Aprilia Enjoy

Hi all,
Just found this old thread while researching the Aprillia Enjoy. I have recently been given one and would love to resurrect it. Does anyone do this? I'm in the Newcastle area.

Thank you for all this posts and all contributors. I have read entire thread and made my very old Aprilia Enjoy functional again.
I used YK31C controller and thumb throttle with 36v battery.
Many greetings from Croatia, Europe.

Hi from the UK just bought a project aprillia enjoy racing and also using a 31c yinyun controller cheap and easy to install :)
Next step to find a nice 36v battery and some NEW forks
I have the original working controller also which is a bonus

I bought one of these, a City, in 2002ish and it's been gathering dust for 15 years after the battery and charger carked it. It was never really a success for me, as I wanted it to commute to work, which was a breeze going down, but pushed the original configuration to its limit, climbing up 600m over 13kms with a few 10 to 13% microwalls to contend with. The 26k round trip was the range of the original battery, not that it did much rolling down hill for the first 13km, but the grind home took about 45 mins.
In context, without the assistance I could never get home under 55mins and was usually around 60mins. One shitfull windy day it took me closer to 100mins to get home and totally shattered my morale.
More recently I've installed a 48v 500w front hub and a TSDZ2 48v 500 mid drive to two other bikes, figuring that if the 'legal' 24v/250w spec was only just good enough, double it will be equal to the task and I now have the ebike bug as I've cracked the 30min home commute mark and sit around 35mins for the 150 or so round trips, 4000km, I've done. In a car it is 15 to 20, so I'm happy with the time and the workout.
So now, I want to see if I can resurrect the Enjoy. The motor runs so I know all I need is a YK controller and a throttle and replacing all the bits I filched over the years but---
Just wanting to know if the Aprilia will survive 48v with one of the YinYun or YK 48v controllers, so I don't have to buy another battery right away. I've seen that 36v was the power hack of choice ten years ago and am curious about the longevity.
So if Tonyontopofabighill is still here, was your last-ish post in 2018 about a 48v battery... given the 54v starting point?
If so, is it still going? I have a 48v to 24v voltage regulator so I can easily step my batteries down and run the bike on 24v again, but it was a grind.
As the bike has been scoffolding for spider webs for 20 years and stripped for peripheral parts for other projects, my thinking is, get the contoller and if it lives, it's Lazerus and if it dies it status hasn't changed. But I'd love to give it a second, better, life.

I got hold of HillHater via PM and he confirmed that over volting to 48 volts has been done and works. He cautioned about going for big amp draws, but as 500w seems to be enough power for my commute, I've bought a 500w contoller and will see how it goes and post results back here.
My next question is, given the original controler is ditched, is there anyway to instal an after market PAS sensor or does the modification rely solely on the throttle?
Ian

Hi Ianane good to see someone is still active on this forum :)

I have tried my enjoy up to 54volts with no issues but gently uphills as that motor soon warms up 😂😂

Ha, a year later and I see this, thanks for posting Sammy. My Enjoy is in bits and it may stay that way... I get few chances to focus on it and I hit a stuff up early then didn't have the time to problem solve... and that was a year ago so now it looks like it is for the recycling bin.
I'm focussing on the TSDZ2 middrive open source software hack when I next get the time to do it, and if I get that working neatly... then I may turn my attention to the Enjoy

Back