E-S 10 th anniversary !

Doctorbass

100 GW
E-S 10th anniversary!

Hey guys i just realized that i subscribed to that awsome forum on april 2007 witch mean in about 3 month that will be the 10th anniversary! :D :D :mrgreen:

Who here like me and Fechter etc will celebrate or maybe have already celebrated that? :)

Doc

"Joined Thu May 24, 2007" here... and many more years to come for Alt. Reality planet ES and all who sail in/on/around her! (Didn't know she's a lady eh?)

I0 yrs :shock: yikes, ive learned so much from everyone here :D thank you.

I see ive got a bit to go..

10 years for me Dec 31. Before that it was the Voltage Forum, and before that, the Yahoo Zappy Group, going back to 2000.

A lot has changed in that time. Lead-acid batteries and brushed motors are museum pieces now. But that dang Zappy scooter is still running...

Drunkskunk said:
Hey Doc, you got me beat by a week! :mrgreen: 10 years, and we're still here. I think that calls for a beer.
:mrgreen:

:wink:

10 years of discovers, talent, innovations, passions and ingeniusity!

Doc

MoonBassMan said:
Happy anniversary! I'm newer here and am loving the community.

P.S. Doc you have an awesome name :lol:

Yeah this come from my previous passion, Car audio and SPL.

Doc

May of 08 for me. coming up 9 years.

I found the second version V first, in 08 and hung out there quite some time. They wanted me to moderate there. The dummies forum was more my speed for awhile. At that point I'd log on to ES, read a half hour, and go Oww, my head hurts!

Still happens,, but takes longer now. Much of this EE discussion is way over my head, so I mostly stick to telling noobs a 500 buck budget won't get them a bike able to go 40 mph for 40 miles.

Doctorbass said:
E-S 10th anniversary!
Hey guys i just realized that i subscribed to that awsome forum on april 2007 witch mean in about 3 month that will be the 10th anniversary! :D :D :mrgreen:
Who here like me and Fechter etc will celebrate or maybe have already celebrated that? :)

Hey right on, it looks like I can join the 10th year party not too much later in May 2017. Doc, any idea how many watt-hours you've burned through in this time period?? I think you beat me hands down on that metric.

FYI according to the membership list there were just 36 people subscribed to ES on this day 10 years ago, and of those at least a dozen are still active and can already celebrate their 10th:

Stevil_Knevil
Lessss
D-Man
Ypedal
fechter
mr.electric
knoxie
deerfencer
Stevil_Knevil
Swordman
Geebee

Hat's off to you!

It also includes some famous members who vanished (Xyster !) and some who would certainly still be posting if they were still on this planet (rkosiorek)

justin_le said:
Doc, any idea how many watt-hours you've burned through in this time period?? I think you beat me hands down on that metric.

Hmm Certainly ALOT !!.

If i take account of:

-My Trek 960 first electric bike
-My Mongoose and his 2.3kWh of makita battery ( 432 cells back in 2008!)
-My Giant DH comp 113kmh ebike
-My 8kW Electric KMX trike ( as seen on discovvery channel)
-My speed record ebike in 2009 ( that have beat the previous world record of 93kmh)
-My NYX 16kW carbon fiber ebike with 2WD upgrade and dual Adaptto
-My 2011 Zero DS
-My 2012 Zero S-SR with battery upgrade
-My 2015 Zero SR
-My 19p lithium snowblower
-My 2014 Chevy volt

Well i think i'm in the magnetude of MegaWatthours :lol: :mrgreen:

And everything began HERE on E-S !

Doc

Crazy that it has been so long.. 10 years, and i've been here for almost 7.. which means i have spent 20% of my life being part of this community :shock:

This place is super special to me, and has been since i first stepped in. You guys are awesome and i consider you my people. There are lots of exceptionally bright people here and i am honored to be part of this place.

Just the other day, I've gotten into hypermiling my Nissan Maxima and was looking to see if someone had done aerodynamics improvements to my model.. and what do i find on google... recumpence has a page on his site detailing aero mods and their benefits/effects on my exact model of Nissan Maxima.. what are the damn chances? great minds not only think alike, but also own the same car.. :lol:

Anyway, happy birthday, ES!

dogman dan said:
May of 08 for me. coming up 9 years.
Yeah I'm in the class of 2008 as well - we were late to the party it seems :lol:

Happy Bday ES - 1 cake topped with 10 overcharged lipo cells coming right up :p

Better late than never. An amazing group of people willing to guide us n00bs. Thanks for all you do.

All the best,

Tom

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY ES!

Caught the bug early when I rode one of thewmatismoloki's bikes.

Even when I joined in 08 there was already many weeks worth of reading.

ES has had such an influence in my life, the workshop is crammed with motors, wye/delta stators, frames, controllers, wire, throttles, wheels, tyres, kilometres of winding wire, burties timing adjusters and heaps of other bits and pieces. Thank you ES for filling that void, and making some friends along the way.

Back