Aussie Group Ride THIS WEEKEND

Group Ride Time Sunday 30th October 1PM Garrat Rd Bridge Carpark

The ride will be 32km, predominately flat ground and 99%
On the cities cycle way. Meeting point will be same as last ride days
I.e. carpark next to the Garrat rd bridge Bayswater? Behind the Bayswater Rowing Centre building
All electrics capable of making the distance please come along...Members needing any more
info or directions feel free to pm me or email me at aussiejester@hotmail.com

cyaz there...

KiM

I'll see if I can get a leave pass, and take Kat's e-bike out for a blat :D Count me in as a 95% likely!

As per our conversation this morn (sorry if i was a zombie, i'd just woken up lol), def count me in too mate.

I'll chuck my little 1" slicks on the bike for a bit better rolling resistance after a quick dirt ride up near Roleystone tomorrow (weather permitting).
Might pop in on my way home if you'll be there?

I'm wiring up my new Meanwell now, just stopping for a well earned Bundy break :wink:

Chris - I hope you can make it mate! :)

Paul :D

Looking forward to it. :D

There's likely to be a fair bit of foot traffic and incovenience with those CHOGMites, probably flying out on the Sunday.

I've been crossing Great Eastern Highway back and forth over the last few days and there are cops at every traffic light and stationed at each underpass on the route between the city and the airport. When the queen touched down they timed the lights so she got a smooth run through rush hour traffic .... to bad for those commoners :p :)

I'm almost certain to hit my LVC as well, so I'll probably have to current limit to make the distance (nearly twice as far as my regular trip).

Simon.

RE: the route...i spoke to Matt.P yesterday about it, we wont be able to do the
trip i originally siggested due to the CHOGMites and the Queen staying in Governors
House near Kings Park SooOoo, Matt.P has another route planned for us
it will still see the ride go through South Perth and across the Narrows bridge, but
not down to UWA and through Kings Park instead we will be riding some more cycle ways
in the Belmont area, the ride will still be ~30km will likely push my LVC also sico
if i don't take take it easy and stay off the throttle bursts....not likely going to happen
is it HAHA...we should be ok mate, flat paths no hills i'll be in heeaven hehe...

KiM

p.s Soz Paull i'm a day ahead, i'll be home today also Friday haha was at mates had a few last night
thought it was Friday night when i posted..Seeya this arvo anywayz buddy...

bugger dang it, seems I won't be able to make it, have a good ride and watch out for those chogmites and their angry opposers and Simon, what are you worried about, you've still got working pedals right, yeah
I know how these bikes are a pig without power, not sure why maybe a shock to the system

mark

Definitely a shock to my beer-bellied system ... I know I'm fitter with this bike than I would be without it, but that doesn't make me fit ... :? :) It's pretty much unpedallable without assist to be honest. :cry:

Shame you can't make it Mark.

Sorry guys, I'm out. Katherine's mum and dad are arriving at 2 pm from Winnipeg, MB. They will want to meet us at the airport and share a cab home, and then find themselves a nice comfortable bed after travelling for 30 hours... So if I want my in-laws to treat me ike anything other than dirt, I better oblige :p

Have fun anyways you lot!

CHRIS

Gutted I missed this.....Can you please let me know when the next one is?....thats if you don't mind me joining you. Sure it will stop me playing online pokies :)

G'day Haydo ...yes i always list the group rides here when we have them....In coming weeks there will be another no doubt
as the weather is favorable this time of the year and chances of a fine day are 99% good.. ES member jehu suggested to me on the weekend, that we could have a group ride each month?! over the summer months at least, perhaps the first or last Saturday or Sunday? of the month for example? If we could have an expression of interest from those that would be likely to attend these rides we can then make a 'yes' or no' decision on the idea... Different ride locations could be implemented, be nice now we have done the river ride to venture to different locations, as such if any members have any suggestions for new ride locations please don't hesitate to let us in on it ;) The river rides are fantastic as they involve 99% cycle paths so no mixxing it with cars etc... My only issue seeing i don't drive and i believe sico doesn't either, is getting to the ride location, hopefully i can bum a lift off jehu for this as he is reasonably close to my place and has a UTE to fit the bikes in easily! If others could offer lifts to the non driving members this would be a great help... Anywayz, show of hands who would be in for a group ride monthly over the summer months, even extend it through to April perhaps as the weather will still be fine...

ciao for now peeps...

KiM

Hi KiM,

I'm up for a group ride whenever possible. Making it a close to fixed date is a good idea, so even if you miss the thread you can still turn up and hang out with a bunch of awesome e-bikers ;)

Remember, it's only the WA crowd who actually go e-biking in groups. Hyena only does group rides on our side of the country anyway :D

Yes same CHRiS ...and if ol Richard can get me there i'll ride whenever long as the weathers good
(i have even been pedalling CHRiS!! can go for a far distance before the richt foot comes off the pedal)...I think
Richard will be pretty keen he likes riding alot, more so when the new bike of his is complete ;)
... Hope others are interested? I'll hopefully be riding anyway regardless
if people wanna turn up they are more than welcome ... I am not familiar with all the routes on the cycle way
i will have a yap to Matt and get upto speed ...we have always headed Perth direction whats
the cycleway/scenery like heading towards MidLanD?

KiM

Sounds good to me, I always have a great time at these rides 8) :D

I won't make the last Sat or Sunday of this month though, because the missus is in New Zealand for a couple of weeks holiday :|

Simon

PS: Kim, I do drive, but we only run one car and she drives the kids around in it so not usually available to me ... I'm glad I don't drive to work, but other times would be convenient to have a car on occasion. :shock: :wink:

I still don't have a car mate ;)

If we really need one we hire it out for about $35 a day. And that's not all that often. I ride everywhere anyway.

CHRIS

AussieJester said:
Different ride locations could be implemented, be nice now we have done the river ride to venture to different locations, as such if any members have any suggestions for new ride locations please don't hesitate to let us in on it ;) The river rides are fantastic as they involve 99% cycle paths so no mixxing it with cars etc... My only issue seeing i don't drive and i believe sico doesn't either, is getting to the ride location, hopefully i can bum a lift off jehu for this as he is reasonably close to my place and has a UTE to fit the bikes in easily! If others could offer lifts to the non driving members this would be a great help... Anywayz, show of hands who would be in for a group ride monthly over the summer months, even extend it through to April perhaps as the weather will still be fine...

ciao for now peeps...

KiM

The river rides are great but we do have a very big expanse of ocean to the west, how about a coastal ride, all on cycle ways that stretch from Freo to at least Hillaries and beyond, ive missed a couple of late but don't want to miss the next, and those requiring a lift I have a van that should fit 4 maybe 5 bikes in upright, either way I don't think the paths extend too much past bassendean or Belmont on the north, but do go out to Fremantle, except around the sunset I think hospital in Claremont

mark

I drive so would be happy to split gas etc for the area etc.......let me know when you are heading out. I work some wekends so might not be able to do all. Will have to go on a ride by ride type of thing.....but well keen. River sounds good
H

Hey Kim,

I'm always keen for a group ride, just let me know when and where :)

When i get time i'll look up some bikeway maps to see if we can vary the rides a little.

Paul :D

Ive come across these cycleway maps from http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/cycling/14679.asp D.o.T. they are in pdf format and would be handy if you have a pdf reader on the go, I've loaded them on my android phone but takes too long to open, maybe something with a faster processor might work, but the maps are also available from bike shops which may be the go, they cover from Joondalup to Rockingham and to the hills east

Yes DingoDuDe!! :idea: i have been wanting to do a ride along the Ocean cycleway it would be especially
nice views this time of year :wink: :wink: being summer and all :p Sico could get some
ripper shots of the local 'wildlife' :mrgreen: :p ....the heat though is a concern
i would think maybe a twilight ride along the cycle way perhaps from Fremantle to
Trigg and return? Unsure of the distance however will check the maps and see what we are
looking at..Theres a HUGE carpark on the beach at North Freo, theres a cafe'/restaurant there also, perhaps
we could ride then pop in for a light meal, a drink and chat?

In other news, those asking about Laurie, well i got a PM from him two days ago responding
to the group pms i sent to all the local Aussies, Laurie is fully recovered aside from a little back stiffness
his recumbent is up and running again but he said he hasn't been riding much. He did however express
interest in coming along on the next group ride! so hopefully he will all meet up with him then... :)

I think discussing a regular ride date when we are all together will be best, the members that actually
turn up for these rides regularly are the ones that should have a say in when and where the rides will
be, perhaps we can discuss the next group ride date on the day, each time we meet up?.. Then
it would be regular, but wouldnt necessarily have to be on a set date each month, more flexible for any weekend
or shift workers which i know we have a couple of, at least!

Shall get back to ya'll soonz...

KiM

I work FIFO. So only available every second week. Will gladly join in a run when I'm in town.

I've been riding the Railway Reserve in Mundaring and out the Kep track - both excellent rides if you have the right bike for smooth offroad. The ocean ride sounds nice.

I live in Morley and have a ute, happy to give anyone near me a lift.

Greg

Gregory said:
I've been riding the Railway Reserve in Mundaring and out the Kep track - both excellent rides if you have the right bike for smooth offroad. The ocean ride sounds nice.

Is that the old railway line?, I did a nice ride on my pedeller once, Pechey road to Mundaring through a tunnel and back around 40 k's by memory, a smooth dirt track

AussieJester said:
...Sico could get some
ripper shots of the local 'wildlife' :mrgreen: :p ....

Haha, you need to pop up some highlights of the previous ride to get us in the spirit of the thing 8) :lol:

Glad to hear Lorrie is back on deck and the ride plan sounds great ... I wander if we could make it from Garret bridge through to city beach and back ... I estimate that would be a ~38km round trip. Some lunch down the beach and back home, just a thought (for the time after next maybe).

Anyway I can't make it while Jen is away (in a Winibago in NZ with her mum) and I've got the kids, until after the 1st ...

Simon.

Wish i could Simon, unfortunatly on Sunday i lost a HDD and with it all the video footage of the last group ride
and all the pics of Richards new frame fabrication, so pissed off...will have to make up for it next ride! will have
the camera mounted low and pointing upwards :mrgreen:

Be pushing it too make to City Beach and back, until i up my LiPO capacity to 25ah worth
Perhaps City to City Beach and back?..

KiM

Back