E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

These are my settings from a few years ago. I haven’t checked them for a while. I changed the PAS filter to 2 kHz and the PAS time out to 0.02. That fixed the power continuation after I stopped peddling.
Thanks Joe.

I mirrored your settings exactly...unfortunately no difference. I could have a setting somewhere else that is causing it...not sure.

I've also had weird issues in the past with motor config where I had to wipe all the settings and start again by 'restoring' settings from a modified backup where that section was cleared. Even a factory reset wasn't enough for that. So maybe this is the same....painful.
When I find time I might give that a try, but for now, I only get PAS to 25Kph :rolleyes:

Cheers

CD,I was just on the Nuculas site and see they have a new firmware. I downloaded it but haven't installed it.

I was in the middle of their configuration page and found that in each mode S1,2 & 3 there is a PAS disabled and a PAS scale 0-100%. Have a look to see what yours says.

I removed my old 30mm motor and installed the 40mm motor yesterday. I removed the covers and swapped them. I didn’t want the LMX logo. Both motors look exactly the same. Both IPM. I couldn’t see a difference between a 30mm and a 40mm motor. Maybe I missed it.
Does anyone know what the difference is?
I had some issues. Firstly the screw holding the pulley in place wouldn’t come out. Had to drill it out. Then to get the new motor in. I had to remove the battery holder and lower plastic plate. Only then could I get the wires neatly back in. Then I noticed the new shaft is a bit longer than the old one. The pulley wheel wouldn’t fit flush with the bearing. It was because the washer has a large lip and had to file off about 4mm on the pulley washer. I’ll set up the new motor with a full auto setup and see how it works.

Attachments

• IMG_2783.jpeg
    IMG_2783.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2784.jpeg
    IMG_2784.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 7
Hey Joe, my understanding is the difference is the stator width internally. 30mm vs 40mm. Good for slightly more torque and less heat which in turn means more power before heat starts sapping power. So far I do believe I notice these improvements, but it's hard to prove.

I didn't really have the other issues you mention. But I have removed/reinstalled the motor a few times before so that may have helped.

Cheers

LMX fantastic customer support. I’ve got myself into a bit of a mess. One of those Paws of the ratchet fell off and landed in the hub bearing without me realising it. When I tighten up the wheel. Well that was that with the bearing. To remove that bearing, the ratchet ring. 48T ca. 34mm outer diameter has to be removed. Try finding that tool. The one from white industries is 48T but 43mm inner Diameter. Anyway to cut a long story short. Adam from LMX has been amazingly supportive and is helping me by supplying me with a LMX built tool.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
LMX. Thank you. Terrific support. Would 100% recommend this company.
Bearing sizes rear hub are.
1x 15x32x9mm and 2x 15x24x5mm
Ratchet ring 48T ca. 34mm

Attachments

• IMG_2790.jpeg
    IMG_2790.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
With this ratchet removal tool the job took a few minutes. Many Thanks to LMX. Fantastic tool. The broken bearing tapped out easily and the new bearing are now in.

Attachments

• IMG_2917.jpeg
    IMG_2917.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2916.jpeg
    IMG_2916.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2912.jpeg
    IMG_2912.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2911.jpeg
    IMG_2911.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
I certainly notice the difference. It's pulls much stronger than before. Love the 40mm motor. I don't have any stuttering.
This is how I did. I charged the battery to 100%. Then loaded my LMX 166 configuration and selected mode 3. Then did a full auto setup on the motor, and SAVE that to the controller. That's it. Many years ago I did it with a half loaded battery and some or no config and the bike was a lame duck. I re-did it with the LMX config and full battery and then it was back to normal. Since then I only do a full battery tune. I haven't tried to tune with the full blown configuration, but load them straight away afterwards and have no problems. Maybe that helps. I hope so.

Last edited:
Has anyone found a way to mount a kickstand to their lmx64? I see that the lmx64h has one, would that be compatible with a regular lmx64?

Snapped my HL belt yesterday. 2000km. Not bad. Installed a spare, so that's on, and ran the bike in full mode without a problem. I was wondering if the extra power had broken it, but I think now, after a ride, it was just unlucky.

Has anyone found a way to mount a kickstand to their lmx64? I see that the lmx64h has one, would that be compatible with a regular lmx64?
I use that one. It fits without a problem. It doesn't need the special bolt that screws onto the shaft. Just the 4 screws. It's very stable and does a great job. Hasn't got in the way either.

Attachments

• tempImageBN7HiF.bmp
    988.6 KB · Views: 11
  • tempImageiWwpD1.bmp
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
I use that one. It fits without a problem. It doesn't need the special bolt that screws onto the shaft. Just the 4 screws. It's very stable and does a great job. Hasn't got in the way either.
Thanks! What rear fender are you using?

Zefal DEFLECTOR RS75. I added a stabiliser. I think it was this one. Cube Acid Stays for Mudguard Set MTB 65 extra long
Stops it flapping around. It does help to keep the bike a bit cleaner. Look at the back of the seat and the rear suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_7451 2.jpeg
    IMG_7451 2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing all the previous info Joe. Notifications aren't coming through for me on this thread so missed all that till now.

I took the LMX out for it's first spin in a while the other day and noticed after the ride one of the bolts holding the belt guard/sprocket cover was loose. Trying to tighten it just resulted in the threads starting to strip inside the motor. :(
Before it got too bad I cleaned it out, re-tapped and used a new bolt. I'm 99% sure I got it right with M6x1.0.

Seems to be holding ok for now, but I wonder if others have had any trouble with the motor threads? I had the same thing happen on my previous 30mm motor and had to resort to a rivnut/nutsert replacement.

Cheers

Back