Asi bac855 - Throttle voltage outside range?

Rem

1 µW
Hi newScreenshot_20240313_124257.jpg to forums

I have a Vintage electric bike -American brand.
52v battery, 3000w hub motor. I recently purchased have a Asi bac855 but I'm having issues.

It's saying 'Throttle voltage outside range'? So my bike doesn't start. Tried the old version Asi bac800 and and it's saying the same thing.

Anyone had experience on this issue

Is the voltage on the throttle actually outside the range that the controllers are programmed for? The image you posted shows the voltage as 0.05v, but you don't state what the controllers have been setup to use.

BTW, the ASI controllers require complete setup for all the parts in your system (throttle, battery, motor, etc) and how you are going to use them, before they will work correctly.

If your new controller hasn't already been setup that way, you'll have to use the ASi setup software and manuals to figure out how to do this for your specific parts. The old controller should already be setup for them if it came on the bike and the bike worked, so you may be able to hand-copy all the settings parameters from one to the other that are valid for both per their manuals; some of the settings may not be and those you'd have to figure out what to put on the new one.

Many controllers print the expected range of throttle voltages on the label, a range of circa 1v to circa 4v is very common, and with your brake sensors operating at circa 5v is probably reasonable for you too.

The ASI doesn't have that on the label because it's completely programmable for the throttle (and brake) voltages.

Without knowing what the controller(s)' programmed for, can't know what the range it expects is.

Back