Buying a 8000w E-bike?

Only takes a couple of dodgy cells to cripple a packs performance.

If its made with chinese cells, then these can often vary quite a bit in performance with some performing quite well and others just not coping with high current draw at all. This is one of the biggest difference between chinese cells and those from the big 4, the cell to cell performance difference of a given SKU.

If your pack has a parallel group with a one or two saggy cells it can make the whole pack under perform, and might even be dangerous.

Yeah, i'm a little worried that might be it.

Is there a easy way to test, if that's the problem?

lionman said:
If its made with chinese cells

Well a lot is "made in China"
Everything from counterfeits to genuine, so making blanket statements like that does no one good.
Genuine could mean some generic low quality item that will break in a very short time to top quality products that will last forever.

Its like lets say Grin Tech was a Chinese company building batteries in China, they are doing their own research on their LiGo batteries, potting them, testing them, destructive testing, strenuous lab testing on their BMS' and triple check their results all in the name of safety for the brand, then they sell them. Everyone would agree they are an AAA+ company. Well there are companies like that in China, EM3EV makes top quality products and everyone would agree that they too are a AAA+ company.

Then there are the OTHER companies that are building fire hazards!

What type of warranty came with the bike for the bike and for the motor and for the battery they might be three different warranties and how did you pay for it and if you don't like the battery make it claim soon. My brother is a doctor and he lives in Norway above the Arctic Circle just seen him for 2 weeks I bet he's happy to go back he drove from San Diego to my house and then up to Vancouver how many miles I don't 14,000. I think he was taking advantage of our cheap gas prices or just loves to drive. Good luck and update.

markz said:
lionman said:
If its made with chinese cells

Well a lot is "made in China"
Everything from counterfeits to genuine, so making blanket statements like that does no one good.
Genuine could mean some generic low quality item that will break in a very short time to top quality products that will last forever.

Its like lets say Grin Tech was a Chinese company building batteries in China, they are doing their own research on their LiGo batteries, potting them, testing them, destructive testing, strenuous lab testing on their BMS' and triple check their results all in the name of safety for the brand, then they sell them. Everyone would agree they are an AAA+ company. Well there are companies like that in China, EM3EV makes top quality products and everyone would agree that they too are a AAA+ company.

Then there are the OTHER companies that are building fire hazards!

I meant 'generic Chinese' but I get your point.

kennet_h said:
Some pics
Looks great, I just ordered a similar one about a month ago. Paid around 2300 pounds. Mines ment to have the panasonic cells 72v and bms is limited to 120a with the savaton 150a controller. How long did yours take from start to finish?
Mines looking like 2 and a half months till I get it. Is it alright off road?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Back