A low-cost e-MTB Production log

Hi, I haven't logged in for a long time. so sorry I didn't reply this message in time.

In September of last year, for many reasons, I chose to close the website and stop production at the end of production. As of last month. I've disposed of all Fishbone 1.0 and 90% of DIY packages.
Very important: the news of UBCO working with Neematci is exciting. This UBCO FRX1 will be well worth having. :D

Reply to several misunderstandings:
1. The total weight of fishbone 1.0 is about 31kg (including battery).
2. We have not sold this product on any foreign websites.
3. The price of Fishbone 1.0 in China is about $800, but it's sold out. No more production in the future.

We will continue to mass produce Fishbone 2.0. R&D and basically completed. More design elements. Some materials use titanium alloy, and the endurance is further increased. I hope to discuss more technical topics :D .
1591594350169_.pic_hd.jpg

John in CR said:
Looking good. If you can really hit that price point, I'll take 3 or more. We have the best ebike laws on the planet (and need it for useful practical transportation in this mountainous country with very little cycling infrastructure), and that is it's not a motorcycle until the rated motor output is 5kw or higher.

My only suggestion is don't use tubing on the main frame construction. Until battery energy density increases 3X-4X, the single biggest premium on an ebike will remain space, and tubing wastes space. With a trellis structure you can easily build a frame just as strong and rigid with no weight penalty. In fact, because tubing is equally rigid 360°, and a bike requires far greater strength and rigidity along its axis than laterally, a lighter and stronger bike is possible using metal sheet than with tubing, especially since battery cells require enclosure. For even better use of weight, make the battery box an integral part of the structure, Even if it is bolt on. A sheet metal version can incorporate panels of a different color mounted from the inside to show off a good looking trellis structure, while making it able to keep rain and mud out as well as making more space available for batteries and electronics.

As you reach for the higher power that people want, larger capacity batteries are required. To best deliver whatever people want, I would standardize the frame to accept your different battery and motor options. That will also allow customers to order components separately to help skirt draconian ebike laws, as well as purchase upgrades from you later when they want more performance.

I agree with GrantMac about the battery bash guard. Simply build some bash protection into the bottom of the battery box. You want to avoid the pregnant fish look.

Respect, thank you for your advice. It's really professional. I tested a lot of strength problems on another frame. I will continue to improve the design of the battery box. The discharge rate is very high when 21700 4800mah 3C is used.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Whale Energy Fishbone 1.0 all-terrain off-road electric : https://m.yoycart.com/Product/608471230398/

Brother, thank you for your continued attention. :D :D :D

trazor said:
2020-07-09 02_16_20-(32) A low-cost e-MTB Production log - Endless Sphere.jpg

:lol:

I don't understand how that motor and swingarm pivot work together. If somebody get a bike I would love to see detailed pictures.

I' can take some pictures later, or draw some pictures to show you in PM. :)

The bike looks amazing, I think just the frame shock and a basic motor kit would sell well for £1000 in the UK, then the buyer could build or buy there own custom battery and parts etc id buy one ...

I hope it will be belt and not chain driven. And I also hope it's not that small as sur ron. Otherwise it's the thing I am most hyped about. Can't wait to get fishbone 2.0 :D

O1CN01g17oaG1aCErzzYYTL_!!836363293.jpg

O1CN011saEOY1aCEs1Ajq0G_!!836363293.jpg

found on yoycart fishbone 1.0 listing as presale for 2.0

i would wish there would be the same color coating on the frame as on the front fork and rear shock. and maybe the rims too in this color

Kandi America Launches Powersports Division, Expands Electric Footprint ..

Kandi_1.jpg

Trail King electric bike from Kandi powersports

"Kandi America, the U.S. subsidiary of Kandi Technologies Group Inc. (NASDAQ GS: KNDI), an international automotive and powersports manufacturer, today announced the formation of a dedicated product division – known as Kandi Powersports – to focus exclusively on bringing Kandi’s unique combination of industry knowledge, cutting edge technologies, and expertise across manufacturing and electric to the powersports..."

50_1.jpg

kandipowersports.com/BIKE/Trail-King

28_2.jpg

kandipowersports.com/BIKE/Trail-King-Jr

:bigthumb: :flame: 8)

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210324005627/en/Kandi-America-Launches-Powersports-Division-Expands-Electric-Footprint

Wish these companies would hire someone who can design suspension rather than focusing on advertising. That linkage-less rear hasn't been a good idea since the 80s.

less pivots, less wear.. more durable, reliable and less maintenance.. why not sketch up something to share for design improvement?.. or aftermarket and diy after sale mods.. also everything you add may also increase the price;)..

with the rear end pivot point being centered on the motor shaft it looks nice and you dont need a chain tensioner but other than that why go to such lengths and so much of the bike seems designed around this goal if it's going to make the bike bob up and down with throttle? does it?

have you seen "illegalbike" ??
it's a similar design but more recently active ..
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=110607

whale-energy probably busy building bikes..
Fishbone 2.0 up next ?? ..

Grantmac said:
Wish these companies would hire someone who can design suspension rather than focusing on advertising. That linkage-less rear hasn't been a good idea since the 80s.

linkage-less works great for "casual" use i.e. no big jumps. and w/ that big diameter motor i'm not sure if there's space for it

Hummina Shadeeba said:
with the rear end pivot point being centered on the motor shaft it looks nice and you dont need a chain tensioner but other than that why go to such lengths and so much of the bike seems designed around this goal if it's going to make the bike bob up and down with throttle? does it?

if swingarm is sufficiently angled down you could get 100% anti-squat w/ that setup

This bike, or a copy is now for sale on AliExpress. Pictures show with and w/o moto seat. We might have to give up on getting our hands on this frame but as true DIY’ers we can copy it. Any one want to work on this? Could this be a group effort? A lightning rods big block would be sweet trucked inside that frame style. Make the swing arm for a 4-5+” fat bike tires please! And a frame not too small, geezzzz. Also it needs pedals but not a hokey add on like what the sur-Ron gets.

Attachments

• 4922A8E2-730F-43E9-925F-D35BEA23D289.jpeg
    4922A8E2-730F-43E9-925F-D35BEA23D289.jpeg
    685.1 KB · Views: 777
Back