Dogati Electric Superleggera

I've made a design for a similar setup for the old FS dedicated e-freeride project.
Basically it is the same, but there was a 1.2mm carbon tube with both end longitudinally cutted (like a seattube to be clear) so that it goes from clip to clip, and then, the two risers inserted into these CF tube ends and clamped while tightening the clips....the same concept could be reversed using a clean CF tube that goes inside the risers and cut them at the ends like a seattube to clamp the CF bar while you tight the clips.......it will add a very little weight and a touch of CF look at the middle, while increasing a lot the bar strength and decreasing the torsional load on the clips....
If not for the cool custom look, there isn't so much gain using stanchions clips in term of weight and strenght over a direct triple mount with light bars...though, another cool option could be to machine a top crown with integrated bar mount (like the Hope ones) or integrated clips for a split bar...
This was another option in my very first ambitious designs, when I was thinking to use DNM up-right double disc mount stanchions with custom CNCed wider crowns with integrated clip mounts and a wider custom Axle, to be used with a custom wider double disc mount Hub.
This would allows for a dual disc front setup using properly spaced spoke's flanges, that's the limit of the symmetric dual disc hub that i've found so far with standard dropouts width....
I'll post a CAD snap if it isn't that clear!

Hi,

I've just been searching the web for the latest in electric mountain bikes and found the Dogati. What can i say? It just looks like it's built for the job and can take the abuse of a decent off road ride.
According to Electricbike.com, this bike may be developed into a production model, which is something i'd be very interested in. Do you have any progress reports on when we might see a model we can purchase and, how much it is expected to cost?

Cheers

Rich

hi rich, sorry it's been an ongoing (mostly off) project for the past few years. i'm always getting sidetracked by other things. i've got 10 sets of frames/swing-arms and cnc components sitting on the shelf but right now, working on:

1. 18650 modular pack (mechanical connections & thermally conductive polymer)
2. android based monitor/brain (active balance bms, speed/temps, can comm, data logging, ctrlr programming, on-the-fly tuning, traction control, maps and video)

That was a long read indeed and I seem to have missed all the videos (now unavailable) which is a crying shame!

So 2016 is coming to an end...any teaser updates for us?

Also...I see you run 60v...was that through the Castle 160?

Does anyone know what tires these are? And are those fatbike or motorcycle rims? If anyone has any real-world experience with those tires, feedback (especially puncture resistance) would be appreciated too.

dogati21.jpg

Frustratingly, the "build specs" on the below link don't include anything about the wheels... which is pretty surprising, since they are the things that connect you to the ground. But hey, the build list mentions that Sapim spokes were used :\
http://www.electricbike.com/dogati-super-electric/

And fat bike rims not moto rims.

Ben rocks and his bikes are so amazing!

Danny Mayes said:
They look like Maxxis Hookworms. They remind me of Aussie Jester. He loved those tyres. Sadly not available in 24" anymore afaik.

No they're not Hookworms either. Probably some Chinese or Taiwanese brand tires.

Hookworm.jpg

SlowCo said:
Danny Mayes said:
They look like Maxxis Hookworms. They remind me of Aussie Jester. He loved those tyres. Sadly not available in 24" anymore afaik.

No they're not Hookworms either. Probably some Chinese or Taiwanese brand tires.

I know those tires as Street Hogs.
I have the white wall variant on my cruiser

http://www.classic-cycle.de/en/Tires-Tubes-Parts/Tires/26-inch/Tire-Street-Hog-I-26-x-3-0-pure-black.html
Looks like the classic cycles wide rims too that SamD and I use.

sh2630bw.jpg

Back