E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Nice kid hauler CD. I always planned to make something like that for mine, but they bloody grew up too fast!

And on that note, here's the first time I took my munchkins for a ride on my stealth fighter. Almost 5 years to the day. Damn time flies.
The wide 'top bar' is perfect for them to sit on actually, and then you just hold them in with your legs. Not much chop for pedaling but ideal for joy rides.

[youtube]dk6yurojtZ8[/youtube]

Thanks Jay.
Yep I do the same with my kids round the backyard and they love it, but I did have my daughters leg get slightly twisted once when it got caught between the pedal and frame. I wasn't pedalling, but had to move the pedals to take a turn. It wasn't that bad, but one for others to be aware of if they want to try it.
It's also good to tell the kids not to grab the bars where the throttle is or that could end badly. I make sure mine only hold the empty sections of the bars towards the middle.

Cheers

Hyena said:
Nice kid hauler CD. I always planned to make something like that for mine, but they bloody grew up too fast!

And on that note, here's the first time I took my munchkins for a ride on my stealth fighter. Almost 5 years to the day. Damn time flies.
The wide 'top bar' is perfect for them to sit on actually, and then you just hold them in with your legs. Not much chop for pedaling but ideal for joy rides.

[youtube]dk6[/youtube]

I remember this video. Shortly after, I gave my son his first ride. Then after that, he wouldn't let me go riding without him. It wasn't until he got to big to comfortably fit on the frame with the seat pushing him forward that he lost interest. And yah, I would let him work the throttle, all he knew was WOT and I had to manually over power his twist to get the Bomber shut down. Will see if I can find a pic of it.

Cowardlyduck said:
It's also good to tell the kids not to grab the bars where the throttle is or that could end badly. I make sure mine only hold the empty sections of the bars towards the middle.
Yeah that can end badly real quick, especially on a 10kw bike!
I was running BMX style bars with a cross brace on my old fighter so it was perfect - they had their own little set of handlebars in the middle to hold on to.

Rix, give the amount of time that has passed, it sounds like your little bloke must be ready for his own e-wheels now ?
My eldest has actually outgrown his first e-moto. Time to upgrade him this christmas.

IMG_2938.jpg Well I decided to take the plunge...I'm officially an owner of a Stealth Bomber #222 :D The bike was in great shape and the battery is solid. Gonna take my first off road ride tomorrow. Now I need to find a good lightweight full face helmet to protect my giant noggin.

Thanks for the help ya'll in evaluating and inspecting the bike prior to purchase. Guess I have lots of reading to get caught up on this thread, lol. Looking forward to learning and being part of this community. Cheers and happy 4th to everyone!!!

PS you can call me Beach for short

Nice looks good, got saint brakes by the look of it,and different forks ?
What u get it for in the end ?

recumpence said:
Hey Guys,

What are you seeing in the way of WH per mile and at what speed?

The CA on my Bomber shows a fluctuation between 1100w-1500w at 30MPH with the Bomber and the TC4080 laced to a MC Rim running a 24.25" tire around 30mph.

ondabeach247 said:
Well I decided to take the plunge...I'm officially an owner of a Stealth Bomber #222 :D The bike was in great shape and the battery is solid. Gonna take my first off road ride tomorrow. Now I need to find a good lightweight full face helmet to protect my giant noggin.

Thanks for the help ya'll in evaluating and inspecting the bike prior to purchase. Guess I have lots of reading to get caught up on this thread, lol. Looking forward to learning and being part of this community. Cheers and happy 4th to everyone!!!

PS you can call me Beach for short

More importantly, take one of those side covers off and snap a pick of the battery.

recumpence said:
Hey Guys,

What are you seeing in the way of WH per mile and at what speed?

If I drain about 10 Ah from the battery on my Bomber I get around 30 - 35 Km in the summer and around 20 Km in the winter time With Duro Razorbacks. But then I live in a very mounties area. And cold in the winter time. And I might be a bit of a lead foot. Speed Varies from 0 - 80 Km/h. Depending on traffic.

I could use some help on recommendations for a quality cable/lock system to secure my stealth bomber with. Also some guidance on how best to secure the bike to deter theft.

Does anyone use any kind of "low-jack" system to track the bike in the event it is stolen?

Cheers,
Beach

I put a fake GPS tracking sticker on it, plus a solar powered blinking LED. Costs about $2 all up and will deter most opportunistic thieves. :)

51Nmb40FlsL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

51dRTbY4zqL._SY355_.jpg

Cheers

Hyena said:
[qu

Rix, give the amount of time that has passed, it sounds like your little bloke must be ready for his own e-wheels now ?
My eldest has actually outgrown his first e-moto. Time to upgrade him this christmas.

Yes he is, I am looking at the Stacyc 16 E drive for him, and then upgrade the 20V 4Ah (I think its probably a 5S battery)to 6S 20Ah battery Multistar. I will make it fit.

https://www.stacycstabilitycycle.com/product/16-edrive/

Well I decided to take the plunge...I'm officially an owner of a Stealth Bomber #222 :D The bike was in great shape and the battery is solid. Gonna take my first off road ride tomorrow. Now I need to find a good lightweight full face helmet to protect my giant noggin.

Thats awesome, welcome to the club. Let us know how your first ride went.

ondabeach247 said:
I could use some help on recommendations for a quality cable/lock system to secure my stealth bomber with. Also some guidance on how best to secure the bike to deter theft.

Does anyone use any kind of "low-jack" system to track the bike in the event it is stolen?

Cheers,
Beach
Hi Beach

In my opinion there are NO adequate cable looks available on the marked today. Your best option is to use as many different types of locks as possible, so the potential thief needs as big an arsenal of tools as possible to brake or cut them. Most locks can be beaten within 20 -30 seconds, even a solid U lock.

One happy ebiker! As far as locks go, here is one that will run you around $200 bucks, in one independent test I read, it took over an hour to cut through with a portable saw. No lock is un-defeatable, but with this lock, the shit thief will be on-scene for a bit before he defeats it. http://www.kryptonitelock.com/content/kryt-us/en/products/product-information/current-key/999577.html

also can use those bike cover, so theft thinks you might just have a Walmart $100 bike

Rix said:

Took the bike out for my first ride yesterday, rides smooth and very powerful. I deal with a fair amount of pain in my tailbone and hips from an auto immune disorder so my first upgrades are gonna be a more comfortable saddle and a taller seatpost. Thanks all for the feedback on theft deterrence, I currently have it locked up in my garage with 3 locks, lol. I'll be upgrading my security in and around the garage with cameras and alarms as well.

The seller also included a custom pedal operated powder coated stand built specifically for the Bomber which is pretty awesome. He says he's gonna start producing them in numbers and sell them as a side business.

ondabeach247 said:
Rix said:

Took the bike out for my first ride yesterday, rides smooth and very powerful. I deal with a fair amount of pain in my tailbone and hips from an auto immune disorder so my first upgrades are gonna be a more comfortable saddle and a taller seatpost. Thanks all for the feedback on theft deterrence, I currently have it locked up in my garage with 3 locks, lol. I'll be upgrading my security in and around the garage with cameras and alarms as well.

The seller also included a custom pedal operated powder coated stand built specifically for the Bomber which is pretty awesome. He says he's gonna start producing them in numbers and sell them as a side business.

Can you take a picture of the stand and post it? Curious to see it. As far as comfortable saddles go, Brooks saddles are king in that department. And watch out for TV, he's got his Bomber set up very comfortable, but if you listen too much to him, he will have you running ubergay streamers :lol: :lol:

ondabeach247 said:
Rix said:

I use the serfas RX on all of my bikes ad dig em... Also suspension adjustemnts/ possible revalve of the shock will help out a ton. even lowering tire pressure will help.

As far as locks this one I think is the one to get:
Forever lock is pretty much unpickable and takes forever to cut through. expensive though.
https://the-forever-lock.myshopify.com/

V-Boxx Cleaner?

I have the fourth gear on my V-Boxx that do not engage as it should, sometime it takes more than a full forward rotation of the pedals before the gear is engaged. I've tried to adjust the cables with more and less play and also to have one cable with less play than the other and the other way around but the problem remains so I want to try to clean the V-boxx and put new grease inside.

In first gear I do not have any sound while spinning the pedals backwards that seems a good thing from the tutorial video of Dlogic.

What about if i use CRC Quickclean? It's the spray I use to clean everything including my motorbike chain with o-rings and normally is used from the mechanics as brake cleaner.
detergente-quickleen-crc.jpg

bigbore said:
V-Boxx Cleaner?

I have the fourth gear on my V-Boxx that do not engage as it should, sometime it takes more than a full forward rotation of the pedals before the gear is engaged. I've tried to adjust the cables with more and less play and also to have one cable with less play than the other and the other way around but the problem remains so I want to try to clean the V-boxx and put new grease inside.

In first gear I do not have any sound while spinning the pedals backwards that seems a good thing from the tutorial video of Dlogic.

What about if i use CRC Quickclean? It's the spray I use to clean everything including my motorbike chain with o-rings and normally is used from the mechanics as brake cleaner.

Hey Bigbore,
There is a cover gasket and multiple sealed bearings inside the vobxx. Not sure how they would react to quick clean.

ondabeach247 said:
I heard back from the seller on the #222 bomber and he says the replacement battery and charger were direct from stealth for $2400 including shipping. That sounds about right yeah?

Hi folks,
Interesting, Stealth recently quoted me $3k including the required new charger for their new LifePo 22Ah Bomber battery. That probably didn't include shipping which wouldn't be too bad from Melbourne to Sydney.
Do you know about when the battery was replaced?
I am down to below 6Ah now and local 10km rides.
Funny, I'm selfish and want the range a 27-30Ah+ battery will give me! I have and am still considering one of Hyena's 22Ah Futr batteries which are reasonably priced.
I think I theoretically configured a 30Ah 88V Multistar lipo setup that would just fit for around $2.4K. Though, after watching a good video elsewhere on here about lipos, I am paranoid of them blowing up and am not keen on the apparent monitoring/maintenance required?
I just want 30Ah of 18650s. IS THIS SO MUCH TO ASK?! I may just have to get my head around welding and wiring I guess. Oh, and there is the dilemma of getting them down under of course!
Cheers
Clinton

CJonaBttlrckt said:
Interesting, Stealth recently quoted me $3k including the required new charger for their new LifePo 22Ah Bomber battery. That probably didn't include shipping which wouldn't be too bad from Melbourne to Sydney.
Clinton I should have specified that was in USD currency which is right around $3k Australian dollars. He said the battery was replaced six weeks ago. I've now updated my profile with my location to prevent confusion going forward.

CJonaBttlrckt said:
Hi folks,
I am down to below 6Ah now and local 10km rides.
Funny, I'm selfish and want the range a 27-30Ah+ battery will give me! I have and am still considering one of Hyena's 22Ah Futr batteries which are reasonably priced.
I think I theoretically configured a 30Ah 88V Multistar lipo setup that would just fit for around $2.4K. Though, after watching a good video elsewhere on here about lipos, I am paranoid of them blowing up and am not keen on the apparent monitoring/maintenance required?
I just want 30Ah of 18650s. IS THIS SO MUCH TO ASK?! I may just have to get my head around welding and wiring I guess. Oh, and there is the dilemma of getting them down under of course!
Cheers
Clinton
I was in a similar situation to you about 3-4 years back. After getting my Fighter battery replaced and repaired under warranty about 4 times, I took the plunge on LiPo. This was my first setup:
P1060312.jpg

That LiPo is a bit tired now so I've retired it from use on the Fighter.

Now I'm running 1.3KWh of Multistars with room to spare and about 30% less weight than the original stock battery. Both LiPo setups cost me about $500-600. Bulk chargers are under $100, and a good balance charging setup is $150-200. You'll also need a LiPo harness, which I can make for you starting at about $100:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83872

As long as you treat LiPo with the same respect as you would treat petrol you should not have any problems. Just learn the importance of balancing and keep a regular eye on things.

I recently helped Emmett get setup with a decent LiPo setup (same as I'm currently running in my Fighter actually) and he's lovin it. :)

Cheers

Cheers

Back