build your very own Lebowski controller !

Lebowski said:
Did the chip correctly find two temp sensors ? Does it display the two identification codes ?

Yes - the codes are there and the displayed values are increasing or decreasing in the right direction in 0.5 steps. I was just wondering about the high values...

Hi,

Anyone have the 30F_pcb_v2p40.zip file? cant seem to find it anywhere, would really help a lot!

Hello everyone,
I am very new to this topic and have been reading for many hours. For example, it seems to be possible to run a KIA HSG engine with the Lebowski board.
My question is, before I get much deeper into the subject:
Could you also run a Toyota Prius Gen 2 inverter and MG1 engine with the Lebowski board. Would this combination be able to start on a hill?

What are the chances of success?
A)No chance
B)Very difficult
C)Difficult
to achieve

Many thanks in advance!

My question is, before I get much deeper into the subject:
Could you also run a Toyota Prius Gen 2 inverter and MG1 engine with the Lebowski board. Would this combination be able to start on a hill?
Yes it is perfectly possible but there are a couple of issues to overcome.

The Prius gen2 inverter has two current sensors but the Lebowski controller requires three. The Gen2 inverter current sensor outputs swing between -10 and +10 volts and need a conditioning circuit to make them compatible with the Lebowski contoller which expects the current sensor to swing between 0 and 5 volts centred on 2.5 volts.
There are solutions to these issues but given that a Chevy Volt inverter has the required three current sensors and has twice the power potential it doesn't make much sense to bother with a Prius inverter. If you are in the USA Volt inverters are plentiful and can be had for cheap,Europe and elsewhere not so much.

The Prius Gen2 MG1 and MG2 have a somewhat odd resolver setup where the ratio between resolver lobes and rotor pole pairs is 1:2. Since the board designed for the HSG motor has resolver firmware designed for a 1:1 lobe to pole pair ratio it won't work with a Prius resolver without a firmware change plus knowledge of the transfer constant of the resolver excitor to SIN/COS feedback windings.

Using the current iteration of the Lebowski controller you will not be able to start on a hill without either a resolver to digital converter or retro fitting a RLS type magnetic HALL encoder to the rotor of MG2. That requirement may change in future.

Thank you very much for this detailed answer.
A beginner like me would probably never have thought of it.
I have to realise my project in Germany.
With a combination of different components (motor and inverter), a special test is necessary here...
Thank you again for your published expertise in many places
Best regards

Since you have to pass a TUV inspection in Germany you are probably best to follow in the footsteps of Johannes Hübner and his conversion of an Audi A2 using a Prius Gen2 transaxle and inverter using the openinverter board he designed specifically for the task: [DRIVING] Audi A2 /w Prius Gen2 Transaxle & Inverter - openinverter forum

Good luck with your project.

Back