Best BBSHD programming profile for PAS use.

AAjax

10 µW
Hi all,
Just set up my Eggrider v2 display and started to try different profiles via the programming interface. My question is what profiles have you used that work best for someone who rides almost exclusively in PAS mode?
I usually ride 50+miles a go on relatively flat bike trails at under 20mph if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I think the best profile is the one that suits your needs the best. Many of the canned profiles are designed for high speeds and fast acceleration. All my experience is with 48V BBS02 systems, but setting it up to your preference is the same.

I also ride with PAS on multi-purpose paths most of the time. I set max speed (by display command) to the Oregon legal 20 MPH, and seldom ride even that fast. I also set the Current limit to 15 amps with each PAS level going up by 10% with PAS 1 set at 20%. Even with these low settings I spend a lot of time using PAS 1 because I just ride for exercise and recreation. All the speed settings are set to 100%, because I use current mode and don't think the speed settings have any meaning for current mode.

There are other settings, such as start current % and slow start mode, etc. that can be adjusted to give you smooth starts.

I've been using a BBS02 for over 4 years with no controller or motor problems using the settings mentioned above. I think most of the failures have occurred when higher current is used and things overheat or gears are stressed, etc. The rule of thumb I use and also give to those riding my guest trike is to never let the motor lug by keeping everything turning at a comfortable cadence of at least 50 rpm, and of course starting off in 3rd gear or lower depending on terrain.

Good luck with your BBSHD.

Back