Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually just load up on supplies all at one time so I don't have to order as frequently but with my cash position as close to 0 as it is, I've realized I don't really have the luxury of making large purchases. If there wasn't an 8 day delay between the time customers make payment and the funds hitting my account, it'd be a lot easier, but in the mean time, I have to pay upfront for supplies/shipping/manufacture before I receive the funds for it, so I potentially risk running into "cashflow" problems. (Where, even though my net profit for the month might be pretty positive, my cash position can never operate below negative and it ever gets close to 0, operations might just halt immediately, thereby risking completely stopping all cashflow as the operation gets shutdown, either through refunds and/or the platform shutting me down.). Oh well, it's a good-skill/habit to have, I guess. That is, "running a lean supply chain". If my cash position was a bit higher, I could order larger quantities of supplies at will, but the sheer cost of Christmas (Shipping wasn't a negligible cost like it usually is when 100 shipments need to be made in a week) and the moving costs (Especially the large unexpected expenses) wiped me out.

Eh-heh, just complaining about not being comfortably above 0 like I'm used to, lol. (I'm at a relatively 'high position' now, but I see that being quickly wiped out with the impending expenses. I was recently nearing 90 with this last week's expenses, so I realize now I shouldn't get too comfortable when I see the peak cash positions right after being paid. In the meantime, minimize all expenses where possible.)

I'm just saying that in light of getting $100 in orders today. It's great seeing my new efforts paying off, but the upfronting of supply&shipping costs is straining my cashflow and affecting my purchasing habits at my current not-far-enough-away-from-0 cash position. Well, that, and the fact I need to make a durable goods purchase of $70 for the wheelbarrow and tamper. Getting a dump truck load of chert might be further down the road, like, probably not in a week. Maybe 2 or 3. Oh well, I guess this experience is making me /hungry/, which is good to have. It's good to have hunger. Hunger leads to action. And action leads to results.

Anyway, I think it'd be nice if I could "argue the facts" before I get a citation, possibly leading to charges and jailtime after the court case happens. The fact you have to "argue the facts" after the citation, which leads to risking charges/jailtime tends to compel one to act based on fear rather than /the facts/. Which sucks. It shouldn't be setup like that. Like, ideally, you'd have cops that knew "The facts" to begin with, and not pretending/thinking they do (Or at least, acting like they do. Perhaps they're lying...). The fact cops get off scotch free when it turns out their assumptions/beliefs are false, whereas you're risking everything when they cite you, is utter BS. There needs to be some kind of counterbalance or otherwise they will tend to act impulsively/liberally (I.e., abusing of their authority.). Maybe that's why the justice system in America is so bad compared to the western nations, cops have no skin in the game, like their hapless victims do. That is, there should be some kind of built-in deterrent to reckless citations.

Anyway, a gallon of gas produces 5600wh of electricity in this honda generator of mine, at least at 40% load. It might be more at a higher load, due to probable higher engine temperatures. Anyway, that's 1 gallon/5.6kwh, and a gallon of gas is about $2.10 here, so it's 2.1/5.6 = $.375/kwh. Power line costs are typically 10cents/kwh in this area, so I'm paying 4x the local rate. So, I'm paying about $.18-$.25 per product in energy costs. Meh, that's relatively negligible. It'd be nicer if it was FREE like it was before, but lol, can't have everything. It definitely shows up in my account, though, when I have to fill the 15 gallon of gas tanks I have - About $25-30 per fillup. At the current rate, a fillup every 1.5 weeks. About $60-70/month. Just buy enough solar panels and watch that cost go down to $20/month during the non-winter months. If I had enough battery capacity, I could make it go down even further. But, at the current rate of savings (And assuming little to no expenses in the meantime, which I know is lol'able.), it'd take roughly 5 months to buy enough solar power to reach that figure.

DAND214 said:
From being broke to a Citation and now we are talking about energy costs?
Did you get Cited? Was it for parking in the middle of the road? That will piss of somebody.

He was threatening citation if I stayed there, but he let me off with a warning. ("Now I'm going to come back to check", lol.)

[btw, I don't think "pissing someone off" on by blocking a defunct effectively dead-end road is grounds for 6 months in jail, which is what the cop was essentially threatening. I didn't realize what class B misdemeanor meant until I looked it up online, and it's not pretty. Criminal charges... for what is definitely not a criminal intent. I'm just trying to setup my property, lol.

I believe it would piss off someone if someone actually used the road. The road had three major roadblocks in each possible direction (Giant trees had fallen in all three directions, plus a parked bus at one end, a deep ravine in another road, and major impassable sinkholes in the last road. Impassable as in, no one would attempt it unless they didn't feel like they had any choice.), so it was effectively a deadend. Only one resident in my entire month there actually came across me, and it was because a tree had fallen on his road (Had he known about the conditions of the road he intended to drive down, he definitely wouldn't have done it; blocked by a major ravine right through the road and two large fallen trees.); it seems like cops and undercover agents were coming across me more than residents, lol. The only people that really had a problem with me were cops, lol. (The idea of not being able to park right next to my property without risking citation seems absurd. I guess I'm too used to multi-lane roads and roads with shoulders.)

Eh, well, this national forest is nice. A bit swampy here, it seems. It might explain all these tropical ferns I see in this forest, which seem to be more common here than in my forest. I'm starting to think that one fern I saw in my forest was actually native, which is interesting, because it's the only one of its kind in that forest (That I've seen, and I've seen much of the woods in my area, yes.), apparently. I'm starting to think my property is 'very nice' because it's not all that swampy compared to this here national forest. I guess mud is just a reality in these parts.

Anyway, looks like I"ll have the equipment tomorrow and I'll get started working Friday (First day of little to no rain this week). Dedicating all of the working hours of friday to clearing out trees and digging out roots for the intended driveway. And, tomorrow, when I go grocery shopping + picking up the equipment + mailing off deliveries - I need to remember to pick up food that can be consumed at the worksite in my van. (I.e., won't have a stove, so I need something like rice cakes and some kind of fatty spread, possibly peanut butter.)

Well... actually... I could run my 1000 watt generator to power my 900w stove. Still, it doesn't feel like the ideal environment for measuring out water, serving sizes, putting a stove somewhere where it won't spill, waiting on cooking, etc.j

hmmm.... you know.... I'm starting to piece together the puzzle pieces. So the cop is coming around this corner, right? I'm thinking he's intending on going down a road or something [it'd be nice if he told me]. What's at the end of that road? A defunct bus that was purposefully put there on jacks. Now... what's at the entrance of that road that has the defunct bus on it? The mexican stronghold guy. Okay, so I'm thinking that mexican stronghold guy is stealing vehicles like I'm suspecting and doing some kind of crimes, and he placed the bus there to specifically block off cops from entering that area and chasing him. So, yep, I think I know where the criminal in this area lives, lol. It was mere suspicion based on the way his property looked and the unusualness of having 10 different vehicles on his property, but I've seen two incidences of cops in this neighborhood that guy is possibly connected to, one of them cops stating they're looking for a stolen yellow motorcycle... and I already suspected he stole vehicles for a living... and another guy giving chase... and that chase probably/possibly ending at that parked bus that blocked the intersection... yep.... the puzzle pieces just keep on coming together. And that's the household I keep hearing gunfire coming from... even more puzzle pieces coming together... I wonder if I need to tip off the cops with my neighborhood insights or something.

At least he's a mere vehicle thief. It's the house burglary guys and indiscriminate serial killers that concern me. (I'm not really worried about being randomly murdered here since 90+% of murders are between people that are related/have-a-relationship in one way or another, and murder is pretty rare in the USA. The house burglars... there's a good chance one or two might exist in this neighborhood...)

I admit I'm lacking proof and the evidence is only loosely connected, but my spidey senses are tingling.

So 6 months, Wow! Maybe it would be that he was saying, that you better move or I'll consider you an accomplice to YOUR thoughts.

As for parking on the shoulder of a 4 lane road, I don't think it would fly there either.

I sure hope you get that driveway done and can get into your property. I sure hope you are at the correct address since there aren't any.

Dan

DAND214 said:
So 6 months, Wow! Maybe it would be that he was saying, that you better move or I'll consider you an accomplice to YOUR thoughts.

As for parking on the shoulder of a 4 lane road, I don't think it would fly there either.

I sure hope you get that driveway done and can get into your property. I sure hope you are at the correct address since there aren't any.

Dan

People parked their RVs on the side of the road in front of their property all the time where I used to live. I didn't think Texas would be much different, but I guess that depends on which part of Texas. Apparently you're in some HOA neighborhood where the county refuses to own the roads there and county rules don't apply since their not county roads, and they /obviously/ have never maintained these roads, all of sudden, you're subject to these "state highway" laws according to the cops. What the heck? I'm thinking this cop doesn't really know his jurisdiction (a publicly accessible road is not necessarily a public owned road; just because the HOA leaves the gate open doesn't mean the city owns the roads there.). Now if he wanted to charge me with "Obstructing an investigation" by refusing to move after he tells he's trying to investigate the area, that's a different animal, but still not a 'road law'. But, arguing this with the cop who has nothing to lose by giving you a citation is kind of pointless; they will use fear of jail like the bullies they are to get their way. And I get a fairly strong feeling that arguing with the cop will only increase his aggression in citing you, as if "Bet me, here's the court date. Let's find out.", lol

I'm just wondering if I can get something from the road & traffic department that would help my case. Like a written statement from whomever is in charge, "This road is not a public owned road". I don't know who would write something like that, and I'd rather not get those facts settled for good AFTER the court date has been arranged, but it just seems like I should have some way of letting the police know that county road laws don't apply here.

Well... interesting case law (Florida anyway)

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Opinions/7F5C21166CECACAB852565840060DA49

If, however, the public in general is permitted to commonly use these privately owned and maintained roads and is given ready access to this development and thereby acquired a right to travel by motor vehicle on the roads therein, then the right of the motoring public may well be established and the municipal police department would be authorized pursuant to s. 316.640(3)(a) to enforce the provisions of Ch. 316 on such roads.

So, if it's publicly accessible, apparently the cops can treat it just like any other road in the county in regards to law enforcement [Bummer for me]. I don't know what the equivalent Texas laws are, but I'd imagine they'd probably be similar - Texas and Florida are pretty similar in a few important ways. So, the county can completely disown and neglect the roads, but enforce the road laws regardless. That's a bit unfair, taxation without representation. Taxing me with their laws, without representing my tax monies in the form of maintaining the private roads. (They /do/ maintain the main road, so /I guess/ the county has effectively subsumed ownership of the main avenue. They clearly demarcate where the HOA begins, a dramatic change in road surfaces, from paved county roads to a dirt road.)

The police can cite on the HOA road IF there's an HOA agreement. Such as you have a 'No Parking' sign on private property and the police can enforce it. Just something you can look into. So much that goes on is 'With the consent of the victim.' If you go along with it, it happens to you. Which is what the Franz Kafka novel 'The Trial' is all about. Nothing happened to the guy as he resisted and even ridiculed his prosecutors. Then he got nervous and started cooperating. . . .

https://www.treepeople.org/sites/default/files/pdf/resources/How-to%20get%20a%20cistern.pdf

http://www.rainharvest.com/water-tanks-plastic/in-ground-cisterns.asp

Keep in mind where there is water collection, there must be water processing. I don't know if this is enough or what.

http://www.rainharvest.com/filtration.asp

constructed_cistern_illus.gif
0825cd668d495ab019d725d473733a5b.gif

Oh, that's probably worded into my HOA agreement I got a copy of. Doh, I think I remember seeing those provisions but I'm not sure. Will investigate later and possibly consult a lawyer. Not really sure what kind of lawyer I'd be looking for legal answers. Maybe I should be contacting the local road/bridge department... cheaper and probably better answers...

Anyway, a backup 'plan' is coming to fruition. Yep, I see it. Cross the ravine with a makeshift bridge, hole myself up, down a tree down the road to prevent their possible approach. No piggies should be bothering me for a long time. Then when I'm ready to leave, chop down the offending trees blocking the road. Now I just need to figure out what this bridge will take to ensure my van won't immediately break through. I'm not sure if plywood will suffice...

That's the "last ditch" plan. I'm just going to park by the side of the ride down the way and really hope the police don't threaten me with some BS in our next encounter. If they do, then I'll leave for a week or two, then hatch the "last ditch" plan.

The hope is that with "The last ditch" plan, I can't be even charged with blocking the road if there's a major ravine on one side and two large downed trees on the other. But, seeing that they would probably see through my intent, they'd probably do it anyway in spite. (And, when I down the tree, I have to use "apply a little force/leverage" methods as opposed to axing it, so that I can't be implicated in downing it should it ever get there. If police see that it was chopped down, they might just launch an undesired investigation...)

[It's not just that... if they sense you're 'hiding' from them, they /want/ to punish you when they find you and they'll try to find something that'll make your life miserable.]

The last ditch plan just sounds like "Branch Davidian" action at its finest! lol. Hopefully, I should have my driveway done by then, one way or another. [I see I'm only 200 miles away from the site, too. Interesting.]

Anyway, found out the best area for the cellphone for internet is right next to the window. Apparently radio waves go through clear glass as easily as light does. Now I can watch youtube videos in the national forest here, yay! [More importantly, I can expand my business, but I want to take it slow right now since orders have been outpacing my ability to produce.]

You know... I'm wondering... if it's possible to make someone's poop not stink.

Because, I know bacteria is what causes stench to begin with. My classmate back in restriction tried to tell me that my farts stunk because I was eating spinach and it was rotting inside my colon, but I thought that was not really informed; bacteria causes the stench, and it's bacteria that causes the veggies to rot. And, it's not just veggies that grows bacteria (On a whole, they aren't the biggest culprit), it's sugars and carbs mainly, I think. Well, anything that's not 'fresh' anyway.

So, I'm just thinking... if someone never ate any sugar at all (Like from fruit)... and possibly didn't eat carbs (Assuming they got their vital nutrients from spinach/eggs/cheese/etc.)... and they regularly took antibiotics (Like salt, lemons, limes, vinegar, garlic, etc.)... if... eventually... their poop would not stink as much if at all. It'd be like rabbit poop, not smelly at all. Just eat veggies all day, like a rabbit. Or like these vietnamese people down in Houston's chinatown, lol [Amazing seeing all the old vietnamese people here... I'm wondering if that's because they eat ALL THE VEGGIES or because houston got flooded with young vietnamese people around the 60s/70s.].

Anyway, it just seems like the stench of ones poop would be a proxy for how much bacteria is in your digestive tract. And... based on my understanding of my dad's diet (He's a heavy carb eater, clearly seen in his excess body fat.) and the affect he has on the bathroom in terms of lasting stench... my suspicions are aroused.

Anyway... talking about milk sugars....

I believe that's....

lactose
galactose
sucrose

All three are nasty when it comes to growing bad bacterial populations [bacterial metabolism of the first two is described at http://jb.asm.org/content/192/9/2434.full ]. To get rid of the sugars, it's wise to ferment the milk with innocuous bacteria. This often takes the form of... sour cream, cheese, yogurt, etc. [since we're talking about sugars here, I'm not suggesting sugar-filled yoplait yogurt, lol. I'm suggesting sour yogurt; if it's sweet at all, it's wrong, lol.]

Oh... wow... didn't really read the paper but did now. This caught my eye...

To better understand the metabolism of lactose and galactose by Streptococcus mutans, the major etiological agent of human tooth decay, a genetic analysis of the tagatose-6-phosphate (lac) and Leloir (gal) pathways was performed in strain UA159

Suggests that milk and unfermented milk products (butter) are one major cause of tooth decay. The other, I'm guessing, is sucrose(and fructose) since it seems like all bacteria ferments sucrose and fructose. Isn't that a coincidence? I effectively stopped drinking milk when I stopped eating cereal (I stopped eating it because it had a definite, significant affect on my BP and I was trying to figure out how to keep BP down for the military testing.) and I've never had tooth decay since. Even my dentist commented how remarkable my teeth were, lol.

Lactose is rapidly fermented by streptococci, including the cariogenic oral bacterium Streptococcus mutans (21), as well as by a variety of industrially important lactic acid bacteria (LAB)

This is interesting. Maybe this is why unfermented dairy seems to contribute to pimples/arthersclerosis. It helps the bacterial hordes kill our most valient white blood cells in the ongoing battle of life, lol.

I told people that cereal/sugar consumption causes my blood pressure to increase by 20+ points... and the doctors laughed me off telling me it was impossible... but aha... they just didn't know what I know now. Sugar/lactose/etc. increases bacterial populations which itself causes a spiking in BP. I don't know how the bacteria growth spike is causing a BP spike, but it most definitely is. I know the bacteria initiates an immune response, so somehow that causes BP to increase... I'm guessing the immune response causes the release of vasoconstrictive agents somehow... needs more research to fill in the gaps.

Well, wikipedia just answered my question. The answer is cortisol; it tempers the immune response to prevent immune overactivity, while at the same time, causes an increase in blood pressure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortisol#Immune_response

Immune response[edit]
Cortisol prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. It is used to treat conditions resulting from over activity of the B-cell-mediated antibody response. Examples include inflammatory and rheumatoid diseases, as well as allergies. Low-potency hydrocortisone, available as a nonprescription medicine in some countries, is used to treat skin problems such as rashes and eczema.

It inhibits production of interleukin (IL)-12, interferon (IFN)-gamma, IFN-alpha, and tumor-necrosis-factor (TNF)-alpha by antigen-presenting cells (APCs) and T helper (Th)1 cells, but upregulates IL-4, IL-10, and IL-13 by Th2 cells. This results in a shift toward a Th2 immune response rather than general immunosuppression. The activation of the stress system (and resulting increase in cortisol and Th2 shift) seen during an infection is believed to be a protective mechanism which prevents an over activation of the inflammatory response.[8]

Well, well, well. Figuring out life's mysteries one by one. Sugar/lactose -> Bacteria -> immune response (Antibodies rush to the frontlines(of the gut lining, primarily?)) -> cortisol released to regulate the immune response -> increased blood pressure.

That in short explains the relationship between sugar/lactose consumption and blood pressure spikes.

The accumulation of white blood cells in the vessels causes arthersclerosis leading to permanent increases in blood pressure (Common trend in western nations; probably because they drink milk and love sugars in all their forms.). Aha, my intuition was right; I intuited that these blood pressure spikes were somehow the cause of increasing blood pressure over time that's common in western nations, and it looks like I was right, I just didn't know what the association between the two was. And sugar/lactose/bacteria/white-blood cells/arthersclerosis is the explanation. Exploding bacteria populations causes the blood pressure spikes (Killing a few white blood cells in the process), and the accumulating dead bodies of white blood cells past lining our blood vessels is the cause of artherscelrosis and the permanent increases in blood pressure overtime. (I.e., elderly western nation person with a BP of 180/110)

[youtube]Nwo-xezj7Ts[/youtube]

Holy crap, they made this song too? WOW! Amazing, I've never seen a band where I've totally loved more than two songs of theirs. The fact this is the fourth one I've found that I've long loved tells me that... omg... this band is my favorite band! And, I thought I never had one of those.... lol.

Well, a bandname like "Sixpence none the richer" does suggest we're of like mind, so can only be too predicted.

Okay, totally figured out how to make my business lawyer proof while still generating significant customer traffic. Well, at least, how to significantly decrease the risks. Will implement later and get the new listings onboard after I get the redesigns done today.

Beware large orders coming from washington DC. (small town virginia address is the giveaway)

I've been experiencing an unusual amount of suspicious high dollar refunds from this area. Like, claiming shipping damage when it's obvious there couldn't have been that much shipping damage, especially not of that nature. I looked further into the area, it has a 7.5% unemployment rate (Rather high in this economy) and it's in the top 3% in terms of murder rate. Beware of washington DC and the virginia addresses surrounding it, bunch of frauds, thieves and murderers here.

It's personally not /that/ consequential when these people take advantage of 'the system' in my little world, but it's pretty frustrating seeing how fraudulent and brazen these people are. Desperation in the area, it seems.

There is a lot of research being done on the effects of sugar where I work.
https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/ucsf-launches-sugar-science-initiative

I think we're at a stage now that tobacco was in the 1960s. Companies that make their money selling sugar (for example: Coca Cola) have known about the dangers of their product but are actively trying to hide the facts.

Researchers here recommend limiting your intake of processed sugar to less than 40g per day. That's the amount in a single 12oz can of Coke. Add all the sugar that's hidden in other foods and it's nearly impossible to stay under 40g. Diet drinks seem to have almost the same effect as real sugar on the endocrine system, maybe worse.

Fruit is high in sugar. For countless millennia, people have occasionally eaten as much fruit as they could stand, all at one time. That's often how fruit shows up-- more than you can use, all at once. So clearly, we're equipped to deal with lots of sugar. We're just not necessarily equipped to do it as often as we do. And our bodies may be specifically adapted to store that surplus of sugar as fat, which was a good thing in antiquity but not so much in today's conditions.

The sugar "thing" may be simple when analyzed honestly. A friend of mine (patent attorney with MS in engineering) and I have been looking at this for 3 years or so now, trying to figure out his and my journey though prediabetes and perhaps diabetes.

I am convinced that I lost control in high school with sugared soda, and then in college with beer and high carb/junk foods. Once the damage was done in my 20's it's been a life time battle. If I knew what I know now, I likely could have averted a lot of damage, pain and impaired capability. One key thing from today genetic testing, was to learn that I have 12 damaged DNA threads that tend towards diabetes. So I have genetic flaws. My attorney buddy has the same 12 damaged DNA threads. Our journeys are almost mirror images, with him being 10 years younger. He is learning from my experience and is slowing the degradation.

That said, here is our developing theory on the sugar thing. We don't even need to look at high fructose corn syrup as plain table sugar is 50% fructose and 50% glucose. The glucose can go right into the blood stream and be dealt with by muscles and fat cells to remove it from circulation. But the fructose must go through a step in the liver. It is our belief that a statistical significant amount of the population ends up with the liver degrading from all that fructose. Some may refer to it as "fatty liver disease" etc. When I ponder my memory, all that carbonated soda came into the diet around 1967 to 69. That's when things really changed. My Dad loved Pepsi, and the stuff started coming into the house 2 cases of bottles at a time. It became a baseline drink and not a treat in that time frame. Also the bottles grew from 8 oz to 16 oz.

What we both have found is that intermittent fasting (like 24 hours from lunch to lunch) at least a day a week seems to revive the liver and make it more functional. Our glucose readings drop and HbA1c's become high normal.

I also think that the combination of high fructose loads and trans fats (that was the cigarette to my generation) will eventually be described at a toxic cocktail when the final report is in.

We have come up with a simple bottom line. Eat like your grandparents (if your in your late 50's or 60's) . That would be two decent meals a day, no snacks and a light breakfast of say a slice of toast and coffee. Keep the carbs way down, don't shy away from meat and saturated fats. Use olive oil as your fat of choice. Add intermittent fasting if you have markers for pre diabetes. Stay far away from binges. Like drinking a liter of sugared coke, or eating 30 pierogies with butter and onion, or eating 2 large pizzas all by yourself.

Balance is good, extremes are bad, plain old water is great! Of course all of us are different, and you may be quite the opposite. Learn your body, and your strengths and weaknesses. The worst advice was given to me by well meaning, but stupid doctors.

Chalo said:
So clearly, we're equipped to deal with lots of sugar. We're just not necessarily equipped to do it as often as we do.

It's a whole different world for the sugar in eating fruit or any whole food, as compared to processed sugar. Drives me nuts that they pour so much sugar into yogurt, which existed just fine for centuries before they insisted on doing that. Compare yogurt to your soda, your candy bars. . . .

fechter said:
Diet drinks seem to have almost the same effect as real sugar on the endocrine system, maybe worse.

Oh yes, the common sugar substitutes are easily metabolized by bacteria so I would expect a similar affect. The only 'sugar' I know that /isn't/ metabolized by (most) bacteria is glucose and double/triple compounds thereof (maltose and maltotriose). (Somehow, a certain rice bacteria can grow on left over rice... I'm not sure if it's growing on the rice or something in the other ingredients common with fried rice. It's peculiar, because it would suggest that particular bacteria can metabolize glucose and its compounds. Unless it's growing off of something else I don't know much about.)

I wish I could find the research paper I saw 2 years ago that showed this, but it's doubtful, lol. Maybe googling "bacteria ferment glucose xylose site:gov" would show up something...

lemme see...

Hmmmm.... well... it seems that bacteria /can/ ferment glucose? But maybe it's staphylcoccus that can't... (One of the major 'bad bacteria"; seems like there's a couple baddies out there, and staphylcoccus seems to be one of the most common. There's obviously others, like streptococcus as the cause of tooth decay.); seems like they ferment glucose lot less effectively than sucrose. Yes, this can inferred from the LDL charts based on glucose/sucrose/fructose consumption.

I wonder why. I'm guessing that fructose doesn't need oxygen to be effectively metabolized like glucose does. Fructose gets converted into triglycerides which seems to be 'burnt' in different ways in the body... like... non-aerobically or something... obviously need to do more research...

hese lead to the breakdown of triglycerides in a stepwise manner releasing a free fatty acid at each step, from a triglyceride to a diglyceride(by ATGL), then to a monoglyceride(by HSL) and finally to glycerol and a free fatty acid by monoacylglycerol lipase(MGL). The end products move out of the cell in different directions. The glycerol is taken to the liver for further breakdown or glucose synthesis. The free fatty acids are carried in the blood by albumin to cells that further break them down for energy by a process called beta oxidation.

Well, it seems that triglycerides get converted by a ton of different steps to eventually glucose/free-fatty-acids which both get oxidized to extract their energy. I'm guessing bacteria doesn't have that kind of capacity, lol.

Well, seems like bacteria ferments fructose via the...

Homoacetate fermentation can also be regarded as carbonate respiration

Seems like it takes the carbon from the fructose and produces acetate from it (The homoacetate fermentation part), which is the energy producing part. Don't really understand where the exact energy extraction happens at... somewhere around acetate production...

Fructose + CO2 -> acetate + energy

That does make me wonder if the digestive tract tends to lack in oxygen... if so... that'd suggest glycolosis wouldn't be effective there... and glucose wouldn't have much affect on bacteria there likewise.

Seems like oxygen is at 15-16% in the stomach and it goes down as you move further down the tract.

https://www.britannica.com/science/intestinal-gas

It doesn't make it very clear why much of the has been removed and CO2 as you move from the small intestine to the large intestinate. Would suggest that O2->CO2 processes are happening (Aerobic bacteria).

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/aerobic+bacteria
Aerobic Bacteria Bacteria that grow in the presence of O2, which are the most common causes of clinical infection.
Examples Myobacterium tuberculosis, Nocardia spp, Pseudomonas aeruginosa.

What about staphyloccocus?

Staphylococci are facultative anaerobes that grow by aerobic respiration or by fermentation that yields principally lactic acid.

Oh curious. So, can stapylococci use oxygen and glucose to grow its colonies and produces CO2 in the process? Seems suggested...

Well... doesn't seem like the answers are clearcut here. But, I do know that glucose doesn't affect LDL unlike sucrose/frucose. I assumed that it was because of the different affect on bacteria populations (glucose is much less effective at bacteria population growth than sucrose/fructose), but I guess glucose has some capacity to be used by some species of staphylococcus aerobically. Now I'm just looking for some hard comparisons between the three types of sugar on staphyloccocus growth rates/peak-populations, and see if this might explain the different affects on LDL by glucose/sucrose. Maybe it's just a fructose->liver->LDL thing essentially, little involvement by bacteria. But, my story just seems so consistent and it seems to have remarkable explanatory/predictive power. Like, a grand unified theory of mortal illness that explains a whole lot of medical phenomena that has no other good explanations just yet.

Chalo said:
Fruit is high in sugar. For countless millennia, people have occasionally eaten as much fruit as they could stand, all at one time. That's often how fruit shows up-- more than you can use, all at once. So clearly, we're equipped to deal with lots of sugar. We're just not necessarily equipped to do it as often as we do. And our bodies may be specifically adapted to store that surplus of sugar as fat, which was a good thing in antiquity but not so much in today's conditions.

I wondered about that. If you were walking through the woods and saw a banana plant with 60 bananas growing on it, would you just gulp down the 60 bananas as they became ripe or would you... you know... share them with the tribe? It's a curious question, because almost no one lived in isolation in prehistoric times. A bit too dangerous with competing tribes everywhere. I can easily seeing it being like, everybody has their lucky day where they find "The big one", and they share it with the tribe/family/etc. and overtime, everybody gets something to eat almost everyday (Albeit, probably not as much as modern portions.). However, like bigmoose insights suggest, there's that "Unlucky day" (24 hour fast) at least once or twice a week. I suspect that fasting has positive affects because of the starvation of the intestine's bacterial populations (I would think with their short lifespans, a fast potentially could cause bacteria genocide and "reset" the digestive system.). But, maybe it's really a simple matter of reducing the weekly average carb load by 14% (1 day/7days = 14%) has a subsequent 14% reduction on A1C levels.

Anyway, I definitely support the embracing of protein/fat consumption. I also put emphasis on "clean" protein/fat consumption, not the types of protein/fat that have 'bad sugars' included in them. Seems like dark meat has some kind of sugar that grows the bad bacterial populations especially. It might be why dark meat is a little bit tastier, too. Or, maybe it's just like regular sugar, and no discrimination between bad/good bacterial growth. I do know that banana particularly favor the growth of a specific bacterial population, and I'd imagine other foods could have a similar affect (The growth of certain bacterial populations, the sugars in red meat might favor the more virulent bacteria. Same with milk sugars.)

Okay, don't mean to change the convo, but ... this well mowed and seemingly solid area that I parked my RV on. Yeah, it's pretty solid even with it being sopping wet with 5 days of constant rainfall, but apparently the forest service missed a few spots! My left front wheel found one of them and sank right to the bottom, about 1.5 feet down and it refused to move. Oh man, another call to the tow truck guys. Those guys have been a regular fixture ever since moving here, lol, I'm starting to think I /hate/ this place. (Nah, just joking, I'm obviously learning to be a hell of a lot more careful when deciding where to drive and not to blindly trust the forest service.)

$100 less for me to commit to a driveway. By some miracle, my balance is still hovering above $100 and looks like it should stay that way until my next paycheck about 5 days from now, WOOHOO, so it's clear I'm slowly but surely accumulating savings - a necessary component to doing things like buying the soil/mats necessary for constructing a driveway. Staying above the $100 mark in savings is like a defining achievement in recent times. (And, a pretty essential one IMO since that's how much is costs to get towed! And, not paying the tow guy isn't really an option - they'll take your vehicle if you can't pay, not really an option for me. I'm starting to think purchasing a solid winch when I can afford one might be a worthwhile investment here...). 2 weeks from now, I might have enough in savings to get the driveway soil going. (And, the >$100 is after I bought the wheelbarrow/tamper today at home depot for $65 total.)

I'm cursing under my breath at that cop. He's costing me in so many more ways than simply increased gas costs. Towing costs, egads. But, maybe it's been a positive experience overall - for sure, it'll definitely increase my focus on using my time as productively as possible with each workday meaning more gas $$. Whereas, when each day I wasn't active on the property wasn't really costing me $$, I was less motivated to focus on the property. Well, at least less focused - usually worked for an hour, then called it a day, lol.

Story time!

Friend of mine builds a house. Need to cut down a forest so he has a place to put the septic system. I am hired to cut down all the trees. Payment will be firewood. I thought I could go into the firewood business :?

Hire one temporary guy and one regular guy. There is 3 of us. Rent a log splitter. I own 2 chainsaws. Using my van to move the wood around. Its time to go home. Van is way out in the woods. Idea? Leave the van where it it is and go home in the car, will continue the next day. That night it rained. Next day van is stuck in the mud. Rent a giant come-along. Tie chains to a big tree. Start pulling van out of the mud. Every time the come-along goes click the van moves one inch. Calculate the number of inches from where the van is stuck to the road. Calculate the time needed to pull the van to the road. Give up after a few inches. Call a tow truck. Tow truck drives into the woods and gets stuck. Ask tow truck driver "Now what are you going to do?" He says we got a bigger tow truck and if that tow truck gets stuck we got a BIGGER tow truck. Big tow truck comes and pulls out the little tow truck, and my van. Some one took my chain :(

Trade the rental guy all the firewood for the cost of the log splitter and giant come-along. I am no longer in the firewood business.

By the time house is completed the town puts sewer in the street. Septic no longer needed. Friend plants new trees in the area where I cut down old trees.

Another friend of mine is a police man. I noticed he was hurt. I asked what happened? He said that someone decided to fight with the police. His advise was to never fight with the police because the police always win. NO PARKING in the middle of a street. Does it cost money to stay at national forest? Are there showers? Can you live at a Walmart parking lot?
http://www.walmartlocator.com/rv-parking-at-walmart/
$100 in savings? Forget about driveway building. Will you be getting property tax bills?

You need more income. Want to buy a staple company?
Staples and The Story Of My Life
Sold the boat load of staples. I have no more staples for sale.

marty said:
...You need more income. Want to buy a staple company?
Staples and The Story Of My Life
Sold the boat load of staples. I have no more staples for sale.
Marty, I remember when you started. You got to fill us in on how it went. How many boxes did you have to buy at a time? Why are you stopping? Was it shipping that hindered? Fill us in!

The timings of my savings/income at this point is looking peachy, assuming no sudden large unexpected expenses. (Like, towing... vehicle breaks down somewhere really inconvenient... etc.) I'll be able to build a driveway, though I might be asking for a small shorterm loan shortly after I get the prep work finished (Building up the height of the driveway using the sandy subsoil from another part of the property.). I think the chert delivery should only be $200-$250 total, so that'd be a small potatoes loan. Right now, I think I'm waiting for the local water table to go down so I can feel more secure in pulling out the RV. (The driveway is important... because... it's only the step I need to complete to make my property my home, lol.)

Anyway, just had some of that 'smart balance' peanut butter. I noticed ALL of the peanut butters used some kind of oil (usually palm), and the smart balance PB was the /only/ one that used flaxseed oil. I've never seen anything good about non-virgin oil in the research papers (I.e., all this palm oil in all the peanut butters), but I've seen some very compelling research on flaxseed oil. There was only /one/ back-to-basics organic peanut butter there, but I thought the smart balance was more attractive because if was 10% cheaper and it used flaxseed oil. (Better off consuming flaxseed oil than not, not necessarily true of the other non-virgin oils.)

Well, I felt almost instantly better from this morning after eating that peanut butter. I still don't feel 100% right today, but loads better. I was eating the brown rice cakes earlier, no affect on this morning's wellbeing. In fact, it felt like my body didn't really want to eat the rice cakes this morning for some reason.

I was at the property today, was missing the loppers, so I headed back and instituted an equipment checklist for the next time I go out. I was missing gloves and loppers, two mighty important pieces of equipment. (The thinner trees are not really effectively cut by the axe; they sway too easily. And, the thinner trees block an effective angle of approach for chopping down the larger trees.). I was also missing water this morning (ran out of water), so didn't have cocoa until I got back. Saw my neighbors hanging on the back porch, they didn't look particularly bothered by me passing by and they clearly saw me. So... it's very possible they didn't call the cops on me, and they just happened to take a walk at roughly the same time the cops were searching the neighborhood for a yellow motorcycle for the same reason: It was a nice sunny afternoon. So, no neighborly grudges at the moment, here.

Anyway, saw some woodpecker pecking at the top of a dead tree. Oh, that's cool. When's the last time I saw a woodpecker? Like never, lol. Maybe when I was little.

Also, found out that it seemed like the small towns here were crawling with police precisely because there's one police guy patrolling that small town's only main road, lol. So, almost everytime I go through a small town, I see a police guy.

Okay, upgrading my understanding of bacterial fermentation.

Heterotrophic bacteria often use carbohydrates as energy sources. Many bacteria use glucose, a monosaccharide or simple sugar, because many bacteria possess the enzymes required for the degradation and oxidation of this sugar. Fewer bacteria are able to use complex carbohydrates like disaccharides (lactose or sucrose) or polysaccharides (starch). Disaccharides and polysaccharides are simple sugars that are linked by glycosidic bonds; bacteria must produce enzymes to cleave these bonds such that the simple sugars that result can be transported into the cell. If the bacteria cannot produce these enzymes then the complex carbohydrate is not used. For example, lactose is a disaccharide consisting of monomeric glucose and monomeric galactose linked by a glycosidic bond. Bacteria that use lactose must first produce the enzyme lactase (beta-galactosidase) to break the glycosidic bond between these monomers. Starch is a large polysaccharide consisting of long chains of monomeric glucose linked by glycosidic bonds. Bacteria that use starch produce an exoenzyme, alpha amylase, that break these bonds such that free monomeric glucose is produced.

Oh, I guess it's glucose polysaccharides that are not really fermented well by bacteria (Essentially starch, like rice, wheat,etc.), not glucose directly. And, it's certain bacteria that have this capacity, like whatever that particular rice bacteria is (Bacillus cereus). Hmmm... I'm thinking that Fructose->Liver->LDL is the actual reason for LDL. And, Sucrose->Fructose->Liver->LDL. (Since sucrose is a combination of fructose and glucose) So, both fructose and sucrose causes increased LDL, whereas glucose does not.

However, my point that glucose polysaccharides(starches) don't significantly increase bacteria population like the "sweet stuff" does(glucose,sucrose,fructose) remains valid. And, let me see where sucrose gets broken down exactly... it appears it gets broken down in the small intenstine through hydrolysis.

Sucrose digestion does not begin until the sugar reaches the small intestine. Your body cannot absorb polysaccharides as is, so it must first break sucrose down into its component parts. Through a process called hydrolysis, water assists in severing the glycosidic bond to separate the glucose and fructose molecules; one molecule of water is needed for each molecule of sucrose. However, this reaction naturally occurs very slowly. The presence of sucrase, an enzyme in the small intestine, accelerates this reaction.

Now the question is, does this happen before the gut lining or after it? Because before the gut lining is where all the intestinal bacteria mostly is. If it happens before the gut lining, than one molecule of sucrose would get broken down into one molecule of glucose and one molecule fructose which both gets readily utilized by bacteria to grow. Essentially, one molecule of sucrose is "twice" as bad as a single molecule of fructose in this respect. How does one gram of sugar compare to one gram of fructose? Essentially the same number of 'basic molecules"? (Basic molecules being fructose and glucose) I suspect so... but don't have proof.

Where does starch get broken down?

Carbohydrates are digested in the mouth, stomach and small intestine. Carbohydrase enzymes break down starch into sugars. The saliva in your mouth contains amylase, which is another starch digesting enzyme.

So, the starch->glucose conversion happens before the gut lining as well. That would suggest that starch effectively grows intestinal bacteria populations just as would glucose and sucrose, since it provides glucose to the bacteria before it gets absorbed by the body. But... where it /mostly/ gets broken down... now that might be the key defining difference. Because if it mostly gets broken down after the mouth (like, say, in the small intestine), it doesn't increase bacterial population in the mouth as readily as fructose/glucose does but it would increase it later in the small intestine. The difference in oxygen content and acidity in the small intestine as compared to the mouth probably changes the bacteria populations a bit. I'm not sure if it's "for the better", lol. Seems like you can get sick from bacteria population explosions in the small intestine (Cramping feeling), so clearly 'bad' bacteria can live there (at least temporarily); seems like staphylococcus can live in diverse environments, having both anaerobic and aerobic variants. I guess the bigger question is about aurues... and maybe a few others... (They seem more virulent than other staph variants)

So, yes, starches might not save you from bacteria. They appear like they potentially grow bacteria populations as do sucrose/fructose/glucose, but I'm not sure how effectively in comparison... we need... observations on the microbiota environments to compare them. That is, we need measurements of bacteria populations in response to consumption of these different forms of glucose and fructose [glucose and fructose seem to be "The most basic" sugars of which most other sugars/starches are comprised from. Makes sense, glucose is metabolized by the cells directly(aerobically), fructose is metabolized by the liver which eventually gets converted into glucose and metabolized much the same. It seems like fructose, and its compounds(like sucrose) would be best avoided for the simple fact is taxes the body's systems more to use it - the energy ROI is lower. And, liver metabolism might be a process more vulnerable to injury, since it happens in a single organ before getting used by the body instead of being used direclty all over the body like straight glucose. Might be one of the reasons why fructose/sucrose seem to have more profound health impacts than glucose compounds/polysaccharides[starches]. That is, glucose taxes no particular organ before use as gets directly used by the cells, whereas fructose (And, sucrose, since sucrose = fructose+glucose) taxes the liver before eventually getting converted into glucose for use.].

It seems the only real way to eliminate/minimize bacteria growth is to eliminate/minimize carb consumption in all forms [starches/sugars/etc.] and avoid "rotting" foods or bacteria filled foods[like bacon seems to be reputed according to jewish scripture]. And, one can't forget that the dark meats have sugars, as does milk. Intermittent fasting and minimal carb consumption also seems to be a good way to keep intestinal bacteria populations low. (Coincidentally, the diet of our ancestors.) How those methods compare to eating antibiotic foods in keeping bacteria peak populations in check is an interesting question. i.e., which methods are most effective, and which methods are least advised? [0 grams of carb consumption might be ill advised due to hypoglycemia. But, smaller carb loadings per eating might be advised. Say, 30 grams of carbs ever 3-4 hours vs 100grams every 6, and mixed with antibiotic/probiotic food strategies.]

Bacteria peak populations seem to be key. Because, the body has a relatively fixed number of white blood cells (Or, it probably doesn't rapidly increase in number like bacteria can, though no doubt the body has a way to increase the count as needed.) and it could be potentially overwhelmed if the peak populations are too high in number, potentially resulting in more damage. This seems to be why binge drinking and binge eating might be so injurious/deadly, because the peak bacteria populations possibly overwhelm the body's defenses causing significantly more damage.

Reality: People with bulimia are at a high risk for dying, especially if they are purging, using laxatives and doing excessive exercise. Many people with bulimia have died from cardiac arrest which is usually caused by low potassium or an electrolyte imbalance.

Yep, there's my suspicion. They blame electrolyte imbalance, but I think recurrent bacteria population explosions might be also to blame. (Probably mainly to blame) I need to specifically look for possible associations between clots(ischemia) and bullimia to see if this is the case...

Doesn't seem like too many have researched this particular association but I see related supporting research...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062840/

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis[ischemia] associated with bulimia nervosa

And, it's been known since antiquity that 'gluttony' is a mortal sin.

Anyway, looking back on my own personal experience, I've experienced cardiac pain after eating about 200 grams of sugar from grapes in one sitting. So peak bacteria might be key (Then again, maybe it was more the blood sugar peaks and not bacteria peaks... I wouldn't expect bacteria to multiply that rapidly in 5 minutes regardless of the amount of sugar thrown at it. I would think the amount of sugar determines the peak populations, not so much the rate of growth. But I could be wrong.

I think I'm going to go on a regular vegetable fast. I like bigmoose's idea of lunch-to-lunch fasts. From lunch to lunch every 3-4 days, I will only eat vegetables. I know that vegetables have sugar/carbs, yes, but it is of SUCH LOW DENSITY, it isn't effectively utilized by bacterial colonies like high density carb foods are [Basically, everything else that's carby, like grains, candy, etc.].

I don't measure my blood sugar or anything really, so I probably won't notice any changes, it just seems like a good idea.

Well, well. Now I'm noticing another important parameter for intestinal bacteria. It's not simply a matter of carbs, it's a matter of how dense those carbs are. So, the structure of foods may be just as important as the sugars/carbs they contain. carbs with high levels of cellulose, fiber and other intact non-carb plant matters (Like, say, vegetables and some fruits) might be less effectively utilized by bacteria than carbs that have less/no-fiber and little-to-no separating plant structures; think white flour and regular grapes. [This isn't to say grapes are bad, per se, but it can be when consumed in abundance at one time.]

So the idea that 200grams of sugar in grapes might trigger bacteria population explosions isn't really that far-fetched since the sugars are far more easily utilized as the sugars are contained in the liquid which is easily released. I don't think, however, that carrots would ever trigger a bacteria explosion for the simple matter the sugars are spread far apart in the carrot. This seems like it'd also be the case for the less ripe bananas, which have more cellulose and less sugar. Also true of sweet potatos, at least boiled sweet potatos. However, processed carbs (Like milled this or that(the white flour in bread, just bread for that matter), mashed this or that(mashed potatos, maybe.), liquified this or that (i.e., juice), roasted/baked this or that (potatos/sweet-potatos) - seems to destroy the cellulose in the potato.) seems like they'd more effectively grow bacterial colonies. Bread is a special food, however, because it has air pockets due to the yeast making it absorptive and it's possible to absorb antibiotic foods/drinks in it. Such as garlic, wine (thinking of the greeks/french there), so bread treated like so may have strong antibiotic properties and won't grow bacterial colonies as effectively as untreated bread does.

The sugars in grapes can be eliminated through fermenting them, i.e., making wine. But wine-makers typically add sugar to the wine, which may potentially counteract the benefit of fermentation. I'm guessing the higher-alchohol-%/lower-sugar wines may be more salubrious for this reason. Seems like 'real wines' with little sugar are typically in the 14%-15% region.

So, essence, avoid the processed carbs and the high sugar, less fibrous fruits (grapes) [basically, foods where sugar is in a high density or easy-to-access(i.e., liquid) arrangement], especially when consumed in abundance in one sitting. When consumed in smaller portion sizes (Say, like 100 years ago), peak bacteria population sizes can be kept in check. The grapes I ate were effectively equivalent to 6 bunches of grapes. Maybe one bunch would've been a better idea that day. Absorptive carbs can possibly be treated by the antiobiotic/probiotic foods.

I need to start adding vinegar to my rice like the japanese do for sushi rice. And, possibly to my millet. It just seems like millet doesn't benefit as much from additives, taste wise. But it is undeniably packed with important minerals (especially hard-to-acquire ones like magnesium.).

So, peak bacteria population = (carb-density/[intact-separating-plant-structure(fiber,cellulose,etc.)+1])*portion-size. (The +1 is just to avoid an asymptote, lol)

And... just found out that limes, when ripe, are completely yellow like lemons, lol. I never knew that, until I owned a lime that I've had sitting around for 2 weeks. It was still sour, not really sweet, but it was a softer kind of sour. A more pleasant sour, I guess.

http://www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/are-yellow-limes-better-than-green-ones-article

SO WHY DO WE SEE MOSTLY BRIGHT GREEN, UNRIPE LIMES AT THE STORE?
It's all due to green cash flow and red tape, Beverlin says. Not only do USDA regulations list yellow color as a defect in limes, but most commercial farmers also view yellow limes as bad business.

What?!! Yellow is a defect in limes? If I didn't suspect moneyed motives here, which I do, I'd think these guys were complete boneheads, lol. Foods were meant to be consumed when ripe, not only should our taste tell us this, the fact that other animals start going for them when ripe should be a good indication.

Okay, having more insights into the starch -> bacteria relationship. So starch(rice,etc.) gets broken down into glucose in the mouth,stomach and small intestine. The question is, how quickly is it broken down? Because if it's a relatively slow process, that may limit the amount of available glucose to bacteria. If it converts to glucose 100% in a matter of seconds, then it'd provide a full glucose loading for the bacteria, bad news, BUT... if it converts over the period of several hours, it may only have so much glucose available (Say 1-20% of the total loading) at any one time potentially significantly limiting the affect on bacterial growth compared to an equivalent amount of pure glucose. Interesting questions...

Someone needs to find out. Let's measure those bacteria populations after eating 50g of white rice as compared to drinking 50g of corn syrup [100% pure glucose]. At some high enough weight value, this affect could possibly be inferred by blood pressure readings, since cortisol released in response to immune system activity due to intestinal bacteria causes vasoconstriction and thus higher blood pressure. Won't know the exact bacteria population sizes, however, but it'd be a good way to infer underlying immune activity.

I wonder if we measured the blood sugar curve after eating rice, if we could infer the amount of glucose available at any one time from the slope(increase in blood sugar[serum glucose]). Seems like it should be possible to get a good estimate. Anoother good estimate could be by looking at the food's GI index. Now if only I could calculate the amount of glucose present at any one time based on the slope and/or estimated increase in the total blood sugar content in the bloodstream. Sugar meters measure in terms of mg/dl, but I'm more curious about mg (The amount of glucose absorbed after some given time), which means we need to know the volume of blood in liters. And, to be totally accurate, we also need to know the rate at which the glucose gets burned off and/or shuttered as fat. So many variables I don't know if I can accurately ascertain. There's possibly research papers that have formulas handy... might be on wiki somewhere...

I wonder if rice was consumed with eggs or other fats and proteins, if that would slow down the conversion of a starch(rice,wheat,etc.) into glucose thus limiting the amount of glucose present at any one time. I definitely know that eggs will dramatically decrease the GI of a carby food (My diabetic brother tells me this), I wonder about the other fats/proteins (the nut butters,cheese,etc.). If that's true, then eating an egg with the starch (or similar) can help keep peak bacteria populations down. Eating lower GI starches would also help, I'd think (Like, boiled sweet potatos). It seems that when it comes to starches, keeping down the meal's "GI load" is key. Not so true of the fructose (readily metabolized by bacteria), somewhat true of sucrose-based foods (Since it needs to be broken down by the digestive tract before being used as glucose/fructose by the bacteria population), which are most fruits, which usually also contain intact fiber/cellulose [bananas,corn,etc.] (not grapes so much, apparently).

swbluto said:
I wonder if rice was consumed with eggs or other fats and proteins, if that would slow down the conversion of a starch(rice,wheat,etc.) into glucose...
[url said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3009374/Want-rice-HALF-calories-Just-cook-coconut-oil-refrigerate-overnight-eating.html[/url]"]
Want rice with HALF the calories? Cook it with coconut oil and refrigerate it overnight before eating
- Scientists say cooking the rice this way can cut the calories by up to 60%
- The method increases the amount of resistant starch (RS) in the rice
- RS is indigestible to the human body and so is not turned into sugar or fat
- However, doctors have warned reheating rice can cause food poisoning
[url said:
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/2015/04/21/does-the-calorie-slashing-method-for-cooking-rice-really-work[/url]"]
Does the Calorie-Slashing Method for Cooking Rice Really Work?
- A Sri Lankan chemistry student recently demonstrated a method of cooking rice that reduced its calorie content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back