E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

fluid2150 said:
Why would it be cooked?
Any current Lithium chemistry doesn't like being discharged that low, and it can start to cause cell imbalance. Lifep04 is a bit more forgiving, which is why I say see how you go...to be fair, I would be doing exactly the same thing, but it's just worth mentioning and to be prepared for the possibility of it not having the same capacity as when it was new any more.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
1abv said:
Actually fits perfectly, Don't notice it while peddling.
Just don't leave it running :shock:

Its Ok... I always use a sheath when *riding...... you know for protection...

*Please note not so subtle innuendo intended as bad dad joke humor...

True, lipo is more unstable then lifepo4. But I would go to Graphene, or would go solid state. I think the batts should be ok. Trickle charged from 61.0v to 63.0v then JumpStart to 70v. Sitting now constantly at 91.4v. what and see 🕵️

50521999602_b4771446e1_z.jpg

Hey good news, there's a new battery shop in town, and it's right here in Dallas.

I went there yesterday to scope out their shop, and left quite impressed. They specialize in building custom battery packs for 50 mph eSkate Boards, One Wheels, eScooters, and of course eBikes. They can build a pack of any size, and will also repair, or upgrade any oem battery pack utilizing the stock battery shell. They're into high performance. They showed me a custom pack they were in the process of building for a 70 mph Sur Ron, and custom long range packs they make for eSkate Boards. They have Sunstone robot spot welding machines for their operation that cost $40,000 each, and I saw at least 5 of them. They said they'd be happy to build battery packs for our Bombers, and ask me if I happen to have an old one that they can use to get the dimensions off of, which I do, and plan to take to them. The principals names are Jim, West, and Dawud.

JW Batteries
1430 Dragon St #13
Dallas, Tx 75207
214 396-9296.
https://jwbatteries.com/

1abv said:
Good news.. Always good to have competition.. hows the pricing?

50521100078_4230acf45f_z.jpg

I'm sure they'll be a lot more expensive than Aliexpress, but also a lot higher quality. After I take my old stock battery down there, they'll be able to estimate a price for a Bomber battery. When I told them about my 35ah battery they said it probably had Sanyo 3500mah cells, which it does. They have higher c, higher capacity cells that they could build a Bomber pack that would be over 40 ah, and be the same size as stock.

The bad news is I just bought a new battery last year. The good news is it's a cheap ass chinese battery that will probably wear out by next year. That's good news? :confused:

Theodore Voltaire said:
...They have higher c, higher capacity cells that they could build a Bomber pack...
I call BS. If they are talking about 18650 cells, there are no higher capacity and higher c cells than the Sanyo/Samsung/LG 3500mah cells. These are still the top of the pick after 5+ years. The only 'higher c rate/higher capacity' cells are larger 2170 cells, but they are not the same size so not a direct comparison.
If they can tell you exactly what cell they use, that should be revealing.

Also note...I've made several 49AH packs for both the Fighter and Bomber...that's about the max capacity that can be fit with current top of the line cells.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
...They have higher c, higher capacity cells that they could build a Bomber pack...
I call BS. If they are talking about 18650 cells, there are no higher capacity and higher c cells than the Sanyo/Samsung/LG 3500mah cells. These are still the top of the pick after 5+ years. The only 'higher c rate/higher capacity' cells are larger 2170 cells, but they are not the same size so not a direct comparison.

Also note...I've made several 49AH packs for both the Fighter and Bomber...that's about the max capacity that can be fit with current top of the line cells.

Cheers

I call BS on your BS, these 18650 cells are 3550mah capacity. :lol: but they are only a 2.5C discharge rated cell.
https://www.18650batterystore.com/collections/18650-batteries/products/panasonic-ncr18650g-3550mah-8a

Rix said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Cheers

I call BS on your BS, these 18650 cells are 3550mah capacity. :lol: but they are only a 2.5C discharge rated cell.
https://www.18650batterystore.com/collections/18650-batteries/products/panasonic-ncr18650g-3550mah-8a

I'll find out when I go back down there in a few days.

It's quite possible this 21700 is what they showed me, I was thinking it was gray, or brown. I remember he said it was 4200 mah, and 45 amp discharge.

molicel-p42a-1-grande.jpg

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/66004

Rix said:
Ok sure, you win with 50mah and a time machine :p. Good luck actually finding a decent amount of those cells to buy anywhere. :lol:

Theodore Voltaire said:
It's quite possible this 21700 is what they showed me, I was thinking it was gray, or brown. I remember he said it was 4200 mah, and 45 amp discharge.
If they want max capacity from a 2170 cell there is really only one sensible option...the Samsung 50E. Anything else will be too low capacity for the volume IMO.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
If they want max capacity from a 2170 cell there is really only one sensible option...the Samsung 50E. Anything else will be too low capacity for the volume IMO.

Cheers

I'm guessing reason they don't use those Samsung cells is probably because of the low discharge rate. 9.8 amp vs 45 amp. These guys started out working with the eSkate community. They claim Dallas has the largest eSkate community in the country. Their biggest ride (they say float) so far was 350 boards. I'm guessing that since it's a skate board that limits the number of parallels, so they need a very high discharge. These guy have boards that are as fast as our bikes.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm guessing reason they don't use those Samsung cells is probably because of the low discharge rate. 9.8 amp vs 45 amp.
If they don't want to build the pack to the maximum possible capacity/size, then yes this makes sense.
However all it would take is a 10P pack and you've got 100A of discharge...way more than a typical Bomber really needs.
I already mocked this up some time ago and it's entirely possible using 2170 cells. Using 50E cells this would be a 20S10P - 3.6Kwh pack. An absolute monster! :shock:

This is only one layer.
Bomber 21700 Battery.JPG

Honestly this is insane, but I will build it for anyone interested in Australia. It would give a real world 180-250km range. :!:

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
I'm guessing reason they don't use those Samsung cells is probably because of the low discharge rate. 9.8 amp vs 45 amp.
If they don't want to build the pack to the maximum possible capacity/size, then yes this makes sense.
However all it would take is a 10P pack and you've got 100A of discharge...way more than a typical Bomber really needs.
I already mocked this up some time ago and it's entirely possible using 2170 cells. Using 50E cells this would be a 20S10P - 3.6Kwh pack. An absolute monster! :shock:

This is only one layer.
Bomber 21700 Battery.JPG

Honestly this is insane, but I will build it for anyone interested in Australia. It would give a real world 180-250km range. :!:

Cheers
If we lived in the same country, I would have you build me a 20s 5P out of these cells. Both my P7Rs are about the same width as my Bomber frame, and there would be enough room for single layer in that frame. With the right motor and controller, it would be a runner with 1.8kwh without the funky voodoo two layer stack

Rix said:
If we lived in the same country, I would have you build me a 20s 5P out of these cells. Both my P7Rs are about the same width as my Bomber frame, and there would be enough room for single layer in that frame. With the right motor and controller, it would be a runner with 1.8kwh without the funky voodoo two layer stack
I still haven't figured out a way to ship international...maybe one day!
But yeah, 5P using the 50E would be awesome in a Beta/P7!

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
I still haven't figured out a way to ship international...maybe one day!
But yeah, 5P using the 50E would be awesome in a Beta/P7!

Cheers

They told me at JW Batteries that they're not currently shipping internationally because they found out it costs about $10,000 to certify a battery pack for international shipping, and the cert is only good for that one size pack. Every other size pack would need to also be certified for additional $10 thou.

Back