E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Belt drive for street= weee!!!!!!

Belt drive for dirt = :(

Zero does a chain drive conversion because debris and crud even a branch can get in the cogs. I also read where they have snapped because of crud / even a tree branch.. riding dirtbikes I have had branches, rope, tall grass, small children, a grouse caught in my chain... pull it out and its all good!

Allex said:
TV, have you seen Pinion drive?
Vboxx is from 2006

Pinion is smaller, lighter and made in Germany :)
http://pinion.eu/en/p-line/

First one to be used in a powerful ebike::
CloOAqtXIAAsk6y.jpg:large

Now what I miss on all ebikes is belt drive, think about how even more silent it would be and how even more cleaner your bike would be!
0ff060a0bc188c4a634e62ca15b6ac31.jpg

Totally agree on Pinion! :)
I also wish more Ebike makers would use the Gates carbon drive belt system. I do hear that for off-road they can be more sensitive to rocks getting lodge in the belt/pulley

By the way, thanks for that image of the Neematic bike, I had never heard of the bike and it looks very interesting (although there is not much information so far) :)
http://www.neematic.com/

Allex said:
Vboxx is from 2006

First one to be used in a powerful ebike::
CloOAqtXIAAsk6y.jpg:large

Now what I miss on all ebikes is belt drive, think about how even more silent it would be and how even more cleaner your bike would be!

I never heard of it, but it looks like a real nice bike.

Belt drive is ok. I think a belt would be great for mid drive, but for a Stealth I don't see much benefit. My chain doesn't make much noise.

I agree with what that guy said in the video about heavy hub motors not being good on rough terrain. That's one reason I think Stealth's are really better street bikes.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Allex said:
Vboxx is from 2006

Pi

I never heard of it, but it looks like a real nice bike.

Belt drive is ok. I think a belt would be great for mid drive, but for a Stealth I don't see much benefit. My chain doesn't make much noise.

I agree with what that guy said in the video about heavy hub motors not being good on rough terrain. That's one reason I think Stealth's are really better street bikes.

Yah, TV, same here, the big advantage with belt drive would be never having to lube it, never rusting, thats really it. I don't know what kind of weight savings we would see, if any, but on 100+ pound ebikes, a few grams wouldn't be noticed, not even a little.

turbo9111 said:
WOO HOO !!!!
Got my replacement V Boxx today from ONE4TORQUE !!!, your a sound GEEZER :D :D :D
i will keep to my end of the deal thanks thanks thanks were some good lads on here mucho appreciated xxxxx

Turbo-- glad you are able to get your orig vboxx sorted locally... Soo lmk when you ship mine back to Texas mate.
Jeffry-the-bodine

Allex said:
Vboxx is from 2006

The one thing the Vboxx seems to have over the Pinion, is the fact that you can have the Swing Arm on the BB axis, allowing for a simple chain system with no tensioner.
It does not look like you can do that with the Pinion configuration, which is a limitation for rear Hub bikes.
It is obviously not a problem for the Mid drive Neematic, as they have two chainrings.

And that under 4lb new Pinion C1.6 sure looks nice :)
http://pinion.eu/en/c-line/

I really don't understand this preoccupation with weight on a motor bicycle. Maybe it matters more riding in dirt, but when I'm near 50 mph in traffic riding through a corner with 5000 bone crushers on either side of my bike, my bike feels like it's almost too light as it is.

My first motorcycle, a Honda S90 weighted 200 lbs, and wasn't as fast as my Bomber.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I really don't understand this preoccupation with weight on a motor bicycle. Maybe it matters more riding in dirt, but when I'm near 50 mph in traffic riding through a corner with 5000 bone crushers on either side of my bike, my bike feels like it's almost too light as it is.

My first motorcycle, a Honda S90 weighted 200 lbs, and wasn't as fast as my Bomber.

My first bike was a Honda Y 50. It weighed about the same as my bomber, and couldn't get out of its own way with a 30# rider on it.

Theodore Voltaire said:

Unless I misunderstood what you were referring to, I don't think the point raised was the motor weight itself, as the power to weight ratio on these bikes is indeed much better than anything else. I think it was about the fact that having that weight in the rear wheel is not the best for off road. It is fine on streets but Off Road it is better to have that weight in the middle.

scrambler said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Unless I misunderstood what you were referring to, I don't think the point raised was the motor weight itself, as the power to weight ration on these bikes is indeed much better than anything else. I think it was about the fact that having that weight in the rear wheel is not the best for off road. It is fine on streets but Off Road it is better to have that weight in the middle.

You understood correctly, its just TV and I always get side tracked trying to one up each other :lol:

Oh yeah! I'm ready with the cart .... now I have a real Bomber at work :D
This is the cart as I bought it used. It come from Switzerland Post (found at a used moped shop in Pisa). It's street legal in Switzerland up to 45Km/h with moped tyres on 16" rims and rubber shock absorbers:
20160428_131224_1.jpg

I extended the bar in the middle to clear the rear tyre and mud guard and to be attached at the saddle tube and modified the supporting foot to gain floor clearance:
20160723_122334_1.jpg

I made a dedicated saddle with the hook that I swap wen needed. This is a previous image with stock supporting foot:
20160602_172739_1.jpg

And here we are in action:
20160818_201835_1.jpg

20160818_195557_1.jpg

I have a wood-burning fireplace stove and this is the cheapest firewood I can find :mrgreen:

Jimboyr6 said:
Damm thats a good idea,can u still lean the bomber in corners?

Sure the link is ball joint, but it's better to ride at low speed during cornering to avoid overturn the cart.

bigbore said:
Oh yeah! I'm ready with the cart .... now I have a real Bomber at work :D
This is the cart as I bought it used. It come from Switzerland Post (found at a used moped shop in Pisa). It's street legal in Switzerland up to 45Km/h with moped tyres on 16" rims and rubber shock absorbers:
20160818_195557_1.jpg

I have a wood-burning fireplace stove and this is the cheapest firewood I can find :mrgreen:

Thats awesome Simone, what a great idea

29260287765_29ed5b35f5_z.jpg

2 years to the day of riding on this tire (used when I bought the bike)….average 3 times a week…… ok so its a little worn….whatever..you can't Judge me!

1abv said:
2 years to the day of riding on this tire (used when I bought the bike)….average 3 times a week…… ok so its a little worn….whatever..you can't Judge me!
There's still some life left in that! Don't stop till you start getting punctures or can see the nylon. :p

Cheers

JumperJackFlash said:
How much can you haul? Can someone sit in there?

I gues up to about 80Kg. I can jump in that cart without packing the shocks and I'm 82Kg

1abv said:
29260287765_29ed5b35f5_z.jpg

Is that the front? I hope so, because my rear looks like this after about 500km ~1 month of use.

Allex said:
1abv said:
[im

Is that the front? I hope so, because my rear looks like this after about 500km ~1 month of use.

Same here, I got about 300 to 360 miles when I ran the Razorbacks on my Bomber.

Back