Battery box project

carl2.0

10 W
Hey guys,

Im looking to do my own arrangement for my 16S Lifepo battery pack. It came from asian-resources.com all wrapped in duct tape using 40152 cells as requesting in a cubic shape 4X4. Now to slim down the width of my housing I wanna do it in a cuboid shape 8X2 where I will place 8 cells on one side of the frame and the other 8 on the other side. The housing I wanna build needs to be transparent from the side so i can keep an eye on the cells n wiring AND have a slot for 2 extra cells (on each side) looking to upgrade to a 20s bms end of the year.

Now i have never made a battery housing for a lithium pack so i wanted to know if any of guys had any tips for a sleek set up. i know many ppl have done some amazing stuff so even directing me to some previous work is cool, i just value the input of you guys.

Excuse the mess... this is the current set up with the battery in place 4X4 set up

DSC_0715.jpg

The proposed new setup

new+setup.JPG

PS

Ive never wired a lifepo BMS but I am following this tutorial, it seems fairly straight forward. Anything to look out for dismantling, reconfig and rewiring ?

http://andr01dm.blogspot.com/2012/06/e-bike-battery-build-part-1.html

Back