CHEAP NEW ORIGINAL 18650 21700 BATTERY CELLS, POUCHES AND PACKS

Got mine today, very well packaged (didn't stop UK parcelforce giving it a ding, but hell I can spare one cell!).

Loved that they were wrapped in pages from Hans Christian Andersen!

Time to build that 10S6P pack for my A2B!

Attachments

• IMG_4618.JPG
    IMG_4618.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 4,706
  • IMG_4619.JPG
    IMG_4619.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 4,706
  • IMG_4621.JPG
    IMG_4621.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 4,706
i would bin the cell with the bump on it. I had a bump on one of my US18650V3 cell and it became a hole later on.

Hopefully it didn't exploded, but you are never too sure.

Safety first!

Already wrapped up in tape and in my metal bin full of sand.

Did you notice I'd scored a real bargain on a charger recently? :)

pdarnett said:

I didn't notice that this cell was damaged. Maybe my fault or deliverer. I thought that I checked all :(
If sometimes some cells are damaged in pack I always write to buyer about it and I add bonus cells.
I will make refund for that ofc or bonus cells in next order (if will) :D

LG cells are really as good as promised, despite the very little information available, I've tested them and pretty sure they are 2850mah as rated. Under 0.5C not voltage sag appreciable. This is my report and pack made with those cells. Thank You tumich! You will be legend.

[youtube]5L9hOVG_0RQ[/youtube]

pdarnett said:

Yes you indeed got a very good deal. The 24V 200W power supply is a completely fanless and robust power supply as well as the 600W DC-DC converter with CC-CV. You should be happy with it if you need high voltage silence charging.

Nobuo said:
LG cells are really as good as promised, despite the very little information available, I've tested them and pretty sure they are 2850mah as rated. Under 0.5C not voltage sag appreciable. This is my report and pack made with those cells. Thank You tumich! You will be legend.

[youtube]5L9hOVG_0RQ[/youtube]

Thanks for feedback. Your selfmade pack looks amazing!

That pack looks great, good job there! Where did you get your nickel strip from, I'm having trouble getting some in the uk. Im wanting the 10mm stuff.

pdarnett said:
That pack looks great, good job there! Where did you get your nickel strip from, I'm having trouble getting some in the uk. Im wanting the 10mm stuff.
http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/free-shipping-1m-long-10WX0-15T-mm-Pure-Ni-plate-Nickel-strip-tape-for-battery-welding/209428_875078077.html

pdarnett said:

Thanks!

in the video You can see these, 19$ 10m: http://aliexpress.com/item/Free-shi...ylindrical/2050759694.html?recommendVersion=1

And if You don't mind a little more work, those has an unbeatable price/weight, just made "two paralleled bridges and two layers" I've used those ones also and are very much easier and quickier to spot weld: http://aliexpress.com/item/100pcs-N...-Equipment/1688446800.html?recommendVersion=1

My research reveal Samsung INR18650-xxx batteriets being NCA.

Honk said:
My research reveal Samsung INR18650-xxx batteriets being NCA.

Same. Better calendar life/energy density than NCM (IMR-xxx), but less power density, it seems. But they can still accept a pretty good charge rate, and their capacity loss really slows down after 80%. So they're an awesome choice for anything that doesn't need power density.

Really love NCA if they keep up to their promises.
I have ordered 200pcs of Samsung INR18650-29E and will build 2 sets of bike batteries.
Each build contaning 96 cells in 8p12s configuration. With BMS and equalization charger.

The good thing is that I can use them as well with my outboard trolling motor (with a DC-DC convertor down to 12V).
Very sturdy and lightweight compared to equivalent power from SLA's.

Great news... I just received my 200pcs of Samsung cells.
They were very well packed with separating paper walls between the cell packs.
Each pack was well wrapped in thick layers of bubble wrap and tape.
The parcel was fully filled up with soft newspaper as cell protection.

All packs have a measured resting voltage of 36V (3.6V per cell).
Only one of the packs left me wondering due to some white dust covering the pack at several areas all over. (The far right pack)
Could it be that this pack have been previously used and the cells is not new or it the dust coming from some other source?
The dusty pack has 3.6V per cell resting voltage so that part seems fine. Hopefully the dusty pack is all new and OK.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 4,521
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 4,521
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 4,521
Honk said:
Great news... I just received my 200pcs of Samsung cells.
They were very well packed with separating paper walls between the cell packs.
Each pack was well wrapped in thick layers of bubble wrap and tape.
The parcel was fully filled up with soft newspaper as cell protection.

All packs have a measured resting voltage of 36V (3.6V per cell).
Only one of the packs left me wondering due to some white dust covering the pack at several areas all over. (The far right pack)
Could it be that this pack have been previously used and the cells is not new or it the dust coming from some other source?
The dusty pack has 3.6V per cell resting voltage so that part seems fine. Hopefully the dusty pack is all new and OK.

Don't worry, all packs are brand new. Few packs had some dusts hope that because of "splashed" paint/silicone for marking cells in part like this on screen below ;)

Thanks tumich. Good news. I also think the cells are fine.
Now I just have build it all as I have planned it.

Hey Guys,
I need to resuscitate my A2B Metro internal frame pack. The configuration in 20S2P. This would be my first battery build so I'm looking for advice and answers to some very basic questions. Am I right to assume that I would be able to use most of the current spot welds on these Samsung cells? Could I do the rest with an 80W iron? Thanks guys!

Hello.
Although the ideal is spot welding.
You can solder iron whenever you leave part of the plate of cells and welded on it, not to give too hot to cells.
A greeting.

Config is actually 6p 10s, I'm just rebuilding a pack for mine.
image001.jpg

Thanks pdarnett. Did you reuse the connectors or create that from scratch? Are you using a spot welder? I think I need to do some more homework before jumping into this project.

Thats how the original pack looks. I'm rebuilding by soldering to the tabs of my new cells in the same configuration 10s 6p. I'm using thick 32A solid copper wire to connect the cells together.

I guess mine are still on the"slow boat".
otherDoc

Back