dual mode, full sized crank arms?

Jurb

10 µW
I've got a moped style ebike and while I can pedal fine with it on my own, when I'm riding with a passenger, which is most of the time, I can only use throttle due to where I have to sit. This is fine, but my legs and arms get super tired in the position that they have to be in in this case. What would really help would be to have some sort of crank that can enter a 'free hanging' mode. The Revelo Flex is the only time I've seen or used this feature, and that one is apparently a patented special case.

Any suggestions? My other option is to reinforce the back rack and add a cushion to it so that the passenger can move back slightly, but I think I'd like to keep that space for cargo if I can.

What about a pair of BMX stunt pegs on the front axle?

I think it's probably one of those obese retarded dwarf bikes that are so popular these days, that nobody would ride more than 50 feet without a motor.

"Highway pegs" on the front axle seem like as good a solution to the self-imposed problem as anything. Not as good as using a longtail bike, but cheap and easy.

Back