$278.99 e-guruma ebike on ebay? any experiences

Hi All,

The reason my photo did not attach previously was because it was too large of an image, too many Megabites.

Eugene

New to ebikes, so I read with great amusement the entire thread. Thanks for the laughs and cautionary tales. However, seems like this "inexpensive" stuff would be loads of fun for a hobbyist.

Hi 2old,

I have been retired for 11 years and yes it has been a lot of fun. As long as the frames are sturdy, it is great to work with the components and accessories to put together exactly what you want, or close to it. I actually only got into electric bikes, recently (the beginning of this year), but have learned a great deal. Still a lot more to learn.

Hi All,

The I-Ride Electric Folding Bike is now selling under yet another name (LIBERTY EB-123). Very popular bike, and the price keeps rising.

Hi All,

The Liberty EB-123 (I-Ride Electric Bike) is also being sold as the EB-123 Fold-N-Go. I recently picked up an "Unique-Bike." I will be trying to electrify this tiny folding bike and hope to be able to bring it aboard passenger planes in the near future.

Hi All,

I have found my "unique-bike" already electrified on the Internet and for sale with a 6amp 24v battery for taking aboard passenger planes. Do any of you know if this ad is legit?

http://dangranhk.en.alibaba.com/product/897484930-213212873/Foldable_Electric_bicycle_folding_electric_bike_A_bike_with_various_colors_for_option.html

Hi All,

During the Holidays I purchased 2 more e-gurumas. I now have 6 electric bikes and 4 batteries. One of my batteries has a lost key. What would you suggest is the best way to rig the battery to make use of it? Is there a way to rekey it or is there a kit available that I can use to replace the lock with an on/off switch?

A neighbor asked for help. His has been running like a champ for 5 years. Until the kids pulled wires out of the light/controller unit. We can't tell on the PCB where the wires came from. Anyone know who has parts? After an hour and a half of fruitless searching, only bike for sale, I'm here asking!

Tom

Hi Tom,

Does your neighbor have any pictures of the controller and the wires? All 3 of my e-gurumas were purchased within the past year, so I don't know if they have the same controller or wiring, but if I can see a picture (in color) perhaps I can check. Also the warehouse out here, where I bought my e-gurumas, may have the controller or other parts that your neighbor needs.

Eugene

ancientbicyclist said:
Hi Tom,

Does your neighbor have any pictures of the controller and the wires? All 3 of my e-gurumas were purchased within the past year, so I don't know if they have the same controller or wiring, but if I can see a picture (in color) perhaps I can check. Also the warehouse out here, where I bought my e-gurumas, may have the controller or other parts that your neighbor needs.

Eugene
THANKS! I took a couple but not of the light/controller. I will PM when I get them

I have been riding the e-guruma folding e-bike for about 2 years now. Although it is not a bike I would recommend for long distances, it certainly is fun to ride, and easy to store in the back seat of a car or in a trunk. I am still looking for a good folding e-bike for International travel. I am planning a world tour on an e-bike in 2018.

Back