connecting my motor to a phaserunner

rheo

1 mW
I have a hub motor with what I believe is a JULET L1121 (female) plug - 11 pin - pic below.

I'd like to buy a Grin phaserunner controller. Should I get the L10 or MT version?

Most importantly, is there an adapter cable harness I can get for this?

PXL_20240203_005740580.jpg

I've seen those on Bafang hubmotor copies, but no clue what they're called. Sift through these....

Which version to get depends on how you want to create a wiring harness for your system.

The L10 version has all the motor wiring in the single cable and "waterproof" connector; the cable is long enough to change connectors or repair if needed.

The MT version has separate connectors at the controller for halls and phases, and you have to work out how to get these to your motor's single connector. It uses a JST-SM for the halls, which is not waterproof, and has been known in various usages to have assorted connection issues. The cable from the controller is very short so it might be tough to put a different connector on or repair that one if the need arose.

I don't know of an adapter from either one to your motor connector (haven't actually seen that one before). You could splice a cable together: get the L10 cable end (or MT/JST) from Grin along with the PR, and find a source for a cable end with your connector on it (such as from the previous controller, or an extension cable, etc). (I did this for my PR6 to an old A2B Ultramotor for the SB Cruiser trike).

Hi, I had a similar obstacle with my bike. I was going to solve this by keeping the motor L1121, but resoldering the controller side to work with another L1121. Since the L1121 cable I had wasn't color coded correctly and I had to know the correct phase/hall combination I started looking for pin diagram and possible adapters. I found a pin diagram by asking a b2b alibaba seller: 1711275474095.png
During this I have, after a very long time, also found some sellers on aliexpress which sell fatbike motors (G062) with this new so called _ G11.6_ connector. They apparently add this adapter to anyones order with the new with new connector, but they don't sell it seperately. But after contacting the seller he was willing to sell it seperately for ~39USD, which is fair as an extension cable for this connector gets you close to 40 too. (idk if allowed to link).
1711275737814.png
Why they don't sell the adapter seperately on a page? I have no clue, no other sellers sell these adapters yet either. Not even grin :(. Probably because the market is really small and slow, since the connector is very new and barely used(only on new bafang iirc).

I hope I made myself useful for you or others with the same issue, this is one of the only results on google for L1121 connector.

Back