E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Hi i am looking to buy a stealth bike and i live in sweden. I was wondering if the fighter has enough power to to a power wheelie or not. Kind'a like that it is lighter and more nimble then the bomber but will it have enough power.

One more...one of my favourite places to ride with alot of mixed terrain covering about 1700 acres.

Attachments

• Bomber beside bridge.jpg
    Bomber beside bridge.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,443
siika said:
Hi i am looking to buy a stealth bike and i live in sweden. I was wondering if the fighter has enough power to to a power wheelie or not. Kind'a like that it is lighter and more nimble then the bomber but will it have enough power.

Sikka, Welcome to the thread :D . No neither the Fighter or Bomber will do a power wheelie "per se". Stealth does a slight software modification to the controller so it doesn't dump max amps and launch hard on take offs from dead stop. Having said that, my bomber rolling is really easy to loft the front wheel and over stuff at any speed with a slight tug on the bars. There is some technique involved. And I know for a fact that the Fighter owners have no issue with popping wheelies either, it just not going to flip you over backwards accidently on take off. Imagine an old 1978 XR70 Honda. Put out 4 HP when jetted correctly and had a 5 speed gearbox. Now just gassing that thing and running through the gears, the front wheel would never leave the ground. Take that same bike, pull in the clutch, rev it up until you hear the valves floating, dump the clutch while sitting as far back as you can on the seat, and it will wheelie with a 250# rider. My point is, technique will get your wheel up on the Fighter with no problems.

Morati, awesome pics, I bet I will see them on Stealths Face book. I would post pics where I ride , but it will probably make you cringe because of the lack of any vegetation.

Rick

Rix said:
siika said:

Sikka, Welcome to the thread :D . No neither the Fighter or Bomber will do a power wheelie "per se". Stealth does a slight software modification to the controller so it doesn't dump max amps and launch hard on take offs from dead stop. Having said that, my bomber rolling is really easy to loft the front wheel and over stuff at any speed with a slight tug on the bars. There is some technique involved. And I know for a fact that the Fighter owners have no issue with popping wheelies either, it just not going to flip you over backwards accidently on take off. Imagine an old 1978 XR70 Honda. Put out 4 HP when jetted correctly and had a 5 speed gearbox. Now just gassing that thing and running through the gears, the front wheel would never leave the ground. Take that same bike, pull in the clutch, rev it up until you hear the valves floating, dump the clutch while sitting as far back as you can on the seat, and it will wheelie with a 250# rider. My point is, technique will get your wheel up on the Fighter with no problems.

Morati, awesome pics, I bet I will see them on Stealths Face book. I would post pics where I ride , but it will probably make you cringe because of the lack of any vegetation.

Rick
Nothing wrong with a little rock!
On a side note, I ripped my Berm Master tire today on a root, so I won't be using them anymore. Going back to Duro's. Stealth chose them for a reason. Anyone know where I can get them besides Jenson?
Sikka, my Bomber will also wheelie easy with a little tug on the bars and I have my power turned down when I go trail riding to 50amps. No problem getting my front wheel over obstacles so I agree with Rix that the Fighter should do the same. Go ahead and order it, you won't regret the decision!

Rix said:
siika said:

Rick
My bomber wheelies quite easily if i pull the handlebar while twisting the throttle. The fighter does that too i think

WELCOME TO PETROL HEADS AND THEIR OPINIONS...
Classic at the weekend..

Some guy comes over to look at my "Bomber"...in the park
Then starts to compare it with his home build with a "Petrol Engine" strap on...
I tell him its Electric and its rated to 80kph and I have had about 87 out of it on a flat...
He was so adamant that it couldn't possibly do more than his 75 kph petrol BMX thing...with a $900 engine on it...!!

I resisted the constant "show me, prove it... !!" ....

Lets just say...more happy that people cant believe these bikes go so fast...lol !!! :twisted:

Dunk, my dad thought the same thing. He had a Spooky tooth 80cc 2 smoke I mean stroke motor on his cruiser. He customed tapered the needle and geared it up a little bit. I would go 38MPH fully tucked and all he had was a coaster brake on the rear :shock: Long story short, he thought his mean machine would beat me on my Bomber to 38MPH. So we lined up and I smoked him bad. You should have done the same :mrgreen: :D

Sikka, my Bomber will also wheelie easy with a little tug on the bars and I have my power turned down when I go trail riding to 50amps. No problem getting my front wheel over obstacles so I agree with Rix that the Fighter should do the same. Go ahead and order it, you won't regret the decision!

Good point Morati, I forgot to say that too. Sikka, buy the Fighter, you will love it. :D :mrgreen: 8)

Rick

That would have meant meeting this "dip-stick" again...he didn't have his bike with him...and was a full on "BOGAN" :shock:

Dunk, my dad thought the same thing. He had a Spooky tooth 80cc 2 smoke I mean stroke motor on his cruiser. He customed tapered the needle and geared it up a little bit. I would go 38MPH fully tucked and all he had was a coaster brake on the rear :shock: Long story short, he thought his mean machine would beat me on my Bomber to 38MPH. So we lined up and I smoked him bad. You should have done the same :mrgreen: :D

MexicanBatman said:
I'm considering selling as soon I won't have a chance to ride due work :( and ktm riding :)

Stealth bomber #284 with white bros upgrade forks and lets say 6 battery cycles and less than 100km on it

What is it worth realistically located in Melbourne Australia, and won't be shipped!

If you are selling the beastly bomber with 10 cycles and 100km's on it you are doing something wrong :shock:

morati said:
One more...one of my favourite places to ride with alot of mixed terrain covering about 1700 acres.
Looks awesome John!
Similar to the mid-west region of US on a rainy day!
Did you clean up your bike before you took the pictures :mrgreen: ?
If I rode there, my rear spring + shock would be caked up with mud, and so would be the controller.
I'm looking for some kind of shock mud guard since it takes a while to clean that area well.
Marek

morati said:
On a side note, I ripped my Berm Master tire today on a root, so I won't be using them anymore. Going back to Duro's. Stealth chose them for a reason. Anyone know where I can get them besides Jenson?

I *tried* to get some Razorbacks from Jenson but they are currently on 30 day back order.
Already got 2 pinch flats on my 300 miles worn Razorback, last hope would be Mr. Tuffy + Maxxis Extra Heavy Duty 21x80,90/100 MC tube (thanks Rick!). If that fails, then Shinko SR241 2.75-19 on a mc 19x1.4 rim as suggested earlier.
Having a worn tire is a bad excuse not to ride or at least try to :)
Had to walk 3 miles on Saturday with a flat, bomber is so heavy when pushing it up slippery muddy hills :!:

MexicanBatman said:
I'm considering selling as soon I won't have a chance to ride due work :( and ktm riding :)

Stealth bomber #284 with white bros upgrade forks and lets say 6 battery cycles and less than 100km on it

What is it worth realistically located in Melbourne Australia, and won't be shipped!
I heard they go really really cheap in Melbourne :eek: , what colour ? any pics ? Where in Melbourne are you ?

That would have meant meeting this "dip-stick" again...he didn't have his bike with him...and was a full on "BOGAN" :shock:

As the French say Dunk, Touche' :mrgreen:

I *tried* to get some Razorbacks from Jenson but they are currently on 30 day back order.
Already got 2 pinch flats on my 300 miles worn Razorback, last hope would be Mr. Tuffy + Maxxis Extra Heavy Duty 21x80,90/100 MC tube (thanks Rick!). If that fails, then Shinko SR241 2.75-19 on a mc 19x1.4 rim as suggested earlier.
Having a worn tire is a bad excuse not to ride or at least try to :)
Had to walk 3 miles on Saturday with a flat, bomber is so heavy when pushing it up slippery muddy hills :!:

I know your pain. Walking blows, and a trail side repair on the rear isn't an easy option, although doable. The only thing I can suggest is switching your front and rear tire. If you stay with the 24MTBs, I would buy 10 tires from Jenson when they get them stocked. That's the best price I have seen. BTW, the 2.6 Razorback in my research, is just as tough (and not tough enough for me) as the 3.0 Razorback. Run 32PSI in either tire, that's the best you will get.

Rick

I am on serious countdown for the landing of a shiny new Bomber. My headlights have already arrived from Japan. :) Do you have your Bomber added to your house insurance or insured as a road going legal e-bike?

Allex, fix a flat will work for up to punchers 5mm in diameter or so, but in my experience, it doesn't repair pinch flats worth a crap, especially I the pinch cuts are more than 1/2' long and there are multiple cuts, such as all of mine were. Unless fix a flat or any other type of flat repair in a can has super coagulants abilities, they wont fix pinches.

Rick

Bexxer said:
I am on serious countdown for the landing of a shiny new Bomber. My headlights have already arrived from Japan. :) Do you have your Bomber added to your house insurance or insured as a road going legal e-bike?

I have my Bomber covered by Renters insurance and soon hopefully, Home owners insurance if I get into this house that I am currently in escrow on. I don't know where you live, but the Bomber's/Fighters don't come with any VIN Type numbers so they can't be titled and registered and insure in the US without some kind of VIN being applied to them. Your local DMV may be able to answer your question. I wouldn't worry about it. Just pedal when people are watching, ride smart in crowded areas and schools zones, you will be fine. Great times ahead for you, what color is your Bomber?

what about arrow racing tire they come 24x3 and 24x2.75 but i think the company broke or something anyway i read on some forum that they pretty strong i found a bunch of them from a seller Rix what do you think you are the tire expert of the community

Thanks for all the quick answers. Looks like the fighter is the bike for me now when the cops have my driving license. (Have to save up some money first) can you get one with tumb trottle btw?

Thanks Rix I'm in the US too although originally a Brit. I had to get the army green. For me it was the most attractive......being as they don't do a pink or purple one. I am soooooo excited!

MAFIA said:
what about arrow racing tire they come 24x3 and 24x2.75 but i think the company broke or something anyway i read on some forum that they pretty strong i found a bunch of them from a seller Rix what do you think you are the tire expert of the community

I appreciate the comment, thank you. I tried both the Wide Bite (24x3) and the Prim Bite 24x2.75 last year on the Bomber The knobby squares on both of the tires are bigger than the Razorback 24x3. This would suggest a longer road life use out of the tires. I wouldn't know for sure because like the Duro I flatted them. They didn't prove to be any better at resisting pinched flats over the Razorbacks. The Prime Bite has a very thin sidewall. Its Kevlar reinforced but I managed to tear slits on the last tire I ran. The Prime Bite is a low profile tires, comes in around 24.75 inches inflated with softer rubber. The Widebite was a full inch taller if I recall correctly. If you have an option between the two, go with the WideBite hard compound tire. That thing is over 60A and will wear well if you don't pinch flat.

///Edit/// Just checked the Arrow site, the Primebite is listed at 24.7" not 24.75" The both tires are offered in 47 and 62 durometer hardness options. So I must have had the softer Primebite tire when I briefly ran it.

Bexxer, that's great, I have the green as well. Worked out for me because green is my favorite color. Can't say Pink or Purple would have won out when I chose my color had they been an color option. Now I remember, you are from Colorado, tall, and ride dual purpose bikes with your husband correct? Once you get one, your husband will want one also, be prepared for that :D

Rick

Rix said:
MAFIA said:

I appreciate the comment, thank you. I tried both the Wide Bite (24x3) and the Prim Bite 24x2.75 last year on the Bomber The knobby squares on both of the tires are bigger than the Razorback 24x3. This would suggest a longer road life use out of the tires. I wouldn't know for sure because like the Duro I flatted them. They didn't prove to be any better at resisting pinched flats over the Razorbacks. The Prime Bite has a very thin sidewall. Its Kevlar reinforced but I managed to tear slits on the last tire I ran. The Prime Bite is a low profile tires, comes in around 24.75 inches inflated. The Widebite was a full inch taller if I recall correctly. If you have an option between the two, go with the WideBite hard compound tire. That thing is over 60A and will wear well if you don't pinch flat.

Rick
but feels good or the razor beat them and i only find prime bite on 24x2.75 do you recommended wow you test every tire looool ,damn Rix you are a flatted tire machine if i have a tire company i will call you for tester loooool i am only 190 pound and i am overweight i am a 160 guy lool i was more fat before i got my beloved bomber btw Rix thank you very much http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrow-racin.../110665259740?pt=US_Tires&hash=item19c429dadc

Mafia no problem, yah I am 255#-260# with my helmet and camel back on full of water and tools. Too much Aussie Ribs and Chili Beer. With that much weight plus 120# bike, you can see that up to 380# pounds is a little much on bicycle tires. But If there is one thing I can say, the Bomber's frame and swingarm are super tough. I still don't have any stress cracks anywhere. When I first got it, I checked all of the time, now I don't even check anymore. If something was going to break, it would have buy now. I have broken BMX frames before. On my old 84 Xr200 back in the 80s. I cracked it at the head tube and lower portion of the frame, my dad welded up and gusseted the crap out of for me. Glad we caught that before the front end separated form the rest of the bike. Those tires will need a smaller tube than what you got right now. Get some 24x2.5s. I don't think a 80/90x21 MC tube will fit in those Prime Bites. I say that because I couldn't get the stock Duro 24x3.00 to come close to fitting in those tires.

Rick

Man! I must really fly on the Bomber with my 60 kilograms! Muhaha! It accelerates pretty nice with my mass :D
When I have my kid on the frame it is a Huge difference, almost sluggish! He is 25kg

My controller is almost cold after hard ride and the motor is around 40C. So this bike is way underpowered. Next step I would like to make is a 100V battary and a nice controller, like max-e http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37377
With this sine-wave controller the motor would be dead silent. Now is makes electrical buzz when going flat and grunting noises when accelerating hard from still :)
With this setup maybe I could push 10kW and THEN probably have a power wheelie?

voicecoils said:
HAL9000v2.0 said:
New V-boxx came with liquid fat.
NLGI 00

Cool. Wiki describes NLGI 00 as having the consistency of 'applesauce'. :lol: It's also the second lightest grade described, so it should be quite low friction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLGI_Grade

Guys in some recent posts used Super Lube in theirs vboxxes. Super Lube have a NLGI grade of 2 which means peanut butter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLGI_consistency_number) if you compare it to food.
That is very thick. I think I would rather be using something more fluidble :) to avoid rolling resistance in the gears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_4T9YJInA I have around 1500km on my bike and I will try to change old oil in the winter. Remember to use cleaning oil before you change to new apple sauce :)

Back