Ananda M100 motor - any danger connecting a Bafang display or programming cable?

Hedon

10 µW
Have anyone tried using a Bafang display or Bafang programming cable with the Ananda M100 motor?

The cable connector for the Ananda looks precisely the same as for the Bafang M400 motor. That doesn't mean that the pin's have the same functions, however. Could I risk breaking the controller in the Ananda motor by connecting the cable to a Bafang display or programming cable+computer?

I am looking for unlocking the speed limit of my Ebike with Ananda M100 motor, which is the primary reason for raising this question.

I have the D16 display attached to the Ananda, which doesn't have the possibility to adjust the speed limit. The manual for the D13 display lists the option of adjusting this, but I don't know if it would work. I already have a Bafang programming cable and a Bafang DP C10 display from before (in which the speed limit can be set), it would of course be nice if I could use just that.

Both battery voltage and low-voltage signals are on the various display-controller connectors, and they are not all the same pinout (wire order) so if you don't first verify the pinout is the same between the ones you want to connect, damage could occur.

Aside from that, most controllers and displays are not intercompatible, as they may use different data protocols or data order or values, etc. When this happens, the display will turn the controller on, and usually the battery voltage meter shows a reading, but the other data doesn't show up on screen and assist levels/etc can't be adjusted and setup menus don't work. Even the ones that do "speak the same language" may not have the same things to say--the menus in the display may not match up to the settings actually available in the controller, so you may not be able to change the things you want to the values you want them at.

As long as the wiring order (pinout) at the connector is the same, and the voltages they're both meant to run at are the same, it won't hurt to try.

E-HP has a thread about display/controller compatibility with some more specific info on certain ones.

Thanks. This is what I have been able to find if it helps, the image to the right is from the Ananda D16 display manual, which is currently connected to the motor.

The most important thing for me is to avoid breaking anything when connecting the cable from the Ananda M100 motor to the Bafang cable/display.

I came across this thread and it seems a user has been using a Bafang 500C display on the Ananda M100 motor, but maybe with different wiring.

Attachments

• ananda_bafang_connector_wire_sequence.png
    ananda_bafang_connector_wire_sequence.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Thanks. This is what I have been able to find if it helps, the image to the right is from the Ananda D16 display manual, which is currently connected to the motor.

The most important thing for me is to avoid breaking anything when connecting the cable from the Ananda M100 motor to the Bafang cable/display.

I came across this thread and it seems a user has been using a Bafang 500C display on the Ananda M100 motor, but maybe with different wiring.
And I am interested in the same question.
Although the seller unlocked 40 km/h speed for me for an additional fee, I still like the additional settings
If there was a screen with bluetooth, then it would be possible to connect. Unfortunately there is no Bluetooth. There is only a USB connection, which I don't know what it is for

And I am interested in the same question.
Although the seller unlocked 40 km/h speed for me for an additional fee, I still like the additional settings
If there was a screen with bluetooth, then it would be possible to connect. Unfortunately there is no Bluetooth. There is only a USB connection, which I don't know what it is for

Do you know what the seller used to connect it and program the motor to set the speed limit to 40 km/h? I think it can be set higher actually. As for Bafang motors the Bafang displays allows the user to set the speed all the way up to 60 km/h, while using the Bafang programming cable with the Bafang tool 40 km/h is the max allowed value.

Do you know what the seller used to connect it and program the motor to set the speed limit to 40 km/h? I think it can be set higher actually. As for Bafang motors the Bafang displays allows the user to set the speed all the way up to 60 km/h, while using the Bafang programming cable with the Bafang tool 40 km/h is the max allowed value.
I don't know what software they used. But I think it was Ebike tuning
This software can only be used by resellers. At least that's what it says on their page..
I see,you are also from Norway. You've probably heard of company E-wheels . They unlock ebikes with Ananda motors for 2000 kr. In my case it was 1500 kr because there was a promotion :)
I bought from them and was able to choose the engine and if I wanted unlocking.
Although it goes up to 40 km/h , but at this speed there is no driving comfort, so the front crankset is too small and you have to move the pedals very quickly :))
Try driving downhill and then reaching 40 km/h try move pedals.. then you will understand what I mean :D
60 km/h with this original crankset is mission impossible :)
I'm thinking of changing crankset to bigger.

Last edited:
I don't know what software they used. But I think it was Ebike tuning
This software can only be used by resellers. At least that's what it says on their page..
I see,you are also from Norway. You've probably heard of company E-wheels . They unlock ebikes with Ananda motors for 2000 kr. In my case it was 1500 kr because there was a promotion :)
I bought from them and was able to choose the engine and if I wanted unlocking.
Although it goes up to 40 km/h , but at this speed there is no driving comfort, so the front crankset is too small and you have to move the pedals very quickly :))
Try driving downhill and then reaching 40 km/h try move pedals.. then you will understand what I mean :D
60 km/h with this original crankset is mission impossible :)
I'm thinking of changing crankset to bigger.
I've heard about that, the software can unlock the bike to 45 km/h. I have two other ebikes with Bafang M400 motors, and I both drive them in 40 km/h+. I do have to go hard on the pedals, but it's way better than going slow and be limited to 25-27 km/h.

I bought my eBike with Ananda M100 from them, but there is no way I am going to pay them 2000 NOK to do something that can be done very easily if you just have the right equipment.

I've heard about that, the software can unlock the bike to 45 km/h. I have two other ebikes with Bafang M400 motors, and I both drive them in 40 km/h+. I do have to go hard on the pedals, but it's way better than going slow and be limited to 25-27 km/h.

I bought my eBike with Ananda M100 from them, but there is no way I am going to pay them 2000 NOK to do something that can be done very easily if you just have the right equipment.
I understand. If you find any solution with unlocking or advanced settings just share it here :) Interesting.

I understand. If you find any solution with unlocking or advanced settings just share it here :) Interesting.
There is the option to buy a chip and insert that, which will be cheaper than having eWheels do it, but that has its drawbacks like the display will show half of the actual speed and there is some work to insert it and take it out when you need the speed limit back.

Which ebike model do you have?

There is the option to buy a chip and insert that, which will be cheaper than having eWheels do it, but that has its drawbacks like the display will show half of the actual speed and there is some work to insert it and take it out when you need the speed limit back.

Which ebike model do you have?
Momas Ultimate

m100 is easy to unlock.put a magnet on the pedal arm and move the sensor to te magnet.thats it.

Back