• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hey, how about the original version of the song. He was the Japanese Bruno Mars of the 1960's, total pretty boy with the voice. Note the explanation of the name change which makes sense because the American audience at least know that word. Note the lyrics change, too. The Swedish woman was singing the Taste of Honey version, which only used the original music.

[youtube]C35DrtPlUbc[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
Well hey, how about the original version of the song. He was the Japanese Bruno Mars of the 1960's,

wow that is the most interesting post in this full thread and most informative

Ok Jr poster and Mr dauntless, stop messing with the guy's thread. Not that I've seen a 'build' from any of you three, so you are all 'unverified' imo . . . .

But as rules (written or otherwise) go, if it bothers you then don't read or post. And if people read and cannot contain themselves to be courteous, then guess who's got issues. Read: go make your own thread if you wanna camp out, like the other semi-normal people do :p

battleship.jpg

nutspecial said:
Ok Jr poster and Mr dauntless, stop messing with the guy's thread.
says the guy that was "messing with the guys thread" a few posts ago

Not that I've seen a 'build' from any of you three, so you are all 'unverified' imo .

i am guessing your talking about we could just be trolls and not realy building a bike / car what ever?

well here i am trying to do a build but its hard when your parts keep showing up like this

View attachment 4
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG

Adverse Effects said:
says the guy that was "messing with the guys thread" a few posts ago

Oh no, he's made it quite clear that, because he claims he can't understand what trolling IS, he couldn't possibly be trolling when he's trolling all these times that people have talked about his---well. . . . l

Adverse Effects said:
Not that I've seen a 'build' from any of you three, so you are all 'unverified' imo .

i am guessing your talking about we could just be trolls and not realy building a bike / car what ever?

No no, once again, it's the INFERENCE. As though he has this spectacular build thread. Oops.

Meanwhile, Bluto says he likes the music, he hasn't said he likes the nutty trolling. But since when has what OTHER people do or don't like mattered to. . . .

Ah, but O.P. just made the 140th update on his most recent log.

Maybe we could give some timelines for him to compare to.

7am. Coughed myself awake. (Bronchitis) Voice sounded bad.

9:30am. Went to school. Spit out my tonsils I guess. What was left of my voice went along for the ride.

1pm. The rather martinet Calculus teacher commented on how tough I was. Sometimes I figure they say things like that to hint they're just tired of you toughing it out.

3-5:45pm. The school library was getting so loud that several times the librarian shouting at people to keep it down. They have this indicator, green-yellow-red, measuring sound readings. Guess what color it mostly was. I was able to bring the crowd to silence several times with some furious Hillary Clinton coughing-up-a-lung impressions.

6pm. Business teacher asks if I have some health disclosure about my coughing. I said I don't want anyone to know I'm terminal because I still want to be president before I die. (Some had to ask what I said, but the people near me could understand.) A little later the teacher mentioned the whole VW smog situation and the engineer behind it taking the fall. A woman asked what happened to him personally, so I said "He was shot while trying to escape." A bunch of people laughed, but the woman obviously didn't get it. (The Kraft durch Freude factory where they built the Kraft durch Freude Wagen was built near Kastle Wolfsburg by the Nazi's, who on occasion would blame someone in the government for something that happened and when others wanted to question him they said "He was shot while trying to escape." It wasn't until after the war that Kraft durch Freude were renamed Volkswagen.)

After 10pm. Nearly gave the guy at the drive through window a heart attack with another Hillary Clinton impression. Got home, ate a burrito and a tostada. From the way I'm coughing I don't think I'll sleep any better tonight than I have been sleeping. Continuing to make no big deal about it. Much in contrast to the O.P., whom I might suggest could benefit from giving that some thought.

Okay, to all the numbtards who apparently need some explanation, here.

If you aren't simply here to insult me, you're likely not the numbtard this post is directed towards.

See those lengthy posts back there? That's my medical journal - I've reserved all those posts so that it remains 'effectively historical' to all onlookers so you guys who are interested in the most recent dialogue won't be bothered with it (I.e., THIS POST and ALL RECENT NEW POSTS). If you don't/won't/haven't read it, that's kind of the point, lol. If you're bothered with it, don't purposefully seek it out and read it you morons. There's a reason why I don't read romance novels in my spare time. Do you know what the point of that is? To see trends and make accurate inferences with new information as its becomes known, and use the new inferences to (hopefully) reduce symptoms and improve outcomes. I need a good understanding of my health, and its capabilities, and need a 'good outcome' to take down a forest. What's this thread about? Oh yeah, that's right, buying land and taking down a forest. Capiche?

And that reminds me... I should do it now rather than later...

Update: 12:51 p.m. - 10/1/2016 - Slept on my right/left side yesterday. Sleeping on my back was triggering acute sharpish lower back pain. Right side didn't seem to be triggering ischemic symptoms and I was careful to not let my right hand/arm compress my right carotid artery like it /might/ have that one night. Then again, I don't really know what happened that night with the 3-second left side paralysis.

Woke feeling relatively good. Didn't feel 'weird' like yesterday morning, and generally felt like I had energy. So I tried to get the treadmill out of the way.

[youtube]iVkEkOrNGUY[/youtube]

I decided to break up the 45-minute workout session into two different times of the day. I'm taking a more careful approach so that I can ramp up when it seems 'safe' to do so. Don't really have a systematic way of determining that, other than how I feel.

I did 30minutes@2.7mph@12% and my HR was averaging 130. It went upto 139bpm at 3mph.

I had breakfast afterwards and I made sure my breakfast had salt, because I was definitely sweating just like that one time, and I suspect a possible sodium deficiency (Though that would seem a little weird... I think I had 3000 mg of sodium that day. Definitely had a can of tomato sauce (2000mg) + at least 3-5 pieces of cheese (200-250mg each))

At the moment, I'm feeling a little more nauseous than I did this morning. I'll make a determination to do the second half of the exercise by 5 p.m.; I might just end up doing 30 minutes a day if that's all my body can handle. I thought my body was stronger than that; 30 minutes at 140 BPM just sounds like child's play.

Anyway, I decided to add 5 minutes 'warmup' to any times I breakup the exercise. So, I would actually exercise for 20 minutes, instead of 15 minutes, to complete the remainder of the 45 minutes total.

Anyway, today, I decided I would compile a list, take pictures and start listing everything I have for sale. Whatever I don't sale, I'lll take with me and try to sell in the much larger market of Houston; Whatever I can't take with me, I will put in a garage sale, and whatever is still not sold, I will have to donate or pawn off. Or something along those lines... (Might try the pawn off route first; something is better than nothing, and I'm not fooled by the non-profit status of the Goodwill. A non-profit is not really non-profit when the executive pay exceeds 1 million dollars, including wages and stock benefits, or the 'administrative class' wage/benefits compensation exceeds 10% of gross profit of a large organization.)

Update: 2:14 p.m. - I noticed on these raisins that I'm using to replace the "lost carbs"(Due to exercise; 3mph @ 30min @ 12% incline is about 330 calories), they had equal amounts of potassium to carbs. I remember that article I was reading a couple of weeks ago, how the cardiac scientist was doing studies, and he found a mixture of glucose-insulin-potassium never caused HAs in his animal testing. Isn't that interesting? Red grapes, and presumably quite a few other fruits, already have that natural balance of potassium+glucose-or-glucose-precursor(Sucrose, usually). Corn is the only fruit that almost purely glucose and potassium. However, it's up to our bodies to provide the insulin. And... that means... you need to keep your insulin supply systems healthy for maximum benefit (Pancreas, islets of Langerhans), and consuming carbs that are naturally intertwined and enmeshed in dietary fiber is one of the big things, I think. (I.e.,whole fruits, whole grains; not 'processed grains'/ground-up-grains/flour/rice-flour/dried-fruits/etc.)

I think one of the other big things is probably keeping physically active. I think for most people, 'eating right' and 'working out', 'good sleep' should naturally follow though other 'big ideas' can sabotage good sleep. (Insecurity, generally speaking. Specifically, material/physical/financial/employment/social/health/etc. insecurities can predictably elevate cortisol levels and sabotage sleep.)

Just thought it was cool that raisins already had that natural balance of potassium and something-like-glucose.

Update: 4:30 p.m. - Just recently got hungry. Amazing! That's not what happened in the afternoon (and day following) after intense exercise that one day 3 days ago, so that might be a good sign I'm not going to crash tomorrow. I shall see; I think I'll hold off on exercise for today and finish it off tomorrow. (Playing it safe - got a painful palpitation about 2 hours ago, so...)

Update: 4:51 p.m. - 10/3/2016 - Just did a 40 minute walk/jog to this:

[youtube]K58Wj7z3xhI[/youtube]

I used this user's "Route 66" videos for background music. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR7-lVVLsJR24B7elv4vjWw

All at 12% incline (Max setting):
I walked 90% of it at 3mph (Average HR = 140), did 3x 4mph 'sprints/jogs' (Average HR = 160) for a minute each, and did a 3 minute 2.5mph "Cool down" (Average HR = 125). I was getting a similar feeling during the first two jogs as last time (But wasn't nearly as intense/noticeable as 4 days ago, and the excessive fatigue/weakness/nausea and ECG wave abnormalities the day after.), and at the 25 minute mark, I decided to go eat two salty pickles (500mg sodium total) because I have a feeling I was sweating a bit of salt out and suddenly felt so much more alive and doing the last 4mph jog/sprint at the 35 minute mark was so much 'easier'/less symptomatic (Average HR was still = 160). Definitely did not feel that icky chest pressure/nausea sensation feeling coming on that time.

My exercise's calorie estimate is 500 calories and I hypothetically climbed ~1800 feet in elevation in the span of 40 minutes.

Felt pretty much alive at the end of the exercise.

I'm thinking pre-empting the exercise with sodium might be a wise idea. Perhaps a pickle or two right before working out, then a pickle every 15-20 minutes.

My ECG immediate post-exercise looked different compared to last time. The R wave looked like it averaged at around 3mm 1-minute after the exercise ended (Normal to be less than average), but it seemed like it was sporadically peaking at 5-6 mm here and there (Higher than average R wave amplitude immediately post exercise is associated with people with CAD.). I generally felt fine at the end, so I didn't read too much into it.

Yesterday, I noticed that my R-waves were consistently pretty high (7mm) following right after weight training, when I was using 50 pound weights (I normally used 30 pound weights, but I see the training video is suggesting 12 reps instead of my 30-40+), and it was causing immense pressure in my head and a lingering 'feeling weird/unstable' feeling afterwards that was relieved by taking a warm bath, an hour later. I figured weight training had an opposite affect on the ECG waveform than cardio (Heightened R waves instead of diminished R waves), and didn't suspect any ECG abnormalities at the time. [Couldn't find research on this.]

I'm swinging around this 13-pound splitting maul. I figure if I can get to the point where I can swing this thing around without difficulty or tiring, I should be able to swing around the 4-5 pounds tools nearly all day. Need to find something I can repeatedly smack, so I can really train instead of just swinging it in the air (Which has dubious training qualities).

I noticed sometimes while swinging around the maul, however, the head pressure (especially in my right lobe) quickly builds. I don't know if that's what I can expect swinging around the lighter tools and actually doing physical work, but I can tell if it does, that's definitely going to my limit my daily workload/capacity. Seems like that head-pressure has some kind of lingering 'feeling unstable/not-quite-there' affect which I don't like, lol. I'm just going to hope it doesn't, and other factors might be contributing to that feeling(anxiety) that won't in the field.

Thinking about getting a dog as soon as I leave. I figure it can eat the same rice I do, along with some egg protein. (I'll give him/her the yolks, lol.)

Whatever dog it is, it has to be compatible with my future puggy. [Can't be aggressive]

puggy.jpg

Update: 11:59 p.m. - 10/4/2016

Figured out how to set my Workrave software to 'reading mode'; this gives me strictly 18 minutes from the time I get on the computer to the next 10 minute break. This is way better than the default mode, which only counted time when my computer mouse was moving a lot, and it only counted it for 6 seconds at a time when it moved for less than that, so it seemed like I was going 1-2 hours between breaks. Not exactly what I had in mind.

During my breaks, I'm doing work and/or exercises. Like my daily bowflex exercises, arm circles and squats. I figured out that the arm exercises are greatly improved by adding 3 pound weights. Definitely feels like I'm getting a workout.

Today has been relatively uneventful and 'normal', YAY! That's a good thing, following yesteday's more intense exercise. The ECG traces were getting a little more chaotic last night (I don't know why some beats looked like they were 'blowing up out of scale' so frequently; my heart rate was otherwise normal and the beats whose ECG trace I could discern didn't look /too/ worrying, though it was weird how the trace seemed to be persistently dipping down after the T wave. I was largely asymptomatic, so I didn't think too much of it.

Well... hmmm....

Maybe it's what this site is calling a "U wave", but the dip was immediately following the T wave, it didn't seem to be a distinct 'u wave' being inverted and then being brought back upto baseline. It seemed like the baseline was drifting lower and lower right after the T wave...

But, this site has this to say on inverted U waves.

http://lifeinthefastlane.com/ecg-library/basics/u-wave/

U-wave inversion is abnormal (in leads with upright T waves)
A negative U wave is highly specific for the presence of heart disease

The main causes of inverted U waves are:

Coronary artery disease
Hypertension
Valvular heart disease
Congenital heart disease
Cardiomyopathy
Hyperthyroidism

In patients presenting with chest pain, inverted U waves:

Are a very specific sign of myocardial ischaemia
May be the earliest marker of unstable angina and evolving myocardial infarction
Have been shown to predict a ≥ 75% stenosis of the LAD / LMCA and the presence of left ventricular dysfunction

I did notice possible 'left ventricular dysfunction' following the exercise yesterday, with the transient unusually tall R-waves immediately post-exercise. I felt otherwise fine.

I wonder if my ECG normally explodes at night? I'll check...

It's now 12:20 a.m. and it seems like it's still randomly "exploding"(Throwing the next screen out of scale), and I can still see the 'dip' immediately following the T wave. It does seem like it's eventually coming back upto baseline following the dip. Standing HR was 63, which it was at 1 p.m. today (A bit low at that time, especially since I've been eating well enough). Otherwise been feeling fine today (And right now).

Well, actually, I do remember getting an achy feeling in my left bicep that felt like it was traveling to my left pinky yesterday when I woke up yesterday at 2:00 a.m. (I WENT TO BED Around 12:45), and since that characteristic pain pattern concerned me in light of the recent ECG abnormalities that day, I ate a bunch of spinach, and went back to sleep.

Update: 10:15 p.m. - 10/5/2016 - Standing BPM has been 63-66 all day. It was actually lower earlier (53 BPM @ 1 p.m.), when I found that my blood glucose level was unexpectedly low after a largeish satisfying meal, so I cooked up 2/3 cup(dry) of rice and ate ALL OF IT (100 grams of carbs), I then later had another 120 grams of carbs for dinner. This is in addition to the 10 servings of fruit today (overall net carb content = 200 grams) and other various carbs (50 grams), so I've been carbing it up today (Making sure I also got my vegetables and protein in). My standing BPM went upto 63-66 and my ECG trace is actually acting kind of normal now. No longer constantly "exploding" nor is the baseline meandering or being constantly 'thrown off', and I see no abnormalities in the trace (No u-wave inversions, T-wave looks normal and the R wave looks kind of normal.). I'm not sure if I should be concerned if it never reached back upto the 70s...

I've noticed I haven't really felt the 'cool burning' left jaw pain sensation for 7 days now...

But, a permanent decline in HR would be concerning. I think?

Then again, heart failure is associated with increased HR, and athletic hearts are associated with lower HR... and athleticism obviously offers the most dramatic increases in arterial diameters (->Bloodflow perfusion, the ease by which blood can deliver oxygen/glucose/nutrients)... so it seems like there's a logical spectrum of some sort in there.

BUT, on the other hand... bradycardia seems to be associated with some other nasty heart related problems.

Seems like my strength is measurably increasing. Can now do 3 pullups, instead of the 1 pullup 4+ days ago.

Update: 3:57 p.m. - 10/6/2016 - Feeling kind of anxious, head feels 'kind of sweaty'(No real sweat), and my eyes have been dry/itchy for the last 2-3 days. The eyes are not bad now, felt a lot better after taking a nap - Anyway, getting ready to exercise and feeling this persisting anxiety, I measured my standing HR at 57. Should go check my ECG. Seems a little chaotic, baseline seems to jump around, some beats noticeably stronger than others. It's hard to find a consistency, sometimes looks like U wave inversion, sometimes an ST elevation (Not classical ST elevation). It seems like I'm seeing U wave inversion more often.

Seems like the standing HR varies between 57-60 BPM. A bit low. Normally it's 72-80 BPM after getting enough sleep, rarely does it get lower than that. Usually not getting enough sleep causes the HR to drift higher, but it's been consistently lower for the past 4 days. I don't think I've seen my standing (resting) HR ever higher than 70 BPM in the last 4 days.

I was feeling left jaw sensations earlier today, before the nap, but it wasn't a 'cool burning' sensation, it was like an etchy pulling sensation.

I've had 100 grams of carbs for breakfast, then I just had 60 grams of carbs not too long ago. I would think my blood sugar levels are high enough.

Been sporadically feeling hints of that "not enough sleep, getting deeply teary and chest pressure/pain" sensation. The hints last for a couple of seconds, haven't felt it since my nap. My nap effectively ended when I slept on my left side, which later caused a dull numb sensation to shoot down my left thumb. It went away after I turned over. I hadn't experienced that kind of "shooting hand sensation" for about 3-4 weeks now, and I was thinking it was gone for good and a sign my 'neck injury had permanently healed'. Bummer

--------

Update - 5:27 p.m. - 10/6/2016 - After eating 60 grams of banana carbs, I then ate about 40 minutes later 40grams of fig carbs and I also drank the 2 TBSP cocoa drink with 1 TBSP molasses. My standing resting heart rate is now trending at 76-82, and I'm measuring before I start doing this extended treadmill walk. Wow, I never thought I'd see this moment! It's a question whether the figs are behind the increased heart rate, or the cocoa is... and how... hmmm... But, hey, I've now measured 'normal standing heart rate'.

ECG looks like it has a consistently normal trace now. I'm seeing the random flat T wave, about once every 15-20 beats. Baseline seems like it periodically is suddenly jumping /downwards/ after certain beats (Appears like after the T wave...). Not entirely 'normal', but more normal than before. (Not seeing that many U wave inversions)

Update: 6:30 p.m. - 10/6/2016 - Just finished the 46 minute walk. ECG was a little jumpy (Base line dipping down after a few beats, seems like after its T wave... I should capture one of those critters to confirm...), R wave peaking for a second here and there, but I did catch a steady string of depressed R waves at about 2.5 mm high (Assuming T wave was 1.5mm high), which is normal.

The HR at the end of exercising (Walking at 3 mph) = 138 BPM
Sitting resting HR at the 1 minute mark = 74 BPM

All at 12% inline:
I walked the first third at 2.5 mph (HR=125), and then boosted it upto 3 mph for a minute (HR = 139), then put it down to 2.7 mph (HR = 139, oddly). I noticed the 'sweating sensation' stopped after about 30 seconds after I ramped it up 3 mph, and it stayed away for the rest of the walk. The sweating itself didn't (Obviously, the sweating itself increased, my shirt is soaked, lol.), but the 'sweating sensation' did.

Obviously this 'sweating sensation' is different than actually sweating, and it seems like the way to get rid of the 'sweating sensation' is to WORK HARDER ('sweat more', lol).

That does make me a bit curious what this 'sweating sensation' is, exactly. I'd suspect...

-Hyperglycemia (I ate all those fruits recently)
-Some kind of ischemic symptom? Possibly anxiety or /something else/ is inducing ischemic symptoms, which is resolved by WORKING HARDER. (A sweating sensation is associated with 'stress/anxiety', which I suspect has 'partially ischemic' origins (Reduced blood flow, obviously not completely stopped), which WORKING HARDER resolves through the heart beating harder-> higher systolic blood pressure -> vasodilation.)

Note, the higher systolic blood pressure caused by exercise is fundamentally different than a higher systolic caused by anxiety/stress. The difference can be seen in the causal paths.

anxiety -> adrenal glands produce cortisol -> vasoconstriction -> increased systolic

exercise -> heart beats harder -> higher systolic pressure -> vasodilation (Higher systolic pressure, higher heart rate and larger vessel diameter all results in increased bloodflow, which obviously is demanded by exercise / hard work.)

I suppose the secret to defeating anxiety's vasoconstriction, and the symptoms it induces, is by using exercise's vasodilatory powers.

This almost would seem to imply one of the best way to treat vascular-based migraines (Seems to be most of them, though I suppose trigeminal nerves and the such can cause a few) is exercise.

Anyway, I'm thinking over this some more...

I walked the first third at 2.5 mph (HR=125), and then boosted it upto 3 mph for a minute (HR = 139), then put it down to 2.7 mph (HR = 139, oddly). I noticed the 'sweating sensation' stopped after about 30 seconds after I ramped it up 3 mph, and it stayed away for the rest of the walk. The sweating itself didn't (Obviously, the sweating itself increased, my shirt is soaked, lol.), but the 'sweating sensation' did.

I wonder if 2.5mph(HR=125) might've had it's HR semi-suppressed by ischemia ('the sweating sensation'), and after it was resolved by boosting it upto 3mph ('sweating sensation' stopped), the HR at 2.7mph reflected the unsuppressed HR(normal HR) at 2.7mph? So my actual HR at 2.5 mph should've been closer to 139 BPM...

If that's true, then walking at 2.5 mph right now should hypothetically achieve closer to 139 BPM than 125 BPM...

Let's see...

(I'll walk at 3 mph to get its steady rate first, then drop to 2.5 mph)

After walking for 2 minutes, it seems that 3 mph stabilized at 132 bpm, and 2.5 mph stabilized at 124 BPM, like would be expected. I wonder if walking at 3mph at that particular point 'burnt the ready glucose reserves', which then boosted HR?

It seems that steady-state HR normally is boosted after a certain amount of exercise, probably reflecting the 'reserves' getting used up. So, that probably was normal. It just seems weird that the HR didn't decrease when switching to 2.7 mph. (Almost makes me think that 2.7 mph on the display is actually 3 mph on the treadmill...)

Update: I was wanting to investigate this "baseline suddenly jumps down" phenomenon. I spotted it 3-4 times, and I always noticed it happened at the beginning of the graph, practically never in the middle. I started to realize that when it's 'zooming in' between each screen (It shows 4-8 beats per screen, then refreshes with the next 4-8 beats), it magnifies some of the phenomena from the end of the previous screen, and then draws a curve between 'the end value' of the previous screen and 'the current measured value'(For continuity), which then gives the appearance of 'a baseline jump'. If it's not zooming in (It's already zoomed in and the trace has been stable), then it appears this 'baseline jump' doesn't tend to happen. So, almost always, it seems to happen when I first start measuring and it's zooming in. So, no worries there (I think).

The ECG trace recently appears to have a U wave inversion (standing resting HR = 63), but I can't really tell - I don't normally see a 'u wave' to begin with, so seeing an inverted u wave would be unexpected - might just be a device artifact, though it seems to happen when my standing HR is low(Not proven, just seems like it.). Let's grab my standing HR again. oximeter is telling me 69-75, not too low. I just had supper 10 mins ago.

I need a larger ECG to verify the U wave phenomenon. This device is good at screening, but it's terrible at discerning the smaller details (like the Q and S wave).

Update - 11:17 p.m. - 10/7/2016 - Did a 20 minute jog today, continuing with strength training. I'm starting to 'feel the burn' in my muscles now after using the bowflex, it's a pretty good feeling. The triceps are definitely becoming noticeable/defined unlike before, and my biceps are getting larger. Also did a 20 minute 12% 2.7mph walk today (Had a 10 minute 3mph 'warm up' for the first 10 minutes), just to do something in my 'off day'. Sweating bullets, like normal. I'm starting to notice the ab muscles starting to form, kind of looks like I'm beginning to develop a six pack (But I have too much visceral fat to /really/ do that, at least at the moment.). It's feels like it's been a good 8-10 days that I've not really experienced the 'cool burning left jaw sensation', ever since starting the 12% incline treadmill and strength training regimen. Feel a few chest sensations throughout the day that seem possibly concerning, but nothing show-stopping. I can tell the chest sensations aren't due to my muscles getting ripped, since most of the time they don't feel like anything (Other than a little sore when I push on them). I think tomorrow is going to be a 'real' rest day.

I didn't notice right ear pulsatile tinnitus when taking a bath this morning, but I did when I took one later around 7 p.m.; Interesting. I've never noticed pulsatile tinnitus when I'm not taking a bath, so it seems a bit curious. I'm guessing my blood pressure is normally not high enough to produce that sensation, but it becomes high enough in the hot bath. I wouldn't think a hot bath would vasoconstrict the vessels (I'd expect the opposite), so it's a bit curious how a higher pressure would cause it?

Also, didn't fall asleep until 4:30 a.m.; I started suspecting something was 'off' by 4 a.m. when I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror and felt wide awake yet my vision was going blurry and I felt like I was going to collapse unconscious, and I already covered the 'not enough carbs' base by eating bananas earlier, so I suspected a possible sodium deficiency (45 minutes of hill climbing sweats off a lot of sodium; I suspect the muscles also consume sodium when recovering, though I'm not sure how that could be possible.), and ate 2 pickles (600 mg sodium). Yep, that did the trick. Suddenly felt very sleepy and had no problems falling asleep. (I also noticed the right jaw pain kick up a notch...)

Anyway, I made sure I had enough sodium today. I noticed that after 20 minutes of 12% 2.7mph hill climbing, it took 3 pickles to satisfy the craving for salt. So, I made sure to get enough sodium today so that hopefully getting to sleep tonight won't be a challenge. Interestingly, the 'irritated eye' look and eye pain went away after waking up this morning (And is still away right now)... I'm almost suspecting that it was ultimately caused by an ongoing sleep depriving sodium deficiency... but I don't really know... just seemed kind of weird that it suddenly vanished today after a mere 5 hours of sleep, right after eating those 2 pickles.

The recent 3 days with the 'burning right eye pain'(With the red eyes to go with it, especially right) involved like 10 hours of relentless 'feels like I'm dead' sleep.

Anyway...

I've been thinking about that /one guy/ in the airforce. Dad's coworker. I don't remember how exactly the conversation got focused on him (I think it had something to do with something he said that sounded similar to what I said or something), but I believe I asked them something like, 'Oh, what is he doing now?', and then the answer came back "He died". Wait, what? My parents aren't exactly /that old/, so this seemed a bit unusual, so I asked how... and they responded, "He had to lose weight"(Air force standards, weight problems common among network/tech guys), and then he got lapband surgery, then developed an infection from the surgery, got sepsis and then died.

Yeah. Just. Like. That.

I'm the type that's like "avoid surgery if you can!" because of the not-so-insignificant risks involved. And then this guy gets a surgery for something that could've been easily solved with diet, exercise and patience, and then falls victim to (most likely) staphylcoccus, humanity's arch nemesis. If you did the research like I did, it becomes exceedingly easy to see that staphylcoccus is the scourge of humanity, it is ultimately responsible for many of humanity's more deadly common-place disease processes [it's linked to ischemia[HA and stroke], kidney failure, liver failure and probably diabetes. It's also responsible for the majority of inflammatory diseases, and it's already widely known to cause infections, MRSA being one of the more well known types.]. It's one of the reasons why I started drinking cocoa on a regular basis throughout the day, like the Kuna, because I knew it'd help keep the staph populations down. I make sure to consume my dietary antiobiotics throughout the day, to help keep things clean.

However, I'm also starting to recently recognize the vast importance of exercise based on that arterial diameter research I did.

I'm feeling /really confident/ that if humaniity somehow completely eliminated staphylcoccus from the earth, there wouldn't be nearly as many sick people and most of the most common deadly diseases wouldn't be nearly as common as they are. I /suspect/ some of them would become extinct, just as they are effectively extinct among the Kuna.

-----------------------------------

Update - 7:58 p.m. - 10/9/2016

Woke up today. Earlier, I woke from my "second sleep cycle"(4 hours of sleep total, I'm guessing), and I went to the bathroom, tried to get back to bed and noticed I was starting to feel nauseous lying on my left side (This is traditionally the "safe side", so the left side itself causing issues is a bit surprising), and I opened my eyes, and it felt like my consciousness was wigging out noticeably more than "going to sleep" would seemingly usually entail. I thought perhaps I needed some spinach (Nitrates - good for GERD and cardiac, whatever might be causing it), and the spinach solved the recurring transient achy/sharpy left jaw pains and the nausea, but it also left me wide awake unable to get sleepy whatsoever. This was particularly unusual since it later felt like my body /really wanted/ to go to sleep, but yet I never really seemed to laying in bed. Anyway, got some particularly noticeable palpitation that seemed to indicate I didn't really get good sleep. But, it was puzzling, because my HR was steady at 69-76 (Normal HR for getting enough sleep). Hypothetically, 4 hours is all you really need.

Anyway, nothing particularly unusual other seemingly having slept 4 hours and feeling wide awake [Seems like this happens to most people]. But, after lunch today (I ate a bunch of red grapes, gorged on them. Also had a .75 serving of red wine and a little bit (1 oz) of cheddar.), I noticed I rather suddenly got this particularly strong pain in my midback (The 'usual suspect' mid-vertebra) and it later felt like it was radiating a burning sensation 1 inch above my sternum. This persisted for 5-8 minutes. I took my ECG, and the 'steady state' trace looked fine (Checked 3x, steady state trace always looked good), so this puzzled me. Anyway, I later confirmed that the burning sensation could be palpated from the ribs and pressed on the ribs and walked around and it seemed to shortly abate after doing that. But, it was puzzling it happened shortly after gorging on some grapes and having some cheese/wine, almost seemed to imply that eating caused it. So I googled this "midback pain right after eating" and found a thread where people described the exact sensation, and they all had cardiac problems. Getting mistakenly diagnosed as 'reflux' was common, it seemed. One person described getting a HA one year after it began. Another person said their father had 3 blockages and got CABG. One suggested if sublingual nitroglycerin spray relieves symptoms, you've determined the cause.

Anyway, this is pretty concerning because...

There was that one day where eating in the morning provoked unusual anxiety right after eating. Google search reveals anxious/depressed women commonly suffer from this (morning anxiety), but there was one guy that actually had a diagnosed heart issue from the ECG and got bypass surgery.

Then, 'right after eating' (Well, about 5 minutes afterwards, not like 30 seconds like the previous sensation.), I have this experience and there's more than a couple of people who eventually determine cardiac issues and reflux, though commonly blamed, didn't seem to be the prevailing theme.

The fact that these two separate experiences have heart issues in common in both of these threads, is the concerning part. There doesn't seem to be any other commonalities between these threads, other than possibly reflux. [Perhaps anxious women tend to have morning time reflux after eating, which spikes anxiety.] While the fact the burning sensation could be palpated from the ribs is reassuring... these google searches and seeing other people's experiences and their eventual outcomes are not. And, not really reassuring in light of what was happening earlier this morning.

I'm going to mention this at the doctor's appointment tomorrow, and if he doesn't move on it, I'm getting nitro spray from a canadian pharmacy immediately. While I have high suspicion it's cervical->mid-vertebra->ribs in nature, I would rather definitively confirm it instead of 'just guessing'. Anyway, I'm going to finish my exercise walk later today. I actually wonder if you can just walk into a canadian pharmacy and buy it... I wonder if I'd have trouble getting it across the canadian/US border... (the nearest significant city in Canada is 4 hours from me)

Update: 9:51 p.m. - 10/9/2016

Did 25 minutes of a 12% 2.5mph walk to this (HR=138).

[youtube]UqDkTjtzoGo[/youtube]

I like this guy's videos. I think I'm going to start doing a 1-2 exercise theme. The first treadmill in the day, it's going to be higher intensity - a few 12% jogs. The second, it's going to be a long slower walk (2.5-2.7mph). It's spaced out so that I have time to eat enough as the body demands, to help ensure I have enough for the day. And, I'm doing it in that sequence because the long slow walk seems to help my back 'cool down'.

Update: 6:24 p.m. - 10/10/2016 - Just doing my second set of upper body strength training reps for today.

While doing bicep curls earlier today with my right arm, towards the end of the exercise where it was taking 3x as long to bring the curl up as earlier (Noticeable difficulty), I noticed my left chest started getting a sensation that was migrating towards my left shoulder and down my left arm. I figured it was time to stop the right arm.

Anyway, I was recently paying attention to my breathing, and noticed I would hold it after the exhale stopped halfway through the 5-8 second pulling up when it started getting hard. I noticed that doing so created this sense of pressure in my face which I figured might've had something to do with the left chest sensation earlier today. So, I figured I'll just continue breathing in and out like normal instead of holding my breath. So, when it started 'getting hard' and the exhale finished halfway up, I started breathing in and WOAH, big difference there! My breathing felt like it was 'struggling, quivering and weak'. That might be a good reason why people instinctively hold their breath after the exhale finishes, until the muscle finishes 'doing its job'. That certainly gives some insight into what's going on. Due to whatever reason, pulmonary artery flow decreases during the middle of the 'intense exercise' when it starts getting difficult, which creates that 'almost short of breath' sensation. This reduction in pulmonary artery flow no doubt indicates that indeed circulation probably also decreased during the arm exercises earlier today, indicating vasoconstriction, possibly creating that left chest sensation earlier today.

Anyway, continuing the rest of my strength training.

Update: 10:11 a.m. - 10/13/2016 - Made major equipment purchases. Couldn't purchase the generator, don't know if it violates a "money velocity" fraud rule or some such. So, I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Anyway, health wise, things have been feeling largely fine. I mean, don't get me wrong, it feels like I've been getting a little exercise intolerance (a little bit of hard work induces unrelenting fatigue), something that wouldn't seem to bode well for taking down a forest, but I'm assuming that's due to... yeah, I don't know, I just hope nothing particularly serious(Like, not getting enough sleep) and nothing that'll happen in the field /that often/ - I want to keep chugging away at the forest as long as I have daylight, and I remember my past self could've easily done that (Because, I did do hard physical work all day without implacable fatigue in the past just 4 years ago.). Thinking back to that 5-10 minute episode of semi-intense back pain that followed 5 minutes after gorging on 2-3 pounds of grapes, some cheese and a little bit of red wine on a day I felt like I was so sleep deprived. I remember seeing someone's post, they claimed they got middle back pain after eating, and sometimes when it gets worse, she gets a little breathless. With my understanding of how the body works, I would immediately think "cardiac", because more severe ischemia/ventricular-function would lead to lessened pulmonary artery flow, causing breathlessness in the process, whereas mild ventricular impairment wouldn't necessarily impair breathing [Which exactly matches her description of symptoms]. Really, sudden episodic transient breathlessness is the huge tip off.

It was notable that no one in the thread had any clue, guessing 'gerd' or 'esophageal reflux'. As usual, this post like was 5 years old, so the thread was closed and I couldn't chime in (Perhaps it wouldn't of necessarily been of her benefit, but possible benefit to people with matching symptoms that happen to find her thread, like I did.).

Recently googled "implacable fatigue", found some interesting literature from the 1800s.

Got an excerpt from Les Miserables, page 151, one of my favorite plays. This book obviously has passion, something typically missing from Activision games, but something easily found in the earlier Square-Enix RPG games, where story line and character development was still the main focus of winning over gamers. And... I suspect... people were generally more passionate before the internet age, I suspect possibly modern technology has been surreptitiously dividing us and robbing our collective passion.

https://books.google.com/books?id=WsNJAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA151&lpg=PA151&dq=implacable+fatigue&source=bl&ots=nH_mbfS0g0&sig=gWykaaBvWgfSuKbqyU8lY27ThnQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiuhZ2Ep9jPAhXMzlQKHbofCW4Q6AEIKzAE#v=onepage&q&f=true

content

Interesting historical perspectives. This page seems to imply that 'work' is available to this lad, as if 'unemployment' didn't really exist as it does now during the age of machines (And the massive modern energy surpluses that power them; oil, gas, coal, nuclear, etc.).

(Then again, maybe this guy is /really/ unemployed, and he's misperceived as lazy. Seems to be a common theme, like a 1-2 punch to the lower classes of society. First, you're actively denied the opportunity to work, Second punch, because you aren't working, you will be derided as a lazy, good-for-nothing, mooching Mexican/Millennial/what-other-poorer-societal-classes-can-I-think-of? lol.)

I can't tell if this is true in most first world countries, or if America seems to be a land of abusers? Like mostly the abusive lower classes of Britain immigrated and populated America. Or maybe British people are also abusive? (Or, almost every first world country is?)

I wonder if the Kuna have these kinds of societal issues? If they don't... I wonder why not? (Because they're "primitive", 'the machines' aren't maxing out their available physical resources, so they haven't maxed out their local resource capacity, so there's an ongoing need for labor? Machines don't necessarily cause unemployment, until they reach resource capacity, and after that point is reached, ever increasing machine productivity results in less demand for labor -> increased opportunity for unemployment. Employment then begins to depend on the willingness of the machine owners and others with wealth to share, something that's a bit more capricious than the seasons and the continuing abundance of nature which mostly provided in centuries past. Nature itself seems to be more generous than the selfishness found in men.)

Update: 11:58 p.m. - 10/13/2016

Feeling fine. Was feeling weird in the chest all day ("Kind of tight"), fought out my shirt was on backwards towards the end, lol. Feeling pretty confused in the morning time, seemed like black tea lifted the veil of confusion. Noticed that sub-66-bpm-u-wave-inversion ECG thing going on before exercising (I was checking my HR with the oximeter before starting, and it was unusually low despite being 1 hour after having consumed 120 grams of carbs for dinner. Blood glucose levels couldn't have been the explanation. I followed up with the ECG, and saw those values. It returned to normal shortly afterwards.)

Anyway, yeah, just have been feeling kind of tired all day, not sure why.

Anyway, saw this interesting article on fasting: http://www.businessinsider.com/fasting-mimicking-diet-cure-disease-aging-2016-9

They describe one method being "Water and vitamin pills".

I'm looking at these vitamin pills, and I'm immediately thinking, "Oh, you mean vegetables.". Vegetables are notably low in the calories, and incredibly high in the necessary vitamin/minerals. The fact you can survive on water and vitamins highly suggests one could survive entirely on water and vegetables...

Just like rabbits.

Interesting. I don't know of too many cultures that entirely survive on vegetables, but I do know historic africa and historic japan consumed plenty of vegetables, and both groups were/are remarkably healthy. Okinawans are known for their high vegetable consumption and their fish. I personally have noticed if I don't eat vegetables with my meals, especially at the end, I often don't feel right and the feeling isn't corrected until I eat some fresh vegetable.

Update: 10:05 a.m. - 10/14/2016

When I went to bed this morning at 12:40 a.m. last night, I kept getting this recurring transient semi-sharp left jaw pain right behind my chin. I traced it back to a possibly bugged gum-line on the back of a particular tooth in the bottom left of my mouth (The tooth just right of the canine), and didn't think much of it past that. I then woke up every 2 hours, which has been happening for the last month or so, and during the first 'wake up' at 2:44 a.m., went to the bathroom, and while whizzing, a sudden deep ache suddenly struck in my chest and my head just went instantly sweaty, clammy and (heavy feeling?) and then it soon vanished about 2 seconds later. Anyway, I stopped whizzing, and stepped out to assess the situation, and it lasted for that brief moment and didn't show signs of reappearing. 'Back to bed!' is what I prescribed; these 'first wake ups' tend to be the most symptomatic for whatever reason, and 'the episodes' have always been 2-3 second transient events, so getting back to sleep was my way of getting out of this freaky limbo land. I've had at least 2-3 other episodes during these times I can remember (Not counting all the nocturnal panic attacks that happened when I laid on my right side; I stopped laying on my right side about 2 months ago, and the nocturnal panic attacks that always happened at the 2-hour mark stopped.) One episode, I had recorded a transient hyperacute T-wave that happened simultaneously with a flashing 'cool burning' sensation just above the sternum, suggesting that these episodes that happen at the 2-hour mark are cardiac in nature, though not necessarily life threatening (At least not immediately). Then, later, after researching the meaning of this hyperacute T-wave, I got a 'brick on my chest' sensation after standing up and walking to bed (I personally thought it felt like my 'chest turned into a brick wall', but I'm guessing it's essentially synonymous.)

Anyway, since I'm now seeing ECG characteristics in common with MI at the 2 hour mark (Although 2-3 second transients at that), it's not unfair to assume that the nocturnal panic attacks of old also were preceded/triggered by cardiac events. It's curious, though, why they were full-blown 30-minute nocturnal panic attacks only when laying on my right side...

[Anyway, might be relevant; I did eat a little bit of spinach I bought from the store before going to sleep. Since the spinach was expiring tomorrow, the spinach itself wasn't really fresh and I could taste the bacteria growing on it. Kind of disgusting, but I didn't think anything would happen. Maybe I was wrong. It is notable that vegetables consumed 'naturally' (In places where people don't eat vegetables stored in the fridge after buying it from the store, which was likely picked from the ground upto 10+ days ago.) are almost always consumed fresh from the ground.]

Update: 10:41 p.m. - 10/14/2016 - Feels like I got relatively good sleep today. For some reason, I noticed my breathing feeling a bit 'flimsy' after doing the pushups. Normally, I would be 'huffing and puffing' or whatever amount of huffing and puffing pushups would usually make me do, but today, both times I did my pushups, it felt like my breathing just got noticeably weaker after I got done. Lord, I hope this isn't a sign of a weakening heart. If it is, something like an Ejection Fraction reading from a doppler ultrasound could most likely confirm it. I don't really like my health practitioners insistence on "Pretest probabilities" as some way of telling me there's nothing wrong with me. The only thing I'm gathering from my healthcare practioner is age-based stereotyping - "You're too young to have problems", essentially. These people need to be removed and get ones in place that look at the evidence and the evidence alone, not the stereotypes.

I didn't really tell him about the inverted u waves I've been seeing recently, so that's my fault. But, he would've likely explained it away as "it's just stress", like everything else he's explained away as. It's funny... I saw that warning online... doctors just dismissing it "as just stress", lol.

I totally believed them that it was just stress/anxiety/etc., because as soon as I learned how to fully read and understand the ECG, it looked perfectly normal to me. Didn't really notice anything unusual, ever. But ever since that time when I ran up the 12% incline at 6mph for 3 minutes, and the sudden nauseating chest pressure that followed, and the extreme weakness and fatigue the day after, my HR and ECG trends have not been normal since. And neither have been 'the episodes'. And neither has been the exercise tolerance. At the time, I figured the nauseating chest pressure was /just/ gerd, because hey... I figured that's what it had to be, right? Running at 6 mph would surely cause the stomach acids to throw up from the motion/bouncing involved, so no problem. But the fact the HR and ECG trends have been clinically abnormal since and has never really corrected (I would've expected it to correct itself within a couple of days, if it was just a 'body recovering from the exercise' kind of phenomena), leads me to revise that interpretation. Especially since I can elicit that sensation whenever I do any kind of intense activity, now, regardless of what I've eaten/not-eaten/how-much-sleep-I've-had/etc.

I guess the best hope I have, now, is I don't suffer from what is usually the first symptom noticed of heart disease (In most people, I assume - I guess I might be the exception since I know how to read and interpret V1 on the ECG.): sudden death.

To be honest, though, just about every article I've seen about inverted U waves almost always shows an NSTEMI wave pattern on V1, and the U wave inversion is usually most noticeable on V3/V6. That is, among people who show the V1 pattern.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.730.6267&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Effort-induced U-wave inversion in the precor-
dial leads has long been recognized as a marker of
stenosis of the left anterior descending coronary
artery, but this pattern is seldom taken into acco-
unt [12]. Lone U wave inversion after exercise or
exercise-induced inversion of the U-wave is highly
predictive of significant coronary artery disease and,
more specifically, of disease of the proximal left
anterior descending coronary artery (specificity:
93%; sensitivity 23%) [13].

What are the precordial leads?

the first column is the limb leads (I,II, and III), the second column is the augmented limb leads (aVR, aVL, and aVF), and the last two columns are the precordial leads (V1-V6).

So a U-wave pattern in V1 would count as "u wave pattern in the precordial leads".

http://www.academia.edu/26362754/Inverted_U_wave_a_specific_electrocardiographic_sign_of_cardiac_ischemia

The amplitude of the U wave is inversely relatedto the heart rate, and therefore, it is more easily recognizedon ECG in a bradycardic state.

Isn't that interesting, it seemed like the inverted U wave was almost always fairly noticeable when the standing resting HR was <66 BPM.

Although a positive U wavecarries favorable prognosis in patients with myocardialinfarction [5], a negative U wave is associated withsignificant coronary artery disease (CAD) stenosis, usuallyin the LAD artery [1-3], and also with hypertension [6,7], valvular diseases, and congestive heart failure

The news just keeps getting better and better. Congestive heart failure, huh, that's kind of what I was suggesting with the weakening heart as could be inferred from the 'weakened breathing' following pushups.

Why am I the only one that recognizes my symptoms and can pretty much tell what my issues are, exactly (Without even needing advanced instrumentation), whereas my health practitioners are freaking clueless stereotyping bimbos?

https://umem.org/educational_pearls/2768/

Reinig et al. 2005 showed that negative concordance of T- and U-waves have poor prognosis & is quite specific for ischemia.

· ECG’s were divided into 3 groups:

o Type 1 T-U discordance (negative T waves + positive U waves)

o Type 2 T-U discordance (positive T waves + negative U waves)

o Negative T-U concordance (both T & U waves negative)

* Significantly higher rate of CAD (88% vs. 58%) (P-value <. 0001) in the negative T-U concordance group

Well, that's cool, I have a mere 58% chance of CAD. I'd rather be the...

umm....

The average person my age who has something like a .1% chance. :roll: :lol:

I would've found this unbelievable just a month ago. I just measured a standing resting heart rate of 56 BPM. I thought perhaps my ECG just happened to be wrong or my oximeter was lying to me, so I recently measured it by hand, the tried and true method - Yep, 56 BPM. This incredibly low resting HR despite getting more than enough carbs in is a real thing.

Sometimes I wonder if my significantly enhanced leg muscles has anything to do with my unvarying standing HR. (Standing HR=Sitting HR)

In the past, I noticed that an unchanging HR portended something bad. But, I've been feeling fine and my leg muscles are like superman's, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Hmmm...

Update: 11:51 p.m. - 10/15/2016

Last night was... gosh.

Could tell I was in the dream, and couldn't tell if it was just ending, or if it was somewhere in the middle, but I felt like something just suddenly ripped me out of my sleep coincidentally 2 hours after falling asleep, and I was very reluctant to fully awake, but I had no other choice. Very familiar trend. I was laying on my left side at the time. (I wonder if that might be causing it...)

I laid in bed thinking I would just casually get sleepy again. Yeah, lol, obviously not happening, so I got up and took a whiz (It's hard to believe that mini-whiz would've wakened me up.), and got back to bed with my chest just feeling kind of tight. Obviously wasn't getting sleepy for some time. Anyway, I laid in bed because indications seem to suggest Stable Angina, and apparently it's supposed to 'go away' at rest or something or so I've read... or at least I hoped... Yeah, still not getting that sleepy. Laid in bed for 45 minutes, obviously not sleeping. That kind of sucked. Usually I get pretty sleepy kind of quickly at this point, regardless of what's happened beforehand.

Anyway, I apparently got some sleep sometime. Anyway, my HR trends have been acting kind of normal today. That is, sitting = some BPM, Standing = some 10-16 BPM higher. I took my HR right before exercise (Usually do that), and just recently. Acted normal both times. Obviously, "well trained muscles" are not the explanation for an unvarying HR of 56-60.

I wonder... if one of the alternate heart pacemakers has a rate of 60...

Should look it up. (I know 140 BPM is one of those 'magic numbers'... Oh, I should just look up bradycardia-tachycardia syndrome.)

Can't seem to find anything that suggests 60 bpm is some 'magic number'.

Anyway, today, I did a series of short uphill 'sprints', followed by 'rest' between (walking 2.5 mph @ 8% incline). Jogging at 4mph @ 12% incline for 2 minutes. Ended the last one at 4.5mph @ 2.5 minutes. My calf muscles felt rather unchallenged by the sprints, thinking I could kick it up a notch next.

Today felt splendidly unexceptional (Ironically, that seems be the exception.). No hint of palpitations or 'heart burn' or 'nauseating chest pressure' or what not. Felt rather energized after ending the sprints. I felt pretty good up until I ate supper. Then I kind of felt lethargic.

I've been cutting back on rice. I've been noticing my weight increasing noticeably, suggesting that the extra rice I've been eating isn't necessarily going to my muscles. I also don't really feel that hungry eating 1/3cup dry (~50g carb) vs. 1/2cup dry (~70g carb). 1/3 cup seems to be the japanese norm.

Update: 10/17/2016 - 3:31 P.M.

Surprise, surprise, woke up about 2 hours after falling asleep. I told myself I was just going to take a short whiz, not raise my left arm and everything was going to be OK. Stay calm. So, I did and nothing happened. Then I walked back to my room and as I entered my door way, it suddenly felt like it was really hard to breath for about 2 seconds. Weird feeling, that. I don't remember if I burped shortly thereafter (Usually, key indicator of Acid Reflux phenomena), but I have noticed that transient cardiac phenomena seems to love this hour, one time actually being recorded on ECG as a transient hyperacute T wave. I really try to avoid using my ECG at this hour, because I suspect the anxiety it invokes just doesn't help out with sleep (And, it probably certainly doesn't help out with any issues it might be detecting, lol.). I just went back to bed and it seemed pretty hard to sleep after that, not really sure how much I actually slept. Today has been having exercise-induced chest pain/tightness and I was getting that burning fullness in my back earlier this morning. ECG traces looked relatively normal at 1:30 p.m. (After I had some black tea), so maybe it's just my back or GERD. Maybe it's anxiety. Anyway, doing upper body strength training today and will get back to moderate 40 minute exercise after my second cup of cocoa today sometime around 5. I want to give 4 hours between lunch (1:15 p.m.) and exercise, just to keep meal-induced GERD at a minimum during exercise.

Update: 6:25 p.m. 10/17/2016

Around 4:40, I started getting this sickening nausea and discomforting chest sensation, and I drank some cocoa and drank 2 glasses of water because I felt like I was thirsty. Bam, felt (vaguely) super sleepy. I took a nap at around 4:55, got up around 6:10 and I took my ECG, and I can't really tell, but looks like possible ST elevation. Walking up the stairs about 20 seconds later, as I neared the top step, I felt this rather intense upper chest pressure/pain that didn't seem like it'd be anything close to GERD. So, I made sure the aspirin was nearby, and ate a little bit of cottage cheese - thought possibly I didn't get enough sodium in today since I didn't really seem to be falling asleep. Seemed a bit weird how I'd be feeling pretty much awake /until/ I drank some cocoa and some water, then I'd suddenly get sleepy after that, so I thought perhaps the 1000mg of sodium I've had today wasn't enough. My pee was remarkably clear, suggesting I've been drinking plenty of water, possibly flushing out sodium. I'm feeling less sleepy at the moment. I walked up 10 flights of stairs after eating the cottage cheese. Felt some of the recent chest pain/pressure, vaguely, the first few flights and seemed to dissipate after. Not sleepy at the moment, but feels like I'm latently sleepy, like it will reveal itself fully later.

Update: Still not feeling sleepy.

Okay, I'm going to make some drastic dietary changes. While I don't /strongly/ believe that my diet has anything to do with these episodes (It seems recent situational factors are probably more involved, but...), there have been some recent dietary changes in the last 2 weeks or so that might now be starting to have serious affects. While that doesn't seem entirely the whole story (I obviously started exercising because symptoms started becoming more prominent, so the idea that diet is alone responsible seems unlikely (It's very possible what's been happening is naturally progressive). But, it might be aggravating.).

A couple main changes recently:
-Eating an entire egg along with half the yolk.
-2-3 cups of greek yogurt a day.
-1/3 to 1/2 cup white rice per serving as opposed to 1/4 cup.
-Started taking cod liver oil with the vitamin D.

-I'm going to cutout the yolk in the egg completely.
-Taking greek yogurt down to 0 cups a day. [concern - excess calcium consumption. Get plenty through the greens and cheese.]
-Taking white egg powder supplements to 1-2 scoops a day.
-Replace the cod liver oil with fish consumption.
-Cut out all oils completely, not even marginally.
-Replace the white rice with corn. Consume 50g carbs per meal. [white rice can be had occasionally]
-Once I get my millet, consume 50g in the morning. Can be alternated with corn.
-Ensure 600mg-800mg of sodium per meal, 3 meals a day.

Update: Ate supper tonight, didn't have the greek yogurt. It felt like everything was going great until I had some cottage cheese, and now I feel somewhat beside myself. That's it, I'm cutting out all dairy, period.

Now on the verboten list:

Wheat
Processed grains
Commercial oils
Dairy

It's notable that the healthiest cultures in the world, historically and modern, didn't/don't consume dairy products.

Interesting, this has scientific backing.

http://www.prevention.com/health/what-happens-when-you-stop-eating-dairy
For each daily glass of milk you drink, your risk of death rises by 15%, according to a study in the BMJ. Scary stuff! Researchers found that women who downed three or more glasses of milk per day were nearly twice as likely to die over the next two decades than those who drank less than one glass daily. Researchers are pointing their finger at galactose, a simple sugar in milk that's been shown to induce oxidative stress and low-grade inflammation, which set the stage for disease.

Update: This morning, I noticed I felt rather ill after drinking the cocoa mixture. I wondered if it was the molasses or the cocoa that was having the affect (I highly doubt the water was, lol), so I drank straight cocoa just recently, and I started to also feel ill. I think I might start to back off this cocoa. I think I'll try the other cocoa I have and drink it straight, see if it has a similar affect. I've heard reports of this particular brand inducing nausea.

I think I'm going to back off the cocoa for a day, see if there's a noticeable abatement of symptoms. I'll focus on spinach, garlic and aspirin for vascular health in the meantime.

Anyway, I've figured out that egg whites protein powder apparently needs milk. Doesn't mix with water nor coconut milk. And, I'm not drinking dairy. So, it's a mystery how I'm going to consume it.

Update: 1:53 P.M. - 10/19/2016 - first day without the Cocoa. So far, no dietary induced heartache yet (Just had lunch, might be too early to tell). This morning has been a little rough as far as symptoms go, as yesterday night was a little rough, but with a little luck, hopefully it won't be so bad tonight. Time will tell if cutting out this cocoa will help, I'm not sure when I want to try out this other cocoa I have sitting in the fridge. Probably tomorrow, and I'll take half a swig towards the mid-afternoon. It'd be a bit ironic if this cocoa I've been drinking for the last 2 years was actually poisonous. If there were accumulating levels of, say, cadmium in it, I guess 2 years would be enough time to start manifesting symptoms. On one hand, you wouldn't think cocoa like that would be allowed in the United States, but then again, I know food sold on Amazon has very little FDA oversight so it wouldn't be /too surprising/ among the cheaper brands.

I still don't know if the cocoa I have is cardiotoxic, but I'm suspecting it might be. Especially since the cocoa itself seemed to directly induce heartache immediately after consumption (Both times, yesterday), and I've been having increasingly severe cardiological symptoms recently. Two days ago was getting a bit ridiculous for me (After the second drinking of the cocoa, that triggered some kind of cardio spell that lasted for a good hour at least, and 'peaked' with breathlessness earlier and some significant definitely-not-GERD chest pain climbing up at the top of the stairs), and triggered hyper-vigilance-diet mode - leave nothing unquestioned. The fact that heartache seemed to be induced the following day immediately after drinking cocoa correlates with yesterdays observations, which then leads to directly questioning the cocoa's role. It's one thing to suspect it might be causing issues, it's another thing when it's obviously causing issues of some sort immediately after consumption. Black tea, garlic, salmon, etc. doesn't have the same affect. Anyway, time will tell. I'm cutting out cocoa probably for at least a week or so.

Now I kind of wonder if I might have the blood vessels of a cocaine user. Apparently some doctor commented the only other person he's seen my age with a heart attack was a cocaine addict. [BUT... I've also seen an article online of someone my age who had one, who probably wasn't a drug user, so it's obviously possible. Though, apparently he was overweight - But, by itself, high BMI is a relatively low risk multiplier compared to other risk factors, so there's likely other (unidentified) factors largely responsible in his case.]

Anyway, the last time I had a 'serious episode' (2 days ago), I was having this kind of transient throbbing pain in my left lower lip earlier in the day that was a new symptom I've never noticed before. I've been having that this morning, but it seems less severe than two days ago.

Update: 11:00 P.M. - 10/19/2016 - First day without cocoa. Went the entire day without feeling heartache after eating food nor any other sense of 'illness'. Amazing, almost seems surreal how symptom-less eating has been today, even though that seems like it'd be rather expected. Have been getting that 'sweaty feeling' seemingly much more than normal today. I've been doing strength training exercises. My body is starting to take on the physique of a weight trainer, but it looks kind of flubby around the stomach with the pants off (Looks unbalanced). With the pants on, it looks pretty sexy, like a belly dancer (Maybe that's not 'sexy' in a guy, lol). I'm guessing the pants have the affect of squeezing the hips, pushing the blubber upwards, which looks worse with the pants off. But, maybe I just have much more visceral fat than I would've first guessed.

I found that bing maps has street-level views of areas that google maps doesn't (In particular, it had views of my neighborhood. Looks even prettier getting down on the street than up at the satellite). Just checked their maps out more, wow, pretty impressive. As of this moment, I like their maps a bit more than google's.

'The pains' have been off and on today, so not out of the woods.

I was watching youtube videos warning about cocoa's danger. Personal testimonies of people with cocoa toxicity (She did 5 ounces of cocoa for a year, I've done 1 ounce of cocoa daily for 2 years). Another person, the guy who apparently promoted cocoa in the health circles, mentioned people who had done cocoa for a couple of years, and had liver problems that couldn't be 'detoxed' like normal. Permanent liver damage. (I recently had my liver proteins tested, and they're fine)

I'm not really sure if cocoa is really the cause of my current issues... but it seems like a probable agitator and possible cause. It's a bit too early to solely blame cocoa. It may very well had been aggravating an independently progressing existing issue.

Anyway, that girls comments of the symptoms of her cocoa toxicity.

Fatigue
Nausea
Back pain

Sounds like possible heart issues to me. Anyway, yes, there seems like there's some substantial overlap between our symptoms. Not 100% overlap, but something like 60-70%.

Anyway, I calculated the longterm concentration of theobromine in the blood stream (Based on 6-10 hour half life). It's roughly 1.5-2x the daily dose. Since I had an ounce of cocoa, which contains about 300mg of theobromine, I theoretically had accumulated upto 450-600mg of theobromine. I'm 77 kg. Apparently the toxic levels start at 26mg/kg (for humans), so that would be about 2000 mg for me. If there had been a decline in theobromine filtration (Liver toxicity), the level of theobromine accumulated could've gone possibly higher.

Anyway, I wasn't /at/ the mark for theobromine toxitcity, but I seem to be close enough to possibly start seeing symptoms. And, it's quite possible I was seeing just that. Will have to cutout cocoa for a week before making that determination. And, I think I might start having black tea in the morning. The lack of 'power' this morning was noticeable. Watching the videos felt like a chore, and finishing the work was a bit harder than normal. Usually I'm utterly delighted by the videos, and it's quite fun finishing the work.

Update: 10/20/2016 - 2:52 p.m. - Yesterday, I woke up at the 1 hour mark. Took a whiz and went back to bed, largely undramatic. Then, as I was laying on my back, I started feeling this crescendoing chest discomfort that could be felt from my back, so I laid on my left side where it continued for a short while, and then started abating. When it started to abate, it felt like there was a tremendous sense of relief. Anyway, not sure what that was, but the fact it was occuring in bed could be worrying if it were of non-GERD origin. Stable Angina is not supposed to happen at rest.

Anyway, I'm going to do some hill climbing exercising now. Chest feeling a little tight today, so maybe I'll have troubles, maybe not. I'll see.

Update: 10/20/2016 - 3:41 p.m. - Just did a 36 minute 11% incline, 3 mph walk. At the 29 minute walk, I had a fleeting thought about the property, and I felt a transient ache/semi-sharp pain in the area around the sternum (About 1 inch above the sternum), and suddenly felt myself get wobbly and caught the guardrails for support. That was a bit unusual. It also felt like I was going to faint earlier this morning for a second, which seemed odd but I chalked it upto "Getting sleepy and not sleeping yet", kind of like 'nodding off'. I finished off the rest of the walk (7 minutes worth) without problems, though I was a little apprehensive for about 3 minutes afterwards. Past the first fifteen minutes (122 BPM), my HR settled at around 139-140, then after that passing pain, it seemed to recede back to 132/133 BPM. That's a bit odd that the heart rate would decline with exercise; it seems like it usually increases (never decreases, at least not historically.).

Anyway, thinking about what just happened, I was starting to see how exercise equipment fatalities might happen. Someone faints during exercise, they collapse and hit the console/side-bars/sides/something-hard just right, death. Of course, if they fainted due to an underlying cardiovascular issue, it might've happened soon anyway. But, maybe not. It seems like I've heard multiple reports of people getting CABG/Stents in their 50s/60s and living well into their 80s.

ECG waveform, 1 minute post exercise, R wave seemed a bit peaky, but I can't really tell how tall it was mv/mm wise - perhaps the T-wave much very short? Anyway, all I can ascertain is that the R-wave was approximately 6x the height of the T wave. I couldn't tell if the T-wave was normal height, because it seemed like I saw it flatten for 3 beats in a row, so it might've been smaller than normal. Anyway, the R-wave shortened about 2 minutes after exercise to 1.5x-2x the height of the T-wave, seemed more like what I would expect post exercise.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/1999/1101/p2001.html

However, exercise-related syncope always requires investigation because it may be the only symptom that precedes a sudden cardiac death. Syncope that occurs during exercise tends to be more ominous than that occurring in the postexertional state. During the physical examination, the cardiovascular system should be evaluated carefully. An electrocardiogram is mandatory and requires close scrutiny, with further testing ordered as indicated. The investigation of syncope should specifically exclude known pathologic diagnoses before a complete return to activity is permitted.

What was mercola talking about being often the first symptom noticed of heart disease? Oh, that's right, sudden death.

Why has my research into symptoms started out from the incredibly benign, than as more symptoms happen and new ones pop up, it starts to become /far/ more ominous? Like, not even, "Could be a sign of angina", but something along the lines, "High probability of CAD in the LAD" and "Could be a sign you're about to suddenly die.", lol.

("CAD in the LAD", I like the ring to it.)

I'm just hoping my research into my symptoms are like SOOOOO FAR off base. It's just that the 'objective evidence' and the nature of the symptoms have become a lot more compelling than it had historically. Like, etchy pain in my thumb and upper left rib, I can trace back to C6-C7; chest pain and syncope, cardiac. Inverted U waves, cardiac. And not even 'somewhat benign' cardiac, which seems relatively common in comparison. And, the funny thing is, it started off by googling observations first and learning what they were. Not by learning about it first, then misperceiving everything in existence as part of hypocondriatism. I never heard of U waves prior to my identification of what I was seeing on the ECG.

Update: 8:21 p.m. - 10/21/2016

Doing fine. Been busy fixing my truck today, lol. Found out

1) I need to load the truck from the front if I intend to have the rear window closed (Assuming the load prevents access to the back hinge).
2) I need to climb in the back of the truck to raise up the window, manually.

If I keep the window down, no problems, I can load from the back and open from the back no issues. I'll probably do that when doing debris removal or same-day material transport from the hardware stores or some such. If I intend on visiting multiple stores, the store requiring back loading should be last (I.e., picking up timber from the hardware store.).

And, no dizzy spells today, yay.

I drank the other brand of cocoa (Higher priced brand with reputable origins) and didn't get any chest discomfort at all. It seems very possible that the other brand might've been physically harmful (It's marketed by apparently a chinese group, so... I thought it was possibly malicious hearsay, but now I don't have a hard time believing that.). I think I'm going to cut my consumption in half, and drink the higher quality brand. But, I also want to review best practices for cocoa consumption. I'm not entirely sure drinking cocoa powder is actually ideal; I don't believe the Kuna consume the powder, they brew it and filter out the solids just as people do with coffee. So, it's like tea, they don't powderize the tea leaf and mix it in the water, they extract the essence by steeping it in hot (boiling) water and keep the solid contents away from the water; they don't powderize the solid contents and mix the powder in.

Invention Idea!
If ya ever been to a hospital you have seen wires, sensors, and machines to read vital signs, body temperature, blood pressure, pulse (heart rate), crackshaft position sensor, breathing rate, respiratory rate, geiger counter, and a gyroscope.

Here is how my invention works. Bunch of wires and sensors attach to your body. Data is transmitted wirelessly to a smart phone. Other people will see you spending the whole day looking at your phone. They will think that you are one of those people who spend all day looking at their phones. Why is everyone looking at their phones? Pokémon? pornography? Wires, sensors, and transmitting equipment will be hidden under your clothing. No one will know that you are a medical basket case.

marty said:
Invention Idea!
If ya ever been to a hospital you have seen wires, sensors, and machines to read vital signs, body temperature, blood pressure, pulse (heart rate), crackshaft position sensor, breathing rate, respiratory rate, geiger counter, and a gyroscope.

Here is how my invention works. Bunch of wires and sensors attach to your body. Data is transmitted wirelessly to a smart phone. Other people will see you spending the whole day looking at your phone. They will think that you are one of those people who spend all day looking at their phones. Why is everyone looking at their phones? Pokémon? pornography? Wires, sensors, and transmitting equipment will be hidden under your clothing. No one will know that you are a medical basket case.

Well, there's a wonderful diagnostic device used in Isaac Asimov's novels. When you're going out on a intergalactic journey that's far away from medical services, it pays to have a device like this. It scans the entire body and detects medical problems early so they can be treated/corrected when they have the greatest chance of being fixed and optimally treated. Anyone else who's going on a journey that requires good health to complete the journey and is far away from emergency medical services would definitely benefit from Isaac's fictional handheld whole body scanner, and I wouldn't call them crazy if they've been suffering from episodes that have had definite cardiac involvement. It's so easy to say that when nothing is really happening to you, or it's something very common and nonlethal like .... coughing .... but a series of inexplicable recurring nocturnal panic attacks out of the blue, followed by increasingly violent nocturnal panic attacks later on, that then is followed by even more disturbing nocturnal episodes (not even really panic attacks this time; just straight on attacks.) that goes along with indications of /marked/ declining cardiovascular fitness levels without obvious explanation.... (But, no evidence of markedly declined upperbody strength levels - I can still push out 34 pushups like a champ. That's surprising, since I haven't been doing any upperbody strength training but I've regularly been doing running and biking interval training.)

I'm sorry, but if you're not actually experiencing that kind of shit and apparently have little capacity to fully understand the implications of that as it relates to future plans, I don't want to hear your shortsighted comments or insults. Granted, perhaps you're insulting me because you consider me an enemy and not because you lack understanding? If that's the case, kindly frock off.

I+believe+that+you+re+trying+to+change+the+subject+i+_ff39d431f4b7a44f27beafe36c6a1194.jpg

Perhaps someone's reading this who fits none of those categories (Or if they do, it's only marginally /sometimes/ and the posts have redeeming qualities of some sort.). If that's the case, I welcome your posts.

If you aren't simply here to insult me, you're likely not the numbtard this post is directed towards.

See those lengthy posts back there? That's my medical journal - I've reserved all those posts so that it remains 'effectively historical' to all onlookers so you guys who are interested in the most recent dialogue won't be bothered with it (I.e., THIS POST and ALL RECENT NEW POSTS). If you don't/won't/haven't read it, that's kind of the point, lol. If you're bothered with it, don't purposefully seek it out and read it you morons. There's a reason why I don't read romance novels in my spare time. Do you know what the point of that is? To see trends and make accurate inferences with new information as its becomes known, and use the new inferences to (hopefully) reduce symptoms and improve outcomes. I need a good understanding of my health, and its capabilities, and need a 'good outcome' to take down a forest. What's this thread about? Oh yeah, that's right, buying land and taking down a forest. Capiche?

And that reminds me... I should do it now rather than later...

Well said, more power to ya! I hope the starting/planning process continues to go well for the land. I've been 'planning' similar for a few years but am not sure when I'll break free and actually do it. I've set my goals too high for money at hand, alongside the selling prices for my property here too high also, apparently. Could be any day tho honestly, for something, and health be damned. Fixating on something isn't always the route to health. But at least always working towards a goal, is a good goal. Nature and good honest hard work. I have to admit I'd miss alot of this weird non personal interaction with who knows who on the inter nets, but what the hell ya gotta set priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back