Anyone heard of a Raven Electric scooter?

NeatSkeet

1 µW
Hey Everyone. I'm new here but I was hoping to get some help with Identifying and possibly getting information on a this scooter. From what I've seen it's called Raven but other than that nothing else. I've searched high and low for anything on it but it seems everything just leads to a dead end. Maybe you folks can help me out.
raven-electric-scooter-1_511201516382793154.jpg

raven-electric-scooter-1_5112015163833629154.jpg

NeatSkeet said:
Hey Everyone. I'm new here but I was hoping to get some help with Identifying and possibly getting information on a this scooter. From what I've seen it's called Raven but other than that nothing else. I've searched high and low for anything on it but it seems everything just leads to a dead end. Maybe you folks can help me out.

Apparently it's easier to find under the name "Terminator"
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1254&bih=646&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=pIHSXPL1IuHX0gL1qqOQDA&q=motorized+scooter+terminator&oq=motorized+scooter+terminator&gs_l=img.3...35166.36737..36945...0.0..1.644.2514.0j2j5j0j1j1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.jFtz4-CpEJ8

That sounds scary.

Wow :eek: Close enough I guess. I'm guessing company name change. I've been trying to look up specs for it since I saw one recently and really wanted to buy it.

Probably just another clone (lots of clones of clones of clones ad nauseum, exist, of all sorts of things). .

I had something found at goodwill a decade ago, that looked exactly like that, in red, with a 250w brushed motor, skinny chain drive to the rear wheel, rear band brake (no front brake at all!), very simple controller (but was blown up), 24v SLA lead acid batteries, sort-of-a-throttle (very little control over power level), LED bargraph power level meter.

It might've worked ok for a very lightweight adult, older child, etc., but even at only 130lbs I was too heavy for it.

Even at $25 from goodwill it wasn't a very good deal...but I've used lots of the parts from it on other things over the years, so it wasn't wasted. :)

It's possible it could be useful for your purposes, depending on what those are, or upgraded to make it useful, but it's pretty slow, and not safe to make it faster without changning so many things about it that it'll cost more than just buying (or building) something that already does what you want. ;)

Back