3000 watt Risun motor and controller

auroraman

1 µW
I have a Chinese Risun HalloMotor 72V 3000W FC-1 ebike. It worked great for about 5000 miles with no issues and then the motor stopped working. Display gave error code for bad hall sensor. I found the motor had two hall sensors so I unplugged first and plugged in second(advised by manufacturer). Now I have no error code but motor acts goofy. The speed settings don’t work and when I throttle up the motor it spins good but the throttle won’t work when I let off it won’t throttle backup until motor almost stops. Sometimes it will throttle up and when I throttle it back down it will almost come to complete stop and jump to full speed 60mph!!! in lowest speed setting. I have tried a new controller and display with no changes, so it must be motor. Will bad hall sensor cause this? Maybe bad throttle? Any real advise would be appreciated.

!!! said:
I have a Chinese Risun HalloMotor 72V 3000W FC-1 ebike. It worked great for about 5000 miles with no issues and then the motor stopped working. Display gave error code for bad hall sensor. I found the motor had two hall sensors so I unplugged first and plugged in second(advised by manufacturer). Now I have no error code but motor acts goofy. The speed settings don’t work and when I throttle up the motor it spins good but the throttle won’t work when I let off it won’t throttle backup until motor almost stops. Sometimes it will throttle up and when I throttle it back down it will almost come to complete stop and jump to full speed 60mph!!! in lowest speed setting. I have tried a new controller and display with no changes, so it must be motor. Will bad hall sensor cause this? Maybe bad throttle? Any real advise would be appreciated.

Maybe you had two issues? Hall sensor issue that you solved, and perhaps a bad/intermittent ground wire on your throttle. If you lose the ground, that would explain the motor going full throttle when your throttle is backed off.

Thanks E-HP I will check out throttle wires. I also bought one of those ebike testers and everything tested out good per my interpretation of the terrible chinese to english instructions. However when I was testing the only good hall sensor with the tester the LED lite pattern on the tester that determines if it 90 or 120 degrees would match 120 degree pattern but if I kept slowly turning wheel and not stop it would change the which LED it would start when repeating the pattern. Thanks again.

Back