E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Samd said:
And me in Fremont near San Fran perhaps, that's a turnup for the books PRW!
I opened those batteries of your up for forensics BTW - will send you an email.
Hey Sam, that would be great - very funny if it actually comes off! We could visit that place in Yosemite where Hyena almost stacked it - personally, I think my grandmother could have taken that corner, but that's just me... :D :D

Rix said:
Hey, thats why you got East Oakland. More affordable. But, you still may be shelling out the equivalent of a Bomber every 2-3 months to replace your stolen Bombers :lol:
haha - :D - will have to watch out!

robohead said:
Probably.. But even in East Oaktown people are paying $1500-2500 according to zillow.com

After my rent went up to $3400 in San Mateo, I moved down to Sunnyvale for $2700 that went up to $3200 2 years later. After that hike, I knew it was sadly time to leave the bay. But the best part is I'm working remote for a consulting agency in San Jose here in Oregon making SV wages, giving me the ability to get a new bomber in rent savings every year if needed.
Zillow was what I used to have a look at how little there was that was suitable, in a sensible budget range - how far is Portola National Park/ La Honda realistically in the traffic from SV? Nice to work in a cheaper place...

robohead said:
[
Speaking off, anything new on the market made here in the states yet worth a sh*t ?

HPC has their Revolution Ebike. Made of aluminum, 80 pounds 6 kw, killed 3 stones with 1 bird and blah blah blah. Problem is, in the past I have referred people to them for plug-n-ride options as building your own pack isn't a task for noobs. Every person I know has had problems with the HPC stuff. Korpin on the Phasor thread had HPC handle the assembly of his Phasor. First 18 months he had it, nothing but problems. Then when Korpin finally sorted out all of the issues, he sold his Phasor. HPC can build good stuff, question is, how many times will it take them?

Rix said:
robohead said:
[
Speaking off, anything new on the market made here in the states yet worth a sh*t ?

HPC has their Revolution Ebike. Made of aluminum, 80 pounds 6 kw, killed 3 stones with 1 bird and blah blah blah. Problem is, in the past I have referred people to them for plug-n-ride options as building your own pack isn't a task for noobs. Every person I know has had problems with the HPC stuff. Korpin on the Phasor thread had HPC handle the assembly of his Phasor. First 18 months he had it, nothing but problems. Then when Korpin finally sorted out all of the issues, he sold his Phasor. HPC can build good stuff, question is, how many times will it take them?

If HPC was the last electric bike company in the world, I'd go back to gas bikes.

I'm from gas dirt bikes :D :mrgreen:
This post is to inform all of you that my Bomber in dirt bike mode is fast almost as it was mi Suzuki DR 350 15 years ago. This is true in the narrow trails I have around home.
Now that my rear spring is much more pre loaded than wen I started riding the bike and the Domino throttle gives me a very smooth power delivery the Bomber is super fast and the most fun dirt bike I've ever rode.
The only downside is that at 10KW the stock 5403 hub motor reach 125°C in few minutes (Max-e mosfets at 40°C) of hard bashing and fortunately the Max-e controller lower the power to the motor.
But my new motor should solve the problem .... at least I hope so :mrgreen: I'm waiting for a QS 205 30*4T 11.5 kv that I will lace to a Holmes MMP 19X1.6 MC rim that is coming too :D

bigbore said:
This post is to inform all of you that my Bomber in dirt bike mode is fast almost as it was mi Suzuki DR 350 15 years ago. This is true in the narrow trails I have around home.
Now that my rear spring is much more pre loaded than wen I started riding the bike and the Domino throttle gives me a very smooth power delivery the Bomber is super fast and the most fun dirt bike I've ever rode.
The only downside is that at 10KW the stock 5403 hub motor reach 125°C in few minutes (Max-e mosfets at 40°C) of hard bashing and fortunately the Max-e controller lower the power to the motor.
But my new motor should solve the problem .... at least I hope so :mrgreen: I'm waiting for a QS 205 30*4T 11.5 kv that I will lace to a Holmes MMP 19X1.6 MC rim that is coming too :D
Yeah I know that problem with overheating hubs motors. Not by personal experience but more by videos like a speedtest on a qulbix raptor bike. :)

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:
robohead said:
[

If HPC was the last electric bike company in the world, I'd go back to gas bikes.

Just answering a question, I am a dedicated Stealth/FLX guy myself.

But my new motor should solve the problem .... at least I hope so :mrgreen:
Grande Allesagio, you should considering oil cooling your next hub motor. If done correctly, messiness is very minimal. Emmett has had much success with it on his little H40.

bigbore said:

Where can i get the domino throttle ?? is it basically just a plug and play, I've only had my bomber a few weeks and got the modding bug already, just not that into electronics ....

turbo9111 said:
bigbore said:

Where can i get the domino throttle ?? is it basically just a plug and play, I've only had my bomber a few weeks and got the modding bug already, just not that into electronics ....

There´s a whole forum topic for the throttle. Just search for it with the search funktion :)

turbo9111 said:
bigbore said:

This is the thread but it seems sold out : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72830

Another option is here: http://www.electricmotorsport.com/domino-twist-grip-throttle-with-microswitch.html

This is the wiring I have, but I guess should work with stock Bomber controller also: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62650&start=225#p1121567

i m working on a frankenstein chop n weld quigley killer kickstand that would cost around 60aud only. spy photos of this masterpiece will be available soon,,

Theodore Voltaire said:

If HPC were the last electric bike company in the world, I'd wake myself up with my own screams of horror, then realise it was just a bad dream and fall asleep again :mrgreen:

Actually the latest ALu frame from HPC look quality made, not mentioning that this Mid drive mod looks bad bass:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71051&start=175#p1115553
file.php

file.php

Jay, I hope you saw a mid drive when you were visiting Stealth ;)

Holy moly this looks really badass..... :O For how much can you buy just the frame??

Hey Stealth Guys,

I am trying to find photos of a bike (I think it was Bomber, but MAYBE a fighter) that had footpegs that were welded to a plate. That plate then attached to the side cover bolt holes. This allowed the owner's kid to have footpegs near the front of the frame when sitting on it between the adult and the bars. I remember seeing it for sale on eBay about a year ago but I can't find any trace of it on Stealth forums or eBay. Anyone remember this bike?

I am trying to copy the idea for my raptor and would like to see photos of it again to get some ideas. I just can't find it!

Cheers,

Mammalian

remf said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

If HPC were the last electric bike company in the world, I'd wake myself up with my own screams of horror, then realise it was just a bad dream and fall asleep again :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: The truth!

Mammalian04 said:
Hey Stealth Guys,

I am trying to find photos of a bike (I think it was Bomber, but MAYBE a fighter) that had footpegs that were welded to a plate. That plate then attached to the side cover bolt holes. This allowed the owner's kid to have footpegs near the front of the frame when sitting on it between the adult and the bars. I remember seeing it for sale on eBay about a year ago but I can't find any trace of it on Stealth forums or eBay. Anyone remember this bike?

I am trying to copy the idea for my raptor and would like to see photos of it again to get some ideas. I just can't find it!

Cheers,

Mammalian

Please find that pic and mod and post it here. I have never seen or heard of that.

Athaneco said:
i m working on a frankenstein chop n weld quigley killer kickstand that would cost around 60aud only. spy photos of this masterpiece will be available soon,,
I`d like to see this . I`ve gotta get off my ar$e and make one .

Domino throttle ordered from Austria seems were a bit behind here in uk with ebike tech, can anyone help a muppet with a easy to follow instruction or wiring diagram on fitting the domino throttle i have searched and took in loads of info just trying to make things easy for one that doesn't quite understand !!????

Hey all,
So looks like the battery balancing worked so far regarding my issue with the cycle analyst reading low then after less than 5 min it charged to full.. Has not happened since I let the charger do its thing.

a few other fun things..

Went riding today w 12psi front (stock rim and tire w HD moto tube) and 10 in the rear (motor rear rim/tire and standard moto tube) its official!!! that may be too low :lol: . I noticed it on curbing. so I went back up to 15 psi front and rear. much better. It does slide a touch more when you pitch it pinned at 15psi vs 10psi but its till a ton of fun...

on another note
My Magura brakes are pretty close to be toast (you all know I've never really a big fan of them)... Since I've owned it I've gone through 3 sets of pads and now the rotors are right on the edge of min. (after 1.5 years of ownership) I'm checking out the saints gonna buy em this week and i'll let yall know how it goes.. by the way the brakes are in perfect working order, never dragged, no funky install... I just use the crap out of em :D

Stealth_rider got his new plug and play battery.

He mentions that voltage sag is about 1-1,5V compared to 2-3V for his original Stealth pack.
The cells are Samsung 30Q 21s7p 21Ah. Weight is about 7Kg.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 12.05.18 .jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 12.05.18 .jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2,367
Back