E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

ringring said:
In my lmx64 (January 2021) the assist pedal and throttle are in mode 4.

Thanks,
Are you saying that in mode 4 of pedal assist, you also have access of the throttle, which means that while using pedal assist, if you Turn the throttle, it will take priority over the pedal assist?

If you can clarify all the modes, may that would help me fully understand :)
Thanks again

you can change that throttle works in all modes.

Anyone coming from cycle Analyst stuff maybe remeber that the trottle override could be setup on his own.
unfortunately throttle on the LMX64 doesnt work in this way.

if you are in mode 1 with low power you have also that maximum on your throttle.

so if you pedal on your trail and want to use the throttle as a help for maybe climb some steps or technical stuff where pedals not working you have to change the mode to a higher one.

changing modes is unfortunately#2 pretty slow. No clue if this delay can be setup quicker. cant say for now if its display related or setup stuff of the controller.

Merlin said:
you can change that throttle works in all modes.

Anyone coming from cycle Analyst stuff maybe remeber that the trottle override could be setup on his own.
unfortunately throttle on the LMX64 doesnt work in this way.

if you are in mode 1 with low power you have also that maximum on your throttle.

so if you pedal on your trail and want to use the throttle as a help for maybe climb some steps or technical stuff where pedals not working you have to change the mode to a higher one.

changing modes is unfortunately#2 pretty slow. No clue if this delay can be setup quicker. cant say for now if its display related or setup stuff of the controller.

yes, I really dislike the way this is implemented in the Silixcon, throttle override should give me 100 percent power with a flick of my wrist. Instead you're stuck with the power limit of whatever assist mode you happen to be in :cry:

Thank you for clarifying, and I agree, you should be able to have the throttle override to deliver 100% of the power.

The main goal is emergency situation where you need to quickly get out of a difficult situation where the pedal assist would not be strong enough.

Has anyone asked LMX if this is an actual limitation of the Silixcon, or if it could be modified?

scrambler said:
Thank you for clarifying, and I agree, you should be able to have the throttle override to deliver 100% of the power.

The main goal is emergency situation where you need to quickly get out of a difficult situation where the pedal assist would not be strong enough.

Has anyone asked LMX if this is an actual limitation of the Silixcon, or if it could be modified?

I suggested it to Adam early on when I got my LMX but didn't hear back from him on it. Maybe it's not that easy to do?

Had a blast zipping through the tree's with Brian on our LMX64's on the weekend.
[youtube]AaVjZA1_l1c[/youtube]

Unfortunately it resulted in this mega ding on my rear rim:
DSC_6595.JPG

I will try and bash it back into shape, and I planned on switching back to tubes anyway now so should be able to make it work.

Cheers

Rix said:
Excellent video CD, at 1:14, is that where you damaged your rim? Nice quality non injury stack there.
Thanks Rix!
The stack was just caused by my rear tire sliding out from under me. I had too much pressure in it trying to compensate for a slow leak. After this I let some pressure out and it was way better...for a while. Then towards the end of the ride it lost almost all pressure, but I kept riding anyway as I have Cushcore...well that was my mistake...should have dumped a C02 into it when I first felt it getting low. :roll:

Cheers

scrambler said:

Wow, this is nice to know. I'm just about to upgrade to Silixcon and belt drive, but this might be a potential deal breaker. Not being able to pedal in low power pas mode and have the ability to override with full throttle is far from ideal. I hope we can get a response from @bzhwindtalker to know if this is possible to change in the config (with the usb-cable).

TorEddy said:
scrambler said:

Wow, this is nice to know. I'm just about to upgrade to Silixcon and belt drive, but this might be a potential deal breaker. Not being able to pedal in low power pas mode and have the ability to override with full throttle is far from ideal. I hope we can get a response from @bzhwindtalker to know if this is possible to change in the config (with the usb-cable).

From LMX:
For the silixcon, you can set independently the PAS and the throttle power, but both are in a % of the max power for that mode.
It means you would have to set the power for the first modes quite high, then set the PAS power low and the ACC power to 1.

This seems like a fair workaround for the issue. Did anybody try this?

Has anyone added a brake light function to the nucular controller? My front and rear lights are working, but the brake signal is not there.

I‘m struggling to find the PWM 5 volt signal for the mosfet pcb. (High side controller)
Because the PAS is active, when I try to add port 1 or 2 I get a busy port error.

In there another I/O which I can use?

Cowardlyduck said:
"Fixed" my rim. :|

It's tubes only for me from now on. :roll:

Cheers

That's an impressive ding CD.

The Halo rims can take a beating and still hold pressure apparently according to this article

https://singletrackworld.com/2018/1...isit-to-ison-distribution-part-2-halo-wheels/

stw-2018-08-22-DSC08260.jpg

I'm happy with tubeless with my Maxxis', they hold pressure great, but I don't have Cushcores either.

Cowardlyduck said:
That's great to know, thanks Brian!
My rim is still true and none of the spokes are loose. Also thanks to Adam for selecting such a good rear rim for these bikes!

Cheers

From LMX:
The halo vortex has been replaced from sept 2020 by the Mach 1 trucky 30 rim.
It is still tubeless compatible, but a little narrower and much stronger.
We still have like one halo rim in stock that we could build up, but I would rather have you riding one of the newer rims as for a few grams more they are a lot stronger.

TorEddy said:
From LMX:
The halo vortex has been replaced from sept 2020 by the Mach 1 trucky 30 rim.
It is still tubeless compatible, but a little narrower and much stronger.
We still have like one halo rim in stock that we could build up, but I would rather have you riding one of the newer rims as for a few grams more they are a lot stronger.
Interesting!
Well, when LMX finally get the stronger belts in stock, I might just have to get a spare rear wheel at the same time. :)

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
hkj said:
The more I use the bike the more impressed I am with it. Fantastic bike!
Yes it is...so much so that my love affair with Stealth is about to come to an end as I sell my Fighter...the bike that got me started on it all over 9 years ago!

Hey Adam, can you provide some more details on the battery mounting on the underside of the frame from the desert challenge photo's above?
It looks like you figured out a way to make a second battery fit without the front wheel travel being effected. It does look like it could be a problem for clearance over obstacles though...I would be afraid of smashing the battery on a log or rock I hop over.

Cheers

I made extra battery under so that area where travel of wheel is there is 2 and below 4 batteries top each other. Please see picture5F31B776-07EA-41B7-B0BE-4F2FDD09A052.jpeg.
I use 29” fork and 27.5” wheel, so clearance is enough.
Attaching battery is so that below there is metalbar going into water hole and under nucular

Mihei777 said:
I made extra battery under so that area where travel of wheel is there is 2 and below 4 batteries top each other. Please see picture.
Attaching battery is so that below there is metalbar going into water hole and under nucular
Thanks for replying!
I have too many projects and the LiPo cells I bought to do a big battery turned out to be too big, so I will use them on another project, and get back to building a big LMX battery when I have time.
After seeing what Brian managed to achieve with his EM3EV triangle pack, I am confident I should be able to fit at least 2kwh in the main frame section, so that's what I will aim for instead. Maybe by the time I get around to it there will finally be some cells bigger than 3.5AH for 18650's or 5AH for 2170's to make it even bigger capacity. :D

Cheers

I'm glad Adam has some new belts in stock. My second belt just snapped. Did last through the autumn and winter up until now. :roll:

Attachments

• PXL_20210321_090411292.jpg
    PXL_20210321_090411292.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 939
What's the reason the new stronger belt only works together with the black belt tensioner and not the red?
Any estimates on durability compared to the stock omega belt?

Cowardlyduck said:
Mihei777 said:
I made extra battery under so that area where travel of wheel is there is 2 and below 4 batteries top each other. Please see picture.
Thanks for replying!
I have too many projects and the LiPo cells I bought to do a big battery turned out to be too big, so I will use them on another project, and get back to building a big LMX battery when I have time.
After seeing what Brian managed to achieve with his EM3EV triangle pack, I am confident I should be able to fit at least 2kwh in the main frame section, so that's what I will aim for instead. Maybe by the time I get around to it there will finally be some cells bigger than 3.5AH for 18650's or 5AH for 2170's to make it even bigger capacity. :D

Cheers
2 kWh? Certainly not in one piece. Max 21700 is 14s6p without bms (bms separate at the top of the frame) or 14s5p with bms in the box with the battery. If there is no motor, you can mount 2 levels of 18650: 14s7p and 14s5p without bms, but then mounting the motor is a mission impossible.

hkj said:
What's the reason the new stronger belt only works together with the black belt tensioner and not the red?

In my use regular opti last 35km. Then opti HP last 150km and second 160km. Now i ve been using polychain belt 650km. Poly is totally different type of belt than opti. Materials in opti is more rubber type and poly is carbon epoxy type.

Tensioner should have big diameter like closer 80 mm in this solution, space is limiting. When turning belt back side radius should be big.

hkj said:
Oh no, I didn't read this before...I better ask Adam for a new tensioner also then. :roll:

ringring said:
Cowardlyduck said:
2 kWh? Certainly not in one piece. Max 21700 is 14s6p without bms (bms separate at the top of the frame) or 14s5p with bms in the box with the battery. If there is no motor, you can mount 2 levels of 18650: 14s7p and 14s5p without bms, but then mounting the motor is a mission impossible.
Correct, not in one piece.
It would require the two level approach, and TBH I haven't figured out the details yet, but just guessing at what might be possible based on what I've seen Brian do and what was mentioned a few pages back with designs etc.

Cheers

Back