CHEAP NEW ORIGINAL 18650 21700 BATTERY CELLS, POUCHES AND PACKS

My cells arrived today! Very well packaged, and all the cells are well balanced. Thanks Tumich!

Askor,

Where are you located and how long did it take? Any photos?

I ordered 80 Samsung cells shipping to Chicago. I know i am in for a pretty long wait. Worth it

Current said:
Askor,

I ordered 80 Samsung cells shipping to Chicago. I know i am in for a pretty long wait. Worth it

Nice nickname! make it worth :mrgreen:

All the pain waiting for tumich stuff will be exchanged with amazing cells inside the best packaging ever seen (China should learn from him)

Current said:
Askor,

I'm in New Zealand, and waited 4 months for them to arrive. However this was before Tumich had his faster shipping option.

It takes boats a very long time to go from Poland to New Zealand it seems!

The cells are exactly the same as all the other cells on this thread - have a look through the pages, there are tonnes of pictures :D

I've had the Samsung 29E cells for some time now. They are saggy but do have lots of capacity per kilo, not mentioning how great value they are.

miuan said:
I've had the Samsung 29E cells for some time now. They are saggy but do have lots of capacity per kilo, not mentioning how great value they are.

How many percent voltage drop at what C rate?

I bought 120 Samsung 29E cells just over a week ago as it looked like they were slightly better than LG MG1 while being better value for money than the Panasonic cells. I plan on running them at 0.25 to 0.5 C with possible bursts of 2C so I'm hoping there won't be a lot of voltage sag.

flangefrog said:
miuan said:

How many percent voltage drop at what C rate?

I bought 120 Samsung 29E cells just over a week ago as it looked like they were slightly better than LG MG1 while being better value for money than the Panasonic cells. I plan on running them at 0.25 to 0.5 C with possible bursts of 2C so I'm hoping there won't be a lot of voltage sag.

Don't worry mate.
Look on datasheet:
"Max. Discharge Current: 2,750mAh (continuous discharge), 8250mAh (not for continuous discharge)"
but some sources tell that max cont is 5,7A like here:
http://www.best18650battery.com/
On first page and discharge graph few page before on this topic. One guy made review.

Received my 10s3p Samsung pack yesterday; economy shipping took 7 weeks from payment to delivery to Phoenix. As everyone else has said well packed and perfectly balanced (3.62 volts).

Happy that plastic cell retainer intact, unfortunate that weld tabs were ALL removed. So I ordered nickel solder tabs, 60/40 solder, and will follow the best soldering advise from ES, Youtube, etc.

Pack will initially go in a fabric triangle bag, but looking at AliExpress for a lockable hardcase that will accept the Bosch form-factor.

Many thanks Tumich!

Received all my cells today, very, very well packaged. No way a battery could be damaged during shipping in that package. It took exactly a week for them to come. Received most of them in bulk, and a couple of 40-cell holders. The batteries in the 40-cell holders are fully welded and ready to use.
He's is a great guy, helped me a lot as I had many questions. I was kinda going back and fourth a couple of times on which cells I was going to buy, but he was nice, patient and advised me.

Thank you again Tumich!

What would the capacity for each of these cells be at -20c?

Which of these cell lose the least amount of capacity at -20c?

Thanks

bowlofsalad said:

Thanks

I haven't tested but producer wrote that operating temperature of discharge is from -20'C-60'C (Samsung), Panasonic similar or little better. Hope that maybe few % less.

tumich said:
bowlofsalad said:

Thanks

I haven't tested but producer wrote that operating temperature of discharge is from -20'C-60'C (Samsung), Panasonic similar or little better. Hope that maybe few % less.

Summary of capacities at -10c
Panasonic NCR18650PF 2450mah
LG ICR18650MG1 1960mah
Samsung INR18650-29E 1710mah

So to answer this question, I am guessing it's the panasonic NCR18650PF by a hefty margin.

I am not perfectly confident in this post, but I am guessing this information is fairly close overall.

Most cells have that claimed temperature operational discharge range, 60c to -20c, it means very little alone. Much like how you'll often find a cells rated capacity at a certain draw (1a vs 10a, and so on), capacity loss at a certain temperature varies from chemistry to chemistry and by more than a little.

...................................................................................................................
Samsung INR18650-29E
Source: http://shop.battex.cz/pdf/INR18650-29E.pdf
View attachment INR18650-29E.pdf
Samsung INR18650-29E is claimed to be 60% relative capacity at -10c. Maybe this means nominal capacity (2850mah) multiplied by .6, which comes to be 1710mah.
...................................................................................................................
Panasonic NCR18650PF
Source: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0674/3651/files/Panasonic_NCR18650PF.pdf View attachment Panasonic_NCR18650PF.pdf
nc18650pf temperature discharge.png
I have trouble matching this chart up accurately to the notion of relative capacity, perhaps I don't understand but it looks like 2450mah at -10c.
LG ICR18650MG1
Source: http://www.batteryspace.com/prod-specs/5702_5.pdf
View attachment 5702_5.pdf
LG ICR18650MG1 is claimed to be 70% capacity at -10c. So, again, perhaps it's nominal capacity (2800mah) multiplied by .7 which comes to 1960mah.

bowlofsalad said:
tumich said:
bowlofsalad said:

Thanks

Summary of capacities at -10c
Panasonic NCR18650PF 2450mah
LG ICR18650MG1 1960mah
Samsung INR18650-29E 1710mah

So to answer this question, I am guessing it's the panasonic NCR18650PF by a hefty margin.

I am not perfectly confident in this post, but I am guessing this information is fairly close overall.

Most cells have that claimed temperature operational discharge range, 60c to -20c, it means very little alone. Much like how you'll often find a cells rated capacity at a certain draw (1a vs 10a, and so on), capacity loss at a certain temperature varies from chemistry to chemistry and by more than a little.

Samsung INR18650-29E
Source: http://shop.battex.cz/pdf/INR18650-29E.pdf

Samsung INR18650-29E is claimed to be 60% relative capacity at -10c. Maybe this means nominal capacity (2850mah) multiplied by .6, which comes to be 1710mah.
Panasonic NCR18650PF
Source: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0674/3651/files/Panasonic_NCR18650PF.pdf View attachment 2
View attachment 3
I have trouble matching this chart up accurately to the notion of relative capacity, perhaps I don't understand but it looks like 2450mah at -10c.
LG ICR18650MG1
Source: http://www.batteryspace.com/prod-specs/5702_5.pdf
View attachment 1
LG ICR18650MG1 is claimed to be 70% capacity at -10c. So, again, perhaps it's nominal capacity (2800mah) multiplied by .7 which comes to 1960mah.

Good to know.. but If You have info about capacity under -20'C why You ask before about it? :D
Btw who ride a bike on -20'C? Li-po have for sure less capacity than li-ion below 0'C :p

opperpanter said:
Do you accept payments in euros (to avoid currency fees)?
Sure, by bank transfer and PayPal. If have question msg by private message then answer is faster.

tumich said:
If You have info about capacity under -20'C why You ask before about it? :D

I didn't have that information when I asked. I had to dig for a while to find it and then write it out. The information I listed was for -10c, the -20c information doesn't appear to be available for all three chemistries(I wasn't able to find it). But you can see pretty clearly that the panasonic NCR18650PF chemistry loses much less capacity in the cold.

I honestly wish there was a chart of various chemistries with all of their data in spreadsheets and charts including this type of information.

tumich said:
Btw who ride a bike on -20'C?

I have ridden in -25c, eh.

[/quote]

Good to know.. but If You have info about capacity under -20'C why You ask before about it? :D
Btw who ride a bike on -20'C? Li-po have for sure less capacity than li-ion below 0'C :p[/quote]

I do ride during winter and some days it's -20 to -24C yes. It's Canada! :)
I noticed that battery loses some of its strength but still works.

Back