A more progressive throttle

Hi all. Pretty simple and straight forward here I think. My kit's twist throttle is rather abrupt in its power delivery. Is there a source for an inexpensive twist throttle that work's a little more smooth?

Thanks!

Thanks. looking into this.

It's not the throttle - it's the controller. Upgrade controller and you'll be very happy with the throttle response. What are you currently using?

I agree it's a function of the controller's sensitivity and programming.

I've been a bit disappointed lately with an old US-made brushed motor controller I've been using lately. It has no perceptible low setting; only medium and up. This despite being directed by a very linear 0-5k pot throttle.

Anyway, whether you're using a Hall throttle or a pot throttle, the signal has much more subtlety than your controller is able to deliver. Abrupt response is tolerable for a low current system, but becomes annoying as torque rises.

Or....the hall sensor in the throttle is going bad....I seem to need to replace the hall sensors in my throttles about every 6-8 months.

When you are speaking of "My kit's twist throttle is rather abrupt in its power delivery".....are you sure the hall sensor in the throttle itself is good? Have you tested it?

:D

I bought ES members gwhy! Throttle Box Kit. It is a box that is cable operated and has a linear hall inside. It works great. Specially on high performance bikes, and smooths out the throttle response. I also tried Zombies Throttle Tamer. It works also but I prefer the Throttle Box

Actually it's also likely to be the throttle.
Not all have the same resolution / hall sensor. Some are downright chunky and only have a few points.
And some have very nonlinear designs to boot.

Back