E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

1abv said:
[im

h

We need to get together and do some riding. Don't know the when and how though. I like the terrain you got. Alot less rocky than where I am at, a little more trees, and still wide open and hilly. Like a roller coaster for Stealth Ebikes. I need to research your spare front sprocket, a while back, somewhere and I can't recall, I saw an after market 26T sprocket for the Bomber that replaced the stock one.

WOO HOO !!!!
Got my replacement V Boxx today from ONE4TORQUE !!!, your a sound GEEZER :D :D :D
i will keep to my end of the deal thanks thanks thanks were some good lads on here mucho appreciated xxxxx

I need to research your spare front sprocket, a while back, somewhere and I can't recall, I saw an after market 26T sprocket for the Bomber that replaced the stock one.[/quote]

Hi Rix, was it a Quigley build that used the aftermarket larger front sprocket?

Nearly back on it after a six week wait for a minor cracked rear swingarm repair.

Replaced the majority of the capacitors on my controller circuit board during the down time and replaced all the wiring.

When I disassmebled the controller to replace the battery and phase wires, I noted one of the smaller caps was completely blown off the circuit board and most others had been very hot as the heat shrick wrap around them was cracked and coming off. Interestingly the controller still seemed to function OK. What do they do?

Cheers,
Clinton

CJonaBttlrckt said:
I need to research your spare front sprocket, a while back, somewhere and I can't recall, I saw an after market 26T sprocket for the Bomber that replaced the stock one.

Nearly back on it after a six week wait for a minor cracked rear swingarm repair.

Replaced the majority of the capacitors on my controller circuit board during the down time and replaced all the wiring.

When I disassmebled the controller to replace the battery and phase wires, I noted one of the smaller caps was completely blown off the circuit board and most others had been very hot as the heat shrick wrap around them was cracked and coming off. Interestingly the controller still seemed to function OK. What do they do?

Cheers,
Clinton[/quote]

Interesting. Can you post a pic? Put a picture with your post so to speak?

Quigly eh?

Little Leary of using those guys. Ill do a search on the thread to see I there are any other options.. But if anyone knows that would be great!

Totally stumped on how to fix a bad squeak... squeak in the my rear suspension on my sb178.... I'm pretty sure it's the bushings but I can't seem to fix it.
I've tried:

1. applied super-lube (vboxx grease) to the o-rings. No change.
2. swapped out shocks with my new bike.... no change same noise.
3. pulled the seat bracket and remounted it, tight.
4. retorqued and changed my seat....
5. tightened all the vboxx mount bolts
6. check tq on the sw arm conn bolts

Is there a chance the super-lube vboxx grease is the wrong stuff for this application? What lube do you use for your bushings?

thx... this is driving me nuts.

one4torque said:
Totally stumped on how to fix a bad squeak... squeak in the my rear suspension on my sb178.... I'm pretty sure it's the bushings but I can't seem to fix it.
I've tried:

Is there a chance the super-lube vboxx grease is the wrong stuff for this application? What lube do you use for your bushings?

Are you positive that the squeak is coming from the bushings? I would check the shaft, the spring seats and the bolts. If you can replicate the squeak at anytime I would push in the suspension and as you are doing this put your hand on the spring, the shaft, the mounting points to find out where its coming from you should feel it in your hand. It may be internal in the shock….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2uHBhKTSe0

one4torque said:
I've tried:

Super lube on the Vboxx has proven to be the shit for my Bomber. Almost 5 years now and not a single problem. But I don't use that on my suspension. I use this stuff and squirt it on after every after I use my air compressor to blow the dirt away. Then when I squirt it on, I use my air compressor to blast the stuff into the mounting joints on the upper and lower shock mounts.

one4torque said:
I've tried:

Just take your bushings apart, clean em and lube em, put it back together.

Rix said:
CJonaBttlrckt said:
I need to research your spare front sprocket, a while back, somewhere and I can't recall, I saw an after market 26T sprocket for the Bomber that replaced the stock one.

Cheers,
Clinton

Interesting. Can you post a pic? Put a picture with your post so to speak?[/quote]

On page Page 476 Ridetheligthning talks about a QMS larger front sprocket. However, I do remember a build including a photo of such. It may have been on the QMS website or a post QMS put on this forum about a build he had done.
Cheers,
Clinton

Squeaky Rear Susp -

Things I've tried:
1. took bushings apart and injected super-lube into the spherical bearing... and O-rings... and brass fittings - no luck.
2. tested a completely different shock... no change.. same noise....
3. I've tried 2 sets of bushings from 2 shocks. makes same noise with both sets of bushings......

Ideas:
I'll try to compress the shock and put my hand downthere to feel for a vibration......
I can try to lube the shock shaft..... perhaps at full compression it is dry and making noise? I've got some other lube to test.

I'll keep trying things.... and post up when I find the culpurit. I'm not too stealthy at the moment. :shock:

As I'm rebuilding my Bomber due a controller repair I thought I could make two little holes in the frame in the location indicated in the pic to let the dust and eventually the water out. I will paint the holes to avoid rusting.
Is it a good or a bad idea?
20160811_234338_1.jpg

one4torque said:
Squeaky Rear Susp -

Things I've tried:
1. took bushings apart and injected super-lube into the spherical bearing... and O-rings... and brass fittings - no luck.
2. tested a completely different shock... no change.. same noise....
3. I've tried 2 sets of bushings from 2 shocks. makes same noise with both sets of bushings......

Ideas:
I'll try to compress the shock and put my hand downthere to feel for a vibration......
I can try to lube the shock shaft..... perhaps at full compression it is dry and making noise? I've got some other lube to test.

I'll keep trying things.... and post up when I find the culpurit. I'm not too stealthy at the moment. :shock:

Swingarm pivot bearing/s on vboxx caput?
Frame cracked?
Cheers

bigbore said:
As I'm rebuilding my Bomber due a controller repair I thought I could make two little holes in the frame in the location indicated in the pic to let the dust and eventually the water out. I will paint the holes to avoid rusting.
[i/img]

Fratello, cosa successo con la controller?

28926882915_1569e1b7e5_z.jpg

did you hear about the midnight rambler…..

new fun thing… climb a hill at night and go down it with no lights….what could possibly go wrong???

bigbore said:
20160811_234338_1.jpg

If you got a side stand or park your bike more or less leaning to the same side you could get away with only one hole.

Rix said:
bigbore said:
[i/img]

Fratello, cosa successo con la controller?
I guess I had an issue with the charge mode that went on by himself while I was riding, than wen I pushed the regen button the power board burned. Probably the culprit was my old RC7b firmware that I was advised to upgrade but I didn't. They changed the power board the halls cable and upgraded the Firmware at the latest RC9G4. One cool feature I read about the latest firmware is the possibility to lock eco mode with a password but I need to find out how to use it.

macribs said:
bigbore said:
20160811_234338_1.jpg

If you got a side stand or park your bike more or less leaning to the same side you could get away with only one hole.

Great idea! I have a side kickstand so I will do just one hole on the left.

CJonaBttlrckt said:

Yes it was Quigley, my bike was the prototype.

quote="QMS"]Hi guys, here's a few pics of a sprocket & chain mod we did to "White Knights" B52 recently. Its a Heavy Duty 25T Sprocket with a heavy duty halflink chain. We reckon it turned out really well with about a 10-12km increase in comfortable cadence for the B52. (around 62km p/h). Not a profound difference from standard but definitely worth it. It provides a much tougher & better wearing drive train too. We attempted this mod as a 14tooth free wheel for the B52 & seems to be incredibly allusive. We might even look at producing this in a kit form too..
DSC00035_zpsh4h5kyeq.jpg
DSC00036_zps08rvprcz.jpg
DSC00041_zpsx5lkdeyi.jpg
DSC00042_zpsqjbcc56o.jpg
DSC00050_zpsyxv7q4vu.jpg
[/quote]

Thats it, I guess it was a 25T and not 26T, being that is came for QMS, I wouldn't order one for the time being. QMS has not come through for a couple of guys that have spent serious bucks, and until that happens, dont chance it. Hopefully QMS gets his health on track and bounces back.

Back