BMSBATTERY PROBLEMS???

Refused my refund request, and asked that i write to them.

I already have. Ignored. Then with pics and 'paypal' in the heading. They replied asking for pics. I sent pics twice more. Nothing.

Why would I write to them again. They need to reply.

My reply, for anyone particularly interested:
I have mailed many times. Only putting 'paypal' in the heading got a response the once. It asked for the photo's already sent in the mail being replied to. I replied with them, then replied with them again. Other than this one reply from yourselves, I have never heard a word from you after dispatch or any order, and 3 out of my 4 orders have been wrong. This behaviour is well published. You have all the mail I can send.

$386 for broken goods, plus there fair share of postage, Means I want $450 from you.

You want to talk, you reply. If you don't reply, I escalate.

What a palava.

Paypal ruled I must send it all back

I said I can't it's dangerous goods

They said, return what I can.

I said I fitted the good bits.

They said unlucky.

I said I called before any dispute started, and nobody told me I would need to send back the good bits of my order.

They checked, and came back asking for independant evidence the battery was bust. Though legally I couldn't send it all back now, and that is the only action they can enforce. All the order, not the broken bits.

Serviced their order at the cost of £10 and sent it to them.

They closed in favour of bmsb saying I didn't supply the right info.

I rang up, and they claimed I sent a blank pdf. I explained I had told them before that their system was auto-filling my name, then refusing to send mail as my name was wrong. That it was not my fault, and how could a pdf I received and checked by blank upon sending it to them. Further, that i had 24 hours left to furnish them with the data, so it was not closed in my mind. He agreed that a blank pdf is a mistake, not a reason to close early. Asked me to email it him, and he received it. Said I would get a call back today.

I get mail today. Saying they can't accept the email attachement, it must come through their system. Infuriated with their constant insistence that I must use their defective system I log in to try again....

No cases open. $386 in credit. The cost of the battery.

Is this closure? Nobody has said shit. In fact all I have heard is my evidence can't be accepted by the route I sent it.

Maybe paypal paid me as it's odd for them to ask for evidence themselves.

bmsb have been writing the last week, asking what's up. Bit bloody late. Though they want video now, not photo's as before. It seems only impending doom rattles them. I can't view it in a good light.

So there it is. I got my refund and the below par battery. Only just though. So... who else sells these 09 boxes and bms boards. I need a new supplier. Mine hates me lol

friendly1uk said:
Paypal ruled I must send it all back
I said I can't it's dangerous goods
They said, return what I can.

No cases open. $386 in credit. The cost of the battery.

So there it is. I got my refund and the below par battery. Only just though. So... who else sells these 09 boxes and bms boards. I need a new supplier. Mine hates me lol
You have had constant problems over at least a year with BMSB but you keep ordering from them and complaining about what you get, I can't help but think you are at least a little bit taking advantage of the system.

Maybe instead of asking for a new case you could of got the cracked one fixed by some kind of fiberglass fixer guy at a bike shop or something and asked for the cost of that.

You ended up with a ripper deal in the end with a complete working battery that just has a crack and the cost of the battery refunded to your account.

I just finished my filling my empty battery case with 18650 cells and having it all working properly inside the case attached on my bike, it took heaps longer then I expected, I ended up cutting bits away in my case anyway to make space and didnt use the nice on off button inside the case to save on space, I wish I could of got a free battery pack and $386 bonus money instead.

It could be BMSb didnt want to send you a new empty case because they are a bitch to work with, its amazing how much battery and other crap they stuff into those cases, I have new found respect for the folk that put these together now.

A bunch of different orders all with problems.

Elifebike bought a BBS02 (full unit) that the controller burned out on the 3rd time I had it out. They didn't want to deal with it and after a few weeks just did a partial refund of $80 and told me to work it out.

Figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and ordered 2 more hub motors/wheel builds from them. Shook me down for an extra $35 on top of the ridiculous shipping they were already charging me (over $250 just for shipping for $80 hub motors). They both burned out the 2nd time I took them out (running stock 17A controllers that came with the unit, 500watt rear drive QQ motors).

Told myself I would never order from them again and ordered from BMSbattery Got this battery because the weigh looked very good at 6kg (it is still listed this way on the website)

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/153-48v-12ah-38140-lifepo4-battery-16-cells-ebike-battery-pack-battery.html

Battery arrived and weighed in at 7.5 Kilos (not the 6 kg that is listed on the website). Packages arrived with UPS guy demanding another $43 in 'brokerage fees'.

Really unhappy, sent an email to them to which they replied.

"hello sir

yes, we make the order according to your order, the information some wrong.

bmsbattery"

Still haven't updated the website. Made no effort to make it right. I'm a pretty unhappy camper.

Paul sent me a BBS02 once with a missing Left crankarm. Within a week I got a new pair at no cost.

I'll not buy from anyone but Em3ev again.

You've been warned.

Karl

Yea it is hit or miss. some have great experiences with bmsbattery, some have crappy experiences.

The common denominator is that pretty much everyone has great experiences with paul.

If you're willing to risk it a little for better prices, go with BMSbattery. If you want it to just work and know you have support if you need it, spend more and go with Paul.

I was seriously going to buy from BMS Battery, going to go the full load. Battery, Motor, Controller.
Its just too much money to risk with that company.
I will never buy from them hearing all the stories I hear.
Figured I would just learn to build one myself, for $750.

They also shipped me some stupid big car-jumpstart kit or something like that along with the battery. It didn't have instructions and I have no idea what it is for. I didn't order it and it weighed 3 lbs and was the size of a good sized hardcover book.

Why would they ship me this cheap heavy crap I didn't even order and add even more money to the already astronomical shipping costs. I just don't get it.

Never had problems with Paul.

Karl

gridlok said:
They also shipped me some stupid big car-jumpstart kit or something like that along with the battery. It didn't have instructions and I have no idea what it is for. I didn't order it and it weighed 3 lbs and was the size of a good sized hardcover book.
Why would they ship me this cheap heavy crap I didn't even order and add even more money to the already astronomical shipping costs. I just don't get it. Do they think I'm going to try to jumpstart my 12V lead acid battery with a $500 LithIon 48v battery? Never had problems with Paul.
Karl

It is a powerbank that charges everything under 12v. including cell phones. Worth 50 bucks maybe you can sell it on craigs list.

Here is the info from the website:
Power bank 12v MULTI-FUNCTION Auto emergency start power Fantastic 12600mah car power bank car jump starter mini jump starter

1.Car jump start 20 times. Peak current can reach 800A.
2.Reverse charge protection
3.Extreme hot weather (85°C) Jump starter
4.Full charge -Iphone 7-10 times
5.Laptop power supply 3h
6.12V car electronic products (i.e. car refrigerator) power supply
7.Illumination 24h
8.Warming flashing, SOS signal 40h
9.Weight and size is only 1/10 of traditional lead-acid jump starter
10.More than 3 years lifetime

Features:
1.Support 12V auto emergency starter
2.Support mobile charging for various brands products like cell-phone, PDA, tablet PC,MP3/MP4,camera,gps navigation etc.
3.Support mobile charging for various brands laptops
4.High brightness and multi-model LED lighting (general lighting, SOS distress signal, bright flash lighting) car power bank car jump starter mini jump starter
5.Patent technology, the smallest and lightest one in similar products
6.High capacity and exquisite appearance

power-bank-12v-multi-function-auto-emergency-starter-battery.jpg

power-bank-12v-multi-function-auto-emergency-starter-battery.jpg

I've never seen anyone actually get that thing. Can you please try to jump a car with it? I can't see that thing really putting out 800A. If it can, that'd actually be an awesome thing to keep under the seat or in the trunk. Not to mention as an emergency charger for when your phone, etc dies.

It's still ridiculous that they sent it to you by accident, but hey, free stuff :) that you had to pay shipping for :x but still free sort of :|

gahhh jump something!!! :lol:

edit: then of course take it apart and show us what's inside

I saw that powerbank in action in china. It really does work. It is LiPo batteries off course it can pump out the amps. Maybe not 800 though.

*Edit: I should have taken video it was an old big block engine.

In my last order from BMSB, I had a defective charger. It blew its fuse as soon as I plugged it into the wall. I sent an email to them asking whether I could get a replacement. The next day, I got a reply with a tracking number. 5 days later (today) I have my replacement charger.

When you burn out a motor, I would be very suspicious about whether it had been abused, so I can understand a seller being reluctant to do anything. Some sellers add extra to their prices to allow for that, so they can give replacements regardless of what happened. BMSB are selling at more or less bottom prices, so you don't pay for or get any insurance against your mistreatment of their stuff. If you got a DOA battery or charger, it would be different because their failure through abuse would be much less likely.

Motors don't burn for no reason. The same with a controller. If someone buys a kit, it's up to them to choose the right stuff for their needs. If someone bought a 328 rpm Q100 and a 15A controller and held full throttle up a 10% hill, I would expect something to burn. This stuff isn't fail-safe wherever you get it from.

Shipping is often expensive from China. It doesn't matter a hoot how much it is. You add the cost of the shipping to your order and then look at the total cost. BMSB normally comes lower than others, but what's more important is that they have some very nice stuff, like the S12S controller, that I haven't found anywhere else. They always seem to get the nice stuff before anybody else too. They now do the downtube batteries with integrated 20A controllers and torque sensors, plus the new PAS sensors that clip in the BB on the left side. That's the main reason I continue to use them. I'm now up to 29 orders as a hobbyist and soon to place my 30th.

I hope this post gives some understanding and confidence to people that want to use BMSB. I have no connection with them as I am English and based in UK. Many members on the UK electric bike use them without any problems. Here, you won't find anything against them. It's only on ES that I've seen problems reported.

It's not going to put out 800 amps, but attach it to your dead car battery, and it will start recharging that battery. And in a few min, enough in there for one good crank. Whatever the load is, it's still going to be mostly carried by the car's battery.

d8veh said:
In my last order from BMSB, I had a defective charger. It blew its fuse as soon as I plugged it into the wall. I sent an email to them asking whether I could get a replacement. The next day, I got a reply with a tracking number. 5 days later (today) I have my replacement charger.

When you burn out a motor, I would be very suspicious about whether it had been abused, so I can understand a seller being reluctant to do anything. Some sellers add extra to their prices to allow for that, so they can give replacements regardless of what happened. BMSB are selling at more or less bottom prices, so you don't pay for or get any insurance against your mistreatment of their stuff. If you got a DOA battery or charger, it would be different because their failure through abuse would be much less likely.

Motors don't burn for no reason. The same with a controller. If someone buys a kit, it's up to them to choose the right stuff for their needs. If someone bought a 328 rpm Q100 and a 15A controller and held full throttle up a 10% hill, I would expect something to burn. This stuff isn't fail-safe wherever you get it from.

Shipping is often expensive from China. It doesn't matter a hoot how much it is. You add the cost of the shipping to your order and then look at the total cost. BMSB normally comes lower than others, but what's more important is that they have some very nice stuff, like the S12S controller, that I haven't found anywhere else. They always seem to get the nice stuff before anybody else too. They now do the downtube batteries with integrated 20A controllers and torque sensors, plus the new PAS sensors that clip in the BB on the left side. That's the main reason I continue to use them. I'm now up to 29 orders as a hobbyist and soon to place my 30th.

I hope this post gives some understanding and confidence to people that want to use BMSB. I have no connection with them as I am English and based in UK. Many members on the UK electric bike use them without any problems. Here, you won't find anything against them. It's only on ES that I've seen problems reported.

if the charger blew the fuse on first plug in then it is likely to be shorted between the collector/tab of the switching transistor and the case

you can look to see if the rubber insulating pad underneath the back of the transistor is out of position or it may be shorted through the silicone rubber by a piece of metal, which has happened on one of the chargers i repaired.

easy to check by using the DVM and checking continuity between the tab on the transistors and the case.

d8veh, I'm with you. I'm not sure how many orders I've placed, something like 20 or 30. I think I could put a half a dozen of Jack's kids through college with my orders, if he has any. I always get great service, but I wonder if it's because people like you and me are sort of VIP's and order so much from them. Even though I have always had good experiences with BMSbattery, I'm not blind to the fact that there are many people here who claim to have problems. So I have to wonder what the discrepancy is?

Or maybe it's more of a reporting error, where the people who have no problems don't come on here and say "everything went great, guys!" but the few who do have problems make a big stink and fuss about it.

Who knows. All I know is I've got another pile of BMSbattery boxes coming in a few days. Time for the garage to be covered in little styrofoam scrapings again :lol:

dnmun said:
d8veh said:

if the charger blew the fuse on first plug in then it is likely to be shorted between the collector/tab of the switching transistor and the case

you can look to see if the rubber insulating pad underneath the back of the transistor is out of position or it may be shorted through the silicone rubber by a piece of metal, which has happened on one of the chargers i repaired.

easy to check by using the DVM and checking continuity between the tab on the transistors and the case.
Thanks for that. I'll have a look at it when I have a bit more time. I opened the case. They have little retaining plates that hold the transistors against the side. The plates hold two transistors and have a single screw in the middle. They look very close to the legs, which are staggered fore and aft. I didn't want to fully disassemble because I thought I might have to send it back. I'll probably be back for a bit more help when I get around to it.

They sent a different one as a replacement. The defective one is the more expensive S180 that seems to be a lot more sophisticated inside than the older type EMC-180. They call it "built in active PFC". Do you know what that means?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that car jump starter was actually spammed here on ES at least once by "April / Nancy". :( (AFAICR they acted as if they were just talking about it but they were advertising/linking it for sale: spamming) The thread was remanded to the moderator forum.

The discussion seems to have come down to the device being an extreme fire hazard, and that it's specs are at least partially fabricated by people that don't even understand what it does or how it works.

FWIW, the jumper wires it shows in pics couldn't be even 10G, probably not even 12. Supposedly it even has a BMS. I'd love to see the FETs on it that handle the jumpstart current. :lol:

(maybe it's only for jumpstarting little >30CC scooters?)

To be clear I have had nothing I have bought from BMS fail yet.
1) Their battery is 3 lbs heavier than what it says on the website,
2) They sent me stuff I didn't order and had to pay to ship (shipping was close to $300),
3) I got hit with $43 in Brokerage fees from UPS that I've never gotten with any other vendor (batteries or no).

All the failed equipment came from Elife bike. The controller failed on the BBS02 about 50 yards up an 8 degrees slope. My understanding is that there was a bad batch of controllers (there are plenty of other people that had problems as well). I replaced the mosfets after ordering a new controller from Paul as shown here
https://electricfatbike.wordpress.com/bbs02-controller-mods/ Unit was not even hot when it burned out (I had installed a temp sensor). In my opinion this was Bafang's failure (bad programming/cheap mosfets) not elifebike and the company still stepped up and credited me $80 which was actually pretty cool.

The other 2 motors that failed were qq 201rpm rear geared motors. I was running them on fatbike rims, dual drive system. They burned out on mostly straight and level (maybe 3 percent grade) with less than an inch of snow on the ground. I never asked for my money back, just really pissed that they failed. I had over 40 hours and a bunch of $ into those hub builds. Clutches burned out on both and halls on one of them. Asking too much from a $80 6lb motor I guess. Still would never buy from elifebike again. Ran them with the stock sketchy chinese 17Amp controllers they came with.

Karl

Before ordering from BMS battery, pick up a pair of dice and roll a 9 or higher 3 times in a row. Those are your odds in having a smooth transaction with BMS. Also, be prepared to wait several months.

All kidding aside, I hear that it really depends on what you order with them. The people who tend to have issues, including myself, had some sort of battery with the order.

Back