Perth Australia Group Ride date Sat 17 November 2012 10am

sweet all sorted ;) ill be bring the girlfriend along Matts generously allowing her to try on of his bikes
be her first ride on electric, has ridden motorcycles and horses so i think she will like it.. if she
does her mountain bike will soon get hit up with a motor and some of CHRis's sweet lipo packs!

Cyas all there...oh has anyone messaged Timma2500 he seems absent...

KiM

AussieJester said:
Cyas all there...oh has anyone messaged Timma2500 he seems absent...

KiM

I did pm him pointing to this thread but still in outbox although still a few weeks away, Andy you must go seeing as was your idea, tell your boss you're busy, I may not do whole ride due to ah but will be there

mark

LOL. My boss is the wife at the moment and there's no way I'm telling her I'm no going to work so I can go electric biking instead! :shock:

andynogo said:
LOL. My boss is the wife at the moment and there's no way I'm telling her I'm no going to work so I can go electric biking instead!

Hey mate if you can't make this one let me know of a date you can make as I live two steps from the river in baysie, be happy to join you anytime as always cruising the vicinity
mark

andynogo said:
Now that the beautiful weather is upon us, how about a get together, ride, BBQ, beers etc? I saw Matt out walking today and we both agreed it was about time.

My thoughts are to start at the same place as before (Garrett Rd Bridge carpark), ride to Bayswater, then on to town, round the river, back through Burswood and then back to Garrett Rd Bridge again.

We could then fire up the barbie at the park or go elsewhere, and also consideration must be given to stopping off for refreshments on the way (to cool the motors down of course).

Probably in the next week or two on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Takers?

Have we decided on a time.

Time? Not really. Something like 10.00? I can make it any time from 8.00 onwards but it depends on when people can make it to Garret Rd bridge carpark...

andynogo said:
Time? Not really. Something like 10.00? I can make it any time from 8.00 onwards but it depends on when people can make it to Garret Rd bridge carpark...

I'm easy, 10s good for me. I have messaged a stealth fighter owner so he's hoping to make it too.

Changed thread title to show 10am.

It would be interesting to see that fighter too!

Alright. Less than a week to go guys&gals. Any opinions as to whether we should chuck a few snags on the barbie afterwards at the park?

I guess we should also get the exact route down as well - no doubt around the river would be nice, but are there any big shows on? I know the 4WD show was on this weekend and on the perth events website there aren't any listed.

Possibly from Garret to East Perth, cross over the bridge to Belmont/Burswood, around the river that way back to East Perth and if nayone needs a break, there's the Royal in the little inlet bit...for a refreshing coke? Actually there's the Lucky Shag in the CBD as well... :) Where did the ride stop off at last time for a pit stop?

4 days to go.... see yous there..... :wink:

First post updated to confirm details. We can discuss route on the day etc.

andynogo said:
Actually there's the Lucky Shag in the CBD as well... Where did the ride stop off at last time for a pit stop?

The last one I was on we stopped at the Maylands golf club, a nice pub but had to back track to get there cause we went anti clockwise around, could go clockwise and cross the bridge first, just a suggestion but I'm easy with whatever happens, the Lucky Shag, I havent had one of them in a while

dingoEsride said:
andynogo said:
Actually there's the Lucky Shag in the CBD as well... Where did the ride stop off at last time for a pit stop?

The last one I was on we stopped at the Maylands golf club, a nice pub but had to back track to get there cause we went anti clockwise around, could go clockwise and cross the bridge first, just a suggestion but I'm easy with whatever happens, the Lucky Shag, I havent had one of them in a while

Last ride i was on we did that called in on way back nice spot for a few ales after a ride thats for sure! im certain we will be there again this weekend hahaha....im bringing the missus so we will technically have a "female" on the ride!!! Timma you should drag your girlfriend along to mate!!! cyas there...crap what time we decide on? or didnt we? EDiT: oops i see 10am awesome!

KiM

What r you riding Kim?

andynogo said:
What r you riding Kim?

Kim is riding in the front of my cargo bike.
Attention all Endless Sphere friends. This means Kim will be riding with a frock motor.
Photos will be taken.

1000w said:
andynogo said:
What r you riding Kim?

Attention all Endless Sphere friends. This means Kim will be riding with a frock motor.
Photos will be taken.

I offered my frock trike but he knocked it back. I have a small trike. Requires a battery. Free to good home. Otherwise in the bin.

AussieJester said:
Timma you should drag your girlfriend along to mate!!! KiM
Mate nothing would make me prouder! But alas, she's too slow at the moment, that pitbike accident on the motorcross track late last year really screwed her ankle up so its taking time to get her confidence back. Maybe next ride :wink:

Hmm idea, maybe at some point we should try to do a WAG's group ride?

Anywho gotta run, see ya's at 10am tomorrow!

Paul :D

1000w said:
Photos will be taken.
Pure GOLD, charging my camera now for the occasion :lol:

Paul :D

I'm such a noob.

I left my controller turned on last week while away for work, Checking voltages on the battery just now to get ready and they are at at 0.8 to 1.5V per cell. Surprised it only took a week to kill them. Was only a small 15S1P Turnigy pack.
No big loss - it's a good excuse to try some new configuration and have a play with overcharging lipo.

I CBF making up something else this morning (i.e my PSI cells are in 12V 40Ah for camping) so will pike on you all. Enjoy the ride.
Greg

P.S. the Beaufort St Festival is on in Mt Lawley today. They are closing the road - starts at 12pm to 9pm. Might be worth checking out if you're in the area.

I can lend you Katherine's Liberace bike... ;)

I also have a 74 V 17 Ah battery ready to go. It's not in a protective case though, and weighs about 9 kg.

You should come to the pub anyway. I could probably put a Turnigy battery together for you if you wanted one.

Shall we bring barbeque-able foods? I'd love to have a beer with my snags, but we might have to do the drinking at a pub.

You can contact me through the satellite telecommunications network on: Oh four tutu one nine won, five one won.
Take that spambots.

Back