Can you use KT Kungeg LCD8H 48V on 60V battery?

trufinv

100 mW
Hello, I am planning to modify my battery from 48v 13s to 60v 16s.
I have a 50A KT sine wave controller. I know that needs to have the caps changed from 63v to 100v and probably the 15v supply also.
However I am not sure about the LCD8H display.
Can anyone confirm it works on 60v batteries? I do expect the battery bars to be full most the time and have no problem with that but I'm just concerned something might fail.

Thanks in advance.

1678004999420.png

I don't know for certain on yours, but some of these displays (and other things) use a regulator chip only good to about 60-63v.

If so, there is a thread here somewhere about overvolting a controller that discusses using an LM317 (or other regulator) to drop the battery voltage to the display, which also drops the voltage to the controller's LVPS (since that is provided by the display when the display is used to turn the controller on). The controller would still be powered directly from the battery for the power stage.

I don't know for certain on yours, but some of these displays (and other things) use a regulator chip only good to about 60-63v.

If so, there is a thread here somewhere about overvolting a controller that discusses using an LM317 (or other regulator) to drop the battery voltage to the display, which also drops the voltage to the controller's LVPS (since that is provided by the display when the display is used to turn the controller on). The controller would still be powered directly from the battery for the power stage.
Thanks for the reply. I have read about this possibility on another thread. I was really hoping to be able to keep the voltage in order to have the proper voltage display. Still keeping some hope that it would run fine at 67.2v

Thanks for the reply. I have read about this possibility on another thread. I was really hoping to be able to keep the voltage in order to have the proper voltage display. Still keeping some hope that it would run fine at 67.2v
I see 48V; 60V; 72V; and 24V/36V/48V versions of that display for sale. I also see this version that covers the whole voltage range:
You could always take a chance, and if you fry the display, get one for 60V or the full range.

I see 48V; 60V; 72V; and 24V/36V/48V versions of that display for sale. I also see this version that covers the whole voltage range:
I know, at the time of purchase I had no plan to modify the battery unfortunately. It sometimes happens that you get those ideas only when it's a bit too late.
I have a smart bms that can go up to 21s and the battery casing can fit up to 16s9p

Back