Demographics?

Ok, I'll tell a bit about myself.

I'm 64, well, I'll be in a month. 7 kids, 3 ex wives and many horses kept me young. They taught me to be patient and work hard, along with the fact that I was born on a farm.

I ride horses and dirt bikes, always did. Cool with horse, hard with bikes, found a balance. :wink:

My work is mostly historical restoration, architectural and ornamental design and craftmanship. I still work everyday with a 2 apprentices, but spend less time at it since the kids are independant and my ex-wifes are re-married. The horses and the bikes keep me busy the rest of the day, evenings are spent with friends in the lively athmosphere of the "quartier latin" in Montreal, city of the neverending festivals.

Attachments

• Imgp1727.jpg
    Imgp1727.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 2,740
50 y/o gay male here. No kids and no husband but enjoying life like a 13 y/o. Nothing feels better than the feel of my ebike on the open road! Started flying RC planes 20 years ago and gravitated to electric power. Fascinated by the power and endurance of brushless motors and lipo batteries; easy move to ebikes after that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-U3gy_vMTc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-N7WEY231I

georgefromvt said:
50 y/o gay male here. No kids and no husband but enjoying life like a 13 y/o. Nothing feels better than the feel of my ebike on the open road! Started flying RC planes 20 years ago and gravitated to electric power. Fascinated by the power and endurance of brushless motors and lipo batteries; easy move to ebikes after that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-U3gy_vMTc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-N7WEY231I

Dude! I've seen your videos (rc planes) before. I don't remember when, but it was probably linked through the Rcgroups. I always got banned from that site for my liberal attitude in the politics area. I was the guy (two years ago) flying a Hobbyzone Supercub with a Casio Exilim inside the fuselage. I didn't have much success and fought a tree for three weeks to get it back.

Small world.

Pie chart? Graph? With all the engineers and geeks responding to this post, why doesn't someone create a graph, chart to show "average" or "medium" age sex etc? Something like a BMI graph; plug in your weight/height and bam you got your BMI.
http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm

25, no wife or kids, living downtown in Ottawa Ontario; i'm three minutes from our Parliament buildings. I went to an Art high School for music, and at one point I was the Wind Instrument Grade Ten Conservatory winner of the annual Canada wide competition , and i played a RECORDER. Played piano sax and oboe in high school and then immediately abandoned music after HS. Ive done three years at Ottawa U towards a political science degree and then dropped it because i hated the academic environment. I am now at Algonquin College for Robotics and I am freaking loving it. For two years I've been repairing and assembling bikes for a company called Profix; we work for Walmarts and Canadian Tires, so lowest of the low quality wise :p. A lot of the derailers need to be bent into the right position.
My ambition with ebikes is to make it my life; I want to build frames from scratch, design a new throttle assembly, work on a torque control throttle, look at direct electric transmission, and basically just work in the industry.

24yrs, spent the last 5 years traveling chasing the snow. come back home now, studying electrical engineering. always wanted to build a board thats a cross between a snowbard and a skidoo. still secretly want to run away and keep chasing the snow :twisted:

Age 59 and married for 33 years.

Healthcare scientist in Radiology.

I live in McCall Idaho
41 married two kids 6 and 8 one of each
Mostly I'm a stay at home dad but I do snow sports instructing in the winter. I used to do general contracting during the summer but contracting has gone down hill so now I do real estate and build stuff in my shop.
I have gone down the build your own cnc router rabbit hole and i'm just emerging. Looking forward to getting back into building my electric toys.

ANYONE else in Idaho?

32, single, no kids. Lived in Brisbane, Queensland for 29yrs, moved to Western Australia 3yrs ago. Welder / Fabricator.

Paul :D

21, single, ME student, living with my parents in Zwolle, The netherlands. I am doing an internship at the R&D department of an small company making strapping/film wrapping machines for the packaging industry

I am 49 married 19 yrs. kids are 17 and 19. Almost out of the house woohoo !! I have been a heavy equip. operator for 25 yrs. Electrical apprentice for a few and now do maintenance at our local airport in Wichita. I like to tinker on old cars and ebikes and travel when I can.

33 years old, wife, 7 month old baby.

Embedded software engineer working on control systems for heavy machinery. I'm also the bastard that comes up with logic for the check engine/warning light on your machine's dash. That part is really easy.

// at random interval turn warning light on
if ( rand() == 13 )
gvSetWarningLight( eON );
else
gvSetWarningLight( eOFF );

single
living with partner
Ex farmer
Lorry driver/
mechanic
digger driver
Now a pilot for local airline
Running small stable yard, ( rent from that covers the e-bile and other hobby costs)

montyp said:
33 years old, wife, 7 month old baby.

Embedded software engineer working on control systems for heavy machinery. I'm also the bastard that comes up with logic for the check engine/warning light on your machine's dash. That part is really easy.

// at random interval turn warning light on
if ( rand() == 13 )
gvSetWarningLight( eON );
else
gvSetWarningLight( eOFF );

I thought that was how it worked! Neat programming! :lol:
otherDoc

I'm 30, my current occupations is fixing my ebike.
educated as a Network Engineer unemployed
have been single for a decade almost no kids.
and an avid starcraft gamer:
World rank
#7,880 (0.81% of 967,590, 99th percentile)

Hi, I'm Shane and I'm an Alcoholic.

*cough* anyhoo, 29, live in Brisbane Australia. Been here all my life. My parents moved here from London in '72.
Been heavily in electronics / computers my entire life. Work as a Network Engineer.
Interests in ebikes was sparked by a lengthy loss of drivers license (2 years) and needing a way to get about. As most people can vouch for in Aus, the public transport system is nothing short of a joke.

My first build was the moped / scooter type and the idea was to blend into traffic. That is did flawlessly, information from here aided me to build a 90km/h monster that has me in love with being on 2 wheels. To the point now when i get my license back in some 8 months time, i still won't be purchasing a car.

After a bit of a stack (read: large) i have retired the scooter and tranfered all the gear onto my mongoose which is even MORE fun than the scooter.

Good times ahead!

Hi I am 58,single, no kids, retired from 40 years service in public transit. I have always been interested in electrical/electronics and got into Ebikes 2 years ago. i have been doing a lot of touring and love it. I live in Ottawa,Canada which is blessed with about 150 KM of bike paths.

Hey all, my name is Riley, and I live by Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I am 18 years old, going to be a Senior in HS this fall. Right now I am looking at electrical engineering at SD School of Mines. I don't have a job, but I keep real busy. I'm an only child and I live with my dad as my mother passed away from breast cancer when I was 7 years old.

I love sports. I am a pole vaulter in track and I do powerlifting and cross country along with rec basketball and rec slowpitch. I eat healthily and drink lots of water. I lift year round and run during XC. I love to be outside.

Never drank/smoked/chewed/had sex/got in trouble... I have a nice group of friends and our parents are proud. :D

Eric G said:
doing repairs on our
house that constantly needs attention (it was built in 1945).

Eric

Yes, that is the problem with these modern buildings, not built as well as the old ones that we have over here. the date stone on our place shows 1659

Back