Anyone know anything about Kewet cars?

alfantastic

10 kW
I'm in the UK and saw something very similar to this vehicle on a recent ride. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and couldn't take a closer look.

Kewet Electric Car

I did notice that it was right hand drive but no badging, so were these made in a right hand drive version?
Next time I see it about, I'm gonna stop and interrogate the owner. I think they're dead cute and would make an excellent pop to the shops car :)

Dang it...I just can't explain $1,000 to the wife on something that needs that much work right now...

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=48368

Okay, so we need to get hold of the man who said. . .

BKero said:
I've recelled my ex-girlfriends Corbin Sparrow, and helped make the fastest Kewet L-Jet 4 in the country.

Dauntless said:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=48368

Okay, so we need to get hold of the man who said. . .

BKero said:
I've recelled my ex-girlfriends Corbin Sparrow, and helped make the fastest Kewet L-Jet 4 in the country.

Plus, respray it pink and she'll want to drive it to the shops.

Best of both worlds really :D

alfantastic said:
I'm in the UK and saw something very similar to this vehicle on a recent ride. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and couldn't take a closer look.

Kewet Electric Car

I did notice that it was right hand drive but no badging, so were these made in a right hand drive version?
Next time I see it about, I'm gonna stop and interrogate the owner. I think they're dead cute and would make an excellent pop to the shops car :)

I managed to have a chat with the owner a few days ago. Nice guy, but a little wary of my interest in his car. Probably thought I was staking it out to steal it lol.
It is a Kewet, but he said that the badging was lost when it got resprayed. Apparently his Brother brought it over to the UK from the Netherlands many years ago.
Got stored in a lock up for years, before the current owner decided to get it back on the road.
It's a 48 volt system and he had to replace the batteries, as the originals had run out of go go juice. I was wrong about it being right hand drive, it's actually a left hooker. The thing's so tiny that the steering wheel looks centralized from certain angles, if you know what I mean.
Can't imagine being able to overtake anything more powerful than a pedal bike, so probably not an issue :D
The guy only uses it to pop to the local shop for his daily newspaper and cigarettes. Asked if he would ever sell it, but that was a big fat no.
Again, he was fairly vague with his replies. I suppose I did look like a 43 year old kid in a sweet shop.
Anyway, interesting car, not advanced in the technology department by any means, but looks fun.
Oh to pack one of these with LiPos and blow GTi's away at the lights :D

Back