Aussie powered bike laws warning guys!

I have a cop friend that I speak to often... he was not even aware of this recent change to the Ebikes law..

However I think its time to have a real time current limiting installed on my machine ... I like lfp's idea

nechaus said:
I have a cop friend that I speak to often... he was not even aware of this recent change to the Ebikes law..

However I think its time to have a real time current limiting installed on my machine ... I like lfp's idea
i am thinking that too and although my bike is no power plant it dont hurt to be able to have the law abiding option.

I am making a bike with a Golden motor smart pie on it for that reason now. Its a flong from my original plan of something more powerful when I first posted here last year but it will be the best legal/not legal solution I can think of and justify now. I think the fun days are over for a little while.

If this Endless Sphere website was hosted in Australia they would restrict its access speed to a top speed 64 KB/s accessible only by moving your mouse in a circular motion once you have reached the safe web browsing speed of 32 KB/s. The circular motion would legally allow access to the higher speed ofADSL assisted web browsing.

_Chris_ said:
If this Endless Sphere website was hosted in Australia they would restrict its access speed to a top speed 64 KB/s accessible only by moving your mouse in a circular motion once you have reached the safe web browsing speed of 32 KB/s. The circular motion would legally allow access to the higher speed ofADSL assisted web browsing.

pft ...seeef Hyena wouldnt just get 20Mbps stickers made up for our modems
that will increase their speed :p just like the 200watt stickers limit our motors :-| ... :mrgreen:

KiM

AussieJester said:
_Chris_ said:

pft ...seeef Hyena wouldnt just get 20Mbps stickers made up for our modems
that will increase their speed :p just like the 200watt stickers limit our motors :-| ... :mrgreen:

KiM
You need to put the 20kb/s sticker on the 20Mb/s modem because it keeps observers of the modem happier. :wink:

jesus guys, if you gonna think, act like pussies you'll be pussy whipped.

laaaaw..... ? whos law ?! :evil: did you vote for the party on whos behalf the law was proposed, did you fully support the way in which the parliament or congress or what ever runs your legal system passes laws ?

if both yes, then you have no legit/moral right to appose now.

if any 1 is no, then you don't have to abide any new law that is made up for their own interest and gain and ulterior dirty motives.

there's no real democracy and freedom, the cage just got bigger so you'd think you're free :|

"constable, I don't recognise your authority to detain me, kthnxbye"
*slaps on cuffs*

But this guy on the internet said... !

:lol:

I live in the NYC metro area in the US. Ebikes have evidently been totally illegal for a few years now but enforcement appears to be limited to delivery drivers that ride on sidewalks and break other rules of the road. I have seen NYC police pull over regular bike riders for riding through red lights, etc. I think a somewhat stealth ebike set up when coupled with a helmet and good road manners (including ghost pedaling if necessary when passing police) is not likely to get pulled over regardless of the wattage. Good luck!

I heard second hand that here in Perth a convicted drink driver who purchased a 200 watt kit had been stopped and the bike tested.

The dynamo test came back that the bike watts were 250 and been charged.

If this is the case then any bike on Perth streets that was purchased stating that its 200 watt may still be illegal.

Well, who ever controls your mind controls you, that's what is happening to you when "authority" figure trys to detain you and so easally cuffs you, becouse you were brainwashed from childhood to do so, so your brain goes into submissive mode, your put your hands up behind your head, then he cuffs 1 hand and then the other so magical and with such ease, that's because you let him do it without any objection, plus some get into shock just been questioned by "authority" figures (authority my ass).

what you can do when some 1 trys to detain you over an unacceptable law is up to you.

most people don't simulate lifes tough decissions like when a in service your commander tells you to take a shot which you see clearly has no base, most of you will take the shot because an 'AUTHORITY' figure said so, instead of using your discretion and reasoning to appose the order.

these is the gray area uncharted by many with fogy lines, but we do know you wont jump of a roof if ordered to, right ?
then why comply with rest

Well, who ever controls your mind controls you, that's what is happening to you when "authority" figure trys to detain you and so easally cuffs you, becouse you were brainwashed from childhood to do so, so your brain goes into submissive mode, your put your hands up behind your head, then he cuffs 1 hand and then the other so magical and with such ease, that's because you let him do it without any objection, plus some get into shock just been questioned by "authority" figures (authority my ass).

what you can do when some 1 trys to detain you over an unacceptable law is up to you.

most people don't simulate lifes tough decissions like when a in service your commander tells you to take a shot which you see clearly has no base, most of you will take the shot because an 'AUTHORITY' figure said so, instead of using your discretion and reasoning to appose the order.

these is the gray area uncharted by many with fogy lines, but we do know you wont jump of a roof if ordered to, right?
then why comply with rest?

I have thought about it for a while and I reckon the length of time current ebikers can ride in Australia and not be hassled by authorities will be proportional to the amount of ebikers that are hitting the roads, simply because the more ebikers out there the more chances of annoying other road users thus causing laws to be enforced.

Don't kid your self, ebikers in droves will annoy regular road users more then anything else currently on the streets.

I could understand ebikes being totally illegal in NYC because ebikes in the USA have been pushed to consumers quite heavily since they are sold in big chain retail stores like Walmart and Kmart etc, creating plenty of opportunity for careless ebikers creating trouble/annoying others with a bigger say on what happens on the roads.

Rodney64 said:
I heard second hand that here in Perth a convicted drink driver who purchased a 200 watt kit had been stopped and the bike tested.

If this is the case then any bike on Perth streets that was purchased stating that its 200 watt may still be illegal.
Do you have more details? I wonder if he's been pulled over for a traffic offense and the test was simply a routine.

full-throttle said:
Rodney64 said:

Do you have more details? I wonder if he's been pulled over for a traffic offense and the test was simply a routine.

Not much more but I was over at Jonescg place when it was discussed when someone dropped it to see Chris.

Rodney64 said:
full-throttle said:
Rodney64 said:

Not much more but I was over at Jonescg place when it was discussed when someone dropped it to see Chris.
Might as well be hung for a sheep than lamb eh!

Rodney64 said:

If you ever get this, go for a section 10. I doubt any judge would refuse you if you were polite about it.

A section 10 is a "guilt proven, but charge dismissed" option that a judge has, where he doesn't think you should be charged. Most often this is because of a "honest and reasonable mistake". So, if the judge believed that you bought the bike with the honest belief that it was 200w, they'd be able to let you off without injustice occurring.

On an unrelated note, I laugh at people like Scriewy. They talk like this on a forum - some of the tougher ones might even give lip to a police officer. But when it comes to facing time in prison, they all crumple. We saw it over and over again at the "Occupy X" protests. Protesters broke laws, talked tough, refused to move, got arrested. When they were told they could either stay away from the protests, or face up to 4 years in prison, did any of them go back? Hardly. Most of them just kept boasting how the courts were "powerless" for letting them off on a first offence, but none of them went back to test the leniency of the court.

Yes sunder, they all crumple, that's the problem, spineless unorganized crowd with out predetermened objectives nor boundaries, unorganized is the biggest problem then stupid is 2nd, even the 'tougher' anarchists that have the guts to vandalize behind the back crumple in authority presence, but i'm not them.

Laughing is good, i'm happy to be the cause.

check out frantic stoat on tube, might be funny also.

look guys this is a very temporary solution with hidden switches, the legal offices will catch up with you passing more laws just to fk you ug more and continue paving the road for obligatory insurance & license as all vehicles.

you need to view at this from the foundation, there is no source of lawful lawly law in the world, all laws from ground up are based on average populous morality & extending to other branches, which is subjective hence different around the world but the basics no killing etc.

250w motor is sub->sub->sub->.......BS law with no grounds.
if some 1 doesn't get this they're in a problem.

Scriewy,
I'm with you, but what's your answer? Fighting the invalid law or just ignoring the invalid law exists?...But what exactly when those who think they have the authority call you on it? or are you lucky enough that you know them and they know you, and they leave you alone because messing with you is a can of worms they don't want to open, not over some ridiculous ebike law intended for the city sheep?
John

scriewy said:
Yes sunder, they all crumple, that's the problem, spineless unorgenized croud with out predetirmened objectives nor bounderies, unorgenized is the biggest problem then stupid is 2nd, even the 'tougher' anarchists that have the guts to vandalize behind the back crumple in authority presence, but i'm not them.

If you disagree with the law, have the law changed. If you can't, then conscientiously object by disobeying the law. No problem there.

However, it crosses the line when you undermine lawfully imposed authority. Either you're in society or you're out. If you're out, then you have no rights to protection under this society. No property rights, no employment rights, not even human rights.

John in CR said:
Scriewy,
I'm with you, but what's your answer? Fighting the invalid law or just ignoring the invalid law exists?...But what exactly when those who think they have the authority call you on it? or are you lucky enough that you know them and they know you, and they leave you alone because messing with you is a can of worms they don't want to open, not over some ridiculous ebike law intended for the city sheep?
John

you and i can't fight the law because political matters are directed either by devastating violence to which we shouldn't result even if we could and there were enough of us, (hypothetically would you press a button to nuke half of the civil security forces in US so the officials will go "hmm... ok i think we better cancel the 250w limit law?),
or directed by the masses desire, but since the masses are a collection of different interests like some don't even know what they want, or do want but don't have the balls to take a stand, or occupied by something ells in their lives and totally careless it's gonna take indefinitely to organize enough of them for a specific cause that will bare weight as we can learn from our history. plus revolutions are very rare, and happen only when a group is so pined down they just burst and go crazy.
officials learned that if you keep the masses on a short leash but never corner them too much that they'll burst and rip you to shreds, then the officials can jump around those boundaries as long as they want without any backfire from the masses.
and the common ways to move masses is by pretty/catchy speeches or education which i can't do in my current stage of life, so i'l just keep it in the family and around me who ever will care to understand.

"some" people ignore invalid laws, and when officials pass by, those people are a can of warms for them, but stay anonymous, some remind to those thinking they have authority that they don't.
not a good idea to be known unless you change addresses frequently, there are some egomaniacs that will not be lazy to pay a visit to your permanent address, so avoid identification, i can't delve here. (simple stuff, just gotta play your cards right at the right moment)

Sunder said:
scriewy said:
Yes sunder, they all crumple, that's the problem, spineless unorgenized croud with out predetirmened objectives nor bounderies, unorgenized is the biggest problem then stupid is 2nd, even the 'tougher' anarchists that have the guts to vandalize behind the back crumple in authority presence, but i'm not them.

If you disagree with the law, have the law changed. If you can't, then conscientiously object by disobeying the law. No problem there.

However, it crosses the line when you undermine lawfully imposed authority. Either you're in society or you're out. If you're out, then you have no rights to protection under this society. No property rights, no employment rights, not even human rights.

not enough like me and alike, maybe even you, who don't see the law fit to change it peacefully, conscientiously is the preferred way.

it also crosses the line to impose an invalid law on a civilian when authority knows it's invalid.

that's exactly my argument about authority executing orders at your discretion, take the unbased shot or not, to stop a 300w ebiker or not, remember that most people will take the shot, like in milgram experiments even if it's wrong, unless educated enough to know when it's wrong.

it seems you think laws that never existed which sprung over night in relation to the humans race history of existence are like word of GOD, some 1 educated you to think so.

so by what you say before there were laws lets say 9000Bc years ago, we had no right for our property nor human right.
i think if i'd live in a cabin 9000Bc and some stranger came to take my cabin, i'd feel pretty right about protecting my cabin, or my human existence.

how do you think 1st laws in history were introduced ? was that even before the 1st spoken language or after ?
you need to look at the origin of this, the world you're born into is not natural, it's filled with BS based sets and decorations.
laws come from morality, basic morality comes from emotions, the whole life is driven by emotions, whether you wanna hug some one or kill them. upon those basic few, with time tribes developed in all branches and added more precise laws with the development of communication through which they could express more emotions and base upon them finer laws.
what we got now is a mixed abomination of laws, you want to comply with them all blindly be my guest.

if you don't understand that, here's another approach, imagine you stopped at a traffic light, you know this junction, you can see clearly 500 meters in every direction, lets go larger, you see 1km each way, there is no traffic, what's the purpose of a traffic light ? to direct traffic, there is no traffic, this defeats the purpose of the traffic light, then there is no need for that particular traffic light at that moment, it's canceled out, i pass on, you law fearing civilian can stay and wait 2-5 min till it cycles through.

That's what I like about the spot on the planet I chose. In your stoplight example you can go even with a policeman right behind you. As long as you keep that registration current (a major source of revenue) and vehicle inspection up to date, as long as you're not bothering others then you're generally not messed with. Other than the well know speed traps, most traffic laws are guidelines and to establish fault in the event of an accident. Sure there are compromises living here and in most cases there are laws, but in a lot of ways I have a greater sense of freedom than ever.

John

Laws are social contracts, nothing more, nothing less, and in that, they are arbitrary.

You might feel you have a right to defend your cabin - but to avoid starting a family, clan or tribal war over a cabin, the law says it is better to let someone independent arbitrate, and return your cabin to you.

The light may serve no safety purpose, but the social contract is still in place. You may think you could see 1km, but perhaps you missed something. Perhaps a guy on a 3kw eBike pulled out, and you didn't see him, or under-estimated his speed/acceleration. Whatever the reason, doesn't matter. Now you're in the wrong, and the social contract in most western countries will put you way for up to 4 years, and possibly sue you for most your assets.

But the social contract also recognises that propitiation isn't enough - It is better to have the eBiker alive, and you free, than the eBiker dead and you in jail, and so we fine people who run red lights as a deterrent, whether they kill anyone or not. It's not no harm, no foul, because no penalty is enough when the harm does come.

Back