Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-jeff-bezos-once-wrote-153400602.html

Inauspicious beginnings. That's what I keep telling myself.

Took Bezos 20 years to build his Rome.

And I'm sure there was some kind of runup prior to starting Amazon.

Looks like he was working for Wall Street hedgefunds in the computer field in his 20s. Then at 30, he founded Amazon.

Well, I wouldn't call that inauspicious, lol.

But, it seems I'm right on track. I started my internet company enterprises when I was 29 easily making more than local wages the first year and it substantially increased the year later. We'll see where it's at in 20 years.

Amazon's the "everything store" just like Walmart. Making them direct competitors.

And Escargot (Snails) is rubbery and insipid. I much prefer the taste of oysters and substantially cheaper too.

Dog really liked the snails.

Dauntless said:
Yeah, dreams really show people the way.

This appears to be true. Epiphanies that resonate with my core have successfully led the way in my case moreso than dreams.

Talking about my vehicles, that's on purpose. More money is ideally allocated to real estate vs. cars. Cars depreciate, real estate typically doesn't, mostly the opposite in good locations. So real estate deserves far more investment.

I'm going to soon have $10000 invested in real estate with a total market value of $15000. What's my vehicle allocation at? Oh yes, something like $1500. And what's the market value? Something like $900.

Ideally, longterm, I'd want to be invested in properties with rent-seeking potential. Not quite at that point, yet, in terms of cash holdings, but it seems like I'm getting there.

Now in terms of cash allocations...

Acquire as much land as early as possible first...
Or maximize rent-seeking improvements as early as possible (Rv park, duplexes, apartments,etc.)...

What is the best strategy?

In an area experiencing rapid appreciation, I'd suspect acquiring as much land as possible as early as possible would be wise.

The gains can be captured by selling off some properties, and then putting the proceeds into rent-seeking improvements.

But this deserves careful calculation. Or maybe even simulation.

[youtube]QmToqNjdLQQ[/youtube]

"If a guy can keep eye contact with you, marry him!"

She's not kidding, is she...

(Considering that impassioned prolonged eye contact CREATED the sexual pairbond after having been seared into the mind)

The eye contact was being kept intact after the gaze had finished. She was following my eyes, yes she was.

------------

ALSO....

"He knows what he wants and goes FULL THROTTLE for it."

Yeah, baby, I wasn't holding back my intention nor the passion/desire with the HEB chick, lol.

-----------------------

The question of relationship....

There's no question there was a relationship... lol

It's funny how the pairbonds have a way of answering that question, lol.

swbluto said:
Anyway, it rained today and the tarp on the flat roof worked pretty well. There's no wetness inside the structure, which is cool, proves I'm protected from rain inside there. Needed to foam insulate the cracks with this spray on stuff I got from walmart, and that should help keep the cold air out.
Home Depot/Harbor Freight tarps will last about 6 months out in the weather before they start leaking. Unbelievable selection of tarps here:
https://www.mcmaster.com/

Don't spray expanding foam around doors or windows because will expand and knock the frame out of wack.

You know I'm noticing something...

When one exercises, the "sexual smells" become more redolent and noticeable ("pheromones" or some such). I wonder if this smell might've been turning on the HEB chick, considering I was chopping trees and carrying heavy trees and the such at the time.

I suspect this benefit is lost when one doesn't exercise.

And walmart brand "Great Value" sardines are inferior to the other stuff. They strip the skins, probably to collect the fish oil.

It makes it have that familiar funny "skinless" taste and it doesn't taste nearly as good as the full-skin full-fat sardines that's exactly the same price.

Fish fat is rich in DHA, partially why it's not a good idea to go skinless. It also reduces the antibacterial potency of the fish and reduces nutrient absorption to some extent.

Weird, maybe it was just that one can. Well, it still tastes a little funny. Product of Thailand vs. Poland.

---------

And I think the HEB chick might've been "socially stupid", thus why she acted like she was widely disliked by peers.

Because I thought about the whispering she did to her neighbor...

And I was thinking...

"Didn't she realize I was RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF HER?"

So, I thought... maybe this girl has some social cognition deficits in the way of autism or ADHD or some such. My vote is more towards ADHD, considering she definitely had hyperactivity and attention deficits.

That was a theory of mine to some of the less-than-sensitive things she said that didn't really seem to be her intention judging from the way she was feeling. The theory was that she was "mindless" or some such.

And if this is true... maybe she is JUST LIKE ME. So, we really were soul mates.

The cries of despair many months later told me that much, it wasn't just mere infatuation. The feeling of depth and overwhelming love was soulmate love, yes it was, thus why it seemed like there was such a great loss.

If she was something more in the way of autism, I'd expect her voice to take on a different quality considering auties have a stereotypical "droning" tonal quality. So the idea I "fell in love with her voice" is not entirely hard to believe, since her voice would be presumably unique compared to others, even if she wasn't stereotypically autistic. It did seem like there was something about her voice that was different from others....

but it's hard to explain...

I wonder if prosody works?

A different kind of prosody?

I don't think "droning" really captures it. At times raspier, at other times, somewhat computerish and tubular mixed together, lol. OH... like a synthesizer. She had a synthesizer quality to her voice.

When you meet your soulmate you'll feel calm. No anxiety, no agitation.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/brianna-wiest/2017/04/this-is-the-difference-between-your-soulmate-connections-and-your-forever-love-because-theyre-not-the-same-thing/

Oh YES!

Talking to her was calmness, like a friend. Talking to this girl in Chicago was anxiety/inadequancy/loneliness like NOT A FRIEND.

Goyte crying about that girl treating him like a stranger... and he cries that he felt lonely in the relationship... maybe he should wisen up and realize she was never a friend to begin with otherwise why the hell would he feel lonely? True friends don't make you feel lonely, they do the exact opposite.

The shack is now painted and it's been mostly foamed up.

Just need to install security loops on the door to make it batter-proof. At least give me warning should someone "surprise attack" the structure and try to batter down the door.

It's how some of the gangs around here having been invading homes. Forcefully battering down the front door.

"He knows what he wants and goes FULL THROTTLE for it."

Yeah, baby, I wasn't holding back my intention nor the passion/desire with the HEB chick, lol.

[youtube]nNXCANBhC04[/youtube]

The key to flirting is showing intent according to this video.

"Strong eye contact, playful smile"...

lol....

Yep, playful smile.

Oh, no kidding... if a girl doesn't seem to act like you're interested, it might be because YOU'RE NOT LETTING HER KNOW LOUDLY ENOUGH! Let her know, preferably in less direct verbal ways. ("I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?", lol. Granted, that might actually work on some girls since that takes some balls which girls are automatically attracted to.)

[youtube]CYZYT4_HKfk[/youtube]

Interesting, the nice guy vs alpha.

He uses the example of a tropical vacation.

The nice guy is seeking the girl's approval by treating her.

The alpha wants to bring his girl along because it'll be fun!

Funny this, because I think I pretty much clearly said the latter. Wouldn't it be nice to have a girlfriend so I can have some fun and go on cruises, lol. I mean, I know she'll probably like it too, but that's not really the primary reason why I want to do it, that's something I actually have to force myself to think about because I'm not actually thinking about it. Of course, if I'm doing something that a girl probably will not like (Like shopping for used metal plates at the junkyard), I'll be aware of it and decide maybe the girl shouldn't be invited.

I wouldn't think that simple example really makes one "an alpha". I think it just means you aren't seeking her approval in everything you do. Generally speaking... you aren't seeking her approval.

Like when she got that angry face when i started going for her body... right...

what would the nice guy do...

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm making you angry. Does this offend you?".

What did I do?

I got my pretend angry face going with a playful smile and kept at it....

And she relented with a naughty smile and presented me her body in an open position.

So, yeah, maybe that's what she was doing... she was testing me to see if I would've been the nice guy who was really sensitive in an approval seeking way about the way she was feeling...

I obviously didn't give a shit about her approval. The only thing I cared about was "I want you and you're mine".

Now that guilt she had when she was pretending to lead me out...

That was genuine. I actually cared about that, because... that does significantly depress the mood in a way that anger does not. Anger, if anything, enhances it, lol.

I think maybe it's because I intuitively understand that guilt feeling.

You're willing to indulge in it once or twice, but the guilt consumes you and just completely stop cold turkey.

swbluto said:
I got my pretend angry face going with a playful smile and kept at it....

I'll tell you what: Instead of devouring huge amounts of bad advice online, why not try to learn about women by going out and talking to them? What you do is try to gauge from their responses what is good and what is bad when you deal with them. It's called "Personal experience." What you do is you walk up to them and say 'Hai, my nam' is---Forrest Gump. Folks call me---Forrest Gump.'

So I once demonstrated to a guy that the best way to get the attention of this really good looking woman who was really trying to get rid of him was to start being nice to the fat older woman who would always be in her proximity. Like I know better than to waste my time like he was, but whereas you could see the way she tried to erect her invisible wall when he came around I had her start to talking to me. The funny thing was he still didn't get it. How do YOU behave to women you aren't trying to 'Get' something from? So what do the women you ARE trying to "Get' something from thinking about that?

Oh wait, you just aren't going to get it either.

So guess what: I took a little trip over Christmas, as always they stopped honoring my Citibank credit card. Only this time they didn't fix it a few weeks later. In fact, they apparently have cancelled my credit card. The one I had a credit balance of nearly $500 on for my last bill because I hoped that would keep them from cutting off my $30k credit line either because it was Christmas and they felt overworked or because I was using it away from home or whatever the hell reason they screw this up for EVERY YEAR! They called me a security risk on the phone. With a $500 credit, having never moved since I got the card in college and paid back my student loans through Citibank early and still have my investment trust account through them and what the hell is wrong with those people?

Yeah yeah yeah, it just confirms your suspicions that stability isn't worth it. They give military discounts to Section 8's but not to guys with a bad leg who they wouldn't let enlist even if he COULD run a 10k in 36 minutes, took 30 mile bike rides, swimming 400 meters in whatever 12 minutes or such that the lifeguard test required, etc. Earlier I was noticing this nice house near me for sale and thinking how nice it would be to move in there and let some new owner handle all the work this house could use. Of course I couldn't afford a house in better shape than this one unless I move to less of a neighborhood. I bet I could buy many of the acres you're talking about in Kentucky for what I could get for this one. If only I wanted to go. . . .

Dauntless said:
So I once demonstrated to a guy that the best way to get the attention of this really good looking woman who was really trying to get rid of him was to start being nice to the fat older woman who would always be in her proximity. Like I know better than to waste my time like he was, but whereas you could see the way she tried to erect her invisible wall when he came around I had her start to talking to me. The funny thing was he still didn't get it. How do YOU behave to women you aren't trying to 'Get' something from? So what do the women you ARE trying to "Get' something from thinking about that?

That didn't matter to the narcissistic sadistic psychopath known as the HEB chick. She'd regard and treat all those lesser people like crap much the same as I would, and we'd be on the same page. So, as you can see... it's not all about looks, it's about that self-same personality, that soul mate connection. I've passed up many a pretty female simply because they don't have that personality I'm seeking, that personality I'd fall in love with.

It really seems like all the girls I'm meeting are missing sadism. They aren't treating me mean, and that just isn't triggering any compelling action.

I guess maybe there's a real reason for that. The girl who really likes you will treat you mean.

It's what this tomboy back in 4th grade did. I told her my mom said it meant she liked me and she stopped bothering me, lol.

The HEB chick? When she treated me mean (She scorned me over some asinine trifle), I made a move on her and she fell in love. And she probably was that widely disliked tomboy just like in 4th grader.

This guy is saying that kisses will excite you and lead to sex.

Fudge, all I wanted to do was makeout with the heb chick. You're telling me that would've led to sex?

Oh.... damn....

I wasn't thinking that through was I...

Although... the passionate love gaze which had pretty similar affects to kissing judging from book passages(Wild eyes of desire,etc.) also excited her and was leading to sex...

Almost seemed like probably even more so...

Like it became a burning need...

You wonder sometimes how all this stuff gets accomplished because it's obviously happened a lot judging from population size... and it's all about the lead ins... the gateway drugs...

http://theproblemismen.com/rants/treatedlikecrap

This is pretty shit. I am actually trying to find a reason as to why my boyfriend is being like a woman on her period and there is nothing that is accurate about this. I know for a fact that I am not letting him walk over me like this. It is not me, it is him, and I want to know why he is being a jerk. Is he seeing someone else?!
Like · Reply · 7w

Charles J. Orlando
Jade: It's only you because you are allowing it. That doesn't excuse his behavior, but if you aren't trusting your gut and you KNOW something is off/wrong, then you're participating.
Like · Reply · 7w

Jade Trent · Author at Wattpad
Charles J. Orlando I'm not allowing his behaviour though. I have told him that he is being a complete asshole, and that he shouldn't be treating me that way. And he just treats me like it anyway. I am not letting him walk over me like you think. I think it might be his mental illness, but still that's no reason to try your girlfriend who trying to help you like a piece of shit. I don't want to be treated like that and have actually told him next time he does it that I am walking out of this place. He has sort of stopped since then, but he still gets a bit grumpy at me for nothing!!
Like · Reply · 4w

Oh well, here comes my grand insight. This guy is likely getting treated badly by peers/superiors in his daily life and he's taking out on his partner. It's rather fitting then the girl would leave, since those who get treated badly don't deserve girlfriends, amirite?

Dauntless said:
So guess what: I took a little trip over Christmas, as always they stopped honoring my Citibank credit card. Only this time they didn't fix it a few weeks later. In fact, they apparently have cancelled my credit card. The one I had a credit balance of nearly $500 on for my last bill because I hoped that would keep them from cutting off my $30k credit line either because it was Christmas and they felt overworked or because I was using it away from home or whatever the hell reason they screw this up for EVERY YEAR! They called me a security risk on the phone. With a $500 credit, having never moved since I got the card in college and paid back my student loans through Citibank early and still have my investment trust account through them and what the hell is wrong with those people?.

Did they do this fairly recently, like the last few weeks?

If so, could be a sign they're reducing their exposure to an IMPENDING RECESSION.

I had a company cancel my credit card, believe it was chase or citigroup.

Unlike you, I was a demonstrated risk. So your cancellation likely means something...

Kind of sucked, was part of my "exit strategy", but still made the exit from the debt system anyway, just a bit earlier than I planned due to forced circumstances. But, if there's an impending recession this year, then thank the good lord it was earlier than I planned... recessions need cash...

Will still clear the land and build the house, but think I might hold off on the privacy fence project. A privacy fence around the entire land is $3000. It is something I eventually want, but I don't want to draw my cash reserves down to $1000, especially if a recession is a coming. I'll probably put up a more minor fence, for construction site protection. And, I'll be smart this time and get the 6' welded wire rolls from LOWE's. Much easier to deploy one roll then trying to stack them ontop of each other for height.

With an impending recession...

What's one of the most visible things to crash...

Looks like coastal real estate is pretty high...

(Even land prices around here looks pretty high...)

And so is the stock market...

I think the algorithm I'd use to time a stock market crash would be something like decline of 10% from peak. Then I'd probably hold until there's some obvious reason why it'd be going back up ("FEDS decide to resume quantitative easing!", etc.)...

or it stops declining for two weeks...

Now what instruments do I have to gain exposure to a crashing stock market?

Some kind of short...

Once I cashed out of the market, I could buy back in and let it build for 7 years or until next time.

Or I could wait a year or so for real estate to settle and start buying up real estate, just like investors did during the last recession...

Me... I really want to get to a good location first. So, I'm going to spend whatever it takes to get there.

But if I wanted to potentially triple my money... I could hunker down here and play the market crash.

That'd be the most financially optimal thing to do...

It's just that I really don't want to be around murderous illegals in a growing mexican enclave during a recession...

Now let's think on the business side of what happens during a recession...

As we know, the economy is DEMAND DRIVEN. The more demand there is, the more revenue and potential profit there is.

-Fear reduces demand.
-Increased income increases demand. I suspect there's a less pronounced effect for higher savings, but there probably still is one.
-Effective marketing and "connecting sellers with interested buyers" or "connecting buyers with interested sellers" increases localized demand. Word of mouth marketing or its equivalent is particularly effective for increasing demand over long spans of time.

In a recession, fear is high and income/savings typically decreases. So demand will decrease.

Meaning, revenues and profits will decline.

Okay, so... now that I've proven the obvious... lol... let's figure out the best income strategies for a recession...

I think I'm learning from reading all these articles is that nothing good happens after midnight. (Well, I mean, unless you're a male who finds unpunished sex)

I was wondering why my dog keeps barking at 3 in the morning...

Is there someone prowling around?

Sex. Hmmm... interesting thinking about the associations here...

-Guy feels obligated to financially compensate.
-Girl feels guilty as hell
-Enough times, the guy gets punished for it.

Hmmm...

It would almost seem like...

It gets treated like a sin or something...

And tithing can cleanse you of your sins...

Or more like you're emotionally damaging the girl, and remuneration can right the wrongs.

It was weird with the HEB chick... she sure didn't seem like she was "being damaged", she seemed to be immensely enjoying the arousal.

Kind of makes me think most guys suck at it... turning women on...

I wonder if all those girls wanting me to marry them was not so much for the money... but because of all that sexy...

swbluto said:
Dauntless said:
So guess what: I took a little trip over Christmas. . . .

Did they do this fairly recently, like the last few weeks?

I guess it all depends on whether for not you consider Christmas to have been in the last few weeks.

They're calling me a security risk. They wanted all information on any other Citibank account I had, I guess to cancel that too. Lord only knows.

I'm really not the one to cancel with an impending recession, that would be people carrying a debt load, income that can't accommodate it, etc. On the other hand I don't see myself as someone the credit cards are falling over themselves to give one to, so I get to go to my other local bank and see. I do have one in another state but I assume I would have to go there to get a card. Maybe not if it comes to that.

A recession was once the result of crop failures. Now it is the result of government currency manipulation. As this guy said, can't remember his name or a precise quote to look up, the tool and indicators cease to work when manipulated for control purposes, as has been proven time and again. When the government bumps something up for themselves the pendulum has to swing the other way. But they try to prevent that by further bumping up. Eventually more and more manipulation produces less and less result until they fail altogether and the pendulum swings the other way. We all pay the price for government incompetence.

2007-08 wasn't what the government wants us to believe it was. The ever increasing prices of houses meant more and more cash assets tied up in loans to buy them. Other loans were similarly low interest and unprofitable as they tied up all the money. And don't forget as much as 6 trillion in new national debt through the Dubya years. So there came to be no money, the pipeline went dry. There's where people start getting laid off and can't make their house payments, but it was already too late, the government is lying to you when they call the symptom the disease itself. Between the runaway government spending and the effort to create the refinance market with low interest the government manipulation created the collapse.

Now it's Obama's turn, he ran up probably as much as $11 trillion in new debt if we could identify what is strictly his. So the Fed thinks they counterbalance anything with over $4 trillion in new money, both inflationary and depressionary inducements are some sort of answer? Basic concept in how a car handles, anyone in racing can tell you that while oversteering and understeering are opposite, it is possible for a car to oversteer and understeer at the same time. Both can cause problems, you do NOT combat one by creating the other. It's the same for the economy, but the incompetents like Obama do it anyway.

If you short the market, where will you secure the money waiting for the collapse? Once successful with the final transaction where will your cash instruments then wind up? If you want to cash out in a bound up market, obviously you'll get little if any actual cash, what will you transact? If the government decides to unwind the trades that were supposed to make you such money, which they have done, you're still out what you paid to short the market. Maybe you won't have any problems, time would tell. But the stock market is one of the entities that the government manipulates for control purposes, don't blame Wall Street if it doesn't work anymore.

Immediately after the collapse, I was getting the ads from banks that they'd pay a $150 bonus if I'd deposit $5,000 at 1% and have it locked up for awhile. That would rise to over $200 from some of them. Currently the amount has gone up to $15,000 but the bonus is only $200. Interest being 0.37%. The world economic strategy is "Negative Rates," they want you to LOSE money on anything you don't spend or risk. While the current American Government course seems to be low taxes high spending, at least spending on beneficial things rather than the graft and political crony payoffs Obama threw TRILLIONS of dollars at.

But it's an economic strategy that failed when first developed in the 1930's, they just didn't understand yet that it was a failure and the myth grew up that it worked. So instead of thinking that if some was good maybe more would be even better they need to recognize that it was bad then and even worse now, such as a bad drug reaction gets worse as you up the dosage. But government only cares about its' own plans, it doesn't care about the results. Unlike Wall Street, for you silly detractors.

I just wish I could make a prediction. Just because unemployment has been falling in recent months doesn't mean everything is okay. Just because the captain tells everyone to move to the higher side of the ship against the list doesn't mean it's not taking water anymore. (That was an actual case a few years back, the ship did sink.)

[youtube]tKT-eWMWXOE[/youtube]

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/heres-investors-nervous-stocks-right-now-171447766.html

And wasn't I just talking about a stock market crash?

Dang, didn't think I'd predict it to the exact day. :roll:

Oh, looks like the selloff actually started Friday. I was late by 2 days, shucks. Oh well, I guess I'll be watching this one.

Let's find a dow short etf and see how well it performs over this crash.

SDOW (Triple short DOW)

sc

This crash might feature a "reverse direction" where it climbs back up some 5-10% and then soon resumes its free fall. That might be a good time to short the DOW.

If that's true... I could potentially get my money into the market in time.

I'm going to try opening an account now.

I'm going to pretend to buy this stock now.

And then I'm going to see if I can attempt to buy it after it rebounds before continuing its plummet, if it does something like that. Hopefully I'll have money in my trading account at that time.

Looking at historical charts, looks like the last time the market crashed in 2007-2009, looks like it took a full 1.5 years from peak to trough.

That's a long time for a short ETF.

Fees diminish the returns quickly.

So, I don't really know how to play this one well other than to invest shortly after it bottoms out. And it looks like it might take up 1.5-2 years to bottom out.

I'm looking at Oct 2006 - Oct 2009 at https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EDJI/chart?p=%5EDJI#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%3D .

Good to note for future reference, robinhood is a free trading platform.

https://signup.robinhood.com/

They make money primarily by lending money out to traders via "trading on margin".

Might also be easier to sign up to. Ally/Tradeking requires faxing in bankstatements and photo ID. And they didn't let me sign up the last time I tried 3 years ago.

Anyway, saw what appeared to be a fruit truck vendor driving down the mainroad, operated by a mexican.

Oh, isn't that interesting?

I thought what this place was missing was fruit for sale. And then I see this large white cargo truck selling fruit out of the back on the main road, lol.

Anyway, on the topic of "true love".

"True love" forms off of "true friends".

I think most anybody has true friends among males and females. You just gotta find 'em.

It's true, with the true friend I had back at DTP, I was also attracted to his voice I just didn't really realize it at the time. But, that really seems to be the common factor among all these "true friends" and "true love" relationships. You emotionally resonate and attracted to their voice.

And my friend at DTP also had that same kind of "derpy voice" when he was being cute. Sort of endearingly obnoxious.

He was regarded as a loser, I guess.

And the HEB chick sure seemed to think she was one.

I get the sense that lots of husbands are "begging" their wife for sex...

what the f...

I don't know if the HEB chick was just a whore or something...

But, the submission fantasy played out well with her.

I wasn't begging her, I was imposing myself on her in a "submission fantasy" kind of way("Ravish me"), and that was going places.

I take it husbands aren't grabbing their women and boldly pinning them against the wall and planting them a passionate kiss, and progress more as the resistance melts away?

Because that's what it was like with the HEB chick, persisted with my advances and the resistance gave way. And that's the way it's always been. Resistance fades as you persist.

swbluto said:
Because that's what it was like with the HEB chick, persisted with my advances and the resistance gave way. And that's the way it's always been. Resistance fades as you persist.

Yeah, the NAZI's said things like that. You bomb a city once and it remains a city. Bomb it many times and resistance is futile.

swbluto said:
And wasn't I just talking about a stock market crash?

You know what they say. The stock market has predicted 12 of the last 3 recessions.

swbluto said:
Anyway, saw what appeared to be a fruit truck vendor driving down the mainroad, operated by a mexican.

Oh, isn't that interesting?

I thought what this place was missing was fruit for sale. And then I see this large white cargo truck selling fruit out of the back on the main road, lol.

Er, DO keep us informed. But then you will even if we DON'T care.

swbluto said:
I get the sense that lots of husbands are "begging" their wife for sex...

Yeah, we hear the stand up comics all the time.

swbluto said:
Had a dream. Met this chick, made her fall in love, and then she was no where to be seen.

Yeah, you also dreamed that the rich people lived in a trailerpark and were thus too good for you. Haven't you seen enough in your dreams to to realize they're not real?

So I had the dream that someone was giving me a new shirt like one I have that is worn out and I shouldn't bother wearing anymore. I'm wondering if this some subconscious suggestion that I'm waiting for something that'll make things like they were before when it was going better. THAT is the kind of thing your dreams are trying to tell you.

Robinhood is definitely easier to sign upto. None of that "photo ID and bank statements faxed in" BS. And the questions are kept to a bare minimum, as required by law.

But it does require an android or apple device.

I think this thing is going down.

Someone said "blame the machines" implying a transient phenomenon, but whatever you blame... doesn't matter.

Fear doesn't go away. If anything, it snowballs as fear begets more fear as fear drives selling thus crashing thus more fear ad nauseum.

ASAP is the best time to short this market. Looks like it just retreated from its trough, suggesting now is the best time to enter.

And looks like I'm going to have to wait 5 days. -_-

Typically the decline takes at least a month, so I should have plenty of slide left.

Locking in my pretend buy at 20.08 SDOW.

I think probably the best way to gauge the direction of the market is the fear index.

When fear is low and especially if optimism is high, markets tend to go up.
When fear is high and pessimism sets in, markets go down.

It'd be nice to measure fear somehow.

While the markets were frothy, I did not trust them one iota, driven largely by QE money (Which now that spiggot has stopped.).

I would only invest in the market after it completely crashes, then I'd ride it out to the next crash.

I did not have that opportunity during the last crash because, well... didn't exactly that much money back during my college years. So this is the first real crash I can plausibly participate in.

--------------

One of the good things about a psychopath is the ability to read fear exceptionally well.

The psychopath known as the HEB chick could tell I didn't have any, just as I could tell she didn't either. [let's count her psychopathic traits... narcissistic, charm, manipulative, many masks, confidence, fearless. And, with what she was doing at the time, trolling trying to cause sexual frustration, I'd say she was arguably harmful.]

She actually did have a little bit of fear after I made my move. I did something she didn't really anticipate and she felt like I couldn't be predicted. But, she loved how it was arousing her so.

Psychopath fearless dominance, one of google's suggestions.

I'd say that characterized the HEB chick situation, fearless dominance. And she enjoyed that submission fantasy.

Lilienfeld and his colleagues (2012) suggest that an essential component of psychopathy is the quality they call fearless dominance, a tendency toward boldness that includes such traits as a desire to dominate social situations, charm, willingness to take physical risks, and an immunity to feelings of anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back