Bafang M600 unresponsive after broken display cable

AlexWardy

1 µW
Hi everyone!

I have an issue with my stock 48V M600 CAN protocol motor after I crashed and the display cable got severed. The cable severed in such a way the individual cores got shorted on each other. (See photo).

1680702150497.png

I have now replaced the cable for a new one and have reconnected everything but the display wont power on! I have check that the motor is getting the correct voltage from the battery which it is. When the motor is given voltage from the battery I can hear a very quiet high frequency buzzing from the display, when I press buttons on the hand control I can hear the frequency of the buzzing change. When I hold the power button (as I would to switch the system on) I can hear the frequency change again, but nothing appears on the display.

Here are the display and hand control I am using.

1680702162173.png

I have not got a spare display to test yet (it is on it's way) and I haven't yet check the controller fuse or flashing LED yet (as per the M600 trouble shooting post), I will try these tonight.

In the mean time has anyone got any ideas on what may be the fault? I really hope shorting the display cable wires hasn't fried anything on the controller!

Best regards and have a great day!
Alex

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I tested the back voltage on the control board and checked the LED on the control board. I made a couple of very short videos to demonstrate the results.

Back voltage: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T2ZxXCX3RL8 - the battery is at 53.3V, when the battery cable is removed the voltage on the board quite quickly drops, when the system on button is pressed the voltage drops much more rapidly.

Control board LED:
- the control board LED flashes when pressing the system on button and double flashes when held for 2 seconds, once held for 2 seconds the LED continues flashing every 3 seconds for around 20 seconds until it then stops. By holding the system on button again the sequence is restarted.

Does this information allow anyone to shed some light?

Thanks
Alex

I can share that there was a gentleman on another board that managed to smash/damage his 4:1 cable as it emerged from a hole cut in his down tube. He went through a LOT of troubleshooting only to find that the controller had been shorted. His was a UART based M620....

Back