New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

casainho said:
Would please fully document your build so it could be linked from the wiki main page, on a gallery of builds with TSDZ2??
I'm new to this forum, is there a protocol for how and where to document builds? should I do it in this TSDZ2 thread? thanks!

MaddingCrowd said:
casainho said:
Would please fully document your build so it could be linked from the wiki main page, on a gallery of builds with TSDZ2??
I'm new to this forum, is there a protocol for how and where to document builds? should I do it in this TSDZ2 thread? thanks!
The final documentation will be placed on the wiki (Github wiki), meanwhile, if can´t write it on your Github wiki, please write some text document with pictures of good quality as possible. Try to structure the build in some logic steps and maybe using chapters, like this How to improve motor heat dissipation:

https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-improve-motor-heat-dissipation

So I have a mystery with my TSDZ 750w/48v build.
Most times when I set out, the VLCD5 will read 62.4 mph the first time the magnet passes the speed sensor. It will read this for 5-15 seconds of pedaling and then it will correct itself and the assist will kick in. If I stop, the same process repeats itself. The magnet is 3mm from the sensor when it passes.
Anybody else have this experience?

SeaBass said:
Most times when I set out, the VLCD5 will read 62.4 mph the first time the magnet passes the speed sensor. It will read this for 5-15 seconds of pedaling and then it will correct itself and the assist will kick in. If I stop, the same process repeats itself. The magnet is 3mm from the sensor when it passes.

Yes, several of us have. The key has been to increase the magnet/sensor gap. Mine is now at least 5mm. To be sure, you can disconnect the speed sensor all together, and the assist should immediately work properly, but, of course, no speed will be indicated.

Hi all,

I'm trying to remove my tsdz2 helical main gear, following the Jbalatutube youtube video. Unfortunately, after removing the 2 circlips and housing, I cannot get the main gear off. Am mystified.

See image below. The bolts are inserted to assist pulling out the gear but no joy.

Any suggestions appreciated!

IMG_3821.JPG

michaelanthonycarroll said:
Hi all,

I'm trying to remove my tsdz2 helical main gear, following the Jbalatutube youtube video. Unfortunately, after removing the 2 circlips and housing, I cannot get the main gear off. Am mystified.

See image below. The bolts are inserted to assist pulling out the gear but no joy.

IMG_3821.JPG
I did already that in like 10 motors and always using 2 turnscrew/spanner, one at each side and pull. It is kind of easy for me.

Hi everyone,

New to the board here so I apologize if this already has been answered. I've tried googling and trawling through threads like this one but to no avail :cry:

Issue:
I have just mounted the TSDZ2 350w coaster brake version with a 36v battery and VLCD5 display on my bike.
It worked fine for 10-15 rides occasionally making an err-06 when turning on the bike (manual says Turn on the motor with cyclist’s feet on the pedal for coaster brake version whatever that means?) . At that time I did not know you have to keep your feet of the pedals when turning on, but it did turn on eventually.

However now it always just displays E06 (err-06) on the display when I turn it on. I tried disconnecting the speed sensor but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

edit:
It did rain a lot recently with the bike uncovered. Not sure if that can make the sensor go bad?

Hi all,

IMG_3821.JPG

If you screw the chainset back on, you can then pull on the chain ring which is easier to hold as you can get your fingers all the way around (wrap the chain ring in an old rag first)

windburner said:
SeaBass said:

Yes, several of us have. The key has been to increase the magnet/sensor gap. Mine is now at least 5mm. To be sure, you can disconnect the speed sensor all together, and the assist should immediately work properly, but, of course, no speed will be indicated.

Excellent! Thanks so much!

casainho said:
Hi all,

IMG_3821.JPG
I did already that in like 10 motors and always using 2 turnscrew/spanner, one at each side and pull. It is kind of easy for me.

Thanks for confirmation that this should be easy Casainho!

The reason the main gear was so difficult to remove is that a lot of dust/dirt had gotten into the mechanism.

I eventually inserted 2 long bolts into the bolt holes and tightened them alternatively until the gear popped off.

The reason so much dirt got into the mechanism is that I replaced the original chainwheel with the 130BCD spider. The original chainwheel has a great seal. The spider has no seal. Dirty water was washing in for months.

Thanks,
Regards,
Anthony

ImpulsePurchase said:
Hi all,

IMG_3821.JPG

If you screw the chainset back on, you can then pull on the chain ring which is easier to hold as you can get your fingers all the way around (wrap the chain ring in an old rag first)

Great idea. I eventually popped main gear off by inserting 2 long bolts and tightening them til gear popped off. Good to have an alternative for the next time though!

Bartman said:
I see there’s now a standard TSDZ2 available that has Bluetooth connectivity. A few Europe s sellers on eBay have it.
An user told me that TSDZ2 Bluetooth version is in fact the regular TSDZ2 + VLCD7 display that has Bluetooth inside: http://www.tsbicycle.net/index.php/content/150

Since VLCD7 is not graphic and is kind of ugly, I think we are best served with the SW102.

casainho said:
Bartman said:
I see there’s now a standard TSDZ2 available that has Bluetooth connectivity. A few Europe s sellers on eBay have it.
An user told me that TSDZ2 Bluetooth version is in fact the regular TSDZ2 + VLCD7 display that has Bluetooth inside: http://www.tsbicycle.net/index.php/content/150

Since VLCD7 is not graphic and is kind of ugly, I think we are best served with the SW102.

Ah, thanks for the update. I was kind of fantasizing about a bluetooth enabled TSDZ2 that could interface with a PC. I was curious about interfacing the SW102's I have on order with a PC instead, like use it for power meter in Zwift for instance?

ImpulsePurchase said:
Hi all,

IMG_3821.JPG

Great idea. I eventually popped main gear off by inserting 2 long bolts and tightening them til gear popped off. Good to have an alternative for the next time though!

I wouldn't advise it a second time. I thought about it myself first time around. You are tightening against the torque sensor. That itself is floating rather than fixed tight so you risk bending it.

casainho said:
Bartman said:

If bluetooth is inside the VLCD7, then it is explained, why nothing was found on the Tongsheng site before, but in that case the information of the ebay seller isn't accurate, because the tdsz2 is delivered with VLCD5 and bluetooth.

Hi all,

I am having some issues installing my Tongsheng TSDZ2 on a Whyte Whitechapel frame. The motor fits in the bottom bracket, but the bicycle frame has a bulge that is preventing the motor from sliding through fully.

Have any of you folks any tips at all? I'm hoping this is solvable :-(

Attachments

• tongsheng.jpg
    tongsheng.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2,768
noob-e said:
Hi all,

I am having some issues installing my Tongsheng TSDZ2 on a Whyte Whitechapel frame. The motor fits in the bottom bracket, but the bicycle frame has a bulge that is preventing the motor from sliding through fully.

Have any of you folks any tips at all? I'm hoping this is solvable :-(
In you situation, I would see if it can be solved by file the TSDZ2 case and/or the bicycle frame.

noob-e said:
.....The motor fits in the bottom bracket, but the bicycle frame has a bulge that is preventing the motor from sliding through fully.....
Maybe it is possible if you take off the cover, slide the motor in the bottombracket and assemble the cover again.

Yes I did this on my al frame tandem. If you remove the left side cover there will be a lot more clearance for the BB shell, and any cables that pass underneath it.

Ok, I'm having another problem. Can anyone help??? I had to change out my sprag clutch because of it slipping when pedaling. But right before I changed it and now even after I changed it I'm having a new issue. I will be pedaling in either Tour or Eco mode and all of a sudden it will accelerate like it's in turbo mode. It has even accelerated on its own without pressing the pedals or throttle. Now what do i do? Please help

Rvs4 said:
Ok, I'm having another problem. Can anyone help??? I had to change out my sprag clutch because of it slipping when pedaling. But right before I changed it and now even after I changed it I'm having a new issue. I will be pedaling in either Tour or Eco mode and all of a sudden it will accelerate like it's in turbo mode. It has even accelerated on its own without pressing the pedals or throttle. Now what do i do? Please help
Install our OpenSource firmware so you can debug the issue to find which sensor is failing.

Thank you casianho, Elinx, RicMcK for your advice on fitting the case on the wider bottom bracket shell.

I removed the motor casing and then spent several hours filing both sides of the motor case but I eventually succeeded. I was not prepared for that - I had to use an old rusty file left by a workman :shock: But it's on, so thanks again.

Does the sticker on the motor show the wattage or the amps?

I have seen some picture with only voltage + rpm (so no info about power), other with voltage + rpm + watts and other with voltage + rpm + amps

Maybe it depends on where you buy it and when the motor was manufactured?

I plan to buy from pswpower.

GastonBlunder said:
Does the sticker on the motor show the wattage or the amps?…

I plan to buy from pswpower.

Mine purchased from pswpower a few months back, only has volts & rpm.

New review of the TSDZ2 with the stock firmware
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMFDRuZcrvQ

Back