Doc EXTREME 36 FETS controller

NeilP - are you talking about the 54xx or the 53xx motors?

As far as I am aware, the 54's were only being offered in the group buy in the 03 and 04 wind (I realise they exist in the 05, but only Stealth has them right?).

In any Xlite motor, the 05 wind will give more torque and generate less heat for hill climbing than an 04 wind. But personally, I would only buy an 05 wind if I wanted to climb up huge hills. I have noticed that experimenting between my 5303 and 5304, I can compensate for the 03 loss of torque with more amps, but the 03 gives a way higher top speed. If you are running such high voltages though, and you don't want speed over 60kph, then I would go with the 04 wind of either the 54 or 53 models. My 5303 basically draws full battery amps at all times, it is an absolute Amp whore.

If you are going to be running the 5404 at 100V, how many amps were you thinking? Just to emphasise, I have never run over 20S, and I think at 100V the Lyen 24 Fet starts to reach its limits, so you should check that with him if you pursue that controller.

Philistine said:
NeilP - are you talking about the 54xx or the 53xx motors?

As far as I am aware, the 54's were only being offered in the group buy in the 03 and 04 wind (I realise they exist in the 05, but only Stealth has them right?).

Not sure what I am getting..depends on Kenny. I did ask if I can have a 5405 wind..if he could do it..otherwise it will be a 5404

Philistine said:
In any Xlite motor, the 05 wind will give more torque and generate less heat for hill climbing than an 04 wind.

Yes, that is what I thought.

I know that my 5304 is too fast over here in Jersey at 100volts in a 26 inch wheel. if I go up in volts to 'hot off charge' of 140 or thereabouts..a xx04 speed would be too fast, and I would never be able to run it WOT. So my thoughts were drop the wheel diameter from 26 inch down to 22-24...whatever I can find, that is not going to cost too much and tyres are available locally. At present I have a Honda Africa Twin front rim (21x1.85) , that will give a rolling radius slightly smaller than a 26 MTB wheel, and a 17 inch rim...Honda C90 moped (17x1.4) that will give about 22 inch.

The island is hilly..OK not massive hills, but the speed limit is the issue, so I want the torque and acceleration above the max speed

As for amps..well... :twisted: I am being limited on acceleration at the moment by my Lyen 18 FET 4110. I have it at 75 amp battery limit. OK so I cold beef it up more and try and push 100 amps..but it is also my daily on form of transport for a personal commute of about 20 miles round trip. So I do not want to push it too much and risk it..I have already blown it once mucking with block times

So what amps...well if I could get 100 or so more well if possible. Hey I would rather spend the money..buy something that is too big and under run it, than buy too small and risk blowing it

Hey Doc,

From where you have ordered this PCB and which MCU you are using on this board?

Regards
P

Back