Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
mothman_encounter_by_slurch.jpg

Dang, now you have no way to read this and heed my warning. Dude, it's obvious that, at the root of your troubles out there, the Mothman lurks. It all fits, when you think about it.

mothman-sighting-Easter.jpg

Hehe, OK, I'm fine now. I went to the mall about 60 miles away and picked up a used Lenovo laptop. It's nice to have savings for these kind of emergencies. Still need to get all the software setup which will be a pain tonight, but it has to be done. I'm just hoping I can get it all done before my battery runs out, lol. (Have about 50 minutes left)

That 120 mile trip used up about 4 gallons of gas if I were to believe my van. Wow, didn't think it'd get nearly 30 mpg, but I guess the EPA highway ratings aren't set at 50mph, either. (Looks like they're set at 60 mph. And, I think 4.5 gallons is more believable so almost 27 mpg, so that sounds about right.)

Anyway, good to have another laptop. It effectively doubles my processing power, which is nice, so it can still play a role when it's not being used explicitly as a backup.

Anyway, plan to set up the cross-members tonight. Planned to set up the entire roof, if the laptop didn't suddenly become an emergency. Anyway, soon... the shed will be built soon. And the house will be in Sept, according to whatever funds I have. Aiming for 12x16 ideally, scaled back to 12x12 if I have to. Any smaller is pointless because I can just use the shed, lol. (Actually, I could use the entire shed for all my gear, so getting the house set up would not be pointless.)

Anyway, woke from 4 hours of sleep this morning (Didn't get sleepy until 2:30 a.m. last night) , was getting lightheaded and feeling some deep chest soreness, so drank the cocoa and got /instantly/ sleepy. Tried sleeping,kind of hard. Laptop didn't boob up until later.Been getting that early morning chest pain this last week, kind of random. Seems like I've been getting 2-3 naps during the day recently, up from 0-1, don't know if that's associated.

Google is telling me variant angina or prinzmetal angina. Typically treated with nitrates. Solution, eat spinach daily, what I've been explictly not eating because it's expensive and I can't store it for more than a day, lol. And, the canned stuff scares me because it definitely has peremethrin in it. I'll try getting 2 cans of peas later in the day... it's green, hope it has nitrates, lol.

http://www.foodsafety.gov.mo/e/sense/detail.aspx?id=efd55ce0-dffd-4cb9-99ee-217177d9c70e

Spinach has about 35 times more nitrates than peas according to weight.

30 MPG?!? I'm sure it's not a van, maybe a mini type van. Where in the world did you put all that stuff you moved with? It sounded like you moved a whole house and then some.

So your power supply crapped out. So why didn't you just get a new PS?
I guess you could use another laptop as much as you are online. If you did half the work on your supposed paradise as your online it would of been done and rented out by now!

Dan

DAND214 said:
30 MPG?!? I'm sure it's not a van, maybe a mini type van. Where in the world did you put all that stuff you moved with? It sounded like you moved a whole house and then some.

So your power supply crapped out. So why didn't you just get a new PS?
I guess you could use another laptop as much as you are online. If you did half the work on you supposed paradise as your online it would of been done and rented out by now!

Dan

Lol. Okay, let me explain
There's two limiting factors here

Temperature
Money

The temperature right now is horrible to work in, so current projects are slowed down accordingly. This includes digging the pool up. And, right now, there's higher priorities. Like, shed, fence. Then I need to clear out the back of the trees, which there's tons of "tree debris" to clear.

Money. I can't afford a mansion right now! lol. I doubt I could even afford the concrete to create a pool after I dug it out, lol.

Anyway, I still need to figure out how to attach the cross-members to the shed. I tried the technique I had imagined and the screws just popped out, lol. I need clay to secure the back of the screw and I need to find the clay. Hell if I know where the clay is, lol.

And speaking of which, 'finding things' has been the greatest time suck lately.

The minivan is great for securing things, but it's pretty bad for finding things when everything is crowded in there, lol. I'm thinking I'm going to remove all the tools from the van into the shed /except/ for the car tools, just so I won't waste so much time trying to find this or that. I wasted like at least an hour trying to find the drill bits today

As to "Moving the whole house", yep, that is the gist of it. A good 2 days were spent on optimally packing everything to move as much as possible. Packing my car coming home from puke school, the toll booth lady chuckled at how packed it was, lol. (Only spare room was the area connecting my vision to the right mirror and even that was being threatened, lol.)

Anyway, it's interesting. You have the mexicans selling honey roadside, and then lately, you have the africans selling watermelons roadside. I find the stereotypes oddly fitting here, lol.

I'm thinking about starting some honey production. For my own honey consumption. As a longterm kind of endeavor, obviously not an immediate priority, lol.

It's interesting heading east and watching the grass get a slightly deeper green color. I know it rains a little bit more over there, but it's interesting telling the subtle difference in the way the grass looks. (Back in spokane, lol, natural green grass doesn't exist, lol.)

Okay, I'm trying to liquid nail the screws into place. I'm hoping that should hold them so I can slip the cross-member tubes on. Should be ready to try at 9:40 a.m.

And soon enough, I need to transfer the software over. I don't like potentially-irremediable time pressures, lol.

Update: The liquid nails worked! It's holding the screws in pnd readlace so I can slip the cross members on and bolt them down. I'm getting the rest done in about 30 minutes or so.

And, the file transfer didn't complete in time. Laptop is dead, lol. I guess if I /really/ wanted to, I could unscrew the laptop bottom off and yank the harddrive out and read it, but I looked at my deadlines and I'm betting I'll get this new power supply monday and it looks like I could pull it off in time - worst case, don't get it monday, I'll yank the hardf drive out and read it manually. It's really important to have a laptop now for new customer dialogue; that's the cost I was thinking of when buying the laptop - the cost of lost sales due to the inability to communicate with new clients. There's also the cost of not talking to existing clients; they don't get a response in time, some of them will try to destroy you. They assume you're ignoring them and some of them really don't like that.

So, yep, pretty much chillaxing now. And getting my shed built. This is actually a goodtime to have time to focus on getting the shed built.

Top right gums have been flaring up, don't really know why. Nuking with salt and garlic at least twice daily, now. Consuming garlic on an empty stomach is a /bad/ idea, lol.

Now wondering if I could get the website back up... I think I can. I think I will do that soon.

Thinking about getting a cherry mx brown keyboard. Believe it'd be as good as the kinesis keyboard in reducing fatigue/arm-pain, and cost would be 3-5x less. The high nonfoodfuel costs in recent weeks is giving me pause, though. $270 shed, $160 laptop, $30 in computer equipment and I need to order new supplies.

Okay, well, the second arm didn't go on so well with the liquid nails - screws easily lost grip with the liquid nail glue after a little bit of force. So I liberally applied it this time and I'm going to try again in a couple of hours, probably around 4. I'm thinking maybe it didn't dry enough and I'll try a more careful approach this time. (Avoid side forces)

It's kind of obvious what I could really use here is a welder of some sort.

And a bit more reserved about removing the harddrive. Nonsecured HDDs in my experience have the uncanny ability to quickly die, lol. Apparently the discs aren't stable enough and they scratch/crash/whatever.

And, I'm going to start delimbing the trees in the back since I have nothing else scheduled for this evening. After they get delimbed and thrown in the pile, then it's time to start cutting up the trunk for movement. Thinking maybe I'll start a log pile separate from the existing 'brush/small-tree pile'.

Anyway, kind of nice my neighbors stopped trying to intimidate me. Apparently it took armed patrols around my property to do the trick. I guess they don't like the idea of getting shot by an unstable unpredictable neighbor, lol.

First time living in a neighborhood I could've easily mistaked for mogadishu, lol.
o
Update: Liberally applying the liquid nails did the trick! All 3 crossmember tubes are screwed on.

So, now I just need to complete the roof in one fell swoop. Thinking I'll reserve that for another morning, maybe tomorrow morning.

And it looks like I'll need a ladder to apply weatherstripping to the top of the highest part of the roof and to screw in the highest screws. What good timing, I need a banana resupply tonight. I can pick both up from walmart.

Best deal I've found on a durable cherry brown mx keyboard with a suitable palmrest. https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Aluminum-Mechanical-Keyboard-KBC700-4IS/dp/B00TA4H6UO/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1498861537&sr=8-46&keywords=cherry+brown+mx+keyboard

$109; still cheaper than the kinesis.

The $69 non-palmrest keyboards would be OK with a flat surface like desk/table. No such luxury here.

update: just started axing and lopping the tree branches off, wow, I feel weak compared to the other times I've done this like 2 weeks ago. Not exactly sure why. Not particularly hungry for carbs, so I assume I'm good in the blood sugar department. started getting some chest discomfort with some barely palapable nausea, so i'm suspecting maybe something heart related. Maybe the upper right tooth bacteria activity is affecting my strength. Maybe those early morning chest discomfort episodes were serious.

Anyway, I'm desweating right now.

Neighbors started working on their property at the same I did, what a coincidence. They haven't worked on it for 2 weeks, I've been busy with evening work and the shed.

bananas and honey are tasting pretty good. Probably low in bloodsugar.

Update: Probably bloodsugar. After 2 small bananas, a can of peas and some honey, the weakness is no longer there.

Update: A pushy customer is forcing me to remove the laptop harddrive. Fudge me. I guess I'll put the harddrive in this enclosure I have, and hope that ha'rddrive doesn't fail. Harddrive failure would be bad, really bad. (It'd just be really inconvenient)

A good man is hard to find, a hard man is .... <blank>

My best guess was... "Easy to find" as it seems so true, lol.

However, a quick google search suggests the common ending is "good to find". I don't understand the cleverness in that response, as it's too straight forward a literary manipulation and doesn't even make sense.

Anyway, driving through "Police town USA", the cop car was just waiting in the turn lane and then after about 10 seconds and the green light turned green, he turned on the flashers and the guy ahead turned into the gas station and the cop followed.

Oh man, methinks he's scanning plates. If so, this town is f'in ridiculous. No wonder it seems like everyone and their brother gets pulled over there.

It almost seems like the daytime is a better time to go through here, simply because there's far more cars on the road. It seems like patrols up during the nighttime.

It all leaves one to wonder what sort of man you're looking for.

I could have me some Karen Gillian, if you got some for me.

[youtube]Ob6n1e6dMsE[/youtube]
[youtube]r2rqm1KtGhY[/youtube]
[youtube]s-FRczaE1Ek[/youtube]

3 clips emptied along the drug trail tonight at 12:30 a.m.; seems they're working at night now. They also seem to be a fair distance away from my property - this is good.

Getting a little stir crazy with it being dark and not getting to sleep, I went for a walk at 1:50 a.m.; heard a rustling in the cans, checked it out and saw the resident possum. I walked upto it and whacked it with my machete. Dead.

Now only if the resident raccoon were that easy. He seems to like 4 a.m.

I wonder if I'll wake to a possum on my property or, if like the rabbit, it'll be mysteriously gone.

He and the raccoon have been ripping holes in my trashbags making a mess of things!

Granted, once I get the trash bag removal program going in full swing, that won't be an issue, but it is right now.

There might have been some emotion riding from the 12;30 a.m. clip emptying that might be what's depriving me of sleep now. maybe it's too warm. I don't know.

Dauntless said:
What did you kill the oppossum for? If it's like most oppossums, it wasn't hurting anything.
The are beneficial organisms which eat common gaden pests.http://www.dfwwildlife.org/opossum.html
Opossums eat fruits, snakes (opossums are immune to all types of snake venom, except that of the coral snake), insects, snails, slugs, eggs, mice, rats, fish, frogs, crayfish, and carrion. If for no other reason than pest control, opossums are great to have around! In urban settings, an opossum will eat pet food, bird seed, and garbage; this animal forages constantly because it has no food caches like squirrels, and it carries little stored body fat.

Yeh, you really need a extra strong keyboard, as much as your on it.
Only person(?) I know that can type, chop down large trees, cut underbrush, build a shed and still have time to go to Walmart, All at the same time. I'm sure I missed a few other tasks but what the hell, you're just a god.

Dan

DAND214 said:
. . . . what the hell, you're just a god.

Dan

Never knew you had to be larger than life to go to WalMart. I've been there, I don't think those people I saw were particularly exceptional.

But I guess you've just been needing some wind beneath your wings, eh?

[youtube]7EcjW-O6APg[/youtube]

Heh, I don't really feel like I need to defend my walmart buying habits but the fact is.

IT'S THE CLOSEST PLACE WITH USABLE QUANTITIES OF ORGANIC BANANAS!

I buy bananas about 2-3 times a week, so those miles add up and details like these matter.

If HEB was closer, I assure you, I'd be going to HEB.

And before you start deriding HEB clientele, I'll have you know everyone goes to HEB. So, the HEBs in more expensive neighborhoods tend to have more posh clientele.

Once Kroger's opens up (Looks like very soon?), I'll have a closer place to go organic grocery shopping which will be nice. Still in the direction of Police Town USA, which kind of sucks.

The other hardware stores close at 9 p.m., which doesn't really work with the current travel restrictions. Tools also tend to be expensive at the hardware stores; it seems commodity goods (Wood) tend to be the only competitive categories. And that still depends; whatever Tractor-supply has is almost always going be 10% cheaper than Home Depot.

Anyway, I was thinking about the American economy and came to a truth.

Whatever industries are receiving money printed out of thin air tend to be the most profitable.

And, that would essentially be wherever loans make up a large percentage of the market since bank loans are essentially printed money. Housing, Education, etc.
Medical tends to be very profitable because the biggest users, the elderly, tend to have a nest-egg the
hospitals charge in kind for. This does tend to screw the finances of those with less hefty nest eggs, i.e., the younger-than-elderly-people. It's a sad truth that was the osinly profitable industry in Spokane, lol. The only people spending money were the dying.

Anyway, the secret is I just try to keep moving forward. (I also try to implements breaks when desired and try to keep a short break schedule. I also tend to do paid work at the same time as outside work, during the cooler evenings when it's easier to focus. Once I get the office located to the shady shed setup, I can do paid work earlier in the day and get even more outside evening work done.)

Confucius said:
"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."

Installing the roofbeams by yourself, ugg, lol.

Finding this awl-like pick I have pretty useful in this step. The guide recommends an awl for hole alignment.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's progress or the arm-impact exercises from yesterday, life is taking on some extra emotional hues listening to this trance.

[youtube]uvf9DlliY84[/youtube]

It definitely seems like using the axe tends to have this affect.

Almost done with the roof. Waiting for liquid nail to dry. Will finish tomorrow.

The shed definitely feels cooler than the RV. That's pretty cool. Kind of predictable, not exposed to the sun, high thermal emissivity of sheet metal -> equalizes with outside temperature fast.

A cooler temperature would be ideal for water storage. Water gets a bit warm in the RV.

Good for running a refrigerator, if I get that eventually.

Great for sleeping. The retained warmth of the RV, I think, is one of the biggest reasons for difficulty sleeping in it during the summer.

The corrugated roof, however, seems to be leaving some large openings along the ridge. I'm not sure if that's taken care of in a further step, but it looks like good opportunity for creepy crawlers to get in. It looks like I could seal those gaps off with clay. Anyway, a possible issue with bug proofing it. I wouldn't want to sleep in it until it's bug proofed. Funny I haven't seen a spider in it yet, not sure why. Bug proofing it looks like it might be hard; little bulges here and there creating little openings.

Thinking of adding mosquito netting to the entrance, would be great to keep it open during the day without the mosquitos. Keeping it open would be great for keeping spirits up; closed off in an dimly lit shed during the day would likely adversely affect creativity/productivity.

It almost seems like the neighbors are getting a bit active with their drug staging area. I think maybe it's another neighbor way down the way making noise, because I'm not entirely sure if they really think it's a good idea to making their presence known. Didn't seem to stop them last night at 12:30 a.m., though. That was definitely them, because you could visualize the path they were traveling on as they emptied their clips as they hurried along.

Maybe they realize I'm their only concern, and they only want to keep me away from "their area" by sounding off. I don't normally walk down that way, so that's not usually a concern.

That shredded chicken that they use in their tacos at the mexican grocery, that stuff is divine. They say they make it with some kind of red pepper; not a bell pepper, but some other red pepper that for some reason, is not really spicy when cooked.

Hmmm...

I wonder if the girl who projects her chest outward, a sign of wanting babies according to some article, who then proceeds to act like a baby... is she gauging my interest in having a baby by judging my response? Or maybe assessing nurturing instincts..

Wow, this is getting weird. I just put that ff the cuff because I already had an established "good theory" (Acting helpless to evoke protective behavior), but this hypothesis dovetails quite well into that, I just don't know if that's really the case. I wouldn't think so, but it does strike me in a jarring kind of way a normal "wrong" hypothesis wouldn't. By jarring, maybe I mean instinctive?es
I did tell her "Have an awesome life" because I knew it was unlikely I would meet her again anytime soon. So far, it's been true.

I do miss the "small village" dynamic of nuke school. The people you met yesterday are the same people you see tomorrow. For some reason, I don't get the impression there's girls in this neighborhood. I just seem to come across a bunch of cocksucking guys, lol (Literally, not even guys; just plain old cocksucking guys, lol.). The only girls I've seen here were children of existing families who looked like they wanted to get out. And elderly retirees. A village is just not a village without childbearing capable females. A population lacking those tend to go extinct.

So what else? You figuring they fatten their hind quarters to show you they can deal with the aftermath? The girl acts like a baby to gauge your controllability. Like how the baby learns to cry then stop to listen for the response.

I think the world is ready for a new Ultraman. Some women are like the mole-rhino, eh? I think the Giant of Light shouldn't move in slo-mo, he's not Kwai-Chang Caine.

[youtube]Ybyzwa7Qxek[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
The girl acts like a baby to gauge your controllability.

Ah, yes, that's what I was suspecting. Assessing how manipulable you are.

At the time, I was relaying it back to these two guys that would baby talk with each other. They were acting like they were quite in love with one another. Her voice took on a quavering/nervousness shortly after, methinking she was crushing. Even though I recognized what it meant, I did feel a little repulsed by it. How a voice turned from self-assured bluster to one of nervousness in a flash. Nervous for my approval. (But what did I care? She was hot, lol. I didn't actually think that initially, but her relentless ridicule turned me on, so I pursued, and my charm made her fall. That was just a little too easy.)

http://elitedaily.com/dating/6-reasons-right-person-always-make-nervous/931342/
Even though you know there's no need for you to tiptoe around, you're still nervous that your “quirks” will scare him or her away.

Not an entirely off basis concern.

http://www.girlschase.com/content/when-women-test-men

It appears judging from this list of examples:

Scenario One: Drinks

Girl: Will you get me a drink?

Man: Sure, definitely. What do you want?
Scenario Two: Hand on Her Arm or Leg

Girl: Would you mind not touching me like that? I don't like being touched.

Man: Oh, sorry. [moves hand]
Scenario Three: Resistance

Girl: I can't go sit with you, sorry; I have to stick close to my friends.

Man: Oh, okay.
Scenario Four: Temptation

Girl: So what is it you want to do with me, exactly?

Man: Umm... nothing! I just want to talk to you!

Scenario one: Who has the power/control.
Scenario two: [same]
Scenario three: [same]
Scenario four: Testing your honesty. The best answer isn't the approval seeking polite one, lol...

It seems these examples portray a woman looking for an honest powerful man. (Or, rather, a man who won't be controlled by some woman.)

Yesterday might have just been a cooler day. Didn't feel intolerable inside the RV last night. The day it felt intolerable, it was 81F at 1:00 a.m. according to weather.com

Suggests maybe that a metal shed is not going to save me from those 81F nights, lol. 81F nights might just be bad sleeping weather.

But a metal shed would be as close to possible to sleeping outside without being exposed to direct human/animal danger. I'm just assuming one could sleep outside at night in any kind of weather, but I suppose that could be wrong.

Doors installed and shed is done. Just some little things here and there to finish it off.

The flying insects have found the shed. And they seem to be really focused on the area near the entrance. This looks like a bad situation for mosquito control in the shed, don't want mosquitos in my office, lol.

And the door-handle. What a joke from a security standpoint. Entirely plastic, so easily cut apart with the right tools. It's obvious to me that the fence is going to have do 99% of the security heavy-lifting to keep this crap secure.

Can't use the "secure lock" from harbor freight, would have to use a traditional lock, the kind that can be easily defeated with angle grinder and/or lock cutter.

If I had a welder, I'd be tempted to weld some predrilled sheet metal on the doors so I could use the secure lock. That'd substantially improve shed security. But even then, it's questionable how this door would perform with a well-placed kick, lol.

Anyway, kind of amazing see something as large as this coming from such a relatively small box. What a marvel of human engineering.

Anyway, apparently no predators have found the possum, but the flies have sure found it. White plump maggots just squirming in delight all throughout its carcass and, wow, they consumed that muscle tissue fast. Only a week mnore, and I'm guessing I'll see the skeleton. Then the bones will dissolve overtime, enriching the soil with calcium, a necessary nutrient for plant growth. Calcium deficient soil stunts plant growth and makes for puny tomatos, lol.

As for comprehensively bugproofing the shed. Looks challenging. Might get something like a mosquito net for the bed, would likely cut down on the spider visits, assuming I moated up the legs.

And, yesterday, after eating 5 tacos, my experiences changed. It was an odd change. Felt like my energy was zapped and I felt under the weather. I still walked fine and I wasn't short of breath or anything, but it was a rather bizarre sudden change of experience. I'm not exactly sure what caused it, but I'm thinking maybe the tacos aren't good for me for some reason. Despite that experience, this morning, I felt unusually full of energy (moreso than previous mornings), and I'm thinking eating all that delicious shredded chicken was somehow responsible. I'm pretty sure there was something in that shredded chicken my body was really wanting. But as to this morning's energy, maybe that was just all the beans/rice/corn-tortillas I consumed with the 7 tacos I eventually ordered. This morning was also feeling odd (Like I was on the edge of something serious.), seemed like going for a quick run helped resolve it.

And 6:26 p.m.; 92F 56% humidity, the shed feels perfect for sleeping in. Yeah, that shed definitely has a temperature advantage over the RV for sleep. It would seem it would've been no problem for that one 81F 90% humidity nightm but I don't know because of the humidity difference.

Anyhoo, getting in the habit of rinsing with apple cider vinegar after eating anything carby/sugary (i.e., bananas). I think it helps keep this gum irritation down.

God dangit, I just realized this one song that was overplayed during my time of employment back in 2010 that I absolutely hated, I actually feel like I can relate to it when I really think about it, lol.

[youtube]MrTz5xjmso4[/youtube]

So was it always the girls who were behind these sentiments and not so much "other people"? Oh god, that's a role I just wouldn't want to publicly admit to them fulfilling, lol.

Anyway, I'm doing installs and config on the new laptop to continue work tomorrow. I figure I'll get the chance to attempt getting the RV on the driveway Wednesday (Whence'm not risking too much lost time on new customer orders), then efforts go immediately into setting up the fence upon success. With successful completion of the fence and gate, travel restrictions get lifted and I'm free to leave whenever.

I can't say I really miss not leaving during the day as far as getting necessary things done.

Want to look at getting a small desk and table. It looks like I'll have room to fit two small tables in the shed. I need tables to conveniently use my new equipment. Hypothetically, I could use the floor.

swbluto said:
God dangit, I just realized this one song that was overplayed during my time of employment back in 2010 that I absolutely hated, I actually feel like I can relate to it when I really think about it, lol.

Dude, they're right, you really DO need more yellow in your life. Not just bananas. . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/30/health/cnn-colorscope-yellow/index.html

Here. One of them is wearing yellow.

[youtube]FenMX_cGDvc[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back