• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

30AH 2000 cycle 20c pouches

bane77087

100 mW
Any1 else stumble across these ? it says 2000 cycles in the data sheet and not at some .2c discharge but at 1c. 70% capacity at 2000 cycles. The vendor is in Utah.

http://electriccarinternational.com/page52.php

http://electriccarinternational.com/media/img-prod/Pure-EVS-XC-CPM-PHEV-30Ah-Power-Lithium-Electric-Car-EV-Battery-small.jpg

Pouch Lithium EV Batteries
Pure EVS POWER and ENERGY Pouch Batteries
Pure-EVS-XC-CPM-PHEV-30Ah-Power-Lithium-electric-car-ev-battery
30Ah POWER, 20C, 3.7V
LiMin204
W x H x L
.47 x 6.9 x 13.2in
12 x 161 x 272mm
$132 each

Pulse Discharge Current (≤30sec) ≤600A (20C)
Factory will assemble any serial or parallel configuration of these batteries for free.

They also have 3c 30 ah pouches for $90 that gets 2000 cycles at 1c
and another 3c 30 ah pouch for $59 that gets 1500 cycles at 1c

That's funny I was looking at one of those pouch cells on a ebay sale last night.
Guy had just 2 sales to his history.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lithium-Cell-Polymer-Pouch-Batteries-30Ah-10C-3-7V-LiMin204-47-x-6-9-x-13-2-/170748404552?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item27c165e348

I wondered if that yellow was put over something.

I was searching the web last night and didn't see them, when searching "large format batteries" - and they were top of the results this morning. Odd that there was a pouch bigger than the 20ah 123s other than the dow kokams and no1 here was talking about it. If it wasn't for the fact that it looks like a US vendor selling them instead of a chinese company I might not have said anything myself. Not that we don't have crooks here or all chinese are, but I was thinking about that yellow strip too. And its not like a bs scam artist might buy 2 of his own listings on ebay ( it does look like the same company ) to give himself a good feedback rating before he really rips some1 off, but it looks like some time and effort went into the website. There is an email listed on the website, maybe we should invite him to the post, I guess that might make the post a commercial post and need to be moved. Maybe we can get the guy to cough up a cell for testing. A good review of a test conducted by matt or neptronix dr bass or some1 else here could lead to a hundred customers - might be worth his time to just give 1 cell away for testing.

EDIT: I emailed the contact info, listed this thread and asked that he comment on their 30 ah batteries I guess we'll have to wait and see.

lol; no brand names on anything, huh? Now why would you want a well-educated EV enthusiast to know what he's getting himself info? :lol:

Time to be a guinea pig! Those 30AH 3C cells could be cool for a super high distance / mid power build. At $60 a pop, they are a smokin' deal. Too bad he does not sell 10-15AH cells.

Well if he doesn't want someone to see the brand and create competition for himself then covering it up with the yellow label makes sense at least from his point of view.
If I was the first to bring it in I wouldn't want people to know where I was getting it from either.
Those cells have some big whompin tabs though.

The $59 1500 cycle 30AH pack come out to .53/wh if my math is right - thats 64% more expensive per wh than the 20c 4s turnigy hardcase packs but with 4X+ more cycles.

I guess I just want it to be legit.
But it just sounds to good.....

That makes as much sense as a Chevrolet dealer putting a body kit on a Corvette, putting different branding on it, and selling it with a completely different name.

If you have a good product that is well recognized & has a good reputation, disguising it as something else is a great way to hurt your sales. It makes you kind of a skeezy dealer that is looking for profit first above all; rather than informing a consumer of what they're getting into before the purchase is made.

If you have a poor product, disguising it is often the only way to sell it, since many will see the brand/model and immediately turn their noses up or warn other people about it. The majority of Chinese goods sold to westerners are sold this way. One example is that 90% of hobbyking products come out of various factories; some you can even find the original vendors of via Alibaba, DHGate, etc - then the hobbyking branding is slapped on to avoid any negative brand association.

So the guy is either kind of a deceptive marketer, or someone trying to push whatever Happy Hong Kong(tm) Chinese cell came his way.

I suggest you call them on monday and ask what the real brand name is & grill them :)
Or order one and put it through proper battery testing yourself.

I'm curious to see the quality of creating series or parallel strings. That is where some places have failed in the past.

Its the same contact email with the same cells at the same price. Says free shipping with china air 3-4 weeks.

ummmm... interesting! Different site; different layout; almost same products. Good find, Bigmoose :)

Now i will dig up more additional dirt:

http://xcgd.en.alibaba.com/product/...e_bus_e_car_ev.html?tracelog=cgsotherproduct1

30AH cell at alibaba.

Registrar: DOMAIN
Domain Name: LITHIUM-BATTERY-DIVISION-ELECTRIC-CAR-COMPANY.COM
Created on: 02-JAN-12
Expires on: 02-JAN-13
Last Updated on: 03-JAN-12

Administrative, Technical Contact:
Clark, Carl
The Electric Car Company Of Utah
7427 South Main Street
Midvale, UT 84047
US
801-566-7744

----

Domain name: electriccarinternational.com

Technical Contact:
Mister.net
Mister Net ()
+1.9258480748
Fax: +1.9258480748
Free Professional Web Hosting
3509 Connecticut Ave NW, #360
Washington, DC 20008
US

Name Servers:
ns1.hostingforlife.com
ns2.hostingforlife.com

Creation date: 14 Apr 2011 23:53:00
Expiration date: 14 Apr 2012 18:53:00

Note that 20c is not continuous, but pulsed 30 seconds :roll:

Once you take the fudge out of the burst C rate number, the high power cell is probably more along the lines of 5-10C continuous.

5C on 30AH is 150 amps though. 2.5C is 75 amps; which is right where you would want to use them if you want to squeeze thousands of cycles out of them ( the rated cycles are at a 1C rate. )

Even the 3C continuous rated cells ( the middle ground ) are good for 90A. They are also going to be lighter and smaller. There may be some fudge in that number.

If you wanted a super long range pack on a low-power 15-25mph setup, the 1C rated cells would be very good. Set the controller to about 25 amps tops; your cruising amps will be low enough to run it at more like 0.5C constant on the flats.
They would also be notably smaller/lighter than RC Lipo.
A little saggy, but they would do the job.

Who's going to be the guinea pig on this one? :mrgreen:

Some one with some cash, buy 1 and test the heck out if it already!!! LOL. Again I still think this is too good to be true, but hey someone should try it out. My guess ~100-150 bucks including the electricity cost to cycle them and shipping?

I don't have the cash or time to do so. : (

Note that on the Ebay listing, the photo shows tabs out one side. The datasheet shows tabs out the top and bottom sides. One of his listings says the batteries are shipped from China.

fee shipping if bought from
http://www.lithium-battery-division-electric-car-company.com/Pure-Power-br-30Ah-POWER-20C-37V-br-LiMin204-br-Lithium-Polymer-Pouch-Battery-br-132-x-47-x-69in-br-272-x-12-x-161mm_p_16.html
3-4 week shipping time with china air - no other shipping option listed

Oh and dang at http://electriccarinternational.com/page52.php
The 3c $90 (2000 cycles at 1c )pouch it shows both tabs in the data sheet and the picture doesn't match. Good catch texaspyro
The 20c $132 doesn't even have spec sheet showing
But on
http://www.lithium-battery-division-electric-car-company.com/Pure-Power-br-30Ah-POWER-20C-37V-br-LiMin204-br-Lithium-Polymer-Pouch-Battery-br-132-x-47-x-69in-br-272-x-12-x-161mm_p_16.html
It shows a pictures of the $90 and $132 cells with cell tabs on each end but no spec sheet for the cells.
Has the same prices and contact info listed on both sites. HAHA LOL first site has a link on it that says check out our new site that leads to the second now how did I miss that.

Back