Alien Drive Systems- new Urban commuter build

right all all the wires are soldered ,just the charging port and kill switch to do..Ive made extensions so i can try all the different configurations,dual Front,dual rear,diagonal..4WD ..lol only joking!! ( maybe)...
so i'm mocking up all the plastics etc for placement.. next ..I need to think of an innovative led mount..something cool....any ideas? min 20watts!!!
IMG_1710_zps6f317be0.jpg

IMG_1711_zpsb1e87e54.jpg

IMG_1712_zps3abb8739.jpg

IMG_1713_zps8ac84db9.jpg

IMG_1714_zps87784c7f.jpg

IMG_1714_zps87784c7f.jpg

Hi beetbocks,

Again a nice build. I really like the sprocket you made.
Where did you find the dimensions for the htd profile? Is it 8m you are using?

Thanks in advance,

Tuurb

tuurb said:
Hi beetbocks,

Again a nice build. I really like the sprocket you made.
Where did you find the dimensions for the htd profile? Is it 8m you are using?

Thanks in advance,

Tuurb

hi- no its 5mm..well i actually just used a standard pulley wheel and machined the inner out.. but its not hard to make the profile ,that's what i do for my kits.. as this was a prototype its cheaper just to buy 2 off standard ones and modify..

This build looks really promising. I just went from my ADS longboard to building a MTB for the pothole reasons.

For the LED, it would be nice to have something mounted to a plate like the rubber spacers between axle and deck so it can be mounted just like them without any extra holes.
Maybe put a spot on the motors and some reflectors on the outer spinning part for the effects? Would like to see how that looks lol.

i've got all the electronics finished including a nice charging port and handset to match the tough/urban im going for.
IMG_1755_zps040c8cef.jpg

and kill switch with antispark
IMG_1753_zps3765631b.jpg

We still have some tweaking to do to the firmware and Bruno is working hard at programming a new one ..Ive had a short ride and its sooooooo smooth!! it just eats up kerbs,pavements.even gravel!!
I may have to look at making the wheels as these just dont run concentric enough for my liking at causes quite a bit of speed woobble and the range is being hit due to it..but as an initial concept on the 125mm tyre -IT works beautifully!!!
IMG_1710_zps6f317be0.jpg

IMG_1711_zpsb1e87e54.jpg

IMG_1766_zps78107e2e.jpg

IMG_1716_zps9b5e5431.jpg

IMG_1715_zpsffae98ac.jpg

IMG_1768_zps830315fe.jpg

IMG_1767_zps5bbc4a1f.jpg

IMG_1766_zps78107e2e.jpg

beetbocks said:
i've got all the electronics finished including a nice charging port and handset to match the tough/urban im going for.
IMG_1755_zps040c8cef.jpg
isn't there something weird on this pic ? Looks like 1 cell is a bit low...
beetbocks said:
We still have some tweaking to do to the firmware and Bruno is working hard at programming a new one ..Ive had a short ride and its sooooooo smooth!! it just eats up kerbs,pavements.even gravel!!
Well done! bigger wheels are so much better :wink:

I may have to look at making the wheels as these just dont run concentric enough for my liking at causes quite a bit of speed woobble and the range is being hit due to it.
There is not many options in pneumatic 125 mm wheels. If your gonna make some maybe they could be easy to sell on your site. Especially if they would look similar to this: http://der-rollenshop.sportkanzler.de/en/Nordic-Skating/Nordic-Wheels/Nordic-Scout-star-rim-black-silver--1.html
I would certainly buy them.

Jan Christian said:
http://der-rollenshop.sportkanzler.de/en/Nordic-Skating/Nordic-Wheels/Nordic-Scout-star-rim-black-silver--1.html
I would certainly buy them.

Damm... this is nice, thxs for the link
sternfelge_silber_schwarz_komplett_z1.jpg

I've completed the design and I'm in talks with my CNC Manufacturer to get them at the best price.
They pretty much look like the above wheels but 125mm ..( the 3 piece hub/ rim design is the only way really) and I'm also talking to a supplier for the tyres and inner tubes ..
ooh and my wheels will be all alloy not with the plastic rims.. :D

I've completed the design and I'm in talks with my CNC MAnufacturer to get them at the best price.
They pretty much look like the above wheels but 125mm ..( the 3 peice hub/ rim design is the only way really) and I'm also talking to a supplier for the tyres and inner tubes ..
WTF?! That was insane fast! Sign me up for 2 complete wheels whatever the price:) Can you post a pic soon?
The five bolts holding it together is a perfect place to mount a light weight circle shaped sprocket with spacers in between.

( the 3 peice hub/ rim design is the only way really)
The Trampa Superstar wheels have 5 parts so I wonder how you solved it?

Attachments

• sternfelge_silber_schwarz.jpg
    sternfelge_silber_schwarz.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 4,420
Jan Christian said:
( the 3 peice hub/ rim design is the only way really)
The Trampa Superstar wheels have 5 parts so I wonder how you solved it?

all will be revealed soon!! :D
I'm machining a prototype this week and ill see how it works out..

I've just had the first real test ride and OMG I love it!! its super smooth and just glides over pavement/kerbs..sorry for the shaky video but i was a bit excited :shock: -a better one to follow
I cannot wait for the sun to come out so i can give it a real ride
Bruno has done a great job on the new Firmware- soft start is perfect and the brakes are nice and progressive!! WOW WOW !!!!
[youtube]D1HsncdiGzs[/youtube]

i've been through a few protoypes but i've got the wheels running smooth as silk..the range will be loads better now..
I just need to get them anodised..Black and Silver or shall i add some colour? and they just weigh a couple of grammes more than the plastic rims..
IMG_1798_zps34018838.jpg

IMG_1799_zpscb937f4a.jpg

[imghttp://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s621/richard_bailey1/IMG_1804_zps050354ff.jpg][/img]
IMG_1808_zpsd43c772e.jpg

IMG_1804_zps050354ff.jpg

Nasty Plastic rims -
[youtube]5FyIKVAzF1k[/youtube]

Nice new Precision Machined 3 piece -running perfect!! they run for ever!! ive also got a counterbalance for the valve on their-which is actually a piece of blutac..but it wont be on the production run.. :D (that's the Tyre wobbling by the way)
[youtube]8uaunFIlHUY[/youtube]
[youtube]-pOeB1oyrVg[/youtube]

Cool! Good job:) Do you have an exact weight for a complete wheel? They make up for an easy tire and tube switch. No rush, but when do you think they will be available in your site?

I'll weigh one but just by hand there the same weight really as I use smaller bolts on mine .
I've made 4 so I can test them first so after a good few miles testing . Ill then get a batch made .
I should think around 1-2 months before there ready for sale as the weather is a bit poor and they have to be tested before I sell them to the public ..it's a dirty job but some one has to do it!! lol
I will say the ride of this board with the pneumatic tyres is simply awesome .. It goes anywhere !

What a result!! Not only do they look nicer,are stronger and run far smoother.....They are also lighter than the plastics wheels!! Now that's Engineering!!!
IMG_1831_zps1ae69711.jpg

IMG_1826_zpsd09f1b21.jpg

IMG_1830_zps0faa0237.jpg

IMG_1829_zps7a9c0ad2.jpg

IMG_1836_zpsc8903348.jpg

[youtube]xLu8eTNdFVY[/youtube]

Great! I have had 2 flats in three days now and the skike wheels has a tight fit. I ended up making more holes in the tube trying to get it out. So looking forward to use your 3 piece design. If you have the option from the supplier to get a bit thicker rubber than the skikes have you should go that way. I see that skike have made some thicker 150 mm tires due to the previous tires puncture easily.

Back