• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Cyclone Motor doesn't turn, (with 2000W KT Controller)

jnlk6

10 mW
My cyclone motor (1800-3000W) doesn't turn, by hand I can do it with any problem. The motor makes noise, but it won't turn. I have it connected with a KT-Controller which I ordered on Aliexpress from Passion Ebike. It has a white wire on the hall sensor cable, which I couldn't connect to the motor, because there isnt 6 cables, only 5 (the white one doesnt exist). So I'm not sure if the controller cannot controll the cyclone motor. Because, the key and the throttles work. Only when I twist the throttle the motor only give a high noise from it. Could it be, that I have to connect the Green to Yellow and Yellow go green? I read about it.

Yes.. It might be the color codes don't match. The white is usually a speed sensor and shouldn't stop it from working. You have to switch the bigger phase wires, and the corresponding Hall wires. Making an actual written chart of combos already tried helps a lot. I think with a Cyclone if it runs backwards it won't matter with the freewheel, but watch it for bikes with a direct hookup to the cranks or a hub motor... The unexpected backwards spinning can cause some chaos.

Ok thanks Sir. I will try it out! And couldn't it be that the controller doesn't work with the cyclone(, but I dont think so)?

I have the 2019 Cyclone 3k motor from GNG , Since I already had a couple of controllers I did not buy the controller at the same time / from GNG,
So
This is what I went through , ( scroll down about 60% down the page to where I write about backwards running and read all posts after that )

... https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=98940

Back