Controller mod

12v battery is dead at 12v any lower your doing damage to the battery
for your 60v setup fully charged would be 66.5v so set lvc at 60 and start there
you can always reajust the lvc but if you set it to low to start with you will have a bunch of dead or weakened bats with much lower ah...jmo

Tnaks guys that sounds good I guess I'll try 60 and see how that works out because they are sla's and I don't want to damage them eventhough I'm selling my bike..(new project coming soon :lol: 0

New problem.. I went for a ride and my bike ran great. I got home and shut it off for a bit, then turned it back on and it wouldn't run. I hooked the controller straight to the batteries, and it still didn't run. I even lowered the lvc to 31v, and nothing..any suggestions?

shortcircuit911 said:
New problem.. I went for a ride and my bike ran great. I got home and shut it off for a bit, then turned it back on and it wouldn't run. I hooked the controller straight to the batteries, and it still didn't run. I even lowered the lvc to 31v, and nothing..any suggestions?

fuse,fried switch...shorted wire
i did the same thing with my modded 9fet the nothing well studder
check everything
throttle fried
pull out dmm and follow the power path from batteries forward

I hooked the controller straight to the batteries, so i eliminated the breaker and switch. I checked the voltage on the board and it was 65v. I swapped the throttle as well and no go. I even checked my throttle and hall sensors and they were fine..

hook everything up exept for the battery and try to spin the wheel by hand?
any resistance or does it spin normal?

shortcircuit911 said:
I hooked everything up minus the battery, and the wheel spun fine. I even set the lvc all the way down to 21v and still no go.

Hi Shortcircuit! I'm afraid that the voltage regulator was suffered and damaged due to insufficient supplied voltage since you had the LVC set to low and did not reduce the resistance on the power resistors. You can confirm that buy the voltage of the voltage regulator output leads and possibly replace it. :)

Lyen

Best thing to do is crack it open and test the voltage comming out of the regulator as lyen described, But I don't think you fried the regulator. Unless you stupidly took your packs down lower then 10.5V each (52.5v total) Then you could have damaged something in there that way. Even the SLA's. You may have fried something else from pushing too much current without enough modification.

660ohms resistance is just about perfect for 60v nominal (66v Peak)
860ohms resistance is just about perfect for 72v nominal (79v Peak)

Ok thanks guys. I will check the voltage coming out of the regulator. I will also change the resistors to (2) 330 ohm resistors. If my voltage regulator is blown would it be better to replace it with the same kind or with a 7805? I have a room full of blown controllers, so I'm sure I can find one.

24-25 is normal, so you didn't blow it.

If my voltage regulator is blown would it be better to replace it with the same kind or with a 7805? I have a room full of blown controllers

The regulator should be replaced with the same model as it has.

You have a room full of blown controllers? Maybe I can fix them? :D

Ya they are from a few x-treme xb 508's and xb 600's..There might even be some veloteq controllers in there as well.most of them are for brushed motors.U want a couple?

So I got a new controller from ebikekit along with lipos and I need to reprogram it. Does anyone know off the top of their head what the lvc should be set to for a 44v setup? Also do I need to change the resistors in the controller? Any help would be much appreciated.

Depends on the cells you are using. SLA's will be 10.5 or 10.75v per cell. Lipo's are 3.0V per cell, and lifepo4's are 2.0V per cell. Add up the cells. I usually do like 2.4 or 2.5V per cell on my A123's, just to be carefull incase some cells drop lower and not equal to. 23 cells X 2.4 = 55V LVC setting.

Thanks for the reply TMaster. I'm going to run this controller on lipo's. I just blew my 9FET with my 80-100b outrunner so now I'm going to get a 12 FET from Lyen with the 4110's like yours. I saw your thread on your mods and you did a really good job. Hopefully mine holds up nicely.

In the RC world we usually have our LVC for lipo's 3.1V or 3.2V per cell.

The 12 mosfetter ROCKS!

Back