Controller issues

doublej74

10 µW
Hi all I ha e a problem with my stuff ooter controller. It is a 48 v 25a controller off of a bogist c1 pro. I think I got water or moisture inside of the motor, thus causing a short on the yellow phase wire. Anyway long story short I opened the controller and all looks good except for a capacitor came off of the board and was just rolling around inside. I want to reattach it , but not sure what posts to solder where. I can see where one post was, but not the other. Any help would be great. I will attach the pic and we can go from there .

Attachments

• mir_20240401_144303.jpg
    mir_20240401_144303.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
A shorted yellow phase wire could have damaged a fet.

The capacitor rolling around could have damaged/shorted something else on the controller.

Dont bother with any fixes, just replace the controller, if its not specifically "locked" to the brand.

Hard to tell from the pic, but looks like there's debris from an exploded capacitor, etc. hanging around.

If so, you can't just reattach the cap, you'd have to replace it with a new one to the place the original one was mounted.

Each of the three phases should be laid out the same, so the points the other caps are connected to on those phases should be the same on this one.

Note that any short on a phase wire will be shorting that phase to something else.

If it's just another phase wire, it usually destroys the FETs on those phases, and can also destroy their gate drivers. There are tests on ebikes.ca 's learn-troubleshooting pages for FETs.

If its a hall sensor or speed sensor or thermal sensor, it's putting battery voltage on the 5v / signal lines, which usually destroys the MCU (brain) of the controller, which isn't repairable.

If it actually shorts to the 5v supply, it can take out everything that was connected to that; MCU, halls, throttle, etc.

…except for a capacitor came off of the board and was just rolling around inside. I want to reattach it , but not sure what posts to solder where. I can see where one post was, but not the other. Any help would be great. I will attach the pic and we can go from there .
If you look at the other capacitors, you will see that the circuit board has a circle, with the mounting holes labeled with polarities. Find the circle with the missing capacitor. The side of the capacitor has symbols to identify the negative leg. Mount and resolder the capacitor following the polarities printed on the board.

Back