cruiser bike 2

tartosuc said:
HI,

so here the almost final work,

I've works a lot on the latest details and adjustements.
went for a test ride today, works really good. but the seat is really not good. Iw illl have to fon something else..

to do list.:
-stich velcro final to the vynil
-find a better seat
-adjust air in suspension...
-may some pinstriping.

Nice work!!!

Are you from somewhere in Quebec? (look like it) If so ...maybe we can go Ebike together sometimes!

Robin

Hope you don't mind me mentioning this build on our forum. F'ING SWEET! I added some pictures and a link back to Endless Sphere - and this post. Just want to give people an idea of how cool an e-bike can be!

http://www.eco-wheelz.com/forum/topic.php?id=1341

Verry verrrrry verrrrrrry nice! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

i gott admit... that is a BADASS looking ride! Nice work Tartosuc. That frame has come a long way from originally being a bed frame. (hehehe)
I love the low slung looking profile of the whole thing and the FAT tires. Just don't get your pant leg caught in that long chain. :mrgreen:
I hope it rides as well as it looks.

Awesome build. How does it ride? Should be good with the batts low like that. Looks like those 17 ah batts should give good range too. I gotta get to building again....

hi all,

the bike was riding really sweet untill last week, i was using the bike daily on my commute to work, i had about 500km on it so far, i was checking the frame before evry ride for signs of defects(cracks, loosses etc).
Last thurday on my way back from work, i heard a suddent "crack" :shock: and 1 second later i was on the ground...from what i can see a defective weld at the head tube combine with the head angle and weight of the batteries resulted in the head tube to completely sheared off the frame when i was rinding it at 30km\h...
i crashed hard and broke my humrus by the shoulder... i guess my welding skills are not as good as I tought!

I now have several metal plates and screws in my arm to keep everything in place...i'm out of e-biking and work for at least 3 months.

thanks

Just read thru this build thread for the 1st. Nice looking machine.

Duuude that sucks. Get better quick like.

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if a front suspension would make for less peak stress? Hope you heal completely.

tartosuc said:
hi all,

the bike was riding really sweet untill last week, i was using the bike daily on my commute to work, i had about 500km on it so far, i was checking the frame before evry ride for signs of defects(cracks, loosses etc).
Last thurday on my way back from work, i heard a suddent "crack" :shock: and 1 second later i was on the ground...from what i can see a defective weld at the head tube combine with the head angle and weight of the batteries resulted in the head tube to completely sheared off the frame when i was rinding it at 30km\h...
i crashed hard and broke my humrus by the shoulder... i guess my welding skills are not as good as I tought!

I now have several metal plates and screws in my arm to keep everything in place...i'm out of e-biking and work for at least 3 months.

thanks

Did you break the straight bone part of the humerus or did you break the humerus head (shoulder ball) like I did? If you broke the straight bone part then it's not as serious as breaking the ball.

Ouch! Tartosuc I feel for you man. What a coincidence.... I fell off my e-bike too just 6 months ago and also broke my shoulder. I had a multi-part fracture of the humerus head (right shoulder ball). It hurt and it really sucked. It also kept me off my e-bike for about 3- 1/2 months.

I had 3 separate surgeries, steel plate and 12 screws to fix my shoulder too. The shoulder is still stiff and not at 100%. I'm still recovering and going to physical therapy. I'm told it could take a full year and a half to fully recovered and regain full range of motion.

Anyway too bad about your e-bike too. It was looking really sweet! Hope you can recover and get it working again and really beef up the welds.

hi
thanks for the kind words.

i broke the humerus head, multiple pieces... i have a good friend who's a therapist specialized in theses types of injurys so i thats gonna be the best help i can get!i'm not sur i will re-weld a complete frame by myself for ebiking, at least i will have some critical welds done by a pro! :)

tartosuc said:
hi

i broke the humerus head, multiple pieces... :)

Wow Tartosuc ... Same exact injury! :shock:
So your plate and screws should look identical to mine.
Here's the technical illustration of what the plate and screws look like, and here's my x-ray.
HumerusPlate1.jpg

HumerusPlate2.jpg

tartosuc said:
hi
thanks for the kind words.

i broke the humerus head, multiple pieces... i have a good friend who's a therapist specialized in theses types of injurys so i thats gonna be the best help i can get!i'm not sur i will re-weld a complete frame by myself for ebiking, at least i will have some critical welds done by a pro! :)

Perhaps a gusset could be added next time to strengthen the join. I see you used a old bed frame, this steel probably isn't the best to use
either, next time perhaps a thicker walled tubing with gussets to make for stronger join.

Hope you heal up good as new in quick time too

Crap dude. What a bummer. That was so beautiful, but like a beautifull woman, mabye deadly. Heal well. We should start a metal shoulder crashed on the ebike club.

Broken humerus not so humorous. :?

Get well soon.

Great looking ride. :mrgreen:

heres a picture of the repair!

i guess i will beep going trough metal detector at the airport now!

operationresize.jpg

Hi all
After 5 years out of ebiking due to frame failing, I'm back with another project.

I will not weld a frame this time(obviously i'm not good enough at welding to risk another ebike injury). So i will be using a downhill bike frame..
I've been looking for a frame for a while when a friend of mine called me saying he was giving me his old titus quasimoto dh... Since i already own a good dh bike, the titus will be a Perfect platform for an ebike. I will be going for the supermotar look this time.
This time i will be going with a rear motor and lithium.

Its long time project, i have a house now and need tonput $$$ into the house first, but my goal is to have it ready for next summer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,782
Back