E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
ondabeach247 said:
Rix said:
Thats awesome, welcome to the club. Let us know how your first ride went.

Took the bike out for my first ride yesterday, rides smooth and very powerful. I deal with a fair amount of pain in my tailbone and hips from an auto immune disorder so my first upgrades are gonna be a more comfortable saddle and a taller seatpost. Thanks all for the feedback on theft deterrence, I currently have it locked up in my garage with 3 locks, lol. I'll be upgrading my security in and around the garage with cameras and alarms as well.

The seller also included a custom pedal operated powder coated stand built specifically for the Bomber which is pretty awesome. He says he's gonna start producing them in numbers and sell them as a side business.

Can you take a picture of the stand and post it? Curious to see it. As far as comfortable saddles go, Brooks saddles are king in that department. And watch out for TV, he's got his Bomber set up very comfortable, but if you listen too much to him, he will have you running ubergay streamers :lol: :lol:

Ive seen the stand this guy has, its just a modified moto stand with a standard foot lever. Main difference is the the point where the stand holds the bike is contoured to cup the bottom of the VBOX. Its my understanding that Stealth Australia makes these.

Quick question, are any of you guys running the Grin Cycle Satiator? Reason I ask is I may want a smaller travel charger and was wondering if the pin out on the XLR connector is the same as on the stock Bomber?

http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cycle-satiator.html

I tried putting a multi meter on the stock charger to test polarity of the factory XLR charger connector but the is no power until it senses a battery load so I was unsuccessful.

st35326 said:
Quick question, are any of you guys running the Grin Cycle Satiator? Reason I ask is I may want a smaller travel charger and was wondering if the pin out on the XLR connector is the same as on the stock Bomber?

I tried putting a multi meter on the stock charger to test polarity of the factory XLR charger connector but the is no power until it senses a battery load so I was unsuccessful.

The charger pinout is not the same for the Bomber and Satiator. You will need to make a XLR F (Satiator side) to XLR male (Bomber side) conversion cable. Interestingly the Fighter and Bomber pinouts are both different so you would need a different conversion cable for each bike.

st35326 said:

Here's a bit more information on charging with the Satiator.

The charger is easy to use but you will need to set up profiles for your battery pack. This is best done using the USB to Charger programming cable (from Grin) and the Satiator Software Suite (from Grin website) which I use on a Windows Laptop but which can also run on a MAC. You will need a conversion cable since the charger uses Pin 1 + and Pin 2 - and none of the Stealth bikes use this arrangement.

I set up my profiles using the Grin charge simulator (http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/charge-simulator.html). I set up 100%, 90%, 85%,80%,70%, 60%, and 50% (one at a time) and saved each one to my Laptop. Then I can uploaded each to the charger. You can then select which profile to charge at based on expected pack use before recharge. I typically use 85% and discharge 5-8 AH, then recharge.

Max charger output is 360 watts and the charger can go as high as 103V. For a 72V pack charged to a max voltage of 86 V, the max charge current will be 360 Watts/86V = 4.2A. For the higher voltage packs the current never can be 5A it's limited by 360 watts.

Once set up the charger is a simple plug it into the bike, select your profile, and start the charge. Automatically turns off after finishing the charge.

Jim

Went for my first serious ride today. Hit some long and steep fire roads, some pretty technical single track and the street. Kinda sucked that some of the fire roads were torn up (super soft) from vehicles fighting a recent fire, but it did give me the opportunity to test many textures of dirt and sand. The bike performed great for the entire ride. Went about 15 miles, 2000ft of climbing, I didn't hold back at all and used 15 ah of battery with no issues. I'm excited to keep getting out there and having fun. The Stealth Bomber seems to be the perfect solution for my health issues (I have multiple sclerosis so fatigue is a big issue for me) and I haven't been able to mountain bike like this in several years so I'm grinning from ear to ear after this ride :D

Do we have any active members in Southern California that might be interested in meeting up to ride sometime?
Also any idea how many amp hours I should expect before the LVC (set at 70V) kills my ride from this new stealth battery and charger that were included in my recent bike purchase?
And with the new stealth supplied battery is it still important to let the batteries cool after a long ride prior to charging to extend their life?

Cheers!
IMG_4568.jpg
IMG_4569.jpg
IMG_4573.jpg

Also any idea how many amp hours I should expect before the LVC (set at 70V) kills my ride from this new stealth battery and charger that were included in my recent bike purchase?
And with the new stealth supplied battery is it still important to let the batteries cool after a long ride prior to charging to extend their life?

I don't know how many AH the battery is. For the sake of argument, lets say its 24ah. If you wack the throttle after 18-19AH are used, you MAY hit the LVC. If you take it easy, you won't hit the LVC until you put a load on it and when near depletion. If you start charging your battery while its still warm, its okay to do because Stealth's sets their chargers for 1/3C to 1/2C charge rate and the batteries don't get that warm from what I have experienced. That said, if the battery is warm, it will charge, but may be slower until it cools down doing it. In the end, if you delay charging for 20 minutes after a ride, it sure isn't going to hurt.

ondabeach247 said:
Went for my first serious ride today. Hit some long and steep fire roads, some pretty technical single track and the street. Kinda sucked that some of the fire roads were torn up (super soft) from vehicles fighting a recent fire, but it did give me the opportunity to test many textures of dirt and sand. The bike performed great for the entire ride. Went about 15 miles, 2000ft of climbing, I didn't hold back at all and used 15 ah of battery with no issues. I'm excited to keep getting out there and having fun. The Stealth Bomber seems to be the perfect solution for my health issues (I have multiple sclerosis so fatigue is a big issue for me) and I haven't been able to mountain bike like this in several years so I'm grinning from ear to ear after this ride :D

Do we have any active members in Southern California that might be interested in meeting up to ride sometime?

Cheers!
View attachment 3
View attachment 2
View attachment 1

Bomber LiFe batteries don't get warm in my experience. Stealth says to be on your way home at 17Ah as the battery shouldn't start to turn off until 18ah (according to Stealth). Why not pop the cover off and see where the heat is coming from?

Stealth_Rider said:
st35326 said:

The charger pinout is not the same for the Bomber and Satiator. You will need to make a XLR F (Satiator side) to XLR male (Bomber side) conversion cable. Interestingly the Fighter and Bomber pinouts are both different so you would need a different conversion cable for each bike.

Just for clarification purposes, Im 99% sure the pictured connector is correct, wouldn't it be easier/cheaper if I simply open up and alter what comes with the Cycle Satiator? If I want to switch/solder to correct the polarity, the plug supplied works?

Attachments

• Cycle Satiator.png
    Cycle Satiator.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,615
The programing is a fine and dandy but Ill cross that bridge when I come to it, the first issue is wiring because if thats wrong it could burn down a home. Ok here is a perspective wiring diagram there is only a couple of ways this can possibly be wired having only three prongs and we eliminated one because it was already stated that what comes with the charger will NOT work.

Son of a biotch!!! I'm due for my first repair already :x Was out for a night ride last night and made a rookie mistake that resulted in me losing the bike from under me and the bike landing on its left side bending the left crank arm in the process to the point where I could no longer pedal as the arm was bent enough that it couldn't clear the swing arm...I feel like such an idiot. Hopefully that's the only thing that was damaged. The rear disc brake was making a bit of noise so I may have bent the disc a little as well, crapola. Guess I need to measure the crank arm and find a good source for a replacement.

If anyone knows a good source for replacement SR Suntour crank arms that would be a great help.

st35326 said:
The programing is a fine and dandy but Ill cross that bridge when I come to it, the first issue is wiring because if thats wrong it could burn down a home. Ok here is a perspective wiring diagram there is only a couple of ways this can possibly be wired having only three prongs and we eliminated one because it was already stated that what comes with the charger will NOT work.

Iv changed couple of these,i put voltage display on my stealth charger so the blue wire is charger output,in my pic u could just take end cover off ur charger and put voltmeter on the end screws then u can be sure as thay could of changed wire colours by now.https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=82662

Attachments

• IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,293
BCTECH said:
also can use those bike cover, so theft thinks you might just have a Walmart $100 bike
What kind of magic is this bike Cover ? Do you have any pictures, I'm just curios.

stritzky said:
BCTECH said:
also can use those bike cover, so theft thinks you might just have a Walmart $100 bike
What kind of magic is this bike Cover ? Do you have any pictures, I'm just curios.

I've been using this one from more than a year. I cover my Bomber while parked at work but I'm lucky to have an enclosed enclosure with gate to park.

http://www.ebay.it/itm/TELO-COPRI-BICICLETTA-BICI-IMPERMEABILE-ANTIPIOGGIA-NERO-ARGENTO-BLU-ROSSO/231502555754?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=530755458473&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

ondabeach247 said:
Son of a biotch!!! I'm due for my first repair already :x Was out for a night ride last night and made a rookie mistake that resulted in me losing the bike from under me and the bike landing on its left side bending the left crank arm in the process to the point where I could no longer pedal as the arm was bent enough that it couldn't clear the swing arm...I feel like such an idiot. Hopefully that's the only thing that was damaged. The rear disc brake was making a bit of noise so I may have bent the disc a little as well, crapola. Guess I need to measure the crank arm and find a good source for a replacement.

If anyone knows a good source for replacement SR Suntour crank arms that would be a great help.

bend it back I have lost track the number of times I have done that I even made a tool for it… take off both cranks and measure the good one. They are super easy to bend back. The idea behind them is that it bends the crank before the internals get messed up. Take off the pedal, put it into a padded vice and get a long pipe that will fit over the crank arm, cover the arm with a rag and bend it back. Its no big deal….

Here ya go…
1abv said:
Made a couple of tools.. Pretty basic but useful thought I would share.

Since the v boxx cranks like to bend I made a board that has measurements on it at specific distances so when I bend the cranks back that would be in spec.

Bomber board with measurements.
15555352172_0ce9fd4ac2_z.jpg

I clamp a piece of square tubing and back the crank up against it, and now I can use it to measure how bent my cranks are and where they are bent.
15551835181_6b04303958_z.jpg

finally I get a ruler or tape measure and line it up to the marks.
14933761354_cb476683dc_z.jpg

I put the cranks in a padded vice, wrap them in cloth and bend em back in shape.

Just an update to those who are waiting for their new Stealth P7..

I emailed stealth asking if there were any updates, since the last update on the kickstarter page was from May - they said "the frames are being built as we speak, we are estimating delivery time at this stage to be around mid August. "

I'm happy for them to take their time to get it right, but damn I am so hanging out to ride it :D

Is that the 250w one? I remember seeing a stealth on kickstarter but didn't like that pricetag for a 250w pedal assist bike. But it looked pretty good

Cricket_Swe said:
Is that the 250w one? I remember seeing a stealth on kickstarter but didn't like that pricetag for a 250w pedal assist bike. But it looked pretty good

Yeah although they had a few variants by the end of the campaign:
250w street legal
750w street legal (countries where 750w allowed)
1000w offroad, with throttle

Pretty sure most people chose the offroad version :D

aksquared said:
Just an update to those who are waiting for their new Stealth P7..

I emailed stealth asking if there were any updates, since the last update on the kickstarter page was from May - they said "the frames are being built as we speak, we are estimating delivery time at this stage to be around mid August. "

I'm happy for them to take their time to get it right, but damn I am so hanging out to ride it :D

I followed up with Stealth on this as well. They are going to make an announcement at some point explaining the the specifics of the delay. Believe me when I say this, its not Stealth's fault.

Rix said:
I followed up with Stealth on this as well. They are going to make an announcement at some point explaining the the specifics of the delay. Believe me when I say this, its not Stealth's fault.

Cool - hopefully they give us the info soon.
It'd just be nice for them to keep us in the loop - I have no issue with waiting, but the last update on the kickstarter page was from 6 weeks ago, that said estimated delivery by the end of July. So there are probably backers out there, who aren't reading this thread, or who haven't contacted Stealth, who will be sitting waiting for a bike in a couple of weeks that won't show up..

If it was me I'd be putting a comment on the kickstarter page every couple of weeks: informed customers are happy customers :wink:

I have a few questions on the P7 pedal assist mode, if anyone here knows (could not find any detail on their site)

Have they implemented only a basic Cadence sensing pedal assist, or did they actually make an integrated Torque/cadence/speed pedal assist mode?
Do all models (street legal and off road) have the pedal assist mode available?

Thanks for any insights.

scrambler said:
I have a few questions on the P7 pedal assist mode, if anyone here knows (could not find any detail on their site)

Have they implemented only a basic Cadence sensing pedal assist, or did they actually make an integrated Torque/cadence/speed pedal assist mode?

Thanks for any insights.

Dont think anyone knows- they were pretty light on with detail and changing things on the fly during the campaign.. will have to wait and see! ;)

scrambler said:

Thanks for any insights.

To answer part of your question, After the campaign had ended, we were provided with 3 options which to chose from, one of the options for the US folks were a pedelec option and the other 2 were with twist throttles, a 750w at 20MPH for 1000w with 28MPH top speed if I recall correctly. What ever mode you get, its not going to have the other option. What I mean by this is I ordered the 1kw model, it wont come with the pedlec option, and whoever ordered the pedlec option, wont get a throttle with theirs. As far as the pedlec components go, I have no idea what Stealth is using.

Thanks Rix, I guess we will have to see.

It would be a shame if they only do a Cadence sensing Pedelec version, this would not be inline with a high end product.
It would also be a pity if they dont provide both the pedal assist AND the throttle. There are several offerings today with both, and it is definitely a plus.
It gives people the best of both world, which should be the goal on a bike like the P7, meant to be both a city bike and an off road one.

Future will tell if Stealth just hacked a quick downsized version of what they already have, of if they made the effort to design a complete high end product for that segment.
I am a bit surprised at the lack of details though.

Back