PCM-24S100 BMS installation

Beavinator

1 kW
Hello has anybody on here installed a PCM 24S100 421 BMS, I just got mine from BMS battery and they never gave me any instructions whatsoever. From what I can tell by looking at the picture of the BMS on their webpage I hook up all my balance leads to the negative side of the batteries in the pack and the 24th cell gets 2 wires one to the neg and one to pos. What I need to know is where does my big black negative battery wire go, where does my big black negative power out wire go and where does my charger wire go. I hope that somebody on here has used one of these BMS and can help me because I really want to be sure I connect it right! Here is a link to the BMS page: http://www.bmsbattery.com/bmspcm/378-17s26s-24a-max-discharge-current-bms.html

One other question I have for you guys is with the balance leads wired to the negative side of the batteries will it balance properly? I have never heard of a pack being balanced like this before.

:oops:
I took a look, but I am just guessing. NC may mean Negative to Controller? As you can blow the BMS, it might be best to wait until you get answers that are 100% correct.
Here is how my evassemble BMS is labeled;
1. P- Negative Connection to Battery Charger
2. B- Negative connection to battery
3. Out- Negative connection to Controller

Without a BMS the negative from the charger and the controller both go to the negative of the battery. With a BMS they are separated and go to the BMS. One heavy wire goes from the negative of the battery to the BMS. One heavy wire goes from the Controller to the BMS. One heavy wire goes from the charger to the BMS.
Hope this helps;
Gordo

Thanks for the help Gordo. I believe that you are right. When I hook up the charger through the P- connection it seems to charge and balance the pack just fine and shut off the charger when fully charged. I have decided to only use the BMS for charging and balancing. I will unhook it when I am riding the bike. I monitor my cells religiously and never go anywhere close to completely draining my pack. This BMS is just way too big and bulky to put on the bike.

Hello,
Could you please somebody help me?
I just received a new BMS from bmsbattery.com, type is : PCM-24S100-421(B3)
The picture on their website is different from the board I have.
I don't know how to connect my charger, my battery, and my controller to the BMS board. ( B-, B+, B-2, P- connections)
PCM-24S100-421(B3).jpg

Thanks

You could try it just like it says in the posts above, which are guessing what they might be, or you could ask the supplier for the correct diagram for your BMS (though from that company, I'd have to say "good luck" trying to get what you need, based on previous problems reported with that company).

I got my hands on one of these as well, but it says B- P- and CH-.

I'm thinking its Battery, controller and charger. in that order.

yes, CH- would be the charger negative. have no idea what the original guy was talking about since he never posted a picture of his BMS. or why he thinks he is connecting to the negative side of the cells. only the first wire, #0, is the one that goes to the negative of cell #1 and every wire after that goes to the top of the cells if there are 25 wires for a 24S BMS. to remove a BMS in order to use the battery is just silly. why buy a BMS to protect the battery and then remove it and monitor the battery manually?

Back