12 kw rc motor

Is there a way to determine the efficiency at lower voltage and amps ?

say 50 volts 30 amps

Whats happened with the production Run of the big Colossus?

Is it on another thread?

I'm needing at least 4 of them.

If some-one has too many and not needing them let me know please.

Also has drive board bee built to push them hard?

I'll start a thread on this crazy Buggy we plane to convert to hybrid. 300HP = 100ICE + 100ICE + (25PM+25PM+25PM+25PM)

7C

Hey 7circle, your in Australia too right?

I am going to be after 1 or 2 soon, we might be able to combine shipping if it works out, i wont be able to purchase for 1 month tho. A light weight motorbike and a CVT on the first stage of reduction should be very fast with these motors. :twisted:

Bluefang/7circle once my bike is up and running in Canberra, I will be taking it to Wakefield where the first ebike setup run is happening for the TTXGP. Mine is NOT a race bike but I want to take it along for a kind of "Show and Tell".

It will be running one of the prototype motors. I will probably be getting a couple of the production models as well. Working together we should be able to get a good deal :)

I'm dead keen on getting one of these motors and would appreciate sharing the advantages of bulk shipping costs with other Aussies as well. I guess one of us would have to act as a distributor of the carton via domestic post. I would be happy to put my trust in Tony (if he's willing) to be that person as he is well known on the forum and a top bloke.

7circle said:
Whats happened with the production Run of the big Colossus?

Is it on another thread?

I'm needing at least 4 of them.

If some-one has too many and not needing them let me know please.

Also has drive board bee built to push them hard?

I'll start a thread on this crazy Buggy we plane to convert to hybrid. 300HP = 100ICE + 100ICE + (25PM+25PM+25PM+25PM)

7C

I have been wondering the same thing, so i PMed Accountant a month ago. Here's the promising response I received.

Hello boostjuice,

Thank you for the interest in our products.

HAL is finishing the final version of the motor.

Marko is looking for reliable manufacturer.

I am working on the web page

There will be only one version of the motor (liquidcooled), but you can also use it without liquid, if you will not push it to the limits.

Price will be about the same.

Hal made improved version with better and smaller bearings, and he made some changes on liquid cooling.

It will be all ready in less then 60 days.

Br,
Vladimir
[Wed Dec 22, 2010]

@boostjuice... thanks for the vote of confidence.

I had talked to Vladimir a few weeks back and it is nice to know a date. They are saying that the new internal setup (bearings etc) should be good up to 10,000rpm easy that means you should be able to easily run this motor up to 110volts.

I have been working with toolman2 on the forum getting the wiring setup and the timing device from burtie going and it looks good. The week after next I should have a motor mount done and everything tied onto the bike. Everything will then be strapped onto the bike for a franenride and a dyno test. All reports will come back here.

Hi guys,
just few words.. the motor is completly redesigned. The skirt bearing is smaller dia, there is mechanical adjustment of hall position without opening the motor, universal steel mount that can be welded/screwed is added, ( it can be detached and the motor mount is like old one). I have redesigned every part of the motor with none or minor change of production cost. I expect the price will be around old one but the motor will be much better. The shaft will be with key, any other rises price of the shaft. We will also make some standard sprockets to match the shaft.
Samples will be shipped before Chinese new year so I think we are ahead of the schedule...

Test paltform is in the garage and waiting , 36FET controller is on surgical table and he will get some 4110s and some 100V caps..

we forgot to thank toolman ,splinter, arlo and others on this forum ..for their own efforts and i am here to correct that guys .. You are truly supportive with your own projects and its nice to have friends like that. i am keeping fingers crossed for all our projects ... :twisted: Now we ll see but i still think the Splinter is the first who will get conversion ready and will ride the colossus Lqc :)

SplinterOz said:
Guys I have been glad to help. Now lets see if I can get up and running first :)

May i ask what controller you will use?

KiM

HAL9000v2.0 said:
Hi guys,
just few words.. the motor is completly redesigned. The skirt bearing is smaller dia, there is mechanical adjustment of hall position without opening the motor, universal steel mount that can be welded/screwed is added, ( it can be detached and the motor mount is like old one). I have redesigned every part of the motor with none or minor change of production cost. I expect the price will be around old one but the motor will be much better. The shaft will be with key, any other rises price of the shaft. We will also make some standard sprockets to match the shaft.
Samples will be shipped before Chinese new year so I think we are ahead of the schedule...

Test paltform is in the garage and waiting , 36FET controller is on surgical table and he will get some 4110s and some 100V caps..
Wow awesome very awesome!!! What is the skirt bearing number???

Arlo lets leave this and few suprises for later ;)
I wanted much smaller bearing than it is on the motor but ... Hal is the guy who allways comes with solution that literally talks for itself : you can have both of two worlds ;) like big speed and very stable motor. Thats the bearing description; numbers after proof test ;)

AussieJester said:
SplinterOz said:
Guys I have been glad to help. Now lets see if I can get up and running first :)

KiM

I am using a 24fet controller constructed by Steveo on the forum. It is an Infineon based controller like the Keywin version. This one should be good for 200amps for extended periods.

So far so good, BUT I have yet to run the motor under load.

I will be turning down the controller to ensure that all is ok before I try a full power run.

Check out my website for more detail.

SplinterOz said:
AussieJester said:
SplinterOz said:

KiM

I am using a 24fet controller constructed by Steveo on the forum. It is an Infineon based controller like the Keywin version. This one should be good for 200amps for extended periods.

So far so good, BUT I have yet to run the motor under load.

I will be turning down the controller to ensure that all is ok before I try a full power run.

Check out my website for more detail.

Didn't Arl01 already pop his 24 fet Methods Infineon on his 12kw motor? Heck, we having trouble ith controllers on the big Turnigy motors good luck with getting one to survive on this 12kw beast.

KiM

18 fet ausi and it was two hall wires were wrong (there not labled). With burties timing tool im betting it will be ok with a 24 fet. But im looking into far bigger and better controlers for it!

MR. Harrison ...thats actually a good motor ...you can post a link to plettenberg also while you are at it :)))):) we have seen it long time ago... But , it aint what we are doing ...
We can beat that motors price and performance .....
Next time read ,before you post ....

The guy thats needs to hybrid ize his off-road buggy that allready has two VF750 Motors on it for 200HP (then add another 100HP of electric hybrid)

He has just got his motor bike licence. He's been riding Dirt bike for hears and I've convinced him to go for an electric motard or he suggests an R1.

So I will need a few more motors.

I'm thinking 4 for the motor bike.

So that would be 8 but may as well go for 10 for a couple spare.

I'm wanting to get the inverter side going.
I will go with of the shelf gear straight away.

If you have any suggestions please reply or PM me.

2011 is going to be a fun year.

I'm also helping with a hill climb race car. Its running a WarpHV11" at the moment with a subaru AWD transmission.

pds_home_img.jpg

Finaly here , colors are a bit sick, but now we are used on this things, mechanicaly it is 100 % correct ;

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

It is possible to adjust HAL sensors position from outside, very easily

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

Now we gona put it on real life tests.

It will be connected to 36 Fet controller ( the biggest one)

kontroleri001-1.jpg

HAL9000v2.0 said:
Hi guys,

this is explanation of things you see on pictures

Back