E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Yah, Steve is the legend of 2 wheels history, looks like hes riding a 71 Husky 400, or is it a 73 Husky 360? I can't tell for sure.

I followed the sale of Mcqueens bike with interest . A bit to expensive to put in my collection .
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2011/05/article/steve-mcqueens-husky-400-sells-for-144k/

G'day Rix. Yes I still ride it daily on the farm! It needs some love though. It needs new tyres and I'm going to do the moto rear rim soon. I know I keep saying I'll do that, but now I have broken spokes and buckle in rim so need to get onto it. I'm about to order the bits so any advice on what is best practise now would be very helpful. :wink: I like the look of your pic with the 3.00-17 SR241x3.4. I'm still on the original battery(2012), voltage can sag to 72.2v WOT but its plenty for the riding I'm doing here, mostly hot off the charger, short(and fast), blasts around our hilly farm. It also does the odd beach blast. :mrgreen: FWIW I always leave it plugged in to the charger.

Show me something in green! fresh from the painters… so long plum crazy…. hello lime light! ok name the car manufacturer the paint is from..I give you one guess…..for bonus guess the year….

32903119216_18c8e2c2e2_c.jpg

32903120066_0f473082de_c.jpg

32790023862_544fa0fe5b_c.jpg

32903120986_4231114b0a_c.jpg

32100215354_44663db1bf_c.jpg

1abv said:
Show me something in green! fresh from the painters… so long plum crazy…. hello lime light! ok name the car manufacturer the paint is from..I give you one guess…..for bonus guess the year….

WORTH RIPOSTING TWICE!!! I love it, now you got me thanking about changing my Army Green Theme to Lime Green.

ezza said:
G'day Rix. Yes I still ride it daily on the farm! It needs some love though. It needs new tyres and I'm going to do the moto rear rim soon. I know I keep saying I'll do that, but now I have broken spokes and buckle in rim so need to get onto it. I'm about to order the bits so any advice on what is best practise now would be very helpful. :wink: I like the look of your pic with the 3.00-17 SR241x3.4. I'm still on the original battery(2012), voltage can sag to 72.2v WOT but its plenty for the riding I'm doing here, mostly hot off the charger, short(and fast), blasts around our hilly farm. It also does the odd beach blast. :mrgreen: FWIW I always leave it plugged in to the charger.

Either way, damn good to see you pop up on the thread. My Bomber's battery is doing the same thing as yours, HOC WOT sags right down to 70.9 Volts. My dad is riding it and I have offered to have Allex build me another battery for it, but dad wants to see how long the LIFEPO4 Pouch cells can last. Going on 5 years so far. Wont win any drag races, but still a fun machine.

Yer good to hear from you Ezza , that's pretty good battery life for a daily rider . Gerry`s Bomber (purchased a few months before yours)battery is still going fine also and he still gets a bit over 18 A/H per charge , his Bomber doesn`t get ridden a lot though .
Very neat looking paint job 1abv , sure would stand out . Can I ask you where you got the front guard from .

Rix said:
1abv said:

WORTH RIPOSTING TWICE!!! I love it, now you got me thanking about changing my Army Green Theme to Lime Green.

NOICE!!

Well I think that's fast enough for me and my Fighter...
DSC_3866.jpg

This was on OVS level 5...there are 7 levels, but I'm not game to try 6 and 7. I will set back to 0 now as it still hit's 85kph at that setting which is still too fast for my liking most of the time.

Anyway, I wonder if that makes my Fighter the fastest :?:

I plan on dropping from 18S down to 12-14S anyway as I don't care about speed that much. It's just fun to try for a time. :)

Cheers

Nice respray abv!
Is that your 3rd colour change now ?

Cowardlyduck said:
Anyway, I wonder if that makes my Fighter the fastest :?:
You would have been been if it was 2012 :p
I had my old fighter up to just over 100 with the speed still climbing before I ran out of road. And that was in the days before sinewave controllers and field weakening!
But it was not something I cared to do beyond testing it for the sake of saying it could. At that speed it felt twitchy and unsafe and needless to say the brakes were inadequate (and at the time I was running the 9" brakes package from zero motorcycles) I never did get it up to top speed on the road for those reasons. And freewheeling it seems the CA couldn't detect the speed above about 80mph despite the rpm increasing. I choose to believe it did 88 mph, for that is when you see some serious shit :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp0QBkn300A

My current high powered alpha however feels quiet stable at 90km/hr and above (not that I've done it more than a few times) - but it's heavier, running stronger suspension and a bigger wheel up front with a motorcycle rear end. I maintain that anyone doing those sorts of speeds on bicycle spec components is asking for trouble.

Yeah Jay, you were the only contender I wondered if you had gone faster.

I'm sure mine could hit 110kph+ on OVS 7 with the current 18S battery, or faster still with a 22S setup, but I don't care to try TBH as it's just asking for trouble. I'm only running an MT4 up front + the original Gator on the rear with the pads almost gone. Good thing regen is so strong with the Adaptto.
The other thing I find amazing is I'm doing all this on my 6Fet MiniE. I'm also fan cooling it, so that helps, but it's sustaining 70A for long bursts and peaking at 5.1KW as per the pic. :shock:

Anyway, my Multistars are starting to sag and get hot with all this abuse, so I need to switch back down to 12S soon I think. It was fun while it lasted though. :D

Cheers

Ah you get used to it! Once you do a couple of runs at 100kms then 80 is the new 40, nothing special, haha.
Here is a nice tool http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/trip-simulator.html

Allex said:
Ah you get used to it! Once you do a couple of runs at 100kms then 80 is the new 40, nothing special, haha.

Same thing i feel :roll:

Back